Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: He’s not a sheep

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabhuge14 View Post
    I thought you atheists were supposed to be tolerant and understanding. Since you clearly think I’m a brain dead idiot shouldn’t you be understanding of my pathetic iq instead of being critical of me?
    christians can be smart

atheists on the other hand can't see past their own asshole .

thats just an observation by the way. not an opinion even let alone a fact.

Wannabhuge14 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    I thought you atheists were supposed to be tolerant and understanding. Since you clearly think I’m a brain dead idiot shouldn’t you be understanding of my pathetic iq instead of being critical of me?
    Look man, judging by what has been exchanged in other threads about Covid, I wasn’t out to be hurtful to you.

I am in fact Christian and do believe in God.

I don’t feel anyone here is brain dead or pathetic.

Wannabhuge14 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Look man, judging by what has been exchanged in other threads about Covid, I wasn’t out to be hurtful to you.

I am in fact Christian and do believe in God.

I don’t feel anyone here is brain dead or pathetic.
    I apologize for making that assumption about you and I’m very happy to hear about your faith. Just by the things you were saying lead me to believe you are a non believer. I’ve heard very similar things from very devout atheists.

As far as covid I really think things have gotten outta hand and we are being lead to believe its far more dangerous than it really is. My opinion is that it’s a ploy to tank the economy so the 1% can get richer while everyone else struggles to get by. This is my opinion and I may be so far off from the truth. Lots of other think differently and that’s ok. The first amendment allows us to do just that.

No hard feelings, proximal
    Proximal likes this.

There is only on true religion and that’s Christianity. In our country we have the right to follow our religion of choice but and I agree with that but it doesn’t mean I agree with other religions. There are no inaccuracies in the Bible as there are in other religious books. I take it you’re an atheist and that’s your choice but the fine tuning of the earth and the existence of humans and all other species tells me that an intelligent being created it all. The Big Bang contradicts basic scientific laws. Maybe you should take a step back and reevaluate your perspective on things because gh is pretty much spot on. The whole covid 19 thing is nothing past corruption and the deaths have been falsely reported. You have to dig for that stuff because that’s not the agenda of the mainstream media. Good luck to you
    Just curious....

You say why you believe in an intellegent creator...
    but how do you come to believe that your Christian god is the creator?

Just curious why you think the Christians are right but other religions are wrong.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 05-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    HORSE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    christians can be smart

atheists on the other hand can't see past their own asshole .

thats just an observation by the way. not an opinion even let alone a fact.

Just a simple observation from my asshole but when this guy talks about his trinity of trinities he gets it all wrong. (Or at least two of the three...)

He talks about time, space, and matter. (one trinity)
    he then states that time is past, present, and future. (the first trinty of trinities)
    he then states that space is height, width, and length. (the second trinity of trinities)
    he then states that matter is solid, liquid, or gas. (the third trinity of trinities)

I will leave the time thing alone. (that is a very long complictaed debate....)
    Space however has more than three dimensions. (ask any physicist...)
    And matter has more than three states. (the correct answer I believe is five. https://www.livescience.com/46506-states-of-matter.html)

Just a random observation.
    HORSE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Just curious....

You say why you believe in an intellegent creator...
    but how do you come to believe that your Christian god is the creator.

Just curious why you think the Christians are right but other religions are wrong.
    Very good questions, sir. I believe that the Christian God created the heavens and the earth as stated in Genesis 1:1. Many argue about the Big Bang being the cause of creation when basic science tells us something cannot be created from nothing. Modern scientists agree that time, space, and gravity cake into existence at the same time and are not eternal. We also know the earth is constantly losing energy and winding down and if it’s not eternal then something or someone had to set these things into motion. I believe in micro evolution but not macro evolution. I believe that species can evolve and change within themselves but not evolve into a totally different species. When genes randomly mutate sure we get new things...cancer and other negative things but nothing good comes of it. Everything is so finely tuned on earth for us as humans to survive that it’s just not coincidental. Behind every painting is an artist behind every sculpture is a sculptor. To believe we are here by total randomness is not believable to me. So if Genesis 1:1 is true then why should anything else not be true? One of the Ten Commandments is thou shalt have no other gods before me. Sure there are other gods by my faith resides with the God of the Bible. I understand others may not believe this way and consider me simple minded but I’m ok with that. I’m also not the best written or organized person so forgive me if I’m all over the place. Hopefully this gives you somewhat of an idea deadlifting dog. I appreciate you asking your questions respectfully

