Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 139
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What's ur fav lifting music?

  1. #41
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    you mean politicians talk about the new laws they intend to force on us peasants?

    i suppose that would make sense, theyre more gangster than most rappers are anyway.
    No. I mean the band Parliament, that all those gangsta rappers had to talk over on their shitty rap albums.


  2. #42
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    you mean politicians talk about the new laws they intend to force on us peasants?

    i suppose that would make sense, theyre more gangster than most rappers are anyway.
    Or you could listen to the song Coolio ruined by talking over:


  3. #43
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Slipknot & Pantera are the standard go-to. If I can hear anyone or anything over that, shut the f up. Regarding the rap post above, if it’s fused with metal like Ice T’s Body Count, hell yeah. Oh yeah, Hell Yeah as well (RIP Vinny)
    hell yea, i love pantera. ive been listening to them for 30 years, suicide note pt 2 sounds just as good now as it did in 1996

    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    No. I mean the band Parliament, that all those gangsta rappers had to talk over on their shitty rap albums.
    yea, that makes sense. i do like 70s funk. as you pointed out, alot of the more modern rappers used older beats from that era of music.

    Last edited by JTP$; 06-08-2023 at 08:33 PM.

  4. #44
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    one of my favorite styles of music, slowed gangster rap.

    wango likes this.

  5. #45
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    one of my favorite styles of music, slowed gangster rap.

    Lol, that is SLOW. Reminds me of the 90’s sludge (not grunge) band “The Melvins” a bit with that tempo.

  6. #46
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Lol, that is SLOW. Reminds me of the 90’s sludge (not grunge) band “The Melvins” a bit with that tempo.
    ive heard of the melvins, but i cant recall what their music sounds like. youtube can help with that though.

    as for slowed gangster rap, its a style that originated in texas, they call it screwed music. ive found that certain songs sound much better slow while others do not but it doesnt have to only apply to rap. the song hey joe by jimi hendrix sounds good slowed down too
    wango likes this.

  7. #47
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225

  8. #48
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    This should get you in a lifting mood

    Exhumed - Limb from Limb:

    almostgone likes this.

  9. #49
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    .....err....ahem.


    Last edited by almostgone; 06-15-2023 at 01:07 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  10. #50
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Lots of good tunes in the thread below:

    https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ml#post7592543
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-15-2023 at 01:32 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  11. #51
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    ive heard of the melvins, but i cant recall what their music sounds like. youtube can help with that though.

    as for slowed gangster rap, its a style that originated in texas, they call it screwed music. ive found that certain songs sound much better slow while others do not but it doesnt have to only apply to rap. the song hey joe by jimi hendrix sounds good slowed down too

    Lol, “Hey Joe”. Damn I listened to a lot of Hendrix in the early to mid 70’s. Here’s an interesting cover by a band that I tend to do my cardio & stretching to . . . .




  12. #52
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Lol, “Hey Joe”. Damn I listened to a lot of Hendrix in the early to mid 70’s. Here’s an interesting cover by a band that I tend to do my cardio & stretching to . . . .



    [video=youtube;d2RMmh3DlXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2RMmh3DlXQ&list=RDd2RMmh3DlXQ&start_radio =1[video]
    hell yea, im familiar with that song. type o negative is awesome, ive actually been listening to them alot lately.

    wango likes this.

  13. #53
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Ok here's some obvious training music that I'm surprised nobody posted:


  14. #54
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Ok here's some obvious training music that I'm surprised nobody posted:
    ]
    Well damn, if you’re going Survivor workout tunes, then “go for it”. Yo Adrian!


  15. #55
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Well damn, if you’re going Survivor workout tunes, then “go for it”. Yo Adrian!
    Ok Here goes:

  16. #56
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Ok Here goes:
    Hell yeah, a true legend. I recall him getting charged for assaulting UCLA’s strength coach with a kettle bell. Something about Diddy’s kid I think? Gotta admire a father’s love for his kid’s athletic career, lol.

