luxur is offline Junior Member

winstrol to prevent gyno?

I was reading old posts and internet articles on winstrol and came across the hypothesis that winstrol prevents gyno. Any proofs of that now?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    I know it CANNOT cause but prevent it, how?
    That sounds intersting and DOUBTFUL at the same time.

By binding to receptors and competing with gyno inducing drugs for those recptors. I havent read any proofs yet thou, but this is 6 years old info so, i thought maybe there had been some development in recent years.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    It binds to the progesterone receptor much like nolva and clomid bind to the estrogen receptor thereby inhibiting progestagenic effects. It could be use in a 19-nor cycle.

Thats what i was reading, but there was no hard evidence or dosages. Mostly it was anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by luxur View Post
    Thats what i was reading, but there was no hard evidence or dosages. Mostly it was anecdotal.
    Yep, I have yet to locate any scientific findings or anything of that nature so you may want to bump for more opinions or answers. And BTW IMO deca and winny wouldn't be a great stack just reading info from others

Drake Hotel is offline Associate Member
    I've used win with tren to finish off cycles. I don't know about gyno, never had a problem with that, but... When I used tren only in a cycle, my HPTA was severely suppressed. As you may know this suppression, and 19nor gyno, are both caused by the progestagenic effect of 19nors. Anyway, I once finished off another cycle for two weeks with tren E 300mg e4d and win depot 50mg ed, and it didn't suppress me at all. OK, I didn't have any blood work done but as to how I felt, it was completely different from tren only.

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but perhaps it can offer some guidance anyway. Personally I wouldn't do win again, and consequently no 19nors.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    The theory is probably trying to say: Since proviron is a dht and so is winstrol , they will have similar gyno inhibiting properties. Is that true? Well, Id venture to say somewhat.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    It binds to the progesterone receptor much like nolva and clomid bind to the estrogen receptor thereby inhibiting progestagenic effects. It could be use in a 19-nor cycle.
    As BC says in his article.........
    There is no evidence that winny actually does this.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    As BC says in his article.........
    There is no evidence that winny actually does this.
    Yeah I believe I've seen a few articles though but with no evidence what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    The theory is probably trying to say: Since proviron is a dht and so is winstrol, they will have similar gyno inhibiting properties. Is that true? Well, Id venture to say somewhat.
    Since it's specifically winstrol that's mentioned as an anti-progestagenic AAS, I'm guessing it's win's pyrazole ring that's the explanation, rather than an extra hydrogen atom at C5

Another extract,(BC) now if only someone could find the clinical data.
    There is evidence that Winny does indeed bind to the progesterone receptor and its users do not indicate the normal characteristics of progesterone stimulation, which bodes well for these anti-progestagenic properties. There is also some clinical data that it does aid in symptoms that require progesterone suppression.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It helps mine just like proviron , the two together work very nice.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

They also say the same about masteron , which is a dht as well. I think they are on to something, but that something isnt going to be a breakthrough.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    winstrol has been shown to be a progesterone receptor agonist in the one study that looked at this effect.. i sure wouldnt count on its use as gyno prevention.

They also say the same about masteron, which is a dht as well. I think they are on to something, but that something isnt going to be a breakthrough.
    Really? If you have any more information on this please link, I'd love to do 19nors again but win ****s up my lipids which I'm not particularly happy about.

put Winstrol in a bulking cycle to lower chances of gyno and then having to take SERMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Hotel View Post
    Really? If you have any more information on this please link, I'd love to do 19nors again but win ****s up my lipids which I'm not particularly happy about.
    Why can't you do 19nors?

