Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: A bit of dating advice?

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’m know BG and I and maybe a few of us have known or seen members pass away over the years. Some good guys too. T-mos and Inky come to mind.
    Last edited by warchild; 05-19-2021 at 04:00 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why do newbies always revive OLD post that are long dead? lol
    songdog likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I don’t know. 75% of posts are suspect. Half of them come off like they graduated 3rd grade. The other half are Putin’s spy recruits getting their feet wet.
    lovbyts likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It’s funny that this got revived, I had never seen it before (was feeling nostalgic so I started reading, plus sv is the shit) so I read through it. Reminder that even though we get a lot of knuckleheads around here, there’s a lot of really good folks on here too…
    lovbyts likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    It’s funny that this got revived, I had never seen it before (was feeling nostalgic so I started reading, plus sv is the shit) so I read through it. Reminder that even though we get a lot of knuckleheads around here, there’s a lot of really good folks on here too…
    It was a lot more alive back then. I’m not sure why forums like this took such a hit. Sure, there are a lot of social platforms out there, but from the outside looking in, it seems like the conversations are almost always surface level and anyone can see them. Where do old gym heads like us go to talk about various topics and get to know each other as people? Reddit/instagram? I really don’t know. There’s no community on those platforms. Even though we don’t always get along on here on all topics, we can still tell who are good people and who aren’t. We know a bit about each other, some of our other interests, beliefs, etc. Non-forum platforms seem impersonal and yet too revealing. I wouldn’t want to post about my cycles on there… nor talk about something remotely serious.

Btw I don’t know what happened to sv.elia, but I’ll be in her neck of the woods for 3 weeks this summer. Wish I could have just asked her to throw me a vial while I’m there rather than have to sneak it on the airplane. Maybe she moved on and decided this lifestyle isn’t for her. I think it happens to a lot of women in bodybuilding. They do it while they’re young, get a bf or get married, then disappear. There were some threads that could have been offensive to her or other women. I had a couple of PMs with her as I guessed where she was from just from her pics. I was right.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It was a lot more alive back then. I’m not sure why forums like this took such a hit. Sure, there are a lot of social platforms out there, but from the outside looking in, it seems like the conversations are almost always surface level and anyone can see them. Where do old gym heads like us go to talk about various topics and get to know each other as people? Reddit/instagram? I really don’t know. There’s no community on those platforms. Even though we don’t always get along on here on all topics, we can still tell who are good people and who aren’t. We know a bit about each other, some of our other interests, beliefs, etc. Non-forum platforms seem impersonal and yet too revealing. I wouldn’t want to post about my cycles on there… nor talk about something remotely serious.

Btw I don’t know what happened to sv.elia, but I’ll be in her neck of the woods for 3 weeks this summer. Wish I could have just asked her to throw me a vial while I’m there rather than have to sneak it on the airplane. Maybe she moved on and decided this lifestyle isn’t for her. I think it happens to a lot of women in bodybuilding. They do it while they’re young, get a bf or get married, then disappear. There were some threads that could have been offensive to her or other women. I had a couple of PMs with her as I guessed where she was from just from her pics. I was right.
    It's because of TikTok, Instagram and Twitter. People today don't want to read and they want to be handed everything. They really don't care about community and I bet most of them recklessly run gear because they saw some guy say he does it on one of those sites.
    Cuz likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's because of TikTok, Instagram and Twitter. People today don't want to read and they want to be handed everything. They really don't care about community and I bet most of them recklessly run gear because they saw some guy say he does it on one of those sites.
    Her last online activity was in November of last year, so it hasn't been that long since she left the forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information