• 2 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Euroholic
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Double your money in less than a year

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Lightbulb Double your money in less than a year

If you had $30,000 and wanted to turn it into $60,000, what would you do with it?

About 15 years ago I did a 3-day course in stock trading (stocks, options), but unless you're content with minor gains, it's still a bit of a gamble.

I was thinking I might import a luxury second-hard car from Asia, spend a thousand dollars on the paintwork and interior, and then sell it in Europe.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I could watch the news for the next crash in stock price for something like Facebook or Instagram, buy $30k worth of stock and wait for it to recover. Bitcoin probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. Of course you're fucked if it doesn't recover.

I prefer the idea of having something physical... I mean if I have a 5-year-old luxury Mercedes in my driveway then I'd feel a little safer than "owning" an imaginary asset.

I could pay a carpenter to make an outdoor portable sauna for me, and then sell it for way more than I paid for it. (I actually have a friend in mind who's a master with wood -- he built his own timber-frame house).

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    If you had $30,000 and wanted to turn it into $60,000, what would you do with it?

About 15 years ago I did a 3-day course in stock trading (stocks, options), but unless you're content with minor gains, it's still a bit of a gamble.

I was thinking I might import a luxury second-hard car from Asia, spend a thousand dollars on the paintwork and interior, and then sell it in Europe.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I could watch the news for the next crash in stock price for something like Facebook or Instagram, buy $30k worth of stock and wait for it to recover. Bitcoin probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. Of course you're fucked if it doesn't recover.

I prefer the idea of having something physical... I mean if I have a 5-year-old luxury Mercedes in my driveway then I'd feel a little safer than "owning" an imaginary asset.

I could pay a carpenter to make an outdoor portable sauna for me, and then sell it for way more than I paid for it. (I actually have a friend in mind who's a master with wood -- he built his own timber-frame house).
    I’m not comfortable with the fast money approach. Save more, invest (get a professional) & be patient.

Out here, flipping real estate is big business, but you need a lot of $. Maybe join in with others that you can trust if real estate is profitable in your part of the world. For me that is the only other thing that I would do, but I know our area & I’d team up with someone who has had great success here.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I’m not comfortable with the fast money approach. Save more, invest (get a professional) & be patient.
    I think the fast approach is ok if you're dealing with actual physical objects rather than imaginary assets. I mean if you import a luxury car from Asia, then it can sit in your driveway, and you just have to look out your window to see what you have.

I do like the idea of getting a carpenter to build an outdoor sauna on wheels. Spend $12k on materials+labour and then sell it for $20k.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I don’t personally do this and have friends investing in (mostly) European cars - BMW, Audi, Jaguar.

Reupholster and recondition with original parts then sell or buy, store, then sell. They know which year and model to buy but need $ to invest.

I do like the idea of getting a carpenter to build an outdoor sauna on wheels. Spend $12k on materials+labour and then sell it for $20k.

When making an investment purchase, I do research to determine fair market value.

I would hire carpenter and save $8k thru resale.

Out here, flipping real estate is big business, but you need a lot of $. Maybe join in with others that you can trust if real estate is profitable in your part of the world. For me that is the only other thing that I would do, but I know our area & I’d team up with someone who has had great success here.
    Flipping houses is hard work! Got to be in the right market & know the market!

Will Cali market drop?
    Thinking self correct eventually???
    lovbyts likes this.

I think the fast approach is ok if you're dealing with actual physical objects rather than imaginary assets. I mean if you import a luxury car from Asia, then it can sit in your driveway, and you just have to look out your window to see what you have.

Man doubling your $ on a car is tough, unless you are restoring a classic, but once again, big $. Even killer, custom kitchens and baths out here in crazy-land won’t double your investment.
    Cylon357 likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Will Cali market drop?
    Probably not. More buyers than assets.
    They passed the budget for the roads, but don’t know how they will pay for it in San Diego.
    Would you go and buy something if you didn’t have money? What the heck with politicians?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Probably not. More buyers than assets.
    They passed the budget for the roads, but don’t know how they will pay for it in San Diego.
    Would you go and buy something if you didn’t have money? What the heck with politicians?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Cali population going down, slowly exiting. Fake NEWS lololol

Repo man for cars, housing crash 2009 and soon to repeat.

We learned from politicians who can’t pass balanced budget…lift the deft ceiling, kick can down road.

just print money! WTH!
    charger69 likes this.

Will Cali market drop?
    Our market, yes, but then it will pick right back up. But it’s all location, location, location.