Just a simple observation from my asshole but when this guy talks about his trinity of trinities he gets it all wrong. (Or at least two of the three...)

he then states that time is past, present, and future. (the first trinty of trinities)
    he then states that space is height, width, and length. (the second trinity of trinities)
    he then states that matter is solid, liquid, or gas. (the third trinity of trinities)

And matter has more than three states. (the correct answer I believe is five. https://www.livescience.com/46506-states-of-matter.html)

I would advise watching a Christian apologist by the name of frank turek. He makes a lot of sense to me. You may find it interesting

I appreciate you asking your questions respectfully
    And I appreciate your honesty.

I know I can come across as rude or nitpicky or an asshole but I truly don't care what people believe. (as long as it is within reason... like you can't belive your god wants to kill me... that would upset me.)
    If you want to believe in god then so be it.

What I do care about is when people outright lie or try to force their beliefs on others.

I believe America was founded with the intentions of letting people worship as they please.
    However, I feel like too often people take their religious beliefs and try to force it on the nation as a whole.
    HORSE likes this.

And I appreciate your honesty.

I know I can come across as rude or nitpicky or an asshole but I truly don't care what people believe. (as long as it is within reason... like you can't belive your god wants to kill me... that would upset me.)
    If you want to believe in god then so be it.

What I do care about is when people outright lie or try to force their beliefs on others.

I believe America was founded with the intentions of letting people worship as they please.
    However, I feel like too often people take their religious beliefs and try to force it on the nation as a whole.
    I think we have found common ground. I have had a hard time realozing that not all atheists are out to persecute me for my beliefs. The reason being is I dated an atheist for many years and the more I cane to believe the more she hated that about me. She constantly made it a point to put me down and let me know I was less intelligent for my beliefs. That’s what drove me to finding Christian apologetics I have a scientific base for my beliefs and also a spiritual one. The spiritual basis doesn’t get you far with a science driven atheist lol. I come off as very defensive about the topic until I’m shown there is no I’ll will towards me for my beliefs.

I like that you actually took the time to think about it...

I hate religious bigotry .. and freedom of religion is simply the peace in ones own mind.

the fact that you think about these things, no matter the religion itself is a good thing brother

I apologize for making that assumption about you and I’m very happy to hear about your faith. Just by the things you were saying lead me to believe you are a non believer. I’ve heard very similar things from very devout atheists.

As far as covid I really think things have gotten outta hand and we are being lead to believe its far more dangerous than it really is. My opinion is that it’s a ploy to tank the economy so the 1% can get richer while everyone else struggles to get by. This is my opinion and I may be so far off from the truth. Lots of other think differently and that’s ok. The first amendment allows us to do just that.

No hard feelings, proximal
    TY for your words and absolutely no hard feelings at all. We a should have a right to express them, by all means.

My impression of our members here is that we care and care about each other, which means we have compassion. It’s just difficult when that compassion extends into our views on delicate issues like these. These have been really trying times for all of us here, emotions are running hot.

I think the fact that we all can take a step back & acknowledge that we might have said the wrong thing to one another speaks very highly of us.

If I offended you, my apologies as well. It was a dumb pic and a disrespectful response to your post.

I like that you actually took the time to think about it...

I hate religious bigotry .. and freedom of religion is simply the peace in ones own mind.

the fact that you think about these things, no matter the religion itself is a good thing brother
    GH, are you familiar with the term back handed compliment?
    HORSE likes this.

GH, are you familiar with the term back handed compliment?

you know me brother of course you know I'm familiar with a back handed compliment, a font handed one ,, and one right back at you to the back of your head that you didn't see coming .
    its all good

you know me brother of course you know I'm familiar with a back handed compliment, a font handed one ,, and one right back at you to the back of your head that you didn't see coming .
    its all good
    Lol GH. From you, things are getting very predictable, so yeah, saw more of your bs coming. But, no pics of your guns this time; good for you.

Lol GH. From you, things are getting very predictable, so yeah, saw more of your bs coming. But, no pics of your guns this time; good for you.
    Oh, this is for admin. This is bs between 2 dudes. I’m drinking, can’t speak for Viking boy.

Oh, this is for admin. This is bs between 2 dudes. I’m drinking, can’t speak for Viking boy.

just a quick correction if you don't mind ..

