Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    acidking is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Acidking, bro, so how does salt cause obesity again?
    read throughout the posts, it's already sorted, we're not going to go through it again.

felk87 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acidking
    read throughout the posts, it's already sorted, we're not going to go through it again.
    Yes that you have 0 knowledge about diet,training,and aas.and also that you shouldnt be giving any advice what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    If this is the look you aspire to then by all means eat like Lee Priest.
    lol that's not lee preist xD that's some nerd on steroids ... this is lee preist:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	priest13.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	119902
    don't go around posting random pics and attach to them bodybuilders names who worked hard for a good reputation, that's lame.
    Last edited by acidking; 01-31-2012 at 08:19 AM.

^^Can't tell if you're being serious or not but the pic FG posted IS Lee Priest and that is typical of what he usually looks like when he's not in contest prep.

seriously? ... that's awful ... but he sure knows what he's doing.

Dr. R. is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Acidking, bro, so how does salt cause obesity again?
    I've figured this out, finally.

To make this short and easier to understand water follows Na around while in the body (I'm sure most of you know that already) kinda like that annoying kid that wants to be your little brother or whatever. Wherever Na goes H20 will follow. That whole concentration gradient thing.

So a little excess salt, say like 10,000mg/day, will therefore make you retain massive amounts of water and be obese.

Of course you'll see this far before 5+ times the RDA of Na affects your cell depolarization and muscle contraction. Not to mention the ungodly concentration gradient in such a hypotonic solution would cause your cells to shrivel up and die, but not before you became obese.

LOL It's science people. HAHA

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    [QUOTE=acidking;5883046]lol that's not lee preist xD that's some nerd on steroids ... this is lee preist:

don't go around posting random pics and attach to them bodybuilders names who worked hard for a good reputation, that's lame.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever get tired of sticking your foot completely down your throat? Next time you call me out try to have your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. R. View Post

To make this short and easier to understand water follows Na around while in the body (I'm sure most of you know that already) kinda like that annoying kid that wants to be your little brother or whatever. Wherever Na goes H20 will follow. That whole concentration gradient thing.

So a little excess salt, say like 10,000mg/day, will therefore make you retain massive amounts of water and be obese.

Of course you'll see this far before 5+ times the RDA of Na affects your cell depolarization and muscle contraction. Not to mention the ungodly concentration gradient in such a hypotonic solution would cause your cells to shrivel up and die, but not before you became obese.

I know your comment is somewhat in jest but I have ran sodium up to 16,000mgs a day in the days leading up to a contest without any any issues at all other than a tongue that felt like it was sandpapered.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    I did, and I didn't get a real answer on this. I just read about somebody mistaking bloating for obesity.

Yeah, that just a little excess salt. HAHAHA.

I know your comment is somewhat in jest but I have ran sodium up to 16,000mgs a day in the days leading up to a contest without any any issues at all other than a tongue that felt like it was sandpapered.
    Well I can understand this. After hanging around for about a year I have seen many of your posts and know you have a very good knowledge of the human body and its nutrients, so I trust you know what you're doing. It would take more than just a few days for even that massive amount of Na to have dangerous possibly deadly effects.

But I would like to know, how do you make yourself intake that much sodium? I mean that's something like 7tsp of ordinary table salt, so it's hard for me to even wrap my head around that much sodium.

denverpride is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy

It was just some extra fluid from salting his eggs.
    That was funny

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Well I can understand this. After hanging around for about a year I have seen many of your posts and know you have a very good knowledge of the human body and its nutrients, so I trust you know what you're doing. It would take more than just a few days for even that massive amount of Na to have dangerous possibly deadly effects.

But I would like to know, how do you make yourself intake that much sodium? I mean that's something like 7tsp of ordinary table salt, so it's hard for me to even wrap my head around that much sodium.
    Soy Sauce. Jut FYI, I only run those amounts as part of a sodium load/deplete. I am no way advocating that much should be included in anyones daily diet.

Soy Sauce. Jut FYI, I only run those amounts as part of a sodium load/deplete. I am no way advocating that much should be included in anyones daily diet.
    Yes even with my limited knowledge of competition prep and such, I knew it was only for special reasons. You wouldn't last very long if your actual diet consisted of that amount.

I didn't even think of soy sauce for reaching that limit. It one of those things you've been taught to stay away from for the most part.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acidking View Post
    lol that's not lee preist xD that's some nerd on steroids ... this is lee preist:

don't go around posting random pics and attach to them bodybuilders names who worked hard for a good reputation, that's lame.
    Dude! Really? If I were you I would close my account on here and go join another site. For real. You should feel embarrassed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information