Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: People are so out of touch and clueless and un informed

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

People are so out of touch and clueless and un informed

so as many as you know I'm a gym owner . I had someone call me last night telling me that my key card system and front door to my gym were not working,
    WTF !!! are you kidding me. you really think my access system is broken. the state govt. shut every gym down. your not allowed by law to go to a gym.. you didn't get the emergency alert system notice (generally reserved for tornado warning and severe storms). your supposed to stay home.

believe me. gyms are not willingly closing their doors. the govt is closing things down and telling YOU PEOPLE you can't go to your local gym.

this is the govt. doing this its NOT private industry doing this. gyms are not purposely locking the doors on you people. its the other way around. the govt is telling you people that you can't go to a gym. the LAW is not enforced on the gym per se, its enforced on YOU people . the general public.

and also , you think you deserve a refund because the gym door is locked. fine. but ask the state for a refund, not the local gym . cause again, its the state govt. enforcing this law on you, not the gym itself.

wake up people.

I'm amazed at how out of touch people in this world are

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ummm.....does your state have legalized cannabis or medical.....Never mind, GH. They had to be high!!!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Ummm.....does your state have legalized cannabis or medical.....Never mind, GH. They had to be high!!!!
    the govt taxes the shit out of liquor and cannabis.. thats why those places will still stay open
    almostgone and The road like this.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    Yes even in canada the gyms are closed. They stopped taking payments out of my account. Liquor stores and dispensarys are open of course. I took a walk with the wife the other night and saw some things. Might be other motives for keeping us all inside I'm thinking.
    The road likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    I am working this week, thank God!
    I feel for you GH and the ones being hurt are the small businesses.
    Its like a fucking war for a sole proprietor.

This is how desperate I am to work....

Today something happened that has never happened in the seven years I have done this...
    I fucking forgot a bid!

I was supposed to be at the place at 9 AM.

About 4 pm I was looking at my board and about shit myself.
    Fucking jumped off the board and slapped me in the face!
    This is a decent sized job too!

I called no answer.
    Messaged them twice.
    Had gf message them.
    Apologized profusely on voicemail and in messages.

I called again and the guy answered.
    I said as fast as I could, "I have never missed a bid and I apologize profusely and if you will let me come bid I will give you a discount and pay you $20 just to let me bid."

The guy says no prob... I don't mind shit happens.

Now here is why this is so desperate:

I had one job I just bid which was accepted and ready to go, cancel.
    This was after quarantine.

The guy works construction. His employer had contracts cancel and now they cant afford it.

I had another commercial job I bid cancel the day before.
    It was a rushed bid and they move the bid back to a date to be determined.

I talked to my buddy that does the same thing I do and he said he threw out a stupid ass cheap bid on a giant elm trying to stay busy. I said I will be damned I just did the same thing.

Turns out we bid the same tree stupidly cheap and had identical bids....

We are all going to feel this shit fucking hard before its over.
    The shit I am seeing now is literally 70% of my business is cut or ready to cancel.

That shit has ripples into the future.
    Its like a tsunami.
    It just builds and builds until it destroys everything in its path.

People keep giving optimism and theories on how it will bounce back and I just cant agree anymore.

Contractors are bidding half price.
    Just anything to keep their guys going and break even.
    Cities are cancelling much needed infrastructure revamps.
    Its compounding daily.
    GearHeaded and 2jz_calgary like this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    If you love your gym, dont stop paying. Money would be gone anyway.
    For sure i will not ask for a membership payment stop at my gym. Atleast not for the first months.
    In my area, there are no good alternatives. I dont want to be some kind of a ustabile T-rex at the fitness centers.
    So i do my part.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    GearHeaded likes this.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Our gym here has suspended payments, I would have continued to pay but...
    @ The road..I agree with you to a certain point...but when this is over public money will have to come out to compensate for all the work not being done or suspended...infrastructure costs will be more and more critical over the next few years...too much has been let go and is just barely working...underground works, water treatment, electrical systems, drainage...private money might dry up for a while however

Quote Originally Posted by DROY View Post
    Our gym here has suspended payments, I would have continued to pay but...
    @ The road..I agree with you to a certain point...but when this is over public money will have to come out to compensate for all the work not being done or suspended...infrastructure costs will be more and more critical over the next few years...too much has been let go and is just barely working...underground works, water treatment, electrical systems, drainage...private money might dry up for a while however
    I've seen other gyms around here posting that they are 'pausing' payments. BUT when you look at the fine print and see that most of their members are under a contract, you'll see that they are simply loading the $ due onto the back end of the contract.

