hand/fist is offline New Member

Deca for shoulder pain and first cycle

Hi, I am 23 years old, 5'10 and 170 pounds with about 10%-12% body fat.

I have had shoulder surgerys on both arms and they are fine but still give me pain. I have done extensive reading on how deca will help lubricate the joints and relieve pain and I believe from all the reading I have done that this will help me out.

I do not want to take steroids to necessarily get big and gain muscle. I believe that I can do that on my own. However I am willing to do anything to help out my shoulders and get them as pain free as possible. I train very hard: 3 to 4x a week in the gym for 2 hours a day and 2 to 3x a week jiu jitsu practice and my shoulder pain is the only thing that is holding me back.

Any suggestions on some cycles that will allow me to see relief?
    Last edited by hand/fist; 02-25-2009 at 03:56 PM.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    well, a therapeutic dose of Deca is 200 mgs/week but there is a lot more to this than just taking deca.

you need to know what else deca is gonna do to you and how long you plan on running it

You should NOT take deca by itself without also taking at least enough Test to replace what you will lose as Deca WILL shut down your body's natural test production

You also need to research what you will need to take AFTER your cycle to ensure that your Test Production gets back up and running, This is called PCT

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    From what I see. I don't know if deca is gunna be your answer you might wanna hit the doc and get things check out good. If you have already had surgerys I don't think things could be too good

yes exactly, I know that deca can ruin your test levels so I am assuming that I should be taking some test-e with it. How much test would cancel out the negative effects of deca?

With what I have read Im assuming i should see improvment with a regular 12 week cycle of 200-300 mgs/week of test and 200mgs/week of deca

You could run 200mg of test with the deca .
    But if you have an acyual problem whatare you gunna do after teh 12 weeks when it comes back again if you can even get it to go away.
    And also you might put yourself into an even wosre spot once you stop. I notice anyway after running deca that my joints will dry up and hurt abit.

my shoulders are strong now. The surgery worked wonders but its the lack of shock absorbing material in my joints that just makes it hurt. I was reading another thread in the rehab section and it seemed to work for their post-operated shoulders.

if it comes back after then I guess I will have to live with it, if it goes away then life is great. I really dont have anything to loose.

if your looking for deca to heal it it won't but it may mask the pain well using it

interesting, I have read some accounts that the pain goes away permanently... Is this true/false or does it depend on the person?

Also if i so choose to cycle 200mg of test and 200mg of deca I should be okay using nolvadex everyday and 3 weeks of the usual clomid therapy right?

braer4 is offline Associate Member
    i have a bad shoulder as well, let me tell you it wont heal it haha, while you are on it it the pain will go away, i felt pain once while on my cycle, but once i was off the cycle, about 3 months later, up to and even now my shoulder hurts worse than ever, so...be careful

Im not sure about the pain going permanently away. If you chose to do this make sure you update us afterwards on how you made out or pm me. From what I know once the compound is gone so are the properties. At those doses I wouldn;t worry about nolva plus it will probably take away some of the effects of the deca on the joints. Check out our pct section in the forum

Quote Originally Posted by braer4 View Post
    i have a bad shoulder as well, let me tell you it wont heal it haha, while you are on it it the pain will go away, i felt pain once while on my cycle, but once i was off the cycle, about 3 months later, up to and even now my shoulder hurts worse than ever, so...be careful
    Thats what I would be affraid of. And I think that is the most likely out come

braer4 have you had surgery, how long has your shoulder been hurting for after the cycle and did you hit the gym harder that usual when you were feeling pain free?

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Synvisc injections into the joint can help BIG TIME with that pain your describe.

Ya thats what im afraid of to. So basically your joints will permanently dry up worse than before, after the cycle is over?

never had surgery, i prolly should go in and get it checked on, got in a bad snowboarding accident like 4-5 years ago and i had to take off from everything for about 3months afterward, then it started to subside and i started back into training light, then eventually back heavy, and it started to hurt really bad about a year or 2 ago, so i ice and heat, + joint supplements, then i did my cycle and it was amazing, i was shoulder pressing 100s when it would hurt to shoulder 50s. so i was pretty happy while on the cycle, but like i said, 3 months after the cycle, it is knarly

mcx
    Blog Entries
    http://info.synvisc.com/forms/knee_p...FSEgDQodgHIYnA

Im telling you, try this FIRST. I worked in orthepedics for a couple years doing injections and such with the docs. This is something they first used only on knees, but now docs use the stuff for elbows, hips, shoulders, almost any joint.

mcx
    Blog Entries

never had surgery, i prolly should go in and get it checked on, got in a bad snowboarding accident like 4-5 years ago and i had to take off from everything for about 3months afterward, then it started to subside and i started back into training light, then eventually back heavy, and it started to hurt really bad about a year or 2 ago, so i ice and heat, + joint supplements, then i did my cycle and it was amazing, i was shoulder pressing 100s when it would hurt to shoulder 50s. so i was pretty happy while on the cycle, but like i said, 3 months after the cycle, it is knarly
    do you feel like the pain is going back to the way it was before or is it still worse?

If you got bad shoulder problems its most likely gunna burden you for the rest of your life.

it was worse right after the cycle.....

Quote Originally Posted by mcx View Post

wow, looks impressive. I have actually heard of this before. I wonder if they do it in canada

it was worse right after the cycle.....
    but is the pain subsiding to the way it was before the cycle now?

mcx
    Blog Entries
    iTS BEEN OUT A WHILE HANDFIST, I dont see why they dont do that in canada. Its great stuff, many different brands, that just happened to be the one I was familiar with. Lots of people had instant results, lasting for 6 months or more. Safer alternative.

BloodyBillAnderson is offline Associate Member
    cortisone shot

yes....ive been working on it intense the last couple of weeks and yes it is subsiding to the way it was before.. but if you plan on doing this cycle plan on it being a b%%ch right after

mcx
    Blog Entries
    Cortisone wont help with "cushioning" the joint. Cortisone by definition is a steroid that breaks down "inflammation." Sounds like his shoulder is broken down enough. That may help with a little bit of pain if injected int he exact right spot, but highly unlikely.

yes....ive been working on it intense the last couple of weeks and yes it is subsiding to the way it was before.. but if you plan on doing this cycle plan on it being a b%%ch right after

k, I was just afraid that if i tried it, that the deca would somehow do permanent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mcx View Post
    Cortisone wont help with "cushioning" the joint. Cortisone by definition is a steroid that breaks down "inflammation." Sounds like his shoulder is broken down enough. That may help with a little bit of pain if injected int he exact right spot, but highly unlikely.
    Im going to seriously look into this. Thanks

mcx
    Blog Entries
    DO it dude. If your doc wont do it, find another one who will. Feel free to send en email to me, ive got quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.

my personal opinion, do the cycle, you SHOULD by now know what movements, or excercises upset your shoulder, so avoid those even tho it doesn't hurt when you do it on your cycle, avoid it still, start with the weight that you can do for shoulders while off your cycle, then start increasing slowly, dont push it to much and have fun adding pounds on your delts

JAMES-D is offline Junior Member
    Why not try an MRI before you f#ck it up worse, i had shoulder surgey and when they went in my bicep was torn to shreds. Its been 9 months and i still have pain i dont use any kind of pain killer or anything to stop the pain cause at least i know my limit. Dont want to mask the injury w/ cortazone or anything else. See a pain management doctor before you really hurt yourself and end up sleeping in a sling for two months AGAIN !! This is my opinion. J.D.

JAMES-D is offline Junior Member
    Deca is great to lube the area, your quite youg to have had two operations !!!

bmit is offline Member
    am on 200mg deca HRT and it helps my shoulders. Problem with steroids and shoulder is that your strength and muscle increases faster than the tendons and ligaments can strengthen. So as your poundages go up just make sure to make conservative increases in the weights you are using. Go higher reps.

Quote Originally Posted by bmit View Post
    am on 200mg deca HRT and it helps my shoulders. Problem with steroids and shoulder is that your strength and muscle increases faster than the tendons and ligaments can strengthen. So as your poundages go up just make sure to make conservative increases in the weights you are using. Go higher reps.
    whats your exact cycle? how much test do you take?

Andro9 is offline Member
    edit*
    Last edited by Andro9; 02-26-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    If you got bad shoulder problems its most likely gunna burden you for the rest of your life.

completely agree

Thread Information