JonnyConcrete is offline Associate Member

Acne and steroids

This question may seem naive, but maybe not as I don't see an obvious answer.

If someone at my gym starts a cycle, or starts a new cycle I'd say 75% get at least mild acne on their back while 25% get it quite a lot worse.

With most proffessional BBers however, you don't seem to see any severe cases or even medium cases. With some you may see mild but nothing too bad. Is there a reason to this? Perhaps a product to run which will reduce the side effect of acne? Or are the pictures we see of Pro BBers just photoshopped? maybe some steroids are much more prone to giving acne. (Like high DHT aromising (sp) is linked with hairloss.

I've always been curious and these seems like the best place to post this.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Good question bro, I never even thought of this....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ofcoarse there are products to take..... accutane will completely destroy the worst acne while on cycle. There are antibiotics, creams like retin-a, lots of treatments. Just gotta do the research.....start with the link database thats stickied in this section of the forum. In there is another link for acne control.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BigGuy90 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, if you get bad acne do the acne treatments. I did not breakout from my last cycle I did, but everybody has different reactions. It all depends

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They are also running high levels of HGH. That helps your skin quite a bit.

Thanks for the replies, interesting point on the hgh!

BossMcBossBoss is offline New Member
    HGH, accutane, and all the bronzer they spray on will cover their acne.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    I was planning on running 12.5mgs of aromosin to keep estrogen in check witch I hope will help keep acne to a minimum.

I thought acne was from unstable blood levels, high estrogen, and bad diet related more
    Then compound related.

I wouldn't run an AI unless I saw signs of estrogen related side effects. Sore nipples etc. estrogen is a necessary hormone in men as well as women. Men obviously don't have it in as large concentrations as women. But lowering your estrogen as a men can lead to a whole host of problems. Including impotence. The inability to ejaculated. Reduce gains in the gym. Not worth it in my opinion. AIs have there place. But shouldn't just be run all cycle long for no reason.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by swm1972 View Post
    I wouldn't run an AI unless I saw signs of estrogen related side effects. Sore nipples etc. estrogen is a necessary hormone in men as well as women. Men obviously don't have it in as large concentrations as women. But lowering your estrogen as a men can lead to a whole host of problems. Including impotence. The inability to ejaculated. Reduce gains in the gym. Not worth it in my opinion. AIs have there place. But shouldn't just be run all cycle long for no reason.
    you need to do some more research. Yes you need estrogen and lowering it to much can cause some of the issues you mention. High estro can cause a long list of problems also. The point of taking an ai is to keep you levels in the normal range.And if you do you wont have issues either way. and going on cycle will raise your estro.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    read this
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.Tz_a_YH6KJo
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Tan in high pressure bed 5-7x a week and use the new Pauly D lotion....It's awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Thanks for that link. So has anyone had the blood work done while on cycle to see what effect doses of specific compounds would be as it pertains to different dose levels? I know it would probably be user specific but having a clue on where to start would be helpful. I'd rather have estrogen too high and not be experiencing side effects then have it to low. That article also pointed out the libido issues that can occur with to low estrogen. Not wanting to sound like a man whore here. But my sex life is very important to me. I have a wife 10 years younger then me and she has come to expect a certain degree of performance from me.

I ran letro one time on cycle and was able to perform. But I could go for two hours and never be able to ejaculate. I don't think I ever want that frustration again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer
    Tan in high pressure bed 5-7x a week and use the new Pauly D lotion....It's awesome...
    Good advise. I forgot about tanning. Personal experience was the cheaper tanning beds worked better then the new instant result tanning beds for me. I guess the light spectrum of the cheaper beds had a better impact on my skin.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I may have to try letro lol...

Revelations is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    Right!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    Lmao! It's really not as great as it sounds.

BokBok is offline Associate Member
    I must be soooooooo lucky! Doesn't matter what I take, never get acne at all... Well, that's a lie, I got 1 cyst like thing on my upper back once. Squeezed it and it oozed for hours

Oh, the comments about Estrogen are interesting. I have always run either Adex or Letro with every cycle.

Wow, bare responces

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    I usually tan once a week just to maintain my tan though. Wouldn't 5-7 times a week be awful for your skin in the long run?

I'm on 5iu/ed of HGH for 4 years. I run a Test cycle, I get acne. It was the worst on my first cycle. Acne capet front and back. I did everything from benzylperoxide soaps, dish shop, shower twice a day, tan, salt water bath, but the thing that stopped the acne was accutane. I know it's harsh stuff but it just stopped the acne dead. Now I do low dose cycles mostly for TRT and I get acne here and there but no more carpet. The thing that stinks is that the little acne here and there just makes my complexion look bad. I used to have really great skin but the constant nagging acne here and there is making the skin look blotchy. I'm still on HGH 5iu/ed and I'm wondering if the acne would be worse if I didn't take HGH. I'm not gonna find out. Overall, I'm more satisfied with my TRT over the frustration of getting acne.

BokBok is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyConcrete View Post
    Wow, bare responces

I usually tan once a week just to maintain my tan though. Wouldn't 5-7 times a week be awful for your skin in the long run?
    Any tan is bad for your skin.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for that link. So has anyone had the blood work done while on cycle to see what effect doses of specific compounds would be as it pertains to different dose levels? I know it would probably be user specific but having a clue on where to start would be helpful. I'd rather have estrogen too high and not be experiencing side effects then have it to low. That article also pointed out the libido issues that can occur with to low estrogen. Not wanting to sound like a man whore here. But my sex life is very important to me. I have a wife 10 years younger then me and she has come to expect a certain degree of performance from me.

I ran letro one time on cycle and was able to perform. But I could go for two hours and never be able to ejaculate. I don't think I ever want that frustration again.
    The long term affects of high estrogen are, as hard as this may be to swallow, far worse than temporary sexual performance issues. But in my opinion it just isn't an issue. Over the last several years I have always used a low dose of Arimidex throughout my cycle and my estrogen levels simply remain normal, and that is obviously what we want to achieve. If you're worried about killing estrogen levels to an unhealthy point, just know how much to take and how often for the amount of compounds you are taking, and in my opinion, stay away from Letrozole .

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    i didnt break out until i came off cycle..

tasKer is offline Junior Member
    personally my acne go away when i'm on cycle...but it come back during PCT when i stop to use totally....professional BB stay on cycle all year with bridge and other compounds (gh, igf1, t4, slin) so acne is difficult to have....

just my opinion...

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    pauly d lotion...lol

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    I would imagine that the reason so many people experience acne during PCT is as a result of estrogen rebounding after discontinuing use of an AI before PCT. Some people continue using an AI until their PCT compounds have had a chance to fully kick in, and I wonder if this would stop the estrogen rebound and accompanying acne.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyConcrete View Post
    Wow, bare responces

Yeah but wouldn't you rather live till your 60 all tanned, juiced up and living 60 quality years or would you rather live till ya 80 and be a miserable pasty looking ghoul?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Good question bro, I never even thought of this....
    Its really an individual thing. Some get acne some dont. When looking at magazines and photos
    always keep in mind photoshop and air brushing.

Yeah but wouldn't you rather live till your 60 all tanned, juiced up and living 60 quality years or would you rather live till ya 80 and be a miserable pasty looking ghoul?
    Fair doos, I'm considering using fake tan. I think I'm big enough to be called gay using it lolz.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by cro
    pauly d lotion...lol
    lol I was thinking the same thing.. that shit's for real? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    lol I was thinking the same thing.. that shit's for real? hahaha

Yup...it's the male version of the J-wow lotion

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    LOL! I like the way you think! Who the fvck wants to be 80 anyways?

Thread Information