exodito is offline Junior Member

Juice makes you smarter!

I was in my chemistry class today and our teacher was talking to us about how there are several studies where testosterone was given to patients, and well they just became smarter(same for women but with estrogen). I had to researched this and yea indeed this is true.

Has anyone ever heard this before?

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    i've also heard about studies like this. not sure how accurate they are. but males with low testosterone levels are known to have difficulty concentrating.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by operation****** View Post
    i've also heard about studies like this. not sure how accurate they are. but males with low testosterone levels are known to have difficulty concentrating.
    Focus is one thing, or even mental acuity...but he's saying that sex hormones directly impact intelligence/intellect. At least that's what I gleaned from the comment.

Great, we could all stand to be brighter and I'm sure Lou Ferrigno will be interested in this data as well. He, Hulk Hogan, and Sly should all be Rhodes scholars by now.

So where are these wonderful studies???
    Please post the links.

Thanks
    Last edited by magic32; 01-30-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    ^off topic but I really love your avie

I don't think that test makes anyone smarter directly, but it does improve your sense of well-being which in turn can make one think more clearly - thus being interpreted as "smarter". imho

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    BINGO!!!

yes I have noticed this also,, when I'm on a cycle I believe I get smarter.

I can definitely concentrate more.

I dont know about smarter..but I am definitely more alert, awake...etc.

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    IGF makes me smarter(retain info)

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    i findded dis artikle butt sumhow it sez the oposit....

A study by researchers at the Yale School of Medicine has found that high levels of testosterone can lead to a disastrous loss of brain cells. The research, published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, indicated that raised testosterone levels from steroid use or testosterone replacement therapy (used to treat male menopause) were enough to trigger neurodegenerative effects in the brain.

"Next time a muscle-bound guy in a sports car cuts you off on the highway, don't get mad, just take a deep breath and realize that it might not be his fault," said study author Barbara Ehrlich, adding that the highly aggressive tendencies observed in steroid users could be evidence of the alterations in neuronal function taking place in the brain.

Ehrlich explained that in the brain, testosterone acts as a neurosteroid and can induce changes at the cellular level, which can in turn lead to changes in behavior, mood and memory. In her study, Ehrlich showed that high levels of testosterone triggered programmed cell death in nerve cells. Cell death (apoptosis) is critical to biological processes and is characterized by membrane instability, activation of caspases (the executioner proteins in apoptosis) and DNA fragmentation.

"We have demonstrated for the first time that the treatment of neuroblastoma cells with elevated concentrations of testosterone for relatively short periods induces a decrease in cell viability by activation of a cell death program," she explained. "Low concentrations of testosterone had no effects on cell viability, whereas at high concentrations the cell viability decreased."

The overstimulation of the apoptotic function in brain neurons witnessed during exposure to testosterone has in the past also been associated with a number of neurological illnesses, such as Alzheimer's disease and Huntington disease.

Based on material from Yale University

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    LOL.. enough said..

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Do I wear the underwear on the inside or the outside of my pants?

Thread Information