Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Sorry if you're offended. But there's plenty of reason to suppose that the Bible is just religious fiction. There are jillions of Jewish, Muslim, Buddist, and other theologians smarter than either of us who can offer persuasive reasons. I've read what I've read and come to my own conclusions. You are free to disagree, however, and beleive what you will. Won't bother me in the least.
    --Tock
    There has never been a more historically accurate book written than the Bible. You don't have to believe or acknowledge the truth while on earth, one day you will acknowledge it though, just as we all will. My prayers are with you.

The Passion was a well, how do you say it.....a very important movie that left a huge impact. It's painful and hard to watch at times, but it does make you realize the true pain that Jesus went through. Believe in the Bible or not, it tells about the last days of Jesus's life. I would highly recommend it.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    There has never been a more historically accurate book written than the Bible. You don't have to believe or acknowledge the truth while on earth, one day you will acknowledge it though, just as we all will. My prayers are with you.

The Passion was a well, how do you say it.....a very important movie that left a huge impact. It's painful and hard to watch at times, but it does make you realize the true pain that Jesus went through. Believe in the Bible or not, it tells about the last days of Jesus's life. I would highly recommend it.
    I was waiting to hear your response. I have a friend who saw it and he said it change his life!

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~ I want to see it, but i have a feeling that i wil have my eyes shut most of the time~ My brother cadicismi (SP?) took them to see it last night said he loved the movie, but wasn't able to eat the gravy with the spagehtti at dinner~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

FmRommel is offline Member
    It's all fiction, anyway. Sad to see so many people that confuse it with reality.
    --Tock
    THIS is what REALLY pisses me off about you liberals. All you do is bitc h about people's rights and everyone having their own beliefs, freedoms, and values, yet you insist on inserting your own discriminating views on anything you dont believe. This was an asshole comment from a true hypocritical, bleeding heart liberal.

FM

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FmRommel
    THIS is what REALLY pisses me off about you liberals. All you do is bitc h about people's rights and everyone having their own beliefs, freedoms, and values, yet you insist on inserting your own discriminating views on anything you dont believe. This was an asshole comment from a true hypocritical, bleeding heart liberal.

FM
    . . . lol . . .
    Yep, you'll have a hard time finding anyone who cherishes the right to hold and share one's own opinion. From your comment, it looks like you get upset when folks state opinions that disagree with your own. Well, IMHO, you have that right, too.

As far as being a "bleeding heart liberal," I don't think I am. I'm a pretty strong advocate of smaller government and more personal freedoms (including the right to take AS), as well as less government handouts and more personal responsibility. But, if this is what you think a bleeding heart liberal is, then I guess I am one.

In either case, you're free to beleive what you want.
    --Tock

There has never been a more historically accurate book written than the Bible. .

Did you know there are no less than five (5) count them five (5) different accounts of the Resurrection in the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John)? I don't see how that could be an indication of historical accuracy.

The whole story of Moses and the Exodus is entirely fiction, as well. There isn't a shred of a mention of the event in any of the archeological records of ancient Egypt, or in any other civilization's records. Disagree? Fine. Find an archeological reference that mentions the event. Don't want to? Fine by me, no skin off my nose. I still say you are free to beleive what you want. But it's only . . . a belief, not fact.

Take care,
    --Tock

PS--maybe we should take further responses to this topic on another thread . . . we're veering off topic . ...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Tock....what if you are wrong?

"Eternity" sure seems like a long time.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    PS--maybe we should take further responses to this topic on another thread . . . we're veering off topic . ...
    Please start another thread on this. I would love to talk about this, but I don't want this thread to get off topic. I'm going to be tied up with some things for a little while, but I will gladly reply to everything you mentioned above. It's all very simple apologetics and can all be explained if you truly want an explanation.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    ... I'm going to be tied up with some things for a little while...
    Pervert.

Please start another thread on this. I would love to talk about this, but I don't want this thread to get off topic. I'm going to be tied up with some things for a little while, but I will gladly reply to everything you mentioned above. It's all very simple apologetics and can all be explained if you truly want an explanation.

Done.