its like having a car loan thats $30,000 . and the bank tells you you can stop making payments for a couple months ,, well those payments are not 'forgiven' they are simply adding it to the back end of the payment plan. any payment you miss is still going to have to be paid in one way or another.

as Sil said .. just keep your membership in place and keep paying is the best solution. small business like a gym can't just lose thousands and thousands of dollars in revenue and just eat that and expect to re-open.

depending on where you live, most gym memberships are like only $40 per month. thats a pretty small amount compared to the services they have offered and provided.
    heck, most people don't think twice about their $150 a month cable TV bill. they don't cancel just cause they have a month that they are too busy to watch TV..
    yet people will cancel a gym membership for any and every reason.

apart from and before this whole government shutting gyms down thing,, I had a gym member who asked for a refund simply because in the period of a month he only came to the gym twice. WTF.. that was your choice man, my doors were open 24/7 to you the whole time.
    thats like buying a season pass to a ski resort or theme park for the year ,, then you decided to only go a few times. you really think the ski resort is going to pay you back your money cause YOU decided not to show up.

IDK . people just seem to think differently in regards to membership dues to things like gyms and are super fast to cancel , while other things go totally un noticed.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Our gym, a World's gym has tacked another 15 days on to our membership to compensate for the last two weeks of march, and completely suspended payments for the month of april...however I agree with you, I would have kept paying...for the service they offer it isn't much..and they still need to pay rent, any loans on equipment etc...
    GearHeaded likes this.

to put it in perspective for you guys (to encourage you to support your local gyms) ,,, it takes 100s upon thousands of dollars to build a gym and 100s of thousands to keep it going every year. thats cold hard cash that has come out of the founders pockets.. yet a member only pays a small monthly fee to access all that equipment.
    and its not only the equipment. heck the fact that in the middle of the summer your working out yet the climate is perfectly controlled inside and at 72 degrees. that costs money.. heck flushing the damn toilet when you take a piss at your gym costs money.

the yearly over head of a basic gym is 100s of thousands of dollars . let alone the start up costs of building the gym and obtaining all the equipment in the first place.
    a single rack of dumbbells is $6000 , a single step mill is $5000, a commercial treadmill is $3500+, and a simple machine like a pec-dec is around $4500 ..
    add all that up and think about a gym like mine that has 100s of pieces of equipment and tons of cardio and treadmills, how much that all costs. on top of the monthly overhead (and I don't even have that huge of a gym , around 800 members)

I think in that perspective, a member paying $40 or so per month for a couple months to keep their membership going is a very very small amount in comparison to all that went in and goes into his gym in the first place.
    so what if you can't access your gym for a month or two , is $80 out of your pocket really going to break you , when the gym owner spent 100s and 100s of thousands of dollars to build the gym for you in the first place.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-30-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    2jz_calgary likes this.

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    I so miss my local gym....hard to stay motivated at home. I headbutted my kid today while doing a workout by accident!!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Fake ass apocalypse,

Anyway

I stopped going to the gym 3 days prior to them sounding the alarm to shut their doors

As far as paying - well, I have no contract or expectations

It’s EOS & I know they r taking a beating from this, I’d pay - maybe 1/2 or some shit < I love the place, great atmosphere & young fine asses as far as the eye can see + all new equipment

We’re already seeing businesses tank left & right - I’ll do my part to help as much as possible

Shit - my paint & body guy is working for damn near 1/2 price rn just to make the bills. My mechanic’s shop just can’t take the beating. He’s been looking at empty bays for weeks.

