Atomini is offline Banned

Half life vs. active live?

Am I the only one who notices that if you take all your clen doses in the AM, that by the end of the day the jitters and such have worn off? Meanwhile, the half life of clen is said to be something like 35 or 37 hours or something?

What exactly is the issue here? Does clen actually stay active for 35 hours, or is it only active for a few hours and then remains in your system only to be excreted later on?

ANd what about other compounds that are out there? What about most AAS?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Active life for clen I have seen posted is 68 hours. Don't you like it to wear off so you can sleep? I feel sides all day, my hands shake in my sleep on clen.
    Last edited by Kratos; 07-10-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Oh yeah, of course I want it to wear off by the time I go to sleep. But I was just wondering about that, because logically... shouldn't it NOT wear off by the time one goes to bed?

EDIT: Oh and like I mentioned, I don't split the doses throughout the day. I just take it all at once as soon as I wake up.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    This is a very good question.

Because this can be somewhat technical, and hinges on a couple of variables, it is an often misunderstood area so the two terms (half-life & active-life) are generally and erroneously used as synonyms.

The half-life defines the time required for elimination of half the amount of substance absorbed, i.e. for plasma levels to drop by 50%. However, the action of a drug ceases when it disappears from its action site, as in your experience with Clen 's side effects. This can occur by two mechanisms:

• By redistribution, the mechanism by which the drug is initially distributed to the action site, but is also subsequently distributed to peripheral storage areas, mainly fat tissue, skeletal muscle and liver.
    • By drug elimination, including both excretion and metabolic inactivation of the active ingredient.

Here's where it gets a semi-complicated, "Clearance" quantifies the capacity of the body to eliminate the drug, and can be defined as the volume of blood or plasma that is cleared of a substance through elimination processes.

Thus, the half-life can be regarded as the result of two primary processes:

• The distribution capacity of the drug, expressed by its distribution volume.
    • The elimination capacity of the body, expressed by clearance, so that the elimination half-life increases with increasing distribution volumes and decreases with a decreasing clearance.

Hence the old adages, "Because you can't feel it doesn't mean it's not working/there", and the doctors often quoted antibiotic creed, "Continue to take this even when your symptoms have dissipated."
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    The best sleep I get is every 3rd week when I'm taking the benadryl with it. But other wise I get a little warm and toss some until I fall asleep.
    Buff

Wow, excellent post, magic. That was a great explanation. That post should be a stickie.

Thanks, I was getting a lot of questions in which people used the two terms interchangeably, and thought it a good opportunity to explain them.
    Last edited by magic32; 07-23-2007 at 07:58 PM.

I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    This is a very good question.

Because this can be somewhat technical, and hinges on a couple of variables, it is an often misunderstood area so the two terms (half-life & active-life) are generally and erroneously used as synonyms.

The half-life defines the time required for elimination of half the amount of substance absorbed, i.e. for plasma levels to drop by 50%. However, the action of a drug ceases when it disappears from its action site, as in your experience with Clen 's side effects. This can occur by two mechanisms:

• By redistribution, the mechanism by which the drug is initially distributed to the action site, but is also subsequently distributed to peripheral storage areas, mainly fat tissue, skeletal muscle and liver.
    • By drug elimination, including both excretion and metabolic inactivation of the active ingredient.

Here's where it gets a semi-complicated, "Clearance" quantifies the capacity of the body to eliminate the drug, and can be defined as the volume of blood or plasma that is cleared of a substance through elimination processes.

Thus, the half-life can be regarded as the result of two primary processes:

• The distribution capacity of the drug, expressed by its distribution volume.
    • The elimination capacity of the body, expressed by clearance, so that the elimination half-life increases with increasing distribution volumes and decreases with a decreasing clearance.

Hence the old adages, "Because you can't feel it doesn't mean it's not working/there", and the doctors often quoted antibiotic creed, "Continue to take this even when your symptoms have dissipated."
    sticky sticky sticky !

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Thanks, I was getting a lot of questions in which people used the two terms interchangeably, and thought it a good opportunity to explain them.
    Good post man, I'm one of those people!
    Thx

I was talking to a gym guy the other day who had no idea there was a difference. When I explained it, he thanked me three times and said that answered many of the questions no one else could help him with. It felt pretty good.

Great thread!

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    so should clen be administered once a day all at once in the AM or split up 3 times a day? or would both ways be as beneficial as one another?

Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    so should clen be administered once a day all at once in the AM or split up 3 times a day? or would both ways be as beneficial as one another?
    The only reason for splitting would be side effect complications. If you can tolerate the sides, there's no need to divide daily doses.

Half-lives explained

BE CAREFUL!

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    The only reason for splitting would be side effect complications. If you can tolerate the sides, there's no need to divide daily doses.
    would this be the same for ephedrine? taking 75mg all at once instead of 25mg 3x daily? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    would this be the same for ephedrine? taking 75mg all at once instead of 25mg 3x daily? Thanks for your help!
    No, because ephedrine's half life is only about 3 or 4 hours. Clen 's half life is something like 37 hours.

zinny is offline New Member

BUFFDJ you said every 3rd week you take the benadryl...

Why the benedryl?

Juice_E is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinny View Post
    Why the benedryl?
    i think you use benedryl later on with clen to help repair your receptor sites as clen slowly degrades them... someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zinny View Post
    Why the benedryl?
    You should read this:

Anabolic Review Profile: Clenbuterol

Half-lives explained

BE CAREFUL!

Thread Information