Oh, this is for admin. This is bs between 2 dudes. I’m drinking, can’t speak for the Viking GOD

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The common thing between religion and Covid is that they are all based on personal preferences.

When it comes to personal preference no one is right and no one is wrong. I share GH’s thoughts on Covid for the most part, but I also understand the beliefs of others. If my father gets covid, he is a goner with his lungs. Same thing with the flu and pneumonia. He does not leave because of the fear of getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t dare call myself a God. There is one God in my opinion, and it ain’t me. I don’t even joke like that because I don’t want to answer to that blasphemous comment in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    The common thing between religion and Covid is that they are all based on personal preferences.

When it comes to personal preference no one is right and no one is wrong. I share GH’s thoughts on Covid for the most part, but I also understand the beliefs of others. If my father gets covid, he is a goner with his lungs. Same thing with the flu and pneumonia. He does not leave because of the fear of getting it.

Wow, you are so cavalier with your father’s life, he must be so proud.

4 bottles a wine ? what is that pussy shit , grape juice ... try straight whisky all day long and 'god' up
    Attachment 178975

but still look ok
    Attachment 178976
    despite being able to drink a bottle of whisky every day ...

what the heck is this stuff you call "wine" ?

the gods no nothing of it.. they drink whisky ... wine is for weak christians and priests that use is in a very tiny cup for a sacrament ..

love you brother , just messing with you
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 05-26-2020 at 10:04 PM.

I wouldn’t dare call myself a God. There is one God in my opinion, and it ain’t me. I don’t even joke like that because I don’t want to answer to that blasphemous comment in the afterlife.
    words of Jesus
    Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’ d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
    John 10

if GOD himself refers to certain mighty warriors as gods.. why is it blasphemy?

there are many gods brother..

if you picked up the Bible and read it straight through 100 times over, this idea would be second nature to you

Wine? Didn’t Christ do something with that? You would know, I’m sure, as you’ve read the Bible more than a few times.

I’m well off, but not frivolous. My whiskey is too expensive to drink every night.

Yeah, peace brother, but lay off the insults. I’m a good 20 years older than you & from a different time & place. Nothing has been given to me, I’ve sweat and worked for it all, yet never condemned another man. That’s me.
    GearHeaded likes this.

words of Jesus
    Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’ d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
    John 10

if GOD himself refers to certain mighty warriors as gods.. why is it blasphemy?

there are many gods brother..

if you picked up the Bible and read it straight through 100 times over, this idea would be second nature to you
    There is GOD. Have a great evening, its time for bed. tomorrow brings more discussion.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Wow, you are so cavalier with your father’s life, he must be so proud.
    He himself says the same thing. Judging now are we???
    It’s a reality. He knows it, I know it, and the Dr’s know it.

Capebuffalo likes this.

He’s not a sheep

If the face covering works, then why do we need to distance ourselves. If they don’t work, then why do I need to wear one.
    Why in NY do they allow you to congregate on the beach 6’ apart and no swimming, but in Cali just the opposite. No stopping on the beach but able to swim.
    Maybe because we have no clue!!!

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

He’s not a sheep

not being able to buy food to put on the table for your family, with your own hard earned money.. just cause your not wanting to wear stupid ass mask is bullshit.

Costco should be ashamed of itself and that manager fired
    I don’t know about by you, but we could always use our hard earned money here to buy food throughout The whole pandemic. Our food stores all stayed open. Most restaurants stayed open for pickup and delivery. My fridge and chest freezer stayed full the whole time. We got meals delivered often. We had no problem getting food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 05-27-2020 at 12:12 AM.

He himself says the same thing. Judging now are we???
    It’s a reality. He knows it, I know it, and the Dr’s know it.

Had you stated it like that earlier then I wouldn’t have commented.

If the face covering works, then why do we need to distance ourselves. If they don’t work, then why do I need to wear one.
    Why in NY do they allow you to congregate on the beach 6’ apart and no swimming, but in Cali just the opposite. No stopping on the beach but able to swim.

