Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    system admin is offline Owner

Exclamation **Attention Members** - Steroids.com will be changing soon... looking for feedback

Hey guys!

As most of you know, we have not long ago aquired our biggest domain purchase of our history (www.Steroids.com) We have designed a website to help educate kids and teens of the dangers of using as a place holder and will be moving that information over to steroidabuse.com (which is also ours).

I am looking for ideas for this very powerful domain name, but we dont want it to COMPETE with steroid .com... we want it to compliment. This is also a BUSINESS (a bad word to some LOL) so keep in mind it must generate a profit.

To start things off, I will give some of my own suggestions (just to get the ball rolling).

1. We could make it a website where people pay for a block of time and have their questions answered by knowlegable people. For example: A person would pay $X for 45 minutes with a staff memeber and they can ask whatever they want about cycles, stacking, coming off, diet, training, etc...

2. We could put together a number of e-books that people could download

3. We could turn steroids .com into a virtual steroid using bodybuilder and create a program that people could feed and inject the virtual bodybuilder and watch it grow LOL (like a virtual dog). Train it, feed it, inject it, rest it... and then sell ad space

Give us your thoughts and ideas! If you come up with a unique idea and we go with that... YOU WILL BE REWARDED

Thanks in advance to all who contribute!

hunterwells is offline Associate Member
    i really like #1, nothing is more valuable than quality advice, sometimes its on short order here....

Morgoth is offline Associate Member
    Just don't make the entire site pay only, keep most of it as it is right now.

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    i like the e-book idea. advice is usually opinion and everyone has a different opinion about everything

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I second the e-book idea, however newbs don't even read stickies as of now. I would use the e-books though and I'm sure many others will.

I don't know how much people will be willing to pay, but it would definitely help the site, plus it may start forcing some newbs to read.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    Hey guys!

As most of you know, we have not long ago aquired our biggest domain purchase of our history (www.Steroids.com) We have designed a website to help educate kids and teens of the dangers of using as a place holder and will be moving that information over to steroidabuse.com (which is also ours).

I am looking for ideas for this very powerful domain name, but we dont want it to COMPETE with steroid .com... we want it to compliment. This is also a BUSINESS (a bad word to some LOL) so keep in mind it must generate a profit.

To start things off, I will give some of my own suggestions (just to get the ball rolling).

1. We could make it a website where people pay for a block of time and have their questions answered by knowlegable people. For example: A person would pay $X for 45 minutes with a staff memeber and they can ask whatever they want about cycles, stacking, coming off, diet, training, etc...

2. We could put together a number of e-books that people could download

3. We could turn steroids .com into a virtual steroid using bodybuilder and create a program that people could feed and inject the virtual bodybuilder and watch it grow LOL (like a virtual dog). Train it, feed it, inject it, rest it... and then sell ad space

Give us your thoughts and ideas! If you come up with a unique idea and we go with that... YOU WILL BE REWARDED

Thanks in advance to all who contribute!
    I think those are all great ideas, but would #1 be any kind of liability issue since they were paying for the info? I'm completely ignorant about business/liability issues. I was just wondering.
    I definitely think a complementary site is a great way to keep a balance.....and generate revenue while providing a worthwhile service.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..and just to clarify, you're talking about changing Steroids .com, not Steroid .com (Anabolic Review)....Right?

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    I like both #1 and #2.

The one thing that this site is lacking is doctors and lawyers. When we do get a doctor on here they stay for a week then they are gone. I know there have been legal questions on here before and the advice was all over the board.

If people are going to be paying for advice, then I think that these 2 options should be included. You could charge more for these advisers, as they would be professionals.

Steroid .com is an oldie and a goodie and at NO TIME will I ever charge for it. We ARE talking about STEROIDS .com

Guys... use your heads and give me MORE ideas than the ones I posted

Thanks for the input thus far!

Bc

WE can overcome liablity with our lawyers BTW. The user would just have to e-sign a contract that the advise is for entertainment purposes and it is NOT to be used as medical advice blah blah blah....