    Nah, not for me; gotta match that “rap” shit up with metal for lifting and activating those fast twitch muscle fibers.

  17. #57
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Hell yeah, a true legend. I recall him getting charged for assaulting UCLA’s strength coach with a kettle bell. Something about Diddy’s kid I think? Gotta admire a father’s love for his kid’s athletic career, lol.

    Nah, not for me; gotta match that “rap” shit up with metal for lifting and activating those fast twitch muscle fibers.
    I never heard of Puff Daddy getting charged for assaulting UCLA's strength coach. HAHAHAHA

    I hate rap, but I didn't want to just post that Bill Conti tune.

  18. #58
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Is it Ozzy? Is it The Cure?

  19. #59
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I never heard of Puff Daddy getting charged for assaulting UCLA's strength coach. HAHAHAHA

    I hate rap, but I didn't want to just post that Bill Conti tune.
    Yup, not too long ago; it happened. Shit, it’s local and was in the papers & news.

    Hey, you posted Survivor

    Here ya go, music worth working out to . . .


    JTP$ likes this.

  20. #60
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    If you're in the mood for some Michael Jackson before you lift heavy. This was a cover of a track of his on the Dangerous album. Jeff Scott Soto is on vocals here:


  21. #61
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Yup, not too long ago; it happened. Shit, it’s local and was in the papers & news.

    Hey, you posted Survivor

    Here ya go, music worth working out to . . .


    I forgot how much I hated Onyx.

  22. #62
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Shakira - Nothing Else Matters (Rock in Rio)


  23. #63
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Damn. You be busting out some Michael Jackson AND Shakira!?!

    I’m thinking your workouts ain’t like mine. I’ll stick with the metal thread that I’ve been posting on forever, that was referenced above.

    Shakira, P-Diddy, Michael Jackson?!?

    SO happy I had headphones.

  24. #64
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Yup, not too long ago; it happened. Shit, it’s local and was in the papers & news.

    Hey, you posted Survivor

    Here ya go, music worth working out to . . .


    [video=youtube;ZYfwoWM2uCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfwoWM2uCc&pp=ygUiYmlvaGF6YXJkIGFuZCBvbnl 4IGp1ZGdlbWVudCBuaWd odA%3D%3D[video]
    biohazard is something ive been listening to for a long time, they have dedication to making music that actually is meaningful to them rather than produce garbage that the industry pushes. they are a rare combination of rap and metal

    wango likes this.

  25. #65
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,942
    All the big gyms I ever went to had really weak music. Bob Marley would have been a step above in energy. I remember literally getting pissed and saying out loud, halfway through a set, "wtf is this shit!?" lmao.

  26. #66
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    biohazard is something ive been listening to for a long time, they have dedication to making music that actually is meaningful to them rather than produce garbage that the industry pushes. they are a rare combination of rap and metal

    Dig them. A 93 movie called “Judgement Night” had one of my favorite sound tracks ever. Various well known hardcore bands matched up with various rap groups. Phenomenal! I still have it on my iPod that is old as the movie, lol.

  27. #67
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Dig them. A 93 movie called “Judgement Night” had one of my favorite sound tracks ever. Various well known hardcore bands matched up with various rap groups. Phenomenal! I still have it on my iPod that is old as the movie, lol.
    ive heard of that movie but never seen it. il have to listen to the soundtrack though, i like that hardcore music, especially 90s era. that was back when music was more of an artistic expression rather than garbage the music industry pushed.

    heres some more biohazard though. they've been around a long time and their sound hasnt changed at all over the years.

    wango likes this.

  28. #68
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    ive heard of that movie but never seen it. il have to listen to the soundtrack though, i like that hardcore music, especially 90s era. that was back when music was more of an artistic expression rather than garbage the music industry pushed.
    From what I recall, the movie kinda sucked, but damn, that was 30 years ago, lol.

    You have great taste in tunes.

    Not trying to one-up you; just love the fusion of rap & hardcore . . . particularly when it comes to the gym. Don’t know about you, but I lift in an angry state of mind, always found it worked best for me.


