Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    and scott, i look down on anyone who talks about or dos put anything in anyones drink, so yea, your beneth me son.
    i guess that's the difference here, i don't look down on anybody, why do you compare yourself to other people so much??? inferiority complex? have to prove your better than others by putting them down?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    why is that shady, it's spelled out for you right above where you sign? do you always sign contracts you don't read?

Actually, restuarants are required to show that the total bill will ALREADY include 15% tip, either on the menu or at walk in. Having a bartender add in grotuity to the generated bill when he feels it neccassary can get the business in a lot of trouble.
    I have all my receipts from the bar and NONE of them generated grotuity except the last time when I called the CC co. and spoke to the manager.
    For all those bartenders out there who take advantage of the situation feeling you can add on tips at random, I hope some big drunk ass guy knocks you on your ass. It will happen one day. People do not like being ripped off by some punk ass bartender who feels safe behind the bar and bouncers.

Charges can be brought up if the server changes the written in tip amount. If it exceeds the total signed upon then that is CC fraud. You can say it was a mistake but Im sure they will do some research and back tracking to see how many mistakes you supposedly made.
    IE: Tip amount written in is 10 dollars and the server enters in 15 dollar tip amount.

bermich, we can go round and round on this, but the fact is, a server may include a 15% tip on the printed bill, as long as it is clearly indicated on the receipt, the costomer has the right to cross that out, and not pay it, trust me it's perfectly legal and you don't have to have a sign posted anywhere in order to do it, there wouldn't be an establishment left in america with all the lawsuits otherwise

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    man, if you dont get a tip, its prlly bc of the service, you can all say what u like about me, and my education, but illl compare the uni i graduated from with anyone. and id love for you to meet me and say that. my stats are not hard to find big guy. the bottom line is this, if your a waiter and thats your desired job field, your a unmotivated ****. if u dont get a tip, most of the time its bc of your work, if u wanan get paid good, then get a good job, if your to dumb to see that, then serve me my ****in chicken and get the **** away.
    A perfect example of why a good college education doesn't mean you are smart. I've had many people who had engineering degrees (from good Unis as you say) working under me and most of them were worthless little arrogant pricks. Not all mind you. But a lot of them. Some of them were great workers. My unedicated ass (with my 3 little years of college from a ****ty school) was happy to fire the ****ty ones too. I also know many waiters who work their ass off. I bet harder than you ass has ever worked in you life Mr Internet bad ass. If you wanna be a bad ass do it in real life and keep it off the internet tuff guy.

Im done.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I have one last comment to make. I have a lot of ambition. I am getting my masters for a reason. I am not going to be some guy stuck under middle management for the rest of my life. Now, I have a job because I don't want my parents to support me more than they have to. My dad makes pretty good money but it was I who took out loans to pay for school and it was I who declined 600 a month from him. I am not lazy and I am not somebody who has no motivation. I work because I want to have a better job some day and because I don't want to mouch off my parents. Every waiter or bartender I have met have that job as a temporary job supporting them as they move on to bigger and better things. No, I am not going to be a waiter all my life. You got to be kidding me. I make 1000 a month and on a college kids' budget that is good. Stop acting like you, decadbal, are better than anyone. You are not superior to me nor scott because we are doing something to support ourselves at the moment. I actually don't mind waiting tables as I make better money than doing any other type of physical labor in my town like mowing grass or whatever. I meet a lot of nice people and the people like to see a college student working and are curious as to my goals. Don't worry, when I am the ceo of a fortune 500 company and your house is where I want to put a parking garage I will gladly buldoze it without regret. Don't ever take the approach you are better than somebody, because in reality, there is somebody who is better off than you. And from the sound of it, I would consider that number many.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    decadbal you have no right looking down on people because of the profession they chose. My mom busted her ass raising 4 kids while waiting table after my parents divorced. I also waited tables for years making money to get through school.

Originally Posted by decadbal
    and id love for you to meet me and say that. my stats are not hard to find big guy.

Being a internet tough guy IMO is beneth me.