The issue with that however is that income is limited to the number of hours in a day and to the experts on hand who know enough about steroids to keep it "entertaining" LOL

Bc

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    waivers are a wonderful thing.. when ever im at a bar n' some dood wants to get all fisticuffs with me... im like WHOA, whoa whoa.. hold on!.. im going to need you to sign here.. here.. here.. initial here and here.. and date here..

but #1 is golden

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    WE can overcome liablity with our lawyers BTW. The user would just have to e-sign a contract that the advise is for entertainment purposes and it is NOT to be used as medical advice blah blah blah....

The issue with that however is that income is limited to the number of hours in a day and to the experts on hand who know enough about steroids to keep it "entertaining" LOL

Bc
    Cycle and Diet generators. You can create algorithms to factor in all of the variables that people can enter. For instance, Age, Height, Weight, Body fat, Cycle Experience (1-2 cycles, 2-4, etc, and so on), Number of years training, and then once you enter that data (from a drop down menu), it will give you something like Test E 1-12 500mg/wk, with a full PCT and so on. And obviously the cycles become more advanced if someone enters they have done X number of cycles and X number of years training. The advantage also is, if someone who is perhaps 18,19,20 years old comes and keys in their age and training experience, it can recommend a "cycle" from ***********.com of legal supps, to lead the young user away from steroids to a steroid alternative until they are ready. And most of them would probably be none the wiser.

A Diet generator would be a cool tool as well, using similar algorithms, the user keys in height, weight, body fat, training goals, and the types of foods they prefer. Then the algorithms automatically incorporate the preferred foods and then shoot out portion sizes and all of the correct macro nutrient breakdowns. One of the toughest things for new weight lifters to do is design their own diets, to get the portion sizes correct, and with the foods that they want to eat.

Offering those two tools, you could incorporate other services, like the staff member Q&A's, to charge either a monthly fee, or if you get a high enough volume of traffic, sell the advertising.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    ^^^The diet generator is a great idea that godfather has posted. So many people don't have their diets in order and could possibly meet their goals with improvements there alone.

With so much free information available on the web, I don't think many will pay for advice. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't.

I like the virtual bodybuilder. How about a virtual "Teen" that shows what happens when you administer AAS to someone that is not yet physically mature. Shrunken balls, impotence. Tell a teen he might not get it up if he cycles and you will have his attention.

americanoak is offline Member
    im liking numb 3 lol

the godfather idea seemed like a pretty good one too

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Cycle and Diet generators. You can create algorithms to factor in all of the variables that people can enter. For instance, Age, Height, Weight, Body fat, Cycle Experience (1-2 cycles, 2-4, etc, and so on), Number of years training, and then once you enter that data (from a drop down menu), it will give you something like Test E 1-12 500mg/wk, with a full PCT and so on. And obviously the cycles become more advanced if someone enters they have done X number of cycles and X number of years training. The advantage also is, if someone who is perhaps 18,19,20 years old comes and keys in their age and training experience, it can recommend a "cycle" from ***********.com of legal supps, to lead the young user away from steroids to a steroid alternative until they are ready. And most of them would probably be none the wiser.

A Diet generator would be a cool tool as well, using similar algorithms, the user keys in height, weight, body fat, training goals, and the types of foods they prefer. Then the algorithms automatically incorporate the preferred foods and then shoot out portion sizes and all of the correct macro nutrient breakdowns. One of the toughest things for new weight lifters to do is design their own diets, to get the portion sizes correct, and with the foods that they want to eat.

