Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm1 View Post
    cool, thats how i'll approach it as well.im not planning on any 19nors for a while, i'll never run deca again and im toying with the idea of tren but not for a while if ever..............
    thanks for the response and merry christmas!!
    Merry X mas to you also......

Merc.

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Letro has a half life of about 2 days... You would want to take it ED or EOD...

It can take 3-6 wks to reach steady blood plasma levels..

Merc.

Should it be frontloaded for 3-6 weeks before a cycle consisting of Tren ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY_WD View Post
    Should it be frontloaded for 3-6 weeks before a cycle consisting of Tren?
    I dont really think it needs to be front loaded... I do know alot of people that do start it like a week prior to doing a cycle at around .25 mg ED ... So if you want you can front load it for a week or so.. I have used letro on cycle , and I started it the same day I started my cycle , and I had no problems.....

Merc.

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    I dont really think it needs to be front loaded... I do know alot of people that do start it like a week prior to doing a cycle at around .25 mg ED ... So if you want you can front load it for a week or so.. I have used letro on cycle , and I started it the same day I started my cycle , and I had no problems.....

Merc.
    Thanks Merc.

I just finished my test/eq cycle and was runnning adex at 0.5mg ED.
    If i would have seen this thread before hand i would have definitely only taken the adex if i needed it. I was so worried about gyno. Gains were not what i expected and i blame this solely on the Adex reducing the amount of estrogen in my body at the time.

For those worried about gyno, IMO best to not use an AI during cycle but have Letro on hand in case signs show up. You will get much better results from your cycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY_WD View Post
    Thanks Merc.

I just finished my test/eq cycle and was runnning adex at 0.5mg ED.
    If i would have seen this thread before hand i would have definitely only taken the adex if i needed it. I was so worried about gyno. Gains were not what i expected and i blame this solely on the Adex reducing the amount of estrogen in my body at the time.

For those worried about gyno, IMO best to not use an AI during cycle but have Letro on hand in case signs show up. You will get much better results from your cycle.
    Yep .. Ai's can hinder your gains..... Thanks for your feedback...

Merc.

Blog Entries
    T.t. T

^^^^^^^^^

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    bump - great thread

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa95 View Post
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

aer_vlad is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting thread.

First, I have never done a cycle, so now you know where I am coming from. I have no real experience. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can.

From what I have gathered, and what seems to be the general consensus of others, running an AI or SERM (such as Novladex) should be discouraged while on a cycle for maximum gains.

The most sensible option, atleast from what I can tell, is to have AI and/or SERM on hand (letro seems to be most popular) and use it only when symptons, such as gyno, appear.

The problem that I see with this, for example, is gyno symptoms appear while on your cycle. You administor letro ED and the symptoms go away. Later, the gyno symptoms appear, and once again, you use letro to combat gyno. This pattern repeats for the duration of the steroid cycle.

Now, using an AI as mentioned above seems to work - except wouldn't the constant and dramatic fluctuation in hormones (estrogen primarily, not to mention the induced testosterone ) ... be detrimental to gains and perhaps exaggerate other symptoms?

I don't really know and am kind of taking a stab in the dark at something I have no experience with. It just seems really disadvantageous to be having the big ups and downs in estrogen and the effects of other hormones thereof.

Alright, well thanks.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no doubt about it Merc. Estrogen is KEY in mass building. Cutting estro just because "someone said so" is one of the problems with a forum where anyone gives advice. Parroting is BAD!! Cutting estro while bulking without needing to WILL REDUCE your gains. Ive ruined my fingertips typing to ppl over and over again... dont take medications UNLESS you need them! All the things you said about estro are correct for sure. IF you get gyno, bloat like HELL, try a little AI or serms. Read my sticky in PCT if you need to know what that is. ... IF your drying up AFTER you've bulked, maybe for competion, try controlling estrogen. If your bulking, estrogen will swell your muscles AND keep your joints much healthier! Its a powerful anti-inflamatory! If i cut estro, my elbows and shoulders got to hell, cant lift heavy. Only do i control it in PCT, or if i get itchy nipples. ESTROGEN IS GOOD when bulking! (again, unless your getting gyno etc) IMHO anyway.

~DB~
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 01-13-2008 at 03:51 PM.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Another little important thing about estradiol is its role in erectile function.

If you are taking any form of test with you cycle, and you are on an AI, and you are not getting morning wood, then you dropped your estradiol too low.

bump

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up GREAT POST and THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    There is no doubt about it Merc. Estrogen is KEY in mass building. Cutting estro just because "someone said so" is one of the problems with a forum where anyone gives advice. Parroting is BAD!! Cutting estro while bulking without needing to WILL REDUCE your gains. Ive ruined my fingertips typing to ppl over and over again... dont take medications UNLESS you need them! All the things you said about estro are correct for sure. IF you get gyno, bloat like HELL, try a little AI or serms. Read my sticky in PCT if you need to know what that is. ... IF your drying up AFTER you've bulked, maybe for competion, try controlling estrogen. If your bulking, estrogen will swell your muscles AND keep your joints much healthier! Its a powerful anti-inflamatory! If i cut estro, my elbows and shoulders got to hell, cant lift heavy. Only do i control it in PCT, or if i get itchy nipples. ESTROGEN IS GOOD when bulking! (again, unless your getting gyno etc) IMHO anyway.

