BGIZZLE8629 is offline Member

Too Much Cardio for Muscle Gains???

Hey im currently in wk 5 of my 1st test cyp. cycle @ 500mg/wk. Im prolly gonna go for 10wks. Stats: 6' 175 16% b/f lifting for about 3yrs diet about 75% in check but ne ways I always do my cardio after I get done lifting @ the gym... I run on the treadmill @ about 7.5-9.0 speed and run 1-2 miles which takes me anywhere from 7-20 mins depending on energy ect.... So my question is am i going to fast for too long and burning the very muscle that I worked hard to put on that day b/c my gains from this cycle have not been considerable to this point and I am kinda getting worried about the legitimacy of my gear. Oh Also i am taking arimidex @ .25mg/ed to hold off ne aromatization got any ideas/suggestions

pigrond is offline Member
    if your bulking dont do cardio everyday. 2 maybe 3 times a week ,you dont need to use your anti estrogen just because ,only use it if you start to get side effects like sore nipples .eat ,eat alot of healthy protein taking in enough calories is very important to growth ,and last your not feelin that cyp until wk 6 or 7 then it will really start to come on your sex drive should be crazy and your strength will go up if your gear is good any way,and you can always pm a mod about your gear they may be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by pigrond
    if your bulking dont do cardio everyday. 2 maybe 3 times a week ,you dont need to use your anti estrogen just because ,only use it if you start to get side effects like sore nipples .eat ,eat alot of healthy protein taking in enough calories is very important to growth ,and last your not feelin that cyp until wk 6 or 7 then it will really start to come on your sex drive should be crazy and your strength will go up if your gear is good any way,and you can always pm a mod about your gear they may be able to help
    hell yea, 1st off lemme say that bike is f*ckin rediculous! urs? anyways i do the cardio 3-4 days/wk. i only run on the days i lift and i lift 3-4 times/wk (it fluctuates bc im always tryin 2 mix things up in the gym)... i am takin the AI b/c my b/f is kinda high and im not looking to gain a lot of bloat or fat from this cycle via aromatization. thats y im doin the cardio like that. u think i should just stop takin the AI all together? yea hopefully i start seeing something by then or ill just have 2 stop my cycle and b disappointed as hell. info much appreciated

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget about your diet. If youre not gaining much it could very well be due to that. If youre doing cardio like that youll want to increase your calories to compensate. I wouldnt go more than 10-12 minutes/day if youre trying to gain muscle.

sonnygll is offline Member
    cardio kills weight gain. and strength.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i do low intensity cardo eod for 20-30 min

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    cardio kills weight gain. and strength.

That is a blanket statement and is completely false. Proper cardio can be done and strength and muscle will not disappear.

If anything, diet is the result of strength and mass loss IMO.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    That is a blanket statement and is completely false. Proper cardio can be done and strength and muscle will not disappear.

I agree 100%

You mean cause right? I suppose a change in diet would be the result for anyone with sense though.

Why would you use energy when you are trying to take in as much as you can? You would have to eat that much more. I can see doing a little for heart and lungs, but other than that, what are you getting out of it?

At best it looks like a waste of time. If you do it after weights like many do, you are using up more energy at a time when you should be replacing it.

Making up for a junk food binge? Because you like it? I can't think of a good reason for it.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    goals are very important for deciding how much cardio and at what intensity. I like to alternate lifting days from cardio, because what I'm looking for is endurance not weight loss. I also alternate cardio intensity...days I go on 50 mile bike rides and days I run 2 miles as fast as I can. If you're trying to loose that jelly roll around the middle there is no point running at 9mph and running your heart up to 180bpm+, not efficent for fat burn. You would be better off doing a moderate pace for 20-40 min. I think, if you can't think of a good reason for cardio your ideas of fitness are very limited. Your diet will be the determining factor in weight gain. If all you want is weight gain though, skip the cardio.
    Last edited by Kratos; 07-13-2007 at 01:28 PM.

(1*) is offline Member
    lift more and walk the tread mill for 20 to 40.. like hratos said. 3 days a week??? not much for on cycle. i would do a two on one off rotation.