It’s monster work. I would only flip in my isolated neighborhood that I know exactly how it responds. Right now though, it’s not self-correcting. I ain’t looking for a monster kill. I just loved designing our place & how our neighborhood reacted to it. If I make a tiny profit, but push the envelope a bit more here it will be more than worth it.

Once again, retirement has its advantages.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

I thought Cali population going down, slowly exiting. Fake NEWS lololol

Repo man for cars, housing crash 2009 and soon to repeat.

We learned from politicians who can’t pass balanced budget…lift the deft ceiling, kick can down road.

just print money! WTH!
    Yup, folks leaving for sure. Uh, sell your place for X and then retire in a place that is considerably less expensive. For many it’s a no-brainer move financially. For the wife and and I, this place is simply too good to leave.
    charger69 and GirlyGymRat like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    What are the elites buying? The answer is food. Bill Gates is the largest owner of farmland in the USA. He owns over 300 thousand acres of farming land. He has already stated he wants population control so it is clearly evident food will be in short supply in the coming years.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    What are the elites buying? The answer is food. Bill Gates is the largest owner of farmland in the USA. He owns over 300 thousand acres of farming land. He has already stated he wants population control so it is clearly evident food will be in short supply in the coming years.
    Well I ain’t an “elite” by a long shot, but live amongst them in surreal Los Angeles. If they’re buying food, it’s at exclusive restaurants that I don’t want to go to. The food is insanely “worth it”, but not my cup of tea company wise. On our way home from the market we drove by countless homeless encampments on the sidewalks, but here is a small sample of our typical weekly real estate section. Dozens of these pop up every week. And largely these are not used as a primary residence, as these owners have multiple homes. These are generally used for “get-always” or to host “impressive” gatherings to impress their other “elite” friends. I’m all for capitalism & making a profit by ethical & legal means, that said, why we aren’t taxing the hell out of them is beyond me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Double your money in less than a year-f5498e7d-7fc4-4da4-a8a8-ef775d74af7d.jpeg   Double your money in less than a year-ceadd347-8917-407f-b1d5-8212c3c156d6.jpeg   Double your money in less than a year-a6ca4bb2-066b-480f-a9ef-87c69dced37b.jpeg  

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Roulette wheel and put it on black.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    The problem with conspiracy theories like this is they are usually true. Check out most of your local congress people, senators or governors. Ill bet they own and have been buying a lot of farm land especially since Covid has hit. I know our Governor in Wa state has been seen many times over East of our mountains 100s of miles away the city buying farm land and businesses he has killed with his mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Roulette wheel and put it on black.
    I did this with a week's wages about 8 years ago. I won and walked out with my takings.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Find a partner and invest in a house with several bedrooms and bathrooms in an area just outside a big city. Rent it out each room on a daily basis like a hotel. My brother in law did this and retired at age 40. If he rents 3 of his 5 bedrooms in a day that's $600 daily. He makes around $10,000 each week before expenses. He moved to Mexico and lives like a drug lord without selling drugs lol

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Legal?!

I mean - pimping hoes, slinging/cooking dope - talk about true investment potential - maybe, human trafficking, gun trafficking < just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Legal?!

I mean - pimping hoes, slinging/cooking dope - talk about true investment potential - maybe, human trafficking, gun trafficking < just to name a few
    I hear being a hit man pays pretty good.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I hear being a hit man pays pretty good.
    Good one!

I was starting with "mild" more low risk type "investments"
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Legal?!

Fentanyl is still available. Invest in a pill press & you’re a drug kingpin. Just don’t try the stuff or you’ll end up dead. Yup selling guns out here is easy $ so I hear/read. They’ll love ya in Texas FK, I’m sure. When you take them cross the border, just be ready to pay a regular fee to the cartels if you want to keep your head and hands.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Fentanyl is still available. Invest in a pill press & you’re a drug kingpin. Just don’t try the stuff or you’ll end up dead. Yup selling guns out here is easy $ so I hear/read. They’ll love ya in Texas FK, I’m sure. When you take them cross the border, just be ready to pay a regular fee to the cartels if you want to keep your head and hands.
    Exactly! Easy $

I tried to cross into MX, last time we got searched on the way in - so, that kind kills an easy gum running ring < bummer
    wango likes this.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    I would put my 30K into CCXI now and when its gets EU approval next month I would transfer everything to IVR

When CCXI hits I plan to start taking profits at $55 and I will slowly scale out.

IVR is currently trading around $1.90 and expected to go to $5-6 by end of 2022

At $1.90 its paying .09 in dividends per share.

Blog Entries
    “If” I had a choice, I’d just change all my USD into GBP < easiest no brainer

Thread Information