Thread: D-bol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    "Prolonged exposure to c17 alpha alkylated substances can result in actual damage, possibly even the development of certain kinds of cancer. To be safe one might want to visit the doctor a couple times during each cycle to keep an eye on liver value enzyme values. Cycles should also be kept short, usually less than 8 weeks to avoid doing any noticable damage." Page 77, Anabolics 2002, William Llewellyn

"While oral steroids are generally liver toxic, the reason for the toxicity is not that they're orally absorbed: that has nothing to do with it. They're equally liver toxic when injected. Either way, they are making repeated passes through the live, and will eventually be metabolized and excreted exactly the same number of times by either route. Namely once (unless enterohepatic recycling occurs, in which case it can be more, but toxicity again is equal.)
    "No, the reason for the correlation between liver toxicity and oral use is because most oral steroids are 17-alkylated, and that is the cause of the toxicity. Those oral steroids which are not 17-alkylated, e.g. Primobolan and Proviron , are not liver toxic and neither are T-17E or N-17E." Bill Roberts, T-Mag

"... and if there's a difference of one perhaps being a little more liver-toxic than the other per milligram, I don't know which direction that would be in. For practical purposes you can consider them equal I think, with the exception that aromatization of Dianabol gives methylestradiol which can over time lead to hepatic cholestasis, whereas this does not occur with Winstrol . (This effect has nothing to do with 17-alkylation, only with aromatization.)" Bill Roberts, T-Mag

Q: Bill Roberts stated in a previous message that he thought oral winstrol was no more liver toxic than IM. I'm surprised to hear this, and have to admit to being a little skeptical. Bill, if you are out there, can you please confirm that I understand you correctly. And, is this just your personal observation/opinion, or do you have some more substantial evidence to back it up? Thanks.
    A: "I don't have lab tests to back it up but it is the same 17-alkylated steroid either way, and the liver still has to metabolize it either way. It's not "being oral" that makes an oral steroid typically toxic -- if it were, Primobolan oral and Proviron would be liver toxic but they are not -- it's being 17-alkylated.

"Also Winstrol is shown in at least one scientific study to be liver toxic in vitro simply from being present in the serum, not from oral use, which simply makes sense. If it has to metabolize the steroid, it has to metabolize it... and the liver *is* going to metabolize every milligram that enters the blood, sooner or later." Bill Roberts, T-Mag
    Last edited by Warrior; 11-09-2002 at 01:35 AM.

Thread Information