Offering those two tools, you could incorporate other services, like the staff member Q&A's, to charge either a monthly fee, or if you get a high enough volume of traffic, sell the advertising.
    This would be a great idea and is along the same lines as what I would suggest. Also with the added option of a complete diet log program with USDA and user created foods and servings. This way one could keep track of their own diet or use a generated one.

im liking some of this! Keep it going

no idea is a bad idea guys... lets keep throwing them out there

hunterwells is offline Associate Member

^ holy crap this is the best idea yet....totally do this!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterwells View Post
    ^ holy crap this is the best idea yet....totally do this!
    2nd. That is a great idea.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member

x2,

alot of pros moonlight as nutritionist and charge by the hour giving advice by email or telephone. Submitting a photo along with a brief bio of workout history past cycles etc. This advisor could recommend a personal diet/macros given what the client likes to eat and has available to him. Advisor could even assist with supplements and even aas stack to help achieve these goals, for entertainment purposes only of course.

There are alot of inexperienced guys/girls with some extra dough who would use this service.

ty357 is offline Member

I think this idea will be perfect

i like the idea of paying $X to speak to someone that knows what they're talking about. maybe i could do it?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I have one i've been kicking around, but have not taken action on B...

A site that is dedicated to people that want to "augment" their training, but not in an attempt to get their pro card, but one dedicated to the "weekend" warrior, the guy that wants to be above average, but not the incredible hulk.

And yes that could be a pay section that would provide just what you described above.

The same board could have a "longevity" section for guys that are a little older, mid 30's + that want to grow strong and have great skin at the same time and have or not have trt recovery as the required coarse of action to live that way..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I like GodFarthers idea. You could also add where you could keep a log set up like face book where you upload a pic at the beginning of the month and at the end. You can invite friends and people can comment.

Business end you have a $19.95 sign up fee, person would get a Dedication T shirt (we will think one up, everyone likes a T for the gym) and a BF caliper. People can use the caliper for their logs. Now the monthly fee will drop down to $9.95 a month after.

Then people can pay a fee for personal training/diet advice from a qualified trainer which you provide and if they want to use anabolics they can pay for someone to set up a beginner cycle for them.

This could go as far as giving pre-comp advice, where they would post up pictures in their logs for their coach to see.

You could sell your supplements here, give members a member discount, you can get them on a monthly plan (make up x amount of protien/creatine/bcaa's per month for x amount of dollars. Members could vote on one person who made the best improvements and they could win a free supps or a free month of membership.

Try to make it like the facebook of BB'ing/Training.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BiggerByTheDay is offline Junior Member

Great idea. The diet generator would be used by me as soon as it could become available. No matter the diet experience, or lack thereof, professional advice is worth the money in my opinion.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Set up a website where they are tought to home brew and they must put in a certain amount of research about responsibly using aas and diet and of course it would cost them money and they get a legit source for "research" purposes of course. The younger users can be steered into creatine and legal supplements. Thats the reason people come here in the first placeis to get a source, not to learn about diet. There are a million china suppliers that are well know and trusted. I can name 5 off the top of my head. Lets give them what they want if they have the money. I know this is pushing the envelope but It would generate lots of money.
    Last edited by AlphaGenetics; 04-11-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Set up a website where they are tought to home brew and they must put in a certain amount of research about responsibly using aas and diet and of course it would cost them money and they get a legit source for "research" purposes of course. The younger users can be steered into creatine and legal supplements. Thats the reason people come here in the first placeis to get a source, not to learn about diet. There are a million china suppliers that are well know and trusted. I can name 5 off the top of my head. Lets give them what they want if they have the money. I know this is pushing the envelope but It would generate lots of money.
    Cant teach home brew bro, but still nice to hear from you. You may find it interesting to know that many of the people who visit Steroid .com have already found a source. They just want to know how to use the drugs they just aquired. We have to stay away from advertising sources cause that is a crime now.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    I have one i've been kicking around, but have not taken action on B...

A site that is dedicated to people that want to "augment" their training, but not in an attempt to get their pro card, but one dedicated to the "weekend" warrior, the guy that wants to be above average, but not the incredible hulk.

And yes that could be a pay section that would provide just what you described above.

The same board could have a "longevity" section for guys that are a little older, mid 30's + that want to grow strong and have great skin at the same time and have or not have trt recovery as the required coarse of action to live that way..
    I have learned that most people dont want to "look" like a monster (which I find so funny because they couldnt look like one if they f'n wanted to!) We have to keep these ideas for the MASSES. There is NO money in smaller niches.