End of Heresy on this thread . . . back to "Passion" comments . . .
    --Tock

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    I know where you stand and usualy just play it off.This time I will not.
    Your last statement was wrong and bothered me a bit.
    This is the exact kind of statement you gays would take offense to.
    I believe in Christ and his death, I do not need you to feel sorry for me.

i believe in christ and his death as well, just not his divinity.

decadbal is offline Banned
    will someone plz explain to me how if i come onto this site and badmouth jews, how quickly ill get banned, if i come across making a predjuidice statement about jews then i suffer the consequence. now someone explain to me, how come ever person isnt a christian has the right to badmouth christianity? it seems that and white ppl are the only ppl you can use to make fun of, when theres nothing left to debate, im so sick of hearing athiest, and agnostics badmouth a man, who died for their sins, even though they dont apprechiate it, and hearing people say they dont believe in organized religion, if your a christian, then you do, if your a jew, then you do, a muslim, or buddist, or hindo, you do. if your an athiest, then you are denying your belief in a god, but that statement alone shows you recognize a god, humans can be so stupid and nieve when it comes time for them to make statements. the passion was a great film, and id advise anyone who has no direction in life to see it, and those who do have direct to, to show apprechiation.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    Would have to pay me to go see it, its not that i dont like Mel's movies, its just that i have a problem with religion, i dont mind it and i support people in whatever they believe but i just dont find it interesting.

i didn't want to go see it either, but i was with about 8 friends and the all wanted to go see it, so i hopped on the bannd wagon, i recomend seeing it, it was a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    will someone plz explain to me how if i come onto this site and badmouth jews, how quickly ill get banned, if i come across making a predjuidice statement about jews then i suffer the consequence. now someone explain to me, how come ever person isnt a christian has the right to badmouth christianity? it seems that and white ppl are the only ppl you can use to make fun of, when theres nothing left to debate, im so sick of hearing athiest, and agnostics badmouth a man, who died for their sins, even though they dont apprechiate it, and hearing people say they dont believe in organized religion, if your a christian, then you do, if your a jew, then you do, a muslim, or buddist, or hindo, you do. if your an athiest, then you are denying your belief in a god, but that statement alone shows you recognize a god, humans can be so stupid and nieve when it comes time for them to make statements. the passion was a great film, and id advise anyone who has no direction in life to see it, and those who do have direct to, to show apprechiation.

Take it to the other thread . . . this one is back on the "Passion."
    --Tock

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Monstercojones I appriciate your honesty.
    Have you seen the movie?

I want to know what NON-CHRISTIAN people thought of the movie.
    -Did you enjoy it?
    -What do you think Jesus stood for?
    -Were you "touched" in a non-religous way?
    -Do you view this movie as a purely historical event?
    -Ect., Ect. Any thoughts and comments appreciated

I respect all people, religous or not. I don't consider myself to be religous. I think it's a vice, a social opium of the masses used to control man.
    I DO BELIEVE THE BIBLE, and strive to have a personal relationship with God. My heart is my only concern not religous ethics and quotas. I let God control and lead me as he sees fit.

In the Bible it says that ALL laws hang or are included on these 2 laws:
    (if you follow these 2 you do not sin)
    1. Love God with all your heart, soul and spirit
    2. Love your neigbor as yourself

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I believe we are witnessing the "End Of Days"....I hope all of the people who do not believe repent their sins.........Everything that is written in the Bible IS coming true believe it or not.

May God have mercy on your soul.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Tock not trying to get it to work against you bro. No offense intended.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Brother Tock for someone who doesnt believe the Bible how can you prove that its so fake and ficticious. By the humanly woeks of those who spend their entire lives trying to disprove it along with the long list of those who try to disprove all that cant be explained. As said before I respect all opinions but who the Bible as total fiction is absurd. Yes there are stories told in the Bible that arent perhaps exactly as it happened. Heck you get 5 guys together that witness the same event and you will get 5 different stories. Genius thinkers will continue to disprove the reality of God.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

powerful

agreed. ya know it is surely violent but i know alot more movies out that are way more violent. i beleive in god and all but have lost faith over the years due to harsh events but this movie was very moving. i wish it had shown more into the resurection. jew, christian, muslim whoever i think this is a must see movie. i didnt have any anger towards jews after the movie so i dont think there will be any kind of backlash.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    good gibson historical movie. but thats it... IMO this movie was a lame attempt to bring some "new believers"...

tuna is offline Junior Member
    Some very interesting veiws on the movie.

And some provocted issues.

nobody knows how we came to be here to beleive only what was written thousands of years ago and has been interpreted so many times is hard.
    some say that is the essense of faith to have faith in the bible.

I do personaly belive in god though in what form I do not know, How could I, I love god for giving me life the most wonderful and amazing gift imaginable. I do belive there was a man called jesus whos mother was mary,
    who was a man of religeon I belive that the bible is a powerful book but do I belive that the bible is total truth No.

Man is not capable of total truth, He will always write think and love with an angle toward his own ends that is human nature.

god created us all for a reason. A reason I could never comprehend no human mind is capable of that sort of comprehension.

But I do not belive god created us to follow other mens words or storys or wishes. And that is why we have the minds we do so we can think for our selves and find our owne faith a true faith of our owne that we give to god personally and uniquely, God wants us to worship in the individual way we were created and we werre all created differently.

Cant wait to see the movie. H opefully it will stir some emotions and awaken some morals and therfore make me better and improve my life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information