TOCK. Read what DECA wrote. You too MUD. He said he looks down on anyone who puts stuff in peoples food or drinks such as spit or visine. Why would you reply saying he was talking about profession? Because Tock did????

decadbal is offline Banned
    for one, back when this entire petty quarrel got started i never said i was better than anyone, one of you IQ standouts came up with that, after re-reading the entire thread, i see that scott mentions about visine and ppls drinks, which makes him garbage, and if you support anyone who would maliciously put things in ppls food, then you are with him, if not, then so on. i never once said anything about you, if you go back thru the entire thread you two have attacked everyone on it, so i dont concern myself with why, it must be some insecurity about your job at the moment, your gettin your masters, congrats, i doubt you will pave over anything of mine, bc i dont see someone who attacks someone at a party being in charge of anythiing other than a payless shoe store. to the ppl like mud who are offened by what i said, i meant it for this generation, back when you and I were young it wasnt a bad job for a female to have and i respect anyone who raises 4 children. and again, with all the opportunities offered today, if you are a lifetime waiter or waitress, you arnt motivated, its easy to go to school, i did, you did, we all can, working thru school isnt the same as a career. if you wanna argue about that, then fine leave me out of it. i could care less. but you ppl who attack me from readin the last 4 post of the two idiots who are upset bc i woudlnt tip someone bc of ****ty service are pretty ignorant and need to read the entire thing to see what kind of ppl the two you are siding with are. a person who attacks someone bc of 3 dollars is sad, someone who poisons someones food or drink is a POS. if you support that, your just as guilty. and for the record i dont cosider myself any kind of badass, in person or the internet, i just know how HS kids talk **** till they run across the wrong person, and when the right timecomes im the wrong person. that in no way is a threat to anyone, just a simpe statment that if i dont tip you, its bc of your service or attitude, and yellin at me at a party is a good way to get the hell beat out of your ass in front of your other HS friends. thanks BER for the defense, its obvious ppl dont read the entire article, just attack the ppl they chooose

i have never put anything in anyone's drink, but i have witnessed other bartenders doing so, and all i said was that it was done, if it makes me garbage for being a witness and reporter, then i guess i am, but who are you to say that i am, decadbal? you have made several remarks about people's iq, education, motivation in life, pointing out that you don't not suffer from any of these maladys and that they should shut up and get your chicken, if that's not saying you're better than someone, then what is??? don't try to put spin on what you say because a mod and a vet tell you you're a jerk for indirectly threatening people, and by the way chief, you're not exactle a wise old 24 year old

you know ive wasted a day typing back and forth on this thing, about tippin a waiter or waitress, when i always do, even though i sit and wait on my drink to be filled and so on, and yea, we all had ****ty little jobs in college, and they sucked and ppl looked down on me, but i never once did anything immoral, or let anyone i worked with. for the last time, if i dont tip u, its bc of service, or your attitude, if you cant deal with that, work harder or ditch the outlook. i treat everyone the same, bc we are all the same, our actions are what make us different. i could care less about what Ron the Mod says, bc his opinion means the same as yours....NOTHING. he can join in your little clique and badmouth me, or call me a internet badass, i just simply said the truth, if someone talked to me like that at a party, bc of 3 dollars, they would regret it, how that makes me a tuff guy i dont know, why dont you ask 50 why he can jump someone for not tippin him? why dont you ask your ppl you saw use visine why they are POS, why dont you ask the ppl that drank it, how it felt and how they feel knowing you watched them do it, and didnt stop them. yea scott im wise, im smart enough t o know to do the right thing, and not go out of my way to hurt someone, or allow someone else to hurt them, does that make me better than you..no, better thaan anyone...no. it does however make your morals questionable, it does make you loose credibility bc youd allow that to happen. but im sure you, like me could care what the other thinks, so im done with this thread, and you, and this arguement, so do what u want in life, good luck, and remember good service and good ppl are always rewarded in life.

again, you're just trying to twist around what you originally said to make it sound, well in this round, morally superior, as opposed to intellectually superior, physically superior, and motivationally superior, if you haven't been paying attention, the thread turned from being about tipping, to about your showing a complete lack of respect for people in the service industry, if you care about people so much, why don't you stop saying how superior and wise you are by just apologizing to the people you've offended and being done with it

To everyone whom is offened by anything I have said relating to serving food, drinks or anything, Im sorry, I didnt mean it as degrading or disrespecting to you or anyone you know. I hope this will be dropped and we can all move on to a more positive goal dealing with bodybuilding and the fitness related field we all share a love in. Again im sorry to all and anyone upset or offended and I hope we can all let by gones be by gone.

