Smooth212 is offline New Member

Research for School project.. me as guinea pig

Ok so I'm doing a school research project, funded/researched by myself. I'm a Nutrition grad student at a University (obviously that won't be named) and am trying to see first hand the effects of testosterone /cutters/steroids on the human body. Plenty of research is out there for me to get into but I want to see first hand how this stuff affects the human body. Always been interested.

I've been weight training for about 10 years now, am 5"10, 180, and played baseball at the college level and professional (AA league) level. Never ever put my hands on any of this stuff. I have an athletic build but want to see the results of a cycle on an already athletic/muscular build.

If anyone can recommend a cycle w/ all the necessary tools for me I would be grateful.. The research and project I'm doing will be for 3 months so all I'll need is 3 months of this cycle. I basically want to see the results of a cycle after 3 months. Not looking to get absoulutely huge, but going for a more ripped look along with putting on maybe 20 more pounds.

Hopefully someone knowlegable can get back to me... - thanks

JackBauer is offline Associate Member
    sounds like you have a lot more research to do... no one on the forum will spoon feed you this kind of info in order to be sure that you know enough about what your doing and it ultimately is your decision on what you put in your body. I will however, say most commonly somthing with less frequent injections like test cyp or test E is used at about 500mg a week. Be sure to follow up with a "PCT" as your body's natural production of testosterone will stop and PCT allows the body to get up and going with it again... good luck read up and let us know if you have any more questions

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome.
    For starters search "beginner cycles" and do some research, then come back with and any specific questions you may have.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    welcome and good luck..

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth212
    Ok so I'm doing a school research project, funded/researched by myself. I'm a Nutrition grad student at a University (obviously that won't be named) and am trying to see first hand the effects of testosterone /cutters/steroids on the human body. Plenty of research is out there for me to get into but I want to see first hand how this stuff affects the human body. Always been interested.

I've been weight training for about 10 years now, am 5"10, 180, and played baseball at the college level and professional (AA league) level. Never ever put my hands on any of this stuff. I have an athletic build but want to see the results of a cycle on an already athletic/muscular build.

If anyone can recommend a cycle w/ all the necessary tools for me I would be grateful.. The research and project I'm doing will be for 3 months so all I'll need is 3 months of this cycle. I basically want to see the results of a cycle after 3 months. Not looking to get absoulutely huge, but going for a more ripped look along with putting on maybe 20 more pounds.

Hopefully someone knowlegable can get back to me... - thanks
    Sup, Welcome to the site.

It doesn't work like that with steroids . You dont want to harm you body doing you research ya know. Rather research first than when you have acquired enough knowledge about aas you can safely experiment..

Look into the effects of testosterone for starters , as most use test at around 300-500 mg per week for a first cycle..

Shit you want an experiment see what can be done naturally when incorporating the proper diet / traing protocols you could met your goals naturally.. You would be amazed how far you can go with proper diet / training stimulus alone..

Merc

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    If you are going to do a thesis on this, or some kind of other research study, I dont think thats a good idea. Of course steroids are scheduled drugs and are illegal and I dont see doing such a study being a wise thing. I cant imagine what the faculty at the University will say when they see your are doing something illegal. Dont think that will fly.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    What the heck?
    Your gonna get an F dude, no professor could in good conscience give you anything else. It's illegal, they couldn't approve it, or approve of it...they could loose their job.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    What the heck?
    Your gonna get an F dude, no professor could in good conscience give you anything else. It's illegal, they couldn't approve it, or approve of it...they could loose their job.

the school or the dept could have had him sign papers of responsible, but i do agree its very rare that a school would allow this.

Blog Entries
    What the heck?
    I called BS when I first saw his post.. didnt want to be an ass though..

Merc.

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Same here. I just see how you could do this for a school project. It would like doing some Rec drugs for a project on how much it slows your reaction times down. Its still illegal. I can see it now. But officer that pound and and 1/4 kilo is for a school research project.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    I called BS when I first saw his post.. didnt want to be an ass though..

Merc.
    Exactly.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    What the heck?
    my thoughts exactly....

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Ok so I'm doing a school research project, to see first hand the effects of testosterone /cutters/steroids on the human body.

No accredited institution would ever sanction such a research project, grad-level or other. As stated above, these are controlled substances which means the amounts you'd be using for "THE PROJECT" would necessarily be illegal unless you're in outter Mongolia.

If anyone can recommend a cycle w/ all the necessary tools for me I would be grateful..
    Now this is closer to honesty, just ask about running a cycle like everyone else.