Your last sentence almost answered your question at least for you. If you don’t have a clue, don’t make claims or state opinions.
    HORSE likes this.

the face coverings help, but they are not 100% effective.... thus we also should social distance.
    In NY beaches they want us to keep 6' apart because that is social distancing. It helps to slow the spread.
    The no swimming thing is to keep lifeguards safer so they don't have to rescue a drowning person (an act that requires close contact....)
    Cali has different rules for their beaches.
    Different states make different rules as they see fit.
    Perhaps since it is warmer in Cali they don't want people to stop because it would be so crowded that social distancing would be impossible.
    Here in the Northeast it is still not good beach weather.

the face coverings help, but they are not 100% effective.... thus we also should social distance.
    In NY beaches they want us to keep 6' apart because that is social distancing. It helps to slow the spread.
    The no swimming thing is to keep lifeguards safer so they don't have to rescue a drowning person (an act that requires close contact....)
    Cali has different rules for their beaches.
    Different states make different rules as they see fit.
    Perhaps since it is warmer in Cali they don't want people to stop because it would be so crowded that social distancing would be impossible.
    Here in the Northeast it is still not good beach weather.
    I know the “reasons” why they are doing all of this. My main point is we really don’t know how to combat it so each state has its “opinion” as to the solution and how they get out of “this”. Still not sure what “this” is , nor do I think that anyone else does either.

Oops there I go beating the dead horse.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    There are no inaccuracies in the Bible as there are in other religious books.
    Funniest thing I read today.

1. Which Bible interpretation would contain no inaccuracies?
    2. The Bible is a historical text-based upon human interaction with the divine for many parts. How they interpreted their divine interactions might vary to a large degree I would think or?

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

2. The Bible is a historical text-based upon human interaction with the divine for many parts. How they interpreted their divine interactions might vary to a large degree I would think or?
    the doctrines originally taught within the scriptures are without error and perfect .. however, yes you are right. the interpretations of man and translations of man, and understands of man can definitely have error.

here is a perfect example..

christians will use this verse of the Bible..
    who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
    phillipians 3:21

and think they all, each individually are going to be "resurrected" from the dirt. corpses coming to life, etc..

the translation is in error and so the doctrine being taught can me misconstrued..

when you go and study the original greek. you will see that the greek word for "bodies" is not the word for "bodies" (meaning many , plural).. but it is literally "the Body" meaning ONE (not many)..
    its a singular one body that is transformed.
    its simply a transformation of one "corporate" body of people from one form to another form.. not a bunch of dead bodies flying out of the grave.
    its the transformation from 1st century christianity and judaism (they were both one in the early days) and the TEMPLE systems and the sacrificial system and the law of Moses etc.. to that system being totally destroyed, and the temple burned down to the ground by fire (the day of the Lord, Armageddon, the end times, etc..) (death and judgment) to the resurrection of that "one body" to a new way of thinking, a 'new people' a new way of spiritual life through the sacrament and prayer (not through the temple and animal sacrifice).
    ^ thats the resurrection of the ONE BODY . the transformation of the people.

but people, through various translation which are in error, and their own personal thoughts,, create errors.
    thats why you come up with whacky theories that entire dominations of Christians hold to , like the idea of a bunch of (millions of) dead corpses coming out of the ground physically in some so called resurrection.
    or you come up with wonky "Left Behind" book series and Hollywood movie where christians believe in a "rapture" and they are going to fly away to heaven one day just before the end of the world.

^ this is how there are errors. its not an error in the original words spoken and the doctrines originally taught .. the errors come from wrong thinking and wrong translations and wrong understandings of the religion as a whole in its pure form .
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 05-27-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Wannabhuge14 likes this.

Should I read your post in an Indian accent or?

double post

Examples of Old Testament Contradictions
    The contradictions start in the opening chapters of the Bible, where inconsistent creation stories are told. Genesis chapter 1 says the first man and woman were made at the same time, and after the animals. But Genesis chapter 2 gives a different order of creation: man, then the animals, and then woman.

Genesis chapter 1 lists six days of creation, whereas chapter 2 refers to the “day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.” Genesis 1:2-3 claims that God created light and divided it from darkness on the first day; but Genesis 1:14-19 tells us the sun, moon, and stars weren’t made until the fourth day.

Chapter 1 reports that the fruit trees were created before the man, while chapter 2 indicates they were made after him. Genesis 1:20 says the fowl were created out of the waters; Genesis 2:19 alleges they were formed from the ground.

Contradictions are also seen in the biblical story of a worldwide flood. According to Genesis 6:19-22, God ordered Noah to bring “of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort . . . into the ark.” Nevertheless, Genesis 7:2-3 relates that the Lord ordered Noah to take into the ark the clean beasts and the birds by sevens, and only the unclean beasts by twos.

