Thread: Fuck Cancer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Fuck Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Thank for the thought.
    I’ve tried it but to no avail....

Meet with oncologist today, hoping for some sort of lidocaine rinse. If not I’ll just have to grind it out and suck up the pain. Not eating isn’t an option. Took me over an hour to finish dinner. Every bit was agonizing, got it fucking done though.
    About to tackle some eggs, you’d think they’d be easy but they’re just as brutal. I’m telling you, even yogurt and my smoothie hurt. I know others are dealing with worse. I just keep reminding myself...
    I’m praying for you and now praying for ease of sores. Not everyone gets chemo mouth. I have used topical OTC lidocaine for in home treatment and it does help! Never used oral and didn’t know it was a thing. I hope Dr is able to hook u up with something.

It’s been taking me over an hour to eat my 2nd meal (Linner) bc I force myself to eat veggies first. Doing intermittent fasting w/2 meals and even eat breakfast veggies!

TGiThursay zoom with gf and I have no patience for 1st world b!tchings. Most ppl don’t understand how bad cancer is until happens to themselves or someone they care for...not just an acquaintance.

you are inspiring!! Admire you!

Always remember to be your own advocate or take someone with you who can advocate on your behalf.

Always remember these ppl work for you. You need something to do your job (kicking cancers a$$) you ask for it early...and remind them often if needed.

Always know Nurses can be your biggest advocate. I’m sure you are really nice person and u are building an army of allies in the hospital. Have you ever heard of a respected knowledgable nurse take down a doctor bc not doing enough for patient who is doing their best to kill cancer...it happens - mostly not in public!!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I’m praying for you and now praying for ease of sores. Not everyone gets chemo mouth. I have used topical OTC lidocaine for in home treatment and it does help! Never used oral and didn’t know it was a thing. I hope Dr is able to hook u up with something.

It’s been taking me over an hour to eat my 2nd meal (Linner) bc I force myself to eat veggies first. Doing intermittent fasting w/2 meals and even eat breakfast veggies!

TGiThursay zoom with gf and I have no patience for 1st world b!tchings. Most ppl don’t understand how bad cancer is until happens to themselves or someone they care for...not just an acquaintance.

you are inspiring!! Admire you!

Always remember to be your own advocate or take someone with you who can advocate on your behalf.

Always remember these ppl work for you. You need something to do your job (kicking cancers a$$) you ask for it early...and remind them often if needed.

Always know Nurses can be your biggest advocate. I’m sure you are really nice person and u are building an army of allies in the hospital. Have you ever heard of a respected knowledgable nurse take down a doctor bc not doing enough for patient who is doing their best to kill cancer...it happens - mostly not in public!!

You’re awesome GGR, thank you! The nurses have been amazing, actually amazing doesn’t even describe them. You’re spot on. Absolutely have to be your own advocate too...squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Thank you!!

Thread Information