Also, keep in mind that steroid .com generates a MASSIVE amount of money each year. We dont want to use the BEST domain name online (regarding steroids ) to make a few hundred K a year.... we must think on a bigger scale.

Keep um coming!

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I like GodFarthers idea. You could also add where you could keep a log set up like face book where you upload a pic at the beginning of the month and at the end. You can invite friends and people can comment.

Business end you have a $19.95 sign up fee, person would get a Dedication T shirt (we will think one up, everyone likes a T for the gym) and a BF caliper. People can use the caliper for their logs. Now the monthly fee will drop down to $9.95 a month after.

Then people can pay a fee for personal training/diet advice from a qualified trainer which you provide and if they want to use anabolics they can pay for someone to set up a beginner cycle for them.

This could go as far as giving pre-comp advice, where they would post up pictures in their logs for their coach to see.

You could sell your supplements here, give members a member discount, you can get them on a monthly plan (make up x amount of protien/creatine/bcaa's per month for x amount of dollars. Members could vote on one person who made the best improvements and they could win a free supps or a free month of membership.

Try to make it like the facebook of BB'ing/Training.
    I think its fair to say that we may use this idea as"part" of the new site Trouble is creating a program that is accurate and generating PROPER diets and traning for each visitor. I will investigate, but I have learned that nothing is impossible if you pay enough!@ lol Thanks guys! Keep it up!

FYI... we like god's idea.. so lets have some new ones! )

Quote Originally Posted by KZRSOIZE View Post
    x2,

alot of pros moonlight as nutritionist and charge by the hour giving advice by email or telephone. Submitting a photo along with a brief bio of workout history past cycles etc. This advisor could recommend a personal diet/macros given what the client likes to eat and has available to him. Advisor could even assist with supplements and even aas stack to help achieve these goals, for entertainment purposes only of course.

There are alot of inexperienced guys/girls with some extra dough who would use this service.
    No offense to the pros on this board, but I have seen SOOO many pros NOT know shit about diet or even training or contest prep. They are amazing as the work horse, but just because you look the part does not mean you play the part. Again... not stereotyping.

I appologize for my spelling in all of my posts... I admit. I just plain SUCK at it.

ModelInProgress is offline Female Member
    In my experience, what people are willing to pay for is what they perceive to be individual attention and coaching to help them and/or motivate them to reach their goals. In that regard, online personal training, nutrition counseling (aka diet), recommending supplements specifically for their goals (whether AAS, thermogenics, protein, BCAA, etc.) with dosing guidelines, and allowing them 24/7 access when they have questions on any of the above would likely generate the most revenue. A "store" that goes along with the site would also draw them once they are pleased with the site itself (kind of like alot of us use the stores that are at the top of the page since we are here anyway).

critical is offline Junior Member
    Redirect steroid .com to steroids .com or vise verse and keep the site like steroid.com is (with the forums and all). Make money by generating traffic, having sponsors, or selling things in an e-commerce store.

That domain name should used to further idea of this site and not be used to create something completely different. a powerful e-commerce store could generate millions in revenue. Think of something like bodybuilding.com. strong forums, articles and a great store, where they generate profit. that's the model that should be followed.

I think the homepage here could use a revamp though. Something more streamlined.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    no.2 is good.

theres plenty of vets and qualified members eg pharmdoc-cyrus,musclescience and doc.sust which could contribute greatly.

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    I-Phone application . keep it cheap though

Jaybizzle is offline New Member
    I think the Cycle/Diet generator is an exellent idea and what first came to my mind after reading this post but not in nearly as much detail.