So much for the "All steroid site members are gullible idiots" philosophy!
    GOOD LAUGH THOUGH, THANKS!
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

The project isn't B.S at all... It's research all covered by me, I'm not doing this through the institution at all. I'm a 6th year student doing this research independently with the help of a former professor. But access to the institutions equipment is all covered. Vo2 max, skinfold tests, Hydrostatic Wei***ng, and Bod Pod (Air Displacement) will all be administered throughout the cycle.

It's basically an experiment to see the distinct athletic edge steroids give athletes. So yes, as many of you have called out, it's not sanctioned by the school.. It wouldn't stand a chance. I am just trying to see how nutrition combined with performance enhancing drugs can turn a person into basically a "machine." And trust me I know plenty when it comes to diet considering i'm well on my way to a ph.d in Human Nutrition. Not all experiments have to be per se "legal."

I just figured someone here could give me information or point me in the right direction. I'm still working on finding my way around this site to figure out the best direction to proceed. Not so easy though. But someone mentioned "beginner cycles" so I think I'll start there unless other options are available.

I think it is kinda a crappy research project if not B.S. for the simple reasons that different steroids give such drastically different results, and your sample size is 1 (hardly enough to be statistically significant).

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    need anymore guinea pigs?

I'll gladly volunteer my services for guinea pigs, Just make sure ur shit is quality gear. And ur most likely not gonna gain 20lbs and maintain it off of a 3 mo cycle. Not lean mass anyway. Its kinda late in the year to be doin a cutting cycle newho. If I was gonna experiment I'd do a mass builder cycle so it'd be more worth my while. And welcome to the dark side, U'll never wanna go natural again....

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    We are all doing our own "independent research" here. Trying to legitimize your personal steroid use under the pretext of “research” is absurd. As you clearly pointed out there is an abundance of legitimate research available and your scientific method, from what I can gather, is seriously flawed.

mastersplinter is offline New Member
    Thats kindof a crazy idea. i dont know why doing a study like that wouldnt get you introuble especially with a university. I would think that steroids being illegal would be treated in there eyes just like any other drug. For example if you did a study on the effects cocain would have on the body over a 3 month period and then turned that in.

I think it is kinda a crappy research project if not B.S. for the simple reasons that different steroids give such drastically different results, and your sample size is 1 (hardly enough to be statistically significant).
    Exactly, you cant prove anything scientifically that way, statistics wont support it. You need a much more vast population size. So what you are doing could be considered a case study, but those dont carry much if any weight. What are your motivations for doing this?

Juicy J is offline Associate Member
    how about i be the guinnea pig, and u get me the aas

Huckster is offline Associate Member
    I'm surprised by the negative responses to this guy.

It sounds pretty cool if they really go through all that testing thoughout the cycle.

If you have been training natty for 10 years and are already in great shape, you must have a decent diet and routine. Depending on what your goals are for the cycle; mass, vascularity, strength, shredding, you should see great results w/ a Test cycle for about 12 weeks. Think of some goals and research that.

But stick w/something like Test E and maybe 1 oral. Plus ancillaries and PCT. But research. You will see nice results, with your background.

I would be interested in reading the final draft in your experiment.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    What the heck?
    exactly.
    bad idea, and its gonna cause/bring alot of unwanted attention to "OUR" community when u say "THE GUYS at AR said i should use the steroids like this"

Listen I'm not trying to give "anyone" a bad rap for giving me information. It seems like a ton of people here are ridiculously against this idea..

All I'm asking for is a little guidance from someone in the community who knows more than me about this subject. I'm not asking for you all to just rip it apart. If you don't want to help, don't. It'd be much easier for me if half of you just left your comments to yourself. If you can't offer me any information on the subject, find another thread that you do support.

The professor helping me on this research has been working with athletes and non-athletes for 40+ years. If you think research done at a university with illegal drugs is some kind of enigma, think again. This type of underground testing dates back all the way to Freud and Einstein. Do me a favor and read a biography on either of them and you'll see half their research was done illegally at universities. Weird huh? Educate yourselves.

I'm just looking for someone to give me a helpful cycle of some sort that is going to dramatically improve athletic performance along with building lean mass. I don't know how to go about so I figured I'd try and find someone in a community that seems to have a plethora of info. If you can't help me, please don't even bother to write back. if you can, your information and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

If someone asked me a question with nutrition I'd glady answer it to the best of my knowledge for them because I'm interested in the subject. Now considering you're all interested in the subject of performance enhancing drugs, I'd expect the same from you. A educated response to my questions, not a dumbass remark of how this "research" simply won't work. Because it will. And those interested in before and after "testing," I'd be more than happy to provide that to you in December.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Exactly, you cant prove anything scientifically that way, statistics wont support it. You need a much more vast population size. So what you are doing could be considered a case study, but those dont carry much if any weight. What are your motivations for doing this?
    Motivations are strictly nutritionally based. Professor and I will be experimenting not only with the performance enhanching drugs (PED), but will be experimenting with a pilot diet that hopefully will even further enhance the results. The diet is confidential due to the fact that it includes supplements and vitamins created in our lab.