Such a crap pile this is - I don’t even know where to begin to sum it up
    The road likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Florida will be the next New York, so many stupid and ignorant people down here it’s unreal. One guy told me the other day that he won’t use hand sanitizer because it takes away the good bacteria on his hands, if you could’ve seen with this guy fucking look like and he’s telling me this, missing half his teeth with dreadlocks hanging down to his ass, unbelievable.I wear a mask all the time people don’t hold the door open for me because I’m wearing a mask, stare at me when I walked by, Florida is doomed.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    But for arguments sake gear headed, you were kind of stupid in the beginning yourself. I’m not closing my gym, LOL, too funny

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    But for arguments sake gear headed, you were kind of stupid in the beginning yourself. I’m not closing my gym, LOL, too funny
    I was gonna say this somewhere along the lines

But, it’s “almost” uncalled for at this point - we’re drowning over here. Small/med business are going under left & right

Everything me & wife worked for in the last 5 years is draining - slowly as possible. . . We have netted 20% of last year or the year before to this point

I was just reading our “Orange Clown’s” new take - shit’s grim. . . But, I understand how he/some of us came to that conclusion at that exact point

At this point - “god help us” hopefully we/you will be one of the lucky ones rebuilding this dying economy
    The road likes this.

Florida will be the next New York, so many stupid and ignorant people down here it’s unreal. One guy told me the other day that he won’t use hand sanitizer because it takes away the good bacteria on his hands, if you could’ve seen with this guy fucking look like and he’s telling me this, missing half his teeth with dreadlocks hanging down to his ass, unbelievable.I wear a mask all the time people don’t hold the door open for me because I’m wearing a mask, stare at me when I walked by, Florida is doomed.
    No one is doomed.
    The answer was clear in the beginning but the panic people decided it would be best to trash the economy.

The high risk need to stay sequestered.
    The rest need to go to work and leave it in Gods hands.

I keep hearing those idiots saying "Well you will spread it to my 87 year old grandpa and he cant survive it you selfish prick!"

Well.... Gramps needs to stay the hell away from people.
    Not gonna let my kids starve or depend on a government to bail me out when they have an exceptionally one sided history of ruining everything they try to control.

This pandemic is nothing new.
    It's just the first one this generation has seen.

This is not very transmittable either.

My town of 1000 had one case 16 days ago.
    No new "confirmed cases".

Stats are being drawn off of confirmed cases and media perpetuates 2% death rate. Well... Where do my kids fall into those stats because they were rejected from being tested and they had all symptoms besides a fever.

I keep asking large online groups, "Who do you know personally that has died from Corona?"

Well, Joe Diffie died...

People blew this out of proportion immensely.

We are all gonna get it at some point.

Media fought that back by saying, "Hospitals will be flooded if we don't hide."

No...
    They dont even offer treatment unless you have underlying health issues.

The answer was clear.
    Sequester the weak and get the economy moving.

Instead they pist away 2 trillion on the stock market which will get chewed up and spit out. Yet they will continue doing so.

Dragging out the economic damage.

We are playing just the tip.

One state or county requires quarantine and two weeks later another.

If we are gonna do it then do it. Otherwise its time to get back at it.

If someone is doomed its from the economic blowback.
    People dont understand just how severe this is.

Its literally like they are trying to doom the economy.
    Lots of people I know have died lately. None from this virus.
    Its been a few months now.

If its seasonal or mutates we will have trashed things over a bunch of unhealthy people too dumb to stay sequestered.

Oddly enogh the average age of my patrons lately has been 60+.

Took a check from a 101 year old lady the other day.

People are gonna live and do what they want.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

""for arguments sake"". . whats your argument ? the only thing you did was call me stupid then laugh at a negative situation. so again whats your argument, whats your point ?

also , not sure where you got your dis-information from. but I closed my gym to the public from day one and doors were locked 24/7 and only few select members were allowed in. then state called and told me I had to lock out to all members and so I did.

tons of gyms are permanately closing. cause they were struggling to begin with. "I'm not closing'' is a reference to permanently, not the temporary govt mandate closure. there is a difference.

also , keep in mind its "The People" that are being denied access to normal life and function , not the businesses themselves. all your rights are being taken from govt. restriction, its not the businesses themselves restricting you.

to put it another way, when that pastor of the church got arrested cause he held Sunday service , it was actually all the members of the church who showed up and congregated that were actually in violation .

a lot of people don't realize this. its YOU 'the people' that are restricted. people want to point fingers at private industry and business and think that they are locking them out , but really its the govt. restriction on all you people .
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 04-01-2020 at 10:36 AM.

BG
    You made a thread about not closing your gym. Did you delete that like all the other threads and post when you were wrong?