Like I said, I don't care that I have this job, I only got pissed at the fact that motivation and laziness came into. I am not in highschool. I am a senior in college. I admitted it was a dumb reason to fight somebody, but if you reread my story about it, the guy got pissed because he had to pay to drink at a party, and coincidentally, he had tipped me bad before. He didn't want to pay, and I said oh, yeah, your a cheap mofo. He walked away talking **** because I called him out cause he didn't want to pay for alcohol at my fraternity's party when we had all payed for. I didn't jump a guy for ****ty tips. Like I said, I have fun with my job and understand that some people tip 10% and that is fine. My point had to do with people who tip 10% all the time, which I don't, and how people should tip on performance, some what regardless of the ticket. I never said anything about dopping people's drinks, as I think that is wrong. Payless? Please. I did find that kinda funny though.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    TOCK. Read what DECA wrote. You too MUD. He said he looks down on anyone who puts stuff in peoples food or drinks such as spit or visine. Why would you reply saying he was talking about profession? Because Tock did????
    ===========

Hoooookay . . . what I did? Somebody please tell me what I did to get included in this part of this thread . . . I contributed some thoughts on eliminating tips in a Barber shop, which I still think is a good idea. Someone suggested today that I not post prices and just let folks pay whatever they think the service was worth . . . Now THAT would be a hellaciously good idea if I set up shop in the rich part of town . . .
    But anyway, how did I get dragged into this part of the thread?

this thread is like a black hole, you just got sucked into it

i'm done. I tip good, others don't and I just tried to enlighten some people on being a waiter before anyone said anything about being lazy or whatever that got it out of hand.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Wow....this thread took some unusual twists and turns but I am glad the conflicts were all sorted out respectfully in an adultlike manner. I contemplated asking a mod to lock it for a while there but I had a hunch the people of AR are above an all out flame war and have the sense to see that other people's opinions are just that....opinions. I am amazed at the scope and differences in many of your responses, and who would have guessed that tipping would bring up such emotional responses from people?

I dont know why I typed your name TOCK. I think I might have meant 50 % or someone saying somethign about someone that one day in gym class by the tree outside by that truck.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I dont know why I typed your name TOCK. I think I might have meant 50 % or someone saying somethign about someone that one day in gym class by the tree outside by that truck.
    ========

No problem . . . seems I'm on everyone's fingertips these days . . .

Now that we've pretty well covered the topic of tippin, whataya say we take on the topic of tippling?
    I'll drink to that . . .
    --Tock

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Wow....this thread took some unusual twists and turns but I am glad the conflicts were all sorted out respectfully in an adultlike manner. I contemplated asking a mod to lock it for a while there but I had a hunch the people of AR are above an all out flame war and have the sense to see that other people's opinions are just that....opinions. I am amazed at the scope and differences in many of your responses, and who would have guessed that tipping would bring up such emotional responses from people?
    Shut up ya stupid ba$tard. Wanna bet we can't have all out war?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Shut up ya stupid ba$tard. Wanna bet we can't have all out war?
    Oh sure....more words of wisdom from the "Worlds greatet kickboxing Moderator". Fix that **** old man!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Tip when deserved...not automatically...and just when some hooker-in-training jiggles, and shakes her azz does not auto qualify for a tip.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Bump for lozgod

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    If the service is bad.. complain to the manager... usually get the meal for free, and then leave a tip.. $5
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

worldknown is offline Banned
    i tip almost always no matter how bad the service is unless its terrible, i see it this way, they are working for their money and for their living, its better than a bum on the side of the road doing nothing, and if they are friendly and do a good job i have no problem tipping more than the typcail 15%, and usually tip more no matter how bad service is if im on a date. they are trying to make it in the world just like me and you, so, i would like to be tipped nice, do unto others as you wish them to do to you (or something along those lines) =x

i never tip bartenders, only ppl in nice resturants..thats it.. and if the service is crap, ill leave enough to make sure they understand it was...

crazyswoll is offline Junior Member
    I did an exchange student program where I went to Venice for a month and a half. Bro they get redic with tipping over there. I thought I was a good tipper till I went.

haha, this thread?

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    haha, this thread?
    Haha, it just picked up as thought it was 6 months old

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information