I was only talking about bulking, Kratos. So it looks like we are in agreement on that.

For your goals the different types of cardio are important. So doing quite a bit of both like you do is just what you need. I think I remember you talking about doing cycling and other sports and not just bodybuilding. So I agree with that too.

I have to disagree with the moderate cardio being the best for weight loss. Or any aerobics being good for weight loss. High intensity interval training and other very high intensity types of cardio that are more anaerobic are much more effective. Take a look at the research.
    http://etd-submit.etsu.edu/etd/these...d/king0417.pdf

One additional reason not to do too much cardio when bulking is this. When your body gets used to doing 3 hours a week or whatever you are doing, when you go to cut, you will have to do even more to get any kind result out of it because you have conditioned yourself to what you are already doing. So instead of starting with a couple hours and moving up from there, you have to start your cutting phase doing at least 4, and then keep adding to it any time weight loss stalls. But hey, if you do all your cutting on cycle and you really like cardio..........

Bodangles is offline New Member

Cardio

I don't do any cardio when gaining. My workouts are anarobic and quite high in intensity. Personally I find my leg workouts give me all the cardio I need.

I find with buddies that tried doing cardio when working on size is they would always complain about not getting stronger, all the while doing 2-3 20 minute sessions of cardio during the week. I had suggested they adjust their diet and cut down on the fat and up the low glycemic carbs for the meals before noon. It worked for 2 of them.. and now they are surpassing me with gains.

Bo's 2 cents.
    Be well.

passthetest is offline Member
    If your trying to bulk your only in week 5 I wouldnt do any cardio and eat as much as possible.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

I concur, this is yet another well propagated myth.

Cardio is invaluable during cycle for a variety reasons, and the anabolic state created by gear is not easily offset by mere aerobic activity. The central theme, as stated by Muril is diet. With the environment Test is creating for you, the cardio will only serve as heart health and fat burning, your present muscle will be indelibly preserved even without lifting stimulus...that's what aas does (weight and lbm gain) even for non-lifters. Your potenial muscle is a product of intake (overall calories & protein), making this your primary concern.

And with a scant "7-20 mins...3-4 times week" you'd be considered an underachiever by any standards. Such a regimen is routinely recommended to the populous for normal body functioning, and considered inadequate for bb'ers regardless of cycle goals, but certainly inacceptable for fat burning.

Thus as with all training "diet is king", don't make other variables more important they really are.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Ok, I can see how it matters less on cycle. I still disagree on the cardio for the reasons I mentioned previously, which never did get addressed. A lot of people disagree with each other on this though.

How did we end up talking about diet anyway? I never mentioned it, and always agree it is the most important factor.

In fact while I do vary my training, I don't do anything different between bulking and cutting. I switch gears between the 2 with diet 100%.

tryintogetbig09 is offline Junior Member
    and just for the cherry on top..why is he doing cardio AFTER his lift? you need to get that post work out meal. if you are going to do cardio while on cycle, from what ive read in these forums, get ur butt up early and run on an empty stomach for 45-60 mins at your fat burning target heart rate. theres a special calculation for it. use the search feature. READ READ READ. theres soooo much knowledge to obtain in these forums, you gotta go find it.

tryintogetbig09 is offline Junior Member
    oh yea, forgot the most important thing, DIET!!!! haha

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tryintogetbig09
    and just for the cherry on top..why is he doing cardio AFTER his lift? you need to get that post work out meal. if you are going to do cardio while on cycle, from what ive read in these forums, get ur butt up early and run on an empty stomach for 45-60 mins at your fat burning target heart rate. theres a special calculation for it. use the search feature. READ READ READ. theres soooo much knowledge to obtain in these forums, you gotta go find it.
    Amen brotha, I do Cardio in the morning and Lifting in the Pm. I feel the Cardio is good for trimming the waist as well as for endurance to lift more intensely.

hahaha ok the cardio after i lift is one of the best times to do your cardio b/c like first thing in the morning, running immediately after intense weight training would burn strictly fat and thats y it is onlly 7-20 minutes (1-2 mi) so i can get the pwn within 30 minutes pwo

Thread Information