Genesis 8:4 reports that, as the waters of the flood receded, Noah’s ark rested on the mountains of Ararat in the seventh month. The very next verse, however, says the mountaintops could not be seen until the tenth month.

Genesis 8:13 describes the earth as being dry on the first day of the first month. But Genesis 8:14 informs us the earth was not dry until the twenty-seventh day of the second month.

The Old Testament contains an interesting contradiction in the story of the census taken by King David and the resulting punishment of the Israelites. God was so angered by the census that he sent a plague that killed 70,000 men. According to II Samuel 24:1, the Lord had caused David to take the census – which makes the punishment appear even more nonsensical. But an attempt was later made, at I Chronicles 21:1, to improve God’s image by claiming that Satan incited the census.

Further, the Old Testament is contradictory as to whether the Lord commanded the Israelites to sacrifice animals to him. At Jeremiah 7:22, God denies he ever gave the Israelites commandments about animal sacrifices. In contrast, Exodus 29:38-42 and many other verses depict God as requiring the Israelites to offer animal sacrifices.

Examples of New Testament Contradictions
    In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke.

Both genealogies begin with Jesus’ father, who is identified as Joseph (which is curious, given that Mary was supposedly impregnated by the Holy Ghost). But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

The story of Jesus’ birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts.

But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem “to present him to the Lord,” and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” John 19:30 alleges the last words were, “It is finished.”

There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the risen Jesus when he first appeared to her.[10]

As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn’t hear the voice speaking to Paul.

The foregoing examples are just a few of the hundreds of contradictions contained in the Old and New Testaments. Each contradiction is an instance where at least one of the verses is wrong. Thus, hundreds of contradictions mean there are at least hundreds of incorrect statements in the Bible.

https://americanhumanist.org/what-is...-reject-bible/

NOTE: I am not claiming to be a Humanist

I am simply saying that their are many contradictions or problems with the bible.
    C27H40O3 likes this.

when you go and study the original greek.
    I'll bet you a dollar that the old testament, the Torah if you will, was in Hebrew not Greek.

Any books that were in the Old Testament and not in the Torah may have been written in Greek but the vast majority of the Old Testament comes directly from the Torah which was in Hebrew.

^ this is how there are errors. its not an error in the original words spoken and the doctrines originally taught .. the errors come from wrong thinking and wrong translations and wrong understandings of the religion as a whole in its pure form .
    So... the written Bible IS full of errors.

We just have to take your word that the original story told long long ago was accurate.

I don't have enough "faith" if you will to believe in something just because someone says so.

I'm guessing you yourself have never actually read those verses or studied or thought about them much yourself .. your likely just copying and pasting some shit (perhaps I'm wrong)

but I can say, having read the Bible straight though 100+ times. studying the greek and the Hebrew in seminary. getting technically and "deep". (when I read I prefer greek or greek literal in its original format)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	178978
    THAT you probably see contradictions because you miss the true spiritual intent of the scriptures.. your reading it like a novel or a text book , it is not.

your missing things. your missing the intent and the context of the spirits work through the author and who the author was writing to.

examples - Moses was NOT writing a technical text book account of creation story in Genesis.. he was combining multiples stories throughout history. its not a contradiction when you merger two stories together to make a spiritual point.
    if I quote from the book of Islam then quote from the Hebrew Scriptures , am I in contradiction because those religions are separate and separated by 1000s of years of time... no. because I'm not making a "technical" point but a spiritual one.
    thats what Moses was doing in genesis. its not a contradiction. its a spiritual point combining all creation accounts, to show his people, the Jews (the faithful) that they are a part of creation, that they are THE descendants of Adam, the one created as the image of God. and the ones who would bring fourth the birth of God himself as man.
    Moses was not writing to the masses of 'homosapiens' and mere earth dwellers.. he was writing to HIS people, the descendants of Adam made in the image of God.
    thats the context. when you see the spiritual side of things you'll see there is not a contradiction, its a combination of points made specifically to the intended audience..

same with Luke and Matthew ..
    its as simple as realizing that Luke is writing primarily to a pagan and gentile audience, where as Matthew is writing to a devout Jewish audience.
    so their words are going to look different because their audience is so much different (worlds apart).

here is an example.
    when Matthew quotes the words of Jesus here.
    ""“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
    Matthew 24:15

he uses the Hebrew language and spiritual understanding the jews have, because thats his audience.. they know exactly what the abomination of desolation is. its in there mind and has been for decades.

