Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whats the right age to take steroids (GOOD READ)

doom23 is offline New Member
    I had a testosterone of 450 when i was 21, decided to use roids as my gains were shity as hell.

doom23 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1991 View Post
    Im a 20 year old male that wants to do a deca/test 10 week cycle. I would rather wait till im a few years older but i have had 3 shoulder reconstructions and am 6 months post my 3rd op and my shoulder simply isnt healing very well. I am also beginning to start pulling and tearing muscles even though i have backed right off my gym work. Other than that im healthy and very athletic but cant play my sport because my shoulder wont heal for me. Do you guys think steroids is right for me?
    No, don't use them until a bit older... Roids arnt fairy dust, you don't just "grow" and become god like lol.

911T is offline New Member

Advice- 18 years old

I have spent a lot of time researching AAS, particularly the ones about taking them too young. I'm 6'3'' roughly 235lbs right now. I've been working out consistently since I was 14 and was really athletic growing up (I use the term growing up lightly, obviously still quite young). Besides growth and hormone balance, is their anything else I should be aware of before I consider starting a cycle?

Appreciate your feedback!

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 911T View Post
    I have spent a lot of time researching AAS, particularly the ones about taking them too young. I'm 6'3'' roughly 235lbs right now. I've been working out consistently since I was 14 and was really athletic growing up (I use the term growing up lightly, obviously still quite young). Besides growth and hormone balance, is their anything else I should be aware of before I consider starting a cycle?

Appreciate your feedback!
    So after reading wut can happen 2 u, u want 2 start a cycle anyway. And u want us 2 HELP u hurt urself?!?

mattydaman88 is offline New Member
    Very interesting post mann.. Opened my eyes glad I never took roids when I was 21..

holmes is offline New Member
    Great post. Been researching a lot lately and very tempted to do a cycle. Was thinking 500Mg test-E a week (12 weeks), 30mg oral-turanibol daily(week 1-4), 0.5mg Arimidex daily throughout and clomid for PCT 40/40/20/20.

I'm only turning 24 in a month, but I have a lot of friends that I seen personally blow up from AAS, one friend going from 140lbs to 185lbs. Solid gains. Even my younger brother did a cycle and had awesome gains, though he lost it all by stopping training and not eating right.

My question is this: Is 24 even too young? Am I still too small? I come from a family of very small stature and even being 140lbs (Up from 125lbs) has been some good gains. Definitely a hardgainer as well, kind of a short ectomorph.

Anyway this post has really got me thinking a bit more. Might wait another couple years.

vcboss is offline New Member
    thanks.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel that using steroids at a young age is too easy, first you got to have the money because black market are expensive, i was a gym rat at 16, and some of my high school hot heads did have daddy money to buy steroids . They got big fast and massive, and yes very impressive, but after there cycle they got small real fast too.

I started at 138 pounds at 5 feet 10 when i was 16 and by the time i was 21 never used i was a solid 204 pounds, i never lost anything either.

I got put on TRT i am now 39, i feel that when you truly love bodybuilding, lifting weights and feeling that pump the formative years are the best, you cannot waste this using drugs. Eating 6 meals per day at 1000 calories each to get that mass going, getting stronger in the gym those are amazing feelings.

If there is one thing i would like to go back too its that time, i am glad that i have spend my teen age years in the gym.

Now i am in a new ballgame, and i beleive that steroids has its place in the older athlete. Because when well done TRT can give you back your youth and make you feel like when you where 18 years old again. Testosterone is such an amazing hormone.

If i was younger and knowing what i do now i would study in all theses hormones and try get get a degree in the medical or endocriologist to help out people.

When growing older is where steroids start to shine and really make sense.

Has for the supplements reference i dont beleive they are that useful, glutamine will not increase GH that much and been taking ZMA for a year now not sure if its doing something.

I rather go the melatonin way cheap supplement with amazing benefits.