  29. #69
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Damn. You be busting out some Michael Jackson AND Shakira!?!

    I’m thinking your workouts ain’t like mine. I’ll stick with the metal thread that I’ve been posting on forever, that was referenced above.

    Shakira, P-Diddy, Michael Jackson?!?

    SO happy I had headphones.
    The only music I listen to while working out is the god awful shit they play at the gym. It's so loud, it overpowers my earbuds so I don't bother even trying. But I don't listen to puff daddy. The shakira thing was a pretty cool metallica cover. And the michael jackson song really doesn't sound like what you'd expect from him.

  30. #70
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    ]

    From what I recall, the movie kinda sucked, but damn, that was 30 years ago, lol.

    You have great taste in tunes.

    Not trying to one-up you; just love the fusion of rap & hardcore . . . particularly when it comes to the gym. Don’t know about you, but I lift in an angry state of mind, always found it worked best for me.

    [video=youtube;GuVZqUIazFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVZqUIazFM&pp=ygUdanVkZ2VtZW50IG5pZ2h0IGR pc29yZGVyIHNvbmc%3D[video]
    yea, time flys man. and i agree, lifting with aggression helps. angry music helps with that. i like that slayer too, that was another band i listened to alot back in the day.



    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The only music I listen to while working out is the god awful shit they play at the gym. It's so loud, it overpowers my earbuds so I don't bother even trying. But I don't listen to puff daddy. The shakira thing was a pretty cool metallica cover. And the michael jackson song really doesn't sound like what you'd expect from him.
    gym music is typically bad, i guess they dont want to offend people with something good like pantera. puff daddy is garbage too

  31. #71
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    [QUOTE=JTP$;7594156

    gym music is typically bad, i guess they dont want to offend people with something good like pantera. puff daddy is garbage too[/QUOTE]

    There's this fvuking rap song that they play at the gym literally every time I'm there that has some retard that sounds like he's reading off a piece a paper saying "I'm looking for a good time not a long time..." It gets stuck in my head all the time and drives me nuts. And it's so loud too. I fvuking hate rap.

    I'd actually prefer if they got rid of the music. To me a gym is supposed to have the sounds of weights clanking and people grunting. In fact, if I was running the gym, I'd only allow chit chat in the area by the front door. Once you go past the front desk, no unnecessary talking.

  32. #72
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    There's this fvuking rap song that they play at the gym literally every time I'm there that has some retard that sounds like he's reading off a piece a paper saying "I'm looking for a good time not a long time..." It gets stuck in my head all the time and drives me nuts. And it's so loud too. I fvuking hate rap.

    I'd actually prefer if they got rid of the music. To me a gym is supposed to have the sounds of weights clanking and people grunting. In fact, if I was running the gym, I'd only allow chit chat in the area by the front door. Once you go past the front desk, no unnecessary talking.
    im not familiar with that song, but if its anything modern then that would be the reason why. in the past music was actually art, but over the years the music industry has forced their agenda by only promoting musicians who are good purveyors of bullshit. 70s, and 90s music was the best, although some good music came out in the 80s i dont really care for most of it.

    and id rather they play no music than trash music, i'll just bring my mp3 player and listen to what i want to listen to. but ive been lifting at home for a long time now, and i prefer it that way.

  33. #73
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    im not familiar with that song, but if its anything modern then that would be the reason why. in the past music was actually art, but over the years the music industry has forced their agenda by only promoting musicians who are good purveyors of bullshit. 70s, and 90s music was the best, although some good music came out in the 80s i dont really care for most of it.

    and id rather they play no music than trash music, i'll just bring my mp3 player and listen to what i want to listen to. but ive been lifting at home for a long time now, and i prefer it that way.
    I don't know. Some of the best music is being made today. Of course it's not in the mainstream. But if you look at what the mainstream was putting out even back in the 70's 60's and 50's, most of it was garbage.