BUT
    when Luke quotes Jesus' same words from the same sermon on the mount he says this..

"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains"
    Luke 21

is that a contradiction ? NO..
    Luke is simply explaining things in a way that is more direct because his audience is mainly uneducated gentiles who would have no idea the concept from Hebrew tradition what "abomination of desolation" means .

anyhow. I could go on.. I could break down every contradiction you post . but unless you understand the spiritual side of what scripture is and how it works you will always see contradictions. .

on a side note -
    keep in mind that the Bible is simply a spiritual book and a book of history , of ONE people.. the Hebrews/jews . thats it. from genesis to revelation, its simply describing the history of the Jews from day one to dooms day and the day of resurrection/armegeddon, at the end of times (that day has already come)
    it all was complete and fulfilled by 70ad.
    nearly 2000 years ago... its a history book of one people and how that people through their christ changed the whole world and brought one religion and salvation to all different types and nations of people.
    its a history book and spiritual book.. in regards to prophecy its all already fulfilled ... its not a book of "magic''
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 05-27-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Examples of Old Testament Contradictions
    The contradictions start in the opening chapters of the Bible, where inconsistent creation stories are told. Genesis chapter 1 says the first man and woman were made at the same time, and after the animals. But Genesis chapter 2 gives a different order of creation: man, then the animals, and then woman.

Genesis chapter 1 lists six days of creation, whereas chapter 2 refers to the “day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.” Genesis 1:2-3 claims that God created light and divided it from darkness on the first day; but Genesis 1:14-19 tells us the sun, moon, and stars weren’t made until the fourth day.

Chapter 1 reports that the fruit trees were created before the man, while chapter 2 indicates they were made after him. Genesis 1:20 says the fowl were created out of the waters; Genesis 2:19 alleges they were formed from the ground.

Contradictions are also seen in the biblical story of a worldwide flood. According to Genesis 6:19-22, God ordered Noah to bring “of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort . . . into the ark.” Nevertheless, Genesis 7:2-3 relates that the Lord ordered Noah to take into the ark the clean beasts and the birds by sevens, and only the unclean beasts by twos.

Genesis 8:4 reports that, as the waters of the flood receded, Noah’s ark rested on the mountains of Ararat in the seventh month. The very next verse, however, says the mountaintops could not be seen until the tenth month.

Genesis 8:13 describes the earth as being dry on the first day of the first month. But Genesis 8:14 informs us the earth was not dry until the twenty-seventh day of the second month.

The Old Testament contains an interesting contradiction in the story of the census taken by King David and the resulting punishment of the Israelites. God was so angered by the census that he sent a plague that killed 70,000 men. According to II Samuel 24:1, the Lord had caused David to take the census – which makes the punishment appear even more nonsensical. But an attempt was later made, at I Chronicles 21:1, to improve God’s image by claiming that Satan incited the census.

Further, the Old Testament is contradictory as to whether the Lord commanded the Israelites to sacrifice animals to him. At Jeremiah 7:22, God denies he ever gave the Israelites commandments about animal sacrifices. In contrast, Exodus 29:38-42 and many other verses depict God as requiring the Israelites to offer animal sacrifices.

Examples of New Testament Contradictions
    In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke.

Both genealogies begin with Jesus’ father, who is identified as Joseph (which is curious, given that Mary was supposedly impregnated by the Holy Ghost). But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

The story of Jesus’ birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts.

But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem “to present him to the Lord,” and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” John 19:30 alleges the last words were, “It is finished.”

There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the risen Jesus when he first appeared to her.[10]

As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn’t hear the voice speaking to Paul.

The foregoing examples are just a few of the hundreds of contradictions contained in the Old and New Testaments. Each contradiction is an instance where at least one of the verses is wrong. Thus, hundreds of contradictions mean there are at least hundreds of incorrect statements in the Bible.

https://americanhumanist.org/what-is...-reject-bible/

NOTE: I am not claiming to be a Humanist

I am simply saying that their are many contradictions or problems with the bible.
    TY DD. It’s why I never put my faith in a book or an organized religion. I put my faith in God.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Should I read your post in an Indian accent or?
    Considering I'm from Upstate NY but been living overseas in different parts of the world (India being the last one) I would guess that is your prerogative but good to know where you are at as a human being.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information