~DB~
    Very well put Drummerboy! Also, anti-estrogens are un-healthy to take, they can make you feel really bad and they cost money that would be better spent elsewhere.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aer_vlad View Post
    Very interesting thread.

First, I have never done a cycle, so now you know where I am coming from. I have no real experience. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can.

From what I have gathered, and what seems to be the general consensus of others, running an AI or SERM (such as Novladex) should be discouraged while on a cycle for maximum gains.

The most sensible option, atleast from what I can tell, is to have AI and/or SERM on hand (letro seems to be most popular) and use it only when symptons, such as gyno, appear.

The problem that I see with this, for example, is gyno symptoms appear while on your cycle. You administor letro ED and the symptoms go away. Later, the gyno symptoms appear, and once again, you use letro to combat gyno. This pattern repeats for the duration of the steroid cycle.

Now, using an AI as mentioned above seems to work - except wouldn't the constant and dramatic fluctuation in hormones (estrogen primarily, not to mention the induced testosterone ) ... be detrimental to gains and perhaps exaggerate other symptoms?

I don't really know and am kind of taking a stab in the dark at something I have no experience with. It just seems really disadvantageous to be having the big ups and downs in estrogen and the effects of other hormones thereof.

Alright, well thanks.

Letro is very strong .. People seem to prefer using adex ( a weaker AI)..

No it is not going to be detrimental .. If someone is very gyno prone they should consider possibly using an AI for the entire duration of thier cycle ..

On the other hand people take drugs that they really dont need to take in the first place .. Drummer boy said it perfect.. Dont take meds unless you really need them ( see his post above )..

I have seen people do testosterone cycles using AI's for gyno protection , and then they run a cycle that does not include using an AI .. They end up never getting any gyno symptoms ( and they get a much better response to the steroids when dropping the AI (then have in past cycles, which included an AI ) .. This occurred due to the fact that they were driving thier estrogen levels down too low and , inturn , minimizing thier gains ..

So I have seen both .. alot of people that run an AI or SERM throughout their entire cycle to ward of gyno, ... As well as people that have an AI or SERM ( like nolva) on hand in case gyno symptoms arise while they are on cycle... And I have to say the diffrence in thier gains is amazing ... Like I said in my original post in this thread my friend that followed basically the same training and diet protocol when doing his cycles , and the only thing he really changed was doing a cycle with including an AI , and doing a cycle without using one.. The results were very diffrent .. The AI was limiting his gains ....

We are seeing this time and time again. Alot of people dont really understand the importance of the role estrogen plays in the muscle building process..

You hear over and over how estrogen is the enemy ( which is just not the case), and alot of people are making the mistake of trying to totally destroy it ...

I wanted to try and help get the correct info out to people because there is just so much misinformation out about men and estrogen that alot of people are unessarily taking an all and all out attack on estrogen ( without really understanding is its role) ..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post

~DB~

Good post DB .. Great sticky also ( I suggest everyone reads drummerboys sticky)......

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 01-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.

bump

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    This topic has been really enlightening. I am slightly gyno prone and at some point during my next cycle I will have an issue where I need an AI but this time i am not going to panic and just destory the estro. I'll ease into it and take the very bare min.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84 View Post
    This topic has been really enlightening. I am slightly gyno prone and at some point during my next cycle I will have an issue where I need an AI but this time i am not going to panic and just destory the estro. I'll ease into it and take the very bare min.
    Glad it was helpful ....

Keep us posted when you start your cycle and how its going ....

Merc.

^^^^^^

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

up up and away!

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    My wife is taking estrogen right now because her uterus lining was to thin. The other day she turned green grew to like 12 foot tall and through the sofa through the house and out the wall. Maby i should take a pill or 2 and get jacked up. J/K

But seriously i have told numorus people about this post merc. There always stunned when i tell them and always have to look it up for them selves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRob2001 View Post
    My wife is taking estrogen right now because her uterus lining was to thin. The other day she turned green grew to like 12 foot tall and through the sofa through the house and out the wall. Maby i should take a pill or 2 and get jacked up. J/K

But seriously i have told numerous people about this post merc. There always stunned when i tell them and always have to look it up for them selves.
    Many people dont understand the importance of estrogen in the muscle building process .. There is alot of misinformation out there about estrogen..

People have been parroting how bad estrogen is for so many years on the message boards .. Alot of people only hear the negative things about estrogen , and acually go on a all and all out war trying to destroy it ...

I read it over and over again .. Not many people point out the postive effects that estrogen has on the boards , and in numerous articles I have read ....

You will hear alot about how people like the increased strength gains associated with an increased estrogen level, but you dont really hear alot about estrogen's role when it comes to building mass ..

I am very happy that this thread , as well as my article that was published ( from the contest I won) were so helpful to so many people.. I get alot of postive feedback from people about it all the time ....

Since so many people have found it to be helpful to them I will be ( more likely than not ) adding to my estrogen article and putting it in our new magazine ( Muscle Evolution USA)..

Introducing Muscle Evolution Magazine USA

Merc.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information