    I mean go listen one of Opeth's last few albums or go look at Porcupine Tree, Soen, Sons of Apollo, etc etc. In fact because of the fact that quality recording equipment has become very affordable and that the internet has given a direct pathway from the artists to the listeners, There's more stuff being made than ever before.

  34. #74
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The only music I listen to while working out is the god awful shit they play at the gym. It's so loud, it overpowers my earbuds so I don't bother even trying. But I don't listen to puff daddy. The shakira thing was a pretty cool metallica cover. And the michael jackson song really doesn't sound like what you'd expect from him.
    That’s why there were headphones & now ear buds. If you really do listen to bands like Pantera, then if you listen to it loud the way it’s intended to be listened to that will drown out any background bullshit.

    I’ve been doing it since the first walk-men, portable cassette players came out. Problem is, your hearing will start to suffer. Mine has, but it was worth it & just another part of the sacrifice.

  35. #75
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    That’s why there were headphones & now ear buds. If you really do listen to bands like Pantera, then if you listen to it loud the way it’s intended to be listened to that will drown out any background bullshit.

    I’ve been doing it since the first walk-men, portable cassette players came out. Problem is, your hearing will start to suffer. Mine has, but it was worth it & just another part of the sacrifice.
    I heard this before and I don't know if it's true or not. But every time you listen to something so loud you hear a really high-pitch ringing in your ears afterwards. That is the last time you're ever going to hear that specific pitch. It seem plausible to me, but I don't know.

  36. #76
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I don't know. Some of the best music is being made today. Of course it's not in the mainstream. But if you look at what the mainstream was putting out even back in the 70's 60's and 50's, most of it was garbage.


    I mean go listen one of Opeth's last few albums or go look at Porcupine Tree, Soen, Sons of Apollo, etc etc. In fact because of the fact that quality recording equipment has become very affordable and that the internet has given a direct pathway from the artists to the listeners, There's more stuff being made than ever before.
    This is true, good music is still being made currently, but like you said, its the underground scene where actual quality is being made. mainstream music is trash, especially now. i remember in the 90s when alot of the mainstream was actually good though.

    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    That’s why there were headphones & now ear buds. If you really do listen to bands like Pantera, then if you listen to it loud the way it’s intended to be listened to that will drown out any background bullshit.

    I’ve been doing it since the first walk-men, portable cassette players came out. Problem is, your hearing will start to suffer. Mine has, but it was worth it & just another part of the sacrifice.
    bro, i love listening to loud music, with headphones or in the car. i listen to music loud at home too, but i recently got reported to my HOA for noise complaints. damn snitches, if i was 20 years younger id aggressively doorbell ditch their house at 3 AM

    loud music is starting to affect my hearing though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I heard this before and I don't know if it's true or not. But every time you listen to something so loud you hear a really high-pitch ringing in your ears afterwards. That is the last time you're ever going to hear that specific pitch. It seem plausible to me, but I don't know.
    im no expert on this, but i heard that the ringing in your ears is the result of having lost one or several of the hairs in your inner ear which are used for detecting sound. the length of the hair would impact which frequencies that hair can detect, so it seems likely this is 100% true.

  37. #77
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    This is true, good music is still being made currently, but like you said, its the underground scene where actual quality is being made. mainstream music is trash, especially now. i remember in the 90s when alot of the mainstream was actually good though.



    bro, i love listening to loud music, with headphones or in the car. i listen to music loud at home too, but i recently got reported to my HOA for noise complaints. damn snitches, if i was 20 years younger id aggressively doorbell ditch their house at 3 AM

    loud music is starting to affect my hearing though.



    im no expert on this, but i heard that the ringing in your ears is the result of having lost one or several of the hairs in your inner ear which are used for detecting sound. the length of the hair would impact which frequencies that hair can detect, so it seems likely this is 100% true.
    My car was so well sound insulated plus the metal was so loud that I couldn’t hear fire engines. I almost collided twice at intersections. After the second time I habitually hit mute as I got near all intersections. Plus that trick kept me even better aware which is a necessity the way these nuts drive out here in Los Angeles.