Eating a good diet eliminates the need for supplements.

aje14 is offline New Member
    Im 20 years old 5'9" 170 lbs. Most people in my family are around my height and are around 170-190. I have been working out since 14 but very seriously for about a year and a half. i try to take in about 3000 calories a day with the appropriate amount of macros but im in college so its hard to be get that every day. Im currently on creatine/protein supp/pwo. Do you guys think its safe/smart to start a cycle? all opinions are welcome. thanks

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aje14 View Post
    Im 20 years old 5'9" 170 lbs. Most people in my family are around my height and are around 170-190. I have been working out since 14 but very seriously for about a year and a half. i try to take in about 3000 calories a day with the appropriate amount of macros but im in college so its hard to be get that every day. Im currently on creatine/protein supp/pwo. Do you guys think its safe/smart to start a cycle? all opinions are welcome. thanks
    At 20yo your to young to start using aas. Better off getting your diet dialed in really well and waiting a few more years. Don't want to do any permenent damage at your age your endocrine system is still developing, not worth it.

Come over to the nutrition forum and I'm sure we can help you meet your goals.

aronjrsmil is offline Associate Member
    Depends on the steroid
    Last edited by aronjrsmil; 01-16-2012 at 12:07 PM.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aronjrsmil View Post
    Depends on the steroid
    Elaborate??

mirin_serratus is offline Associate Member
    people here are way too sensitive about age...when did 25 become an absolute criteria?

brb no one wants to waste the best years of their life dieting 24/7 and hardly look like they lift
    brb gaining confidence early on, nailing job interviews, being more social, making more friends and connections, meeting more girls etc etc
    brb no one cares about being huge when you're old
    brb going on trt in your 30s regardless
    brb 90% chance you don't even notice sides if you know what you're doing

come on guys lets be real here

$$GhettoReps$$ is offline New Member
    klmlkm
    Last edited by $$GhettoReps$$; 05-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.

$$GhettoReps$$ is offline New Member
    hey devlgod, im starting my 1st cycle im 19. ive done enough research to know that steroids used to be MUCH more complex and dangerous and worked better. *the legal ones of course.. * anyway, what about the steroids that are legal now? or prohormones ? such as rpn havoc? they are muchh more safer than they were when you took it. clone after clone they took the good stuff out . dont you think ill be good taking this in 2012? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG View Post
    I dont like the article.its just an opinion someone has.we all have them.

I was 17 when I started,Im now 35, 6'2" or 3" not really sure and 290+ lbs,there is absolutely no one in my family anywhere near my size.My father is 5'10" Mother 5'6" and skinny,brothers all 6' or smaller and under 200lbs.

kind of blows his theory right out of the water.

lilpropslinger is offline New Member
    Hey everyone. Just been thinking about AAS for a while now. just havnt known the way to go about it. I didnt play sports in highschool, but i did do rodeo for a while. And my jr year i did powerlifting just because all my buddys did, but that was only about 2 months then i went back into off season and started rodeoing again. After highschool, i went to work in the oil fields and havnt worked out any since highschool. i have been out of school since 09, and ill be 22 in august. im 5'10-5'11 and weigh around 160. im about to join the Air Force and im just looking for that extra push to get me ready. I just started running, or well trying to run, and getting ready to work out. But over the last few months, it seems like my "want to" level is going away. i dont have the will to get active or anything. i hope this is making sense. Im just really looking for something to boost me up and get me motivated and pumped up and maybe help me get stronger and filled out a little befor i ship to basic. ill have about 3-4 months to get ready. Due to me leaving august or september. So any advice please? im not a real built guy at all. Please dont rag on me or anything, im just searching for advice and a opinoin.. Thanks for the time and help.

fanof is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robbrodenberg View Post
    dude im 19 almost 20 and ive been lifting for a while with craetine and im stuck at 5'11 160 lbs and i was thinking about roids but everyonw told me no and i eat like 4 cans of tuna a day and 3 solid meals but i dont work out too often but i would if it took roids anyone got anything for me
    thise made me laugh..sorry
    one of my favourite sayings is "how can you expect to grow on roids if you cant grow without"

the bold part... why dont you try actually working out more often? and also if you did some research on working out you could make better gains

stuck at 160... lots of tuna isnt a diet, it may help but also look at your ather macros like carbs and fat

whats your bodyfat and goals?

willydawadd is offline New Member
    Great Read, made me reconsider how much longer I need to wait to get a cycle started.

adamameeriar is offline New Member
    this quote makes me feel better

m1sterguy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forzajoe1234 View Post
    I think that genetic potential goes much further than just 15 pounds. I'm a hair under 5'11 and i was 133 lbs. I got up to 185 drug free. I trained hard. I did squats, deadlifts and I benched often. I think that people can gain around 50 pounds of muscle or more drug free, but it will take years. It took me almost 10 years of training drug free to achieve those results...now its time for the gear though!
    i was this exact height and weight when i started training and i hit 185 in 2 years drug free, genetics people.