The virtual Bodybuilder sounds awsome also, that would be SO much fun to use. Mabye you could also include a PCT for the bodybuilder and if they don't use any then they get the bad side effects
    And perhaps the ability to put your own face (or mabye somebody you dont like) on the Virtual Bodybuilder

Also paying a subscription to speak to knoledgeable people about Dieting/cylcing would be a great help to people just starting out.
    You could also reward the people who are willing to help out 'Newbies' with free subscription (as long as they meet a set quota of people they need to advise)

Be wary though, as soon as a lot of people see 'subscription'....they change the page. A trial period would be a nice way to counter this

Just building on existing ideas but thats all i got right now.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I'm glad the diet generator got such good reception, it's an idea I've had for quite some time. The truth of the matter is, that designing a diet is arguably one of the most complicated parts of bodybuilding/gaining weight. A person can go into the gym and train improperly, but as long as their caloric intake is sufficient they will see at least SOME results. I think it is a very realistic possibility of creating this diet generator, although it would admittedly be complicated. The advantage however is, that it doesn't JUST have to be geared towards bodybuilders alone. Cutting is an integral part of bodybuilding, and having the diet generator have the ability to design cutting/fat loss diets opens up the possibility to appealing to a much broader range of customers. Most people who want to "lose weight" that are not bodybuilders, usually have to rely on 'fad diets' and buying certain types of food which sucks, simply because they don't have the knowledge to properly diet for weight loss. These people are arguably even more lazy than people seeking to get into bodybuilding, and therefore would be even more apt to possibly pay for a service which will show them how to eat healthy and lose weight, without having to starve themselves or buy 'special foods' like the weight watchers program. Brian, hit me up if you want, I know a programmer who's a good friend of mine and owns his own business and currently doesn't have any big project, maybe you, him, and I can collaborate on this.

Cycle Generator- I think this is also an important part of the software. It can guide new users in how to use their drugs based on their goals. Additionally, you can set parameters that if the user is too young, or is under a certain weight, over/under a certain body fat percentage, then instead of the cycle generator recommending a cycle of anabolic steroids , it can recommend a cycle from the board sponsor BUY S TEROIDS. So, it would have a great effect of steering away people too young for actual anabolic steroids , into using the legal alternatives, and simultaneously generating revenue for the website.

Lab Testing Service BC could partner up with a lab service, to provide saliva testing kits for Testosterone ,Estradiol,Progesterone,LH,FSH, etc, and so on. You could market these kits, you mail the kits to the users home, they provide the samples, and mail them into the lab. Quite a simple idea, the website gets a percentage of the profits. "St eroids.com Testing Kit." For instance, you could think about propositioning "ANY LAB TEST NOW" http://www.anylabtestnow.com/Tests.aspx They are an independent lab testing company for people without insurance. They allow people to get a variety of bloodwork done without a doctor being involved. I think instead of just selling them adspace, it would be much more lucrative to partner with them and design your own "Ste roids.com Testing Kit" with the website logo and what not, and ordered THROUGH the Ster oids.com website, and maybe even shipped from the website, or possibly drop-shipped from the partnering lab.

Bodybuilding Ebay- - You could offer a service similar to Ebay, where members can advertise bodybuilding related things they have to sell for a small fee. Food scales, lifting straps, tee shirts, tank tops, muscle shirts, belts, supplements, and even bodybuilding memorabilia like old muscle magazines, signed photos, etc. You could stand to take a portion of the market that Ebay has with people advertising supplements there. Think about it, if you get 100,000 visitors per month who are STRICTLY weight lifting/bodybuilding/fitness oriented, that would be hugely enticing to people looking to advertise their bodybuilding stuff.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Where did this idea go?

Adding onto thegodfather's idea....have a drag down for what are you looking for bulking, lean muscle, weight loss....etc etc....and with the input of a bunch of members it would give the member a solid workout plan also....giving time spent in gym, workouts, time for rest between sets, sets, reps, testing for max days, time to take preworkout meal or shake, time for post workout shake

I dont know if you have this already but what about a small store .....You guys could come up with some t-shirts and hats at first to gauge it's popularity.....you could do ones with the logo or ones with a logo only members know since they dont want to advertise steroid .com.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information