Like Tree228Likes

Thread: What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member

What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?

As America again rises to the title of The Arsenal of Democracy, in her unbridled assistance to the beleaguered government, army and people of Ukraine; what do our nations people feel and think of the mind boggling expenditure, on what is literally the other side of the planet, to aid and assist this Eastern European country, in her quest to liberate their territory from the Russian invaders?

America has financially pushed the bar way out of reach of any and all of the other supporting nations. I saw a graph which demonstrated that our country's contribution is more than double that of all the other nations combined. During these times of hyper inflation and President Zelensky's "panhandling" (I don't agree with this term, but I used it for poetic / artistic effect.) to the US government; I sincerely wonder, as my students have asked specifically, what the American people think about this money which has and continues to be spent. If there is any belief that we will ever see the cash back; think again, as I saw an article detailing how long it took, and what percentage of the debts were paid back, by our allies from WW II. This reeked of classic international sodomy, in my view, especially the remuneration from the Russians. I guess that our government felt that they better take what was ultimately offered, instead of settling for nothing at all

I belong to some online reading app, and I have read a lot of opinions and justifications from contributors and commentators alike, concerning American aid. Arguments stating that: (1) When you are the biggest boy on the block, you have an obligation to neutralize the bully assist... (2) All these weapons have already been built and are basically currently collecting dust, and at least they are being used for what they were fabricated for (Combatting the Bear.). Ect...

So gents, what can you tell me?

*Not that this Rogues Gallery is by any means representative of national consensus. (Joke)

**Lets give it a college try boys, to keep this discussion from derailing as the last Ukrainian conflict thread so disappointed did.
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 12-28-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information