Here's one for you.
    (1) Rheumatology Research Unit, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hills Road, Box 194, CB2 2QQ Cambridge, UK

Abstract The anabolic steroid stanozolol stimulates the production of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and the matrix metalloproteinases collagenase and stromelysin in human skin fibroblasts but not in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. The basis for these differential responses was investigated at the levels of DNA synthesis and steroid receptor binding. Stanozolol inhibited fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-stimulated DNA synthesis in both the skin and synovial fibroblasts, showing that both cell types were capable of responding to the compound. Competitive binding assays indicated that stanozolol bound specifically to both the skin and synovial fibroblasts. Binding of stanozolol to both cell types could be partially displaced by progesterone, indicating that stanozolol binds to the progesterone receptor. Immunocytochemical studies confirmed the presence of progesterone receptors on skin and synovial fibroblasts. However, progesterone failed to elicit any response with respect to collagenase production in either cell type. Nortestosterone, dexamethasone and 17-oestradiol had no effect on binding of stanozolol to either cell type.
    These results indicate that the inhibition of DNA synthesis by stanozolol is elicited through the progesterone receptor. The effects of stanozolol on collagenase and PGE2 production are mediated by a different receptor, present on skin but not synovial fibroblasts, and as yet unidentified.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    i dont think your lowering the chances of gyno by adding winstrol

I thought that was common knowledge that it was used to combat breast cancer.

Why can't you do 19nors?

Here's one for you.
    text
    Thanks, but I was referring to Jiggaman's comment about masteron as an anti-progestagenic.

I thought that was common knowledge that it was used to combat breast cancer.
    I was indeed aware of that, but I thought that was because of masteron 's anti-estrogenic properties. I don't really know anything about the pathophysiology of breast cancer, so that masteron being successful (?) in treating it doesn't turn on a light bulb in my head that "gee, masteron's gotta be anti-progestagenic". I guess I know now though :P

Thanks, but I was referring to Jiggaman's comment about masteron as an anti-progestagenic.
    Oh i know mate, the abstract was for everyone regarding the clinical data to back up the anecdotal evidence of winny.

So why can't you use 19nors. I can't imagine a life without tren lol.

Oh i know mate, the abstract was for everyone regarding the clinical data to back up the anecdotal evidence of winny.

So why can't you use 19nors. I can't imagine a life without tren lol.
    I guess this is a bit off topic, but 19nors, or more specifically tren (I haven't tried deca ), shuts me down HARD and FAST. Took quite some time to recover from my first and only tren-only cycle. Tren + win was good though, as per the above

I guess this is a bit off topic, but 19nors, or more specifically tren (I haven't tried deca ), shuts me down HARD and FAST. Took quite some time to recover from my first and only tren-only cycle. Tren + win was good though, as per the above
    Gotcha mate, tren sure does do that, luckily not a prob for me i'm on for life.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Although the hypothesis is a sound one, it is false, that is to say the answer is "No, Winny won't prevent Gyno". Some DHTs, most notably Danazol and to a lesser extent Masteron , do have a gyno reducing benefit as cited by BG above with his Winny/Proviron combo, but none of them will effectively combat or significantly resolve (except Danazol) the hormonal imbalance at the root of gynecomastia .

RELATED CLINICAL STUDIES:

Jones DJ, Holt SD, Surtees P, et al. A comparison of danazol and placebo in the treatment of adult idiopathic gynecomastia: results of a prospective study in 55 patients. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1990; 72:296–298.

Ting AC, Chow LW, Leung YF. Comparison of tamoxifen with danazol in the management of idiopathic gynecomastia. Am Surg 2000; 66:38–40.

Bishop JF; Smith JG; Jeal PN; Murray R; Drummond RM; Pitt P; Olver IN; Bhowal AK. The effect of danazol on tumour control and weight loss in patients on tamoxifen therapy for advanced breast cancer: a randomised double-blind placebo controlled trial. Eur J Cancer 1993;29A(6):814-8.

Powles TJ, Ashley S, Ford HT, Gazet JC, Nash AG, Neville AM, Coombes RC. Treatment of disseminated breast cancer with tamoxifen, aminoglutethimide, hydrocortisone, and danazol, used in combination or sequentially, Lancet, 1984 Jun 23;1(8391):1369-73.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Thread Information