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    Any chance we could get D00fys post cleaned up, updated and stickied? I typically browse the current threads and and see quite a few people asking questions that could all be answered by the OP's 1st post here.

Any old timers willing to collaborate with one another and get it going?

Or maybe it's already been done and I just haven't seen it yet.

adamameeriar is offline New Member
    and how old are you now ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH View Post
    Started at 19 myself... don't regret it a bit.. you grow better when your on period... go for it doofy... your good...

hell911 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy View Post
    and it educated me as well

"So for a starting point lets say that you need to be at least 18 years of age before you consider using steroids ."

i am 18 1/2 :P
    does this mean doofy started taking aas when age of 18 1/2, i thought we need to be atleast 25, 18 to 25 is very big difference.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    This thread is over 10yrs old lol

hell911 is offline Associate Member
    oh yea, didnt saw the date.

im still confused about this 21 year old thing, this topic say 21 is ok, but people encourage 25 yr old.

so if this topic is wrong, why make it sticky?

RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    oh yea, didnt saw the date.

im still confused about this 21 year old thing, this topic say 21 is ok, but people encourage 25 yr old.

so if this topic is wrong, why make it sticky?

lol i know that feel bro

RajaSultan is offline Associate Member

BY THE WAY HELL911 Read this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Socio View Post
    Everyone is different but at 18 you can grow so much i just turned 19 little bit ago .... and im going through a growing phase which is unbelievable i have seen my self look soo much thicker in the last week and i have gained 1/2" on my arms and lost body fat and im sure ive been training as long if not longer than you Doofy .... advice to you....
    train hard , eat lots , eat clean, eat often, rest plenty dont play sports and you will grow ... train to failure now do you finish every set thinking could i have got another rep... if you do your not training hard enough .... i was going to do a cycle in july . and compete next yr IFBB amatuers im unsure about even competing next yr now and unsure about doing a cycle in the near future .... so Doofy it seems u think AAS are magic to your problem ... it will be a short term solution and you may not regret it ... but you wil always have the doubt it only i waited how much more could i have achieved .... im done sorry guys i felt i needed to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Its not a matter of finished growing. Your test levels dont begin to drop until 23-25, so you should utilize naturally high levels. Your not the same after AS, I dont care what anyone says, so your better off building a great base , then when test levels naturally start to drop, and you turn to AS you gains will be harder and leaner because of solid of muscle nat. earned. JMO , but wait, get some good mature solid years in the gym under your belt then decide when the time is right. I beleive under 25 is too young, need to reach your genetic peak before AS.

TheBossZanTheMan is offline New Member
    very boss post
    reminded my last year why I didnt take steriods
    reinforced the idea today
    I need to work harder and longer to be at that place where my body stops growing naturally
    thanks bro

Youngsters is offline Junior Member
    You called?

wuxiao356 is offline New Member
    Nice post!

smile is offline Junior Member
    eat 6-7-8 times a day,getting a surplus amount of calories , train hard , and sleep well ! I've gotten from 120lbs to 170 lbs in 2 years of me training,just with Protein supplements/mass gainers and pre-workouts, and one time I took creatine. Im 5'8-5'9 20 years old. I plan on getting 10-20 more pounds naturally.

godzillaaaaa is offline New Member
    nice, great read. Thought i was a little young at 21 to be starting, but seems like its not too bad

clarkey02 is offline Junior Member
    If you do them before 25 or before 5+ years of hard training you are retarded IMO.

Jdamm is offline New Member
    Yes!

nussnussbaby is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for posting. Very glad I waited (or took so long to get serious, at least).

chestbrahs is offline New Member
    Whenever you feel big enough And knowledgable enough to take the risks And do the research

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This thread really needs locked by Admin. Reading is fine but bumping a 12yr old post. Hell this post is almost old enough to start using aas..
    workinprogress21 likes this.

saiyangod is offline New Member
    Good shit thanks u so much a huge eye opener to a lot of us Im sure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information