After we have results with supplements, vitamins, pilot diet, and PED's, we will discontinue use for 6 months and then test again with normal diet that will be kept strict and precise once again.

It's research to see how fast and intense results can be attained within a 3 month period with this pilot diet.

That's why I would love different opinions on what PED's I should use for the cycle. Again goals are "Lean Muscle Mass gain, Athletic performance, Strength, and body fat loss"

Thanks to whoever helps

Quote Originally Posted by Huckster
    I'm surprised by the negative responses to this guy.

It sounds pretty cool if they really go through all that testing thoughout the cycle.

If you have been training natty for 10 years and are already in great shape, you must have a decent diet and routine. Depending on what your goals are for the cycle; mass, vascularity, strength, shredding, you should see great results w/ a Test cycle for about 12 weeks. Think of some goals and research that.

But stick w/something like Test E and maybe 1 oral. Plus ancillaries and PCT. But research. You will see nice results, with your background.

I would be interested in reading the final draft in your experiment.
    Huckster, you seem like someone (well, the only one) possibly interested in helping. Possibly could do this over email, since everyone else is acting quite butthurt over the subject. If not, I respect it.

Njord is offline Senior Member
    Motivations are strictly nutritionally based. Professor and I will be experimenting not only with the performance enhanching drugs (PED), but will be experimenting with a pilot diet that hopefully will even further enhance the results. The diet is confidential due to the fact that it includes supplements and vitamins created in our lab.

After we have results with supplements, vitamins, pilot diet, and PED's, we will discontinue use for 6 months and then test again with normal diet that will be kept strict and precise once again.

It's research to see how fast and intense results can be attained within a 3 month period with this pilot diet.

That's why I would love different opinions on what PED's I should use for the cycle. Again goals are "Lean Muscle Mass gain, Athletic performance, Strength, and body fat loss"

Thanks to whoever helps
    If you are evaluating a "pilot diet" why would you incorporate AAS into the eqation? Seems to me that would be impossible to determine wether any gains was from the "diet" or the AAS.

The project isn't B.S at all... It's research all covered by me, I'm not doing this through the institution at all. I'm a 6th year student doing this research independently with the help of a former professor. But access to the institutions equipment is all covered. Vo2 max, skinfold tests, Hydrostatic Wei***ng, and Bod Pod (Air Displacement) will all be administered throughout the cycle.

It's basically an experiment to see the distinct athletic edge steroids give athletes. So yes, as many of you have called out, it's not sanctioned by the school.. It wouldn't stand a chance. I am just trying to see how nutrition combined with performance enhancing drugs can turn a person into basically a "machine." And trust me I know plenty when it comes to diet considering i'm well on my way to a ph.d in Human Nutrition. Not all experiments have to be per se "legal."

WE'RE ALL ON THAT EXACT SAME RESEARCH PROJECT RIGHT NOW, AS A MATTER OF FACT THE SITE WAS FOUNDED ON THAT PROJECT!

I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32

WE'RE ALL ON THAT EXACT SAME RESEARCH PROJECT RIGHT NOW, AS A MATTER OF FACT THE SITE WAS FOUNDED ON THAT PROJECT!

Merc

Start a new thread asking for advise on whatever cycle you want to do and leave out the research part, this one is too tainted. I sure you will get some help.

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by: Smooth212
    If you think research done at a university with illegal drugs is some kind of enigma, think again. This type of underground testing dates back all the way to Freud and Einstein. Do me a favor and read a biography on either of them and you'll see half their research was done illegally at universities. Weird huh? Educate yourselves.
    Get real, you’re a grad student. Maybe someday if you finish your PhD, earn tenure, and become a world renown nutritionist the university you work for MIGHT overlook a little something here and there. Until then, any real university is going to demand their students play by the rules.

Freud also prescribed cocaine on a regular basis to his patients and thought it was a cure all. He took it at high doses himself on a regular basis and it was legal back then just so you know a lot has changed.
    Last edited by Kratos; 08-15-2007 at 01:41 PM.

What a classic thread!

I won't soon forget you Smooth!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    the research button on the top of this thread would be a great start....

J-U-icEd

Thread Information