Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
Not true. Boycotts do hit them in the wallet. The civil rights movement always used boycotts successfully. Even when they had no buying power. You ever hear of the Montgomery bus boycott? The lunch counter boycotts? Boycotts led to the formation of the united farm workers union. All the way up to the boycotts of the modern times, have you heard of South Africa? How about the boycotts of the states that USED TO fly the confederate flag up until that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured you’d bring that up. Remember, that only worked in one specific city due to that transit system relying primarily on a black customer base. King never had to try it anywhere else, because most city bussing systems changed that particular rule out of fear of something similar happening.
Now, ask yourself this: what about our current modern system has a primarily black consumer base? Any of them of any consequence? Are they even the primary tax payer base for anywhere in particular? Get back to me, I’ll wait. If you’ve got something, I’m genuinely willing to listen.
The problem isn’t so much that the population as a whole has racist tendencies anymore; it’s that our leadership still panders to those that do. Remember, old people vote, and until the Boomers are all gone, they’re still the primary voter base.