    The eardrum moves to the frequency and volume/intensity of the sound waves that hit it. That vibrates the fluid in the inner ear to the same frequency and intensity. There are different hair cells for different pitches. Higher pitches have a higher frequency, problem is, those are the hair cells closet to the eardrum & start to get damaged more quickly. The lower frequency hair cells for more bass sounds are further away.

    Adults lose that higher frequency ability sooner.

    Damn, there were shows that I had ringing for a few days, that and the headphones?!? Still I would do the same thing all again. My wife is getting more annoyed these days because of how often I can’t hear what she says, lol.

  38. #78
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,009
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    This is true, good music is still being made currently, but like you said, its the underground scene where actual quality is being made. mainstream music is trash, especially now. i remember in the 90s when alot of the mainstream was actually good though.



    bro, i love listening to loud music, with headphones or in the car. i listen to music loud at home too, but i recently got reported to my HOA for noise complaints. damn snitches, if i was 20 years younger id aggressively doorbell ditch their house at 3 AM

    loud music is starting to affect my hearing though.



    im no expert on this, but i heard that the ringing in your ears is the result of having lost one or several of the hairs in your inner ear which are used for detecting sound. the length of the hair would impact which frequencies that hair can detect, so it seems likely this is 100% true.


    By like 1993, it was just one alternative group after another playing their basic 3-chord progressions and simple boxed pentatonic melodies (and one wasn't much different from the next). There were pretty cool thrash, death metal and black metal scenes around still, but it was most certainly not in the mainstream. I remember the "alternative" radio station KROQ in Pasadena CA having a promotion called "screw the crue" when Motley Crue was trying to put a comeback together as an attempt to foil it.

  39. #79
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    My car was so well sound insulated plus the metal was so loud that I couldn’t hear fire engines. I almost collided twice at intersections. After the second time I habitually hit mute as I got near all intersections. Plus that trick kept me even better aware which is a necessity the way these nuts drive out here in Los Angeles.

    The eardrum moves to the frequency and volume/intensity of the sound waves that hit it. That vibrates the fluid in the inner ear to the same frequency and intensity. There are different hair cells for different pitches. Higher pitches have a higher frequency, problem is, those are the hair cells closet to the eardrum & start to get damaged more quickly. The lower frequency hair cells for more bass sounds are further away.

    Adults lose that higher frequency ability sooner.

    Damn, there were shows that I had ringing for a few days, that and the headphones?!? Still I would do the same thing all again. My wife is getting more annoyed these days because of how often I can’t hear what she says, lol.
    damn man, sounds like a nice system! but its true, people drive like morons. i grew up in northern CA, and those people are always speeding. moved to WA state a few years ago and it seems like lots of people here are stoned. theres also alot of very angry drivers up here because the freeways are inadequate for all the people that moved up here.

    i probably incurred some damage to my hearing from shows too. saw pantera twice in san jose, and six feet under at the warfields in san francisco. being 10 feet away from dimebag darrell was worth it though.

    and thats a funny metal image of the wife getting annoyed at the hearing loss. women like to find reasons to get annoyed and nag though. if i were in your position though, what i would say to my woman would be something like "you want my attention, take your clothes off"

    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    By like 1993, it was just one alternative group after another playing their basic 3-chord progressions and simple boxed pentatonic melodies (and one wasn't much different from the next). There were pretty cool thrash, death metal and black metal scenes around still, but it was most certainly not in the mainstream. I remember the "alternative" radio station KROQ in Pasadena CA having a promotion called "screw the crue" when Motley Crue was trying to put a comeback together as an attempt to foil it.
    lol, this is true. for some reason that was what the mainstream wanted to push, although i much prefer grunge over 6ix9ine. its funny though, i tend to like 90s alternative more now that i see what trash is being pushed currently. that and it all brings back memories of that time in my life.

    speaking of underground 90s metal though, ever heard this?


  40. #80
    JTP$'s Avatar
    JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2023
    Posts
    225

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •