nhl1 is offline Associate Member

First time sust 250 user. Seriously, why would I inject this stuff eod?

I've seen many baffling opinions and posts on this website, but none of them appears to be more so than this enigma - the injection frequency of sustanon .

Many guys say they stick test-e every 3rd day. To which I merely scratch my head and say, "odd, all of the research I've found indicates that the levels are at a stable peak until around days 7-10."

Not only has research apparently proven this, but also in my own personal experiences I've found once every 7-10 days to work magnificently.

The test prop shooting every 3rd or eod I can understand, but sustanon? Someone, please, educate me...

per steroid .com:
    17b-hydroxy-4-androsten-3-one
    Testosterone base + 4 different esters
    Propionate , Phenylpropionate, Isocaproate, Decanoate
    Formula (base): C27 H40 O3
    Molecular Weight (base): 288.429
    Molecular Weight, Esters:
    Propionate: 362.5082
    Phenylpropionate: 438.6058
    Isocaproate: 404.5886
    Decanoate: 460.6958
    Formula (base): C19 H28 O2
    Melting Point (base): 155
    Manufacturer: Organon
    Effective Dose (Men): 500-2000mg/ week
    Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
    Active life: Up to 3 weeks
    Detection Time: 3+ months
    Anabolic /Androgenic ratio:100/100

per steroidtips.com:

This drug is a blend of four testosterone components that have been found to react very positively together. This drug is fast acting and has a long life in the blood. A dose of 250 mg per week or 500 mg every 10 days is about all one needs of the Sustanon to get good results. Because of the blend of testosterones in Sustanon it seems to be recognised by the steroid receptors for longer periods of time than the previously mentioned domestics.

per steroid.com:

The advantage to this drug, according to the manufacturer, is that it can be injected once a month, and the different esters would provide different timed releases over that month, and the patient would therefore only need to visit the doctor once a month for his shot. For athletes or bodybuilders (who routinely use between half a gram and a gram of testosterone per week), this product is really no better than any other form of injectable testosterone.

Steroid.com then proceeds make a comment of something along the following lines though it is put into my own words. [sic]

Now, I understand if we are only looking to utilize the fast-acting effects of prop and phenylprop, we would indeed plug this baby every third day or so. But, considering 64% of the blend consists of isocoproate and decanoate, which would obviously give a slow build over the next 12+ days after the prop and phenyl, the question stands. Why would I want to inject this substance every third day?

Now, I am on day 7, and I just took my 2nd injection this afternoon. After days 2-3 I did feel... eh, not really a drop, but the raging sex drive to view women's asses as nothing more than objects with a crosshair on them, somewhat dissipated. Which of course, is understandable, I just started a new cycle and the prop led its fine little life and is now off to steroid heaven with the rest of its prop buddies.

So I'm assuming that the decanoate and iso is building up in my system, so why, why would I want to inject every third day when I have these long acting esters slowly building? It just doesnt add up to me.

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    to take advantage of the fast acting esters while the other ones kick in , and you will have more stable blood levels somewhat.

IMO , its not that you MUST inject it eod , its just recommended thats all. i once did a cycle of 500 mg susta per week and it worked great no problems

whatsoever.
    Last edited by SilverTest; 03-28-2009 at 02:27 AM.

BTK
    BTK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    to take advantage of the fast acting esters while the other ones kick in , and you will have more stable blood levels somewhat.

IMO , its not that you MUST inject it eod , its just recommended thats all. i once did a cycle of 500 mg susta per week and it worked great no problems

whatsoever.
    Basically if you don't shoot it EOD you are losing some potency of the test. There are short esters of test in sust that need to be shot EoD. If you shoot E3.5D the long esters will be fine but you are wasting the potency of the short esters (how ever much mg the blend is). If you want to shoot E3.5D that's fine but stick to Test e or cyp. You will then be receiving full dosage throughout the cycle allowing the test to be utilized fully and not to be wasting any of it. Imagine wanting to shoot suspension E3.5D, you wouldn't even ask about that you would know it's useless. Think about it.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^ Good points.

No one says you have to. But for the world of me, i cannot understand why someone would want a four blended test over a single ester anyway?

All is does is bring up stupid opinions about how often the injection schedule should be.

Despite the percentage breakup, 2 of the esters are short and 2 of them are long.
    If you dont wanna shoot EOD then dont. But i dont see why you wouldnt stick to Enanthate or Cyp!

Same with guys who dont mind pinning EOD or ED. Id say stick to Prop.

Either way, there isnt much sense arguing about this anyway, people will do what they want despite logic.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    ^^ Good points.

No one says you have to. But for the world of me, i cannot understand why someone would want a four blended test over a single ester anyway?

All is does is bring up stupid opinions about how often the injection schedule should be.

Despite the percentage breakup, 2 of the esters are short and 2 of them are long.
    If you dont wanna shoot EOD then dont. But i dont see why you wouldnt stick to Enanthate or Cyp!

Same with guys who dont mind pinning EOD or ED. Id say stick to Prop.

Either way, there isnt much sense arguing about this anyway, people will do what they want despite logic.
    well said

Understood.

I have always preferred cyp or enanthate , but as we all know, on the dark side, things don't always work out the way we would like.

Some sust became easily and cheaply available, and I was curious to try its effects. I'll stick to the once a week for now and see how it does.

I'm really not that concerned about the potential wasting of some of the compound. I intend to be on hrt for the next 15-20 years (till I turn 45-50). I think I can live with losing about $5 worth of test if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the replies!

Thread Information