BG
    I own a gym with 800 members. I've been asked if we are going to shut down. HELL NO!! the iron game does not stop for some bullshit common cold virus. we stay open 24/7 365 rain, snow, blizzard, or pandemic. !!m

Sorry couldn’t quote on my phone, but these are your words.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    so as many as you know I'm a gym owner . I had someone call me last night telling me that my key card system and front door to my gym were not working,
    WTF !!! are you kidding me. you really think my access system is broken. the state govt. shut every gym down. your not allowed by law to go to a gym.. you didn't get the emergency alert system notice (generally reserved for tornado warning and severe storms). your supposed to stay home.

believe me. gyms are not willingly closing their doors. the govt is closing things down and telling YOU PEOPLE you can't go to your local gym.

this is the govt. doing this its NOT private industry doing this. gyms are not purposely locking the doors on you people. its the other way around. the govt is telling you people that you can't go to a gym. the LAW is not enforced on the gym per se, its enforced on YOU people . the general public.

and also , you think you deserve a refund because the gym door is locked. fine. but ask the state for a refund, not the local gym . cause again, its the state govt. enforcing this law on you, not the gym itself.

wake up people.

I'm amazed at how out of touch people in this world are
    I’m filling out the application for the Paycheck Protection Program through the govt. I don’t like it but I’ll be damn if I go belly up over this stupid shit. It takes care of rent employees business related bills insurance and my paycheck.
    GearHeaded, The road, BG and 2 others like this.

I own a gym with 800 members. I've been asked if we are going to shut down. HELL NO!! the iron game does not stop for some bullshit common cold virus. we stay open 24/7 365 rain, snow, blizzard, or pandemic. !!m

Sorry couldn’t quote on my phone, but these are your words.
    That was BEFORE the government mandate . I wasn't going to shut down gym simply for the heck of it . lots of gyms and businesses were shutting down before they had to because they were belly up anyways and simply used the 'corona' thing as an excuse to lay off all their employees and start their bankruptcies.
    I wasn't going to close unless I had to . thats what that statement meant .. just like no contractor should stop working with his hands and helping people unless he has to .
    The road and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Well at the rate this is seeming it’s going to last I’m about 1 vertical leg press, and dumbells from 35-75 pounds away from never having to go to a commercial gym again

Well my county just imposed shelter in place. I live a half mile to the county line. Fuck that noise. I gotta work.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Well my county just imposed shelter in place. I live a half mile to the county line. Fuck that noise. I gotta work.
    We're stopped off at work too, Cape. Waiting to hear what next week holds in store.

Governor McMaster put out an executive order yesterday closing ,"non-essential" businesses for 15 days or so. I was kind of surprised the the physical medicine practice I'm going to was open today.

Don't quite understand the logic of the order though; medical massage therapy is a no go right now, but the Dr. over the physical therapy program was poking, prodding, checking range of motion and strength... actually lack of strength.
    The road and Capebuffalo like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

That was BEFORE the government mandate . I wasn't going to shut down gym simply for the heck of it . lots of gyms and businesses were shutting down before they had to because they were belly up anyways and simply used the 'corona' thing as an excuse to lay off all their employees and start their bankruptcies.
    I wasn't going to close unless I had to . thats what that statement meant .. just like no contractor should stop working with his hands and helping people unless he has to .
    We had businesses close because the owners were burnt out and needed a vacay.

My... Friend, (I guess I will call him that as he is a good man and I would do anything I could for him) is rich, very successful. He pointed this out...

The stupid ass liberals and democrats are at home.
    When this is over about 100,000 ceos are going to see how unimportant they are.

They will leech off the system like never before and it will be a good part of the shockwave to the economy.

Traffic accidents are going way down.
    Its because the shit fuck drivers that cant change a tire or check their oil are home.

Now its just mainly the real mfers out there.

I think we need to keep the liberals and democrats at home forever.
    They leech anyway. Might as well make them understand they are basically useless and let them stay home and work from their computer until the CEO realizes they can mostly be replaced with AI programs and two mfers on their feet that like kicking ass rather than just abiding.

I WONT QUARANTINE.

21 million fewer cell phone users in china now because they cant afford it. Their eco went to shit and minimum wage there was $3 an hour anyway

We are going to starve hundreds of thousands or millions to death around the globe to save 100k old farts too dumb to stay away from everyone.

But the limp wristed pussy logging into work from his computer wont feel it because guvment!

In the mean time imagine the poor countries...

Day of reckoning will come.

Businesses will restructure and nothing purges like a bare essential restructuring.

Can you imagine it?

About half the so called "workforce" grew up in a divorced home raised by their ma in the suburbs.

They Know nothing about anything real, mechanical, or essential. They dont know pain or hard times.
    They see politics as "my mom hated men and republicans because dad wouldnt take her bullshit and left.
    They shop for acouple days at a time.
    They think killing an animal or violence of any kind is below them.

THEY DEPEND ON THOSE THEY HATE TO SAVE THEIR PUSSY ASSES.

LMAO IT'S IRONIC AS FUCK

Proximal is offline Banned
    We're stopped off at work too, Cape. Waiting to hear what next week holds in store.

Governor McMaster put out an executive order yesterday closing ,"non-essential" businesses for 15 days or so. I was kind of surprised the the physical medicine practice I'm going to was open today.

Don't quite understand the logic of the order though; medical massage therapy is a no go right now, but the Dr. over the physical therapy program was poking, prodding, checking range of motion and strength... actually lack of strength.
    They finally prioritized PT at my wife’s outpatient practice last week. Only essential post surgery rehab. In patient stays the same but they don’t have enough safety garments. Really a goofy mess.

1400 NYPD infected, damn what happens when police and the fire dept. say f-it, why should we put our necks on the line for this?
    almostgone likes this.

BG
    You said even with a pandemic.......

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post

1400 NYPD infected, damn what happens when police and the fire dept. say f-it, why should we put our necks on the line for this?
    It’s so bad there. My friends are pd and in the hospitals, sending me crazy pictures and videos.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    If you love your gym, dont stop paying. Money would be gone anyway.
    For sure i will not ask for a membership payment stop at my gym. Atleast not for the first months.
    In my area, there are no good alternatives. I dont want to be some kind of a ustabile T-rex at the fitness centers.
    So i do my part.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more. If you love you gym, then keep supporting them if you can. I'm afraid you going to see some of them go out of business.

It’s so bad there. My friends are pd and in the hospitals, sending me crazy pictures and videos.
    Hate it for your friends, but I'm glad you and Mrs. BG are down here. Even if things suck right now, at least y'all aren't stuck in a hot zone like NYC.
    I have bad feeling that there will be some protests and activities/ things will get out of hand up there.
    Proximal, The road, BG and 1 others like this.

I think truly essential workers should be compensated more. Man, out here, the grocery clerks are thinking about not showing. I more than get it, why put your ass on the line? Got to give credit for those working and putting themselves at risk, despite how severe you feel those risks might be. I asked my wife to stop as she has about 30 years of vacation pay stored up. She still didn’t want to abandon her most needy patients (even if they weren’t post surgical).

Hate it for your friends, but I'm glad you and Mrs. BG are down here. Even if things suck right now, at least y'all aren't stuck in a hot zone like NYC.
    I have bad feeling that there will be some protests and activities/ things will get out of hand up there.
    JC. Just the crap that happened here after Rodney King as well. Folks get ugly.
    The road and almostgone like this.

Just found out I’m subcontracting for an essential company. Fuck yeah. Fuck the government. Fucking police state fucks.

Sorry. I have strong feelings about this bullshit epidemic.
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 04-01-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    The road and almostgone like this.

Just found out I’m subcontracting for an essential company. Fuck yeah. Fuck the government. Fucking police state fucks.

Sorry. I have strong feelings about this bullshit epidemic.
    Chalk up another death to the virus.
    VP of sales at friends wife's company killed himself because of the stress.

India is seeking donations already and they just started the largest lockdown ever.

It is already known that the virus will tear through the population because they have the worst hygiene on the planet.

But... More extreme poverty will die there than the world combined virus tolls.
    Nice reaction everyone.

Last depression was because of a stock market scare.
    This time its a compounding social scare.

Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Chalk up another death to the virus.
    VP of sales at friends wife's company killed himself because of the stress.
    I believe it.

I believe it.
    Sucks.
    She has to clean out his desk.
    Worked with him many years.

Too many guys are watching their retirment and jobs or contracts disappear.
    Most common hired folk are clueless still but the self employed and employees high up the ladder get the brunt of it .
    Glad you got work man.
    I pray it keeps coming to us.

Fall will be interesting.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

BG
    Yes sir thank you! Blessed out of there just in time.
    almostgone likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information