DancesWithTren is offline New Member

Blasting & Cruising

Hello everyone

I am a competitive bodybuilder in the NPC looking to get to nationals. I've been told the only way i can step foot on that stage & stand any chance is to blast & cruise with very little time off.

I was reading Ronnie Rowland's Slingshot training & it seems like the consensus is to cycle for 8 weeks , come off or decrease dosages for 1 - 2 weeks(deload), & go back on a cycle of 8 weeks, repeat, repeat, etc.

I'm starting an eight weeker of Test Cyp, Tren A, Dbol . For the one to two week bridge, would just decreasing dosages allow for myostatin to return to baseline so i can hop back on another eight weeker and continue making gains?

For example
    Weeks 1 - 8
    Test Cyp 250mgs
    Tren A 50mgs ED
    Weeks 1 - 6
    Dianabol 50mgs ED

One to two week bridge
    Tren A
    50mgs Monday & Thursday, hop back on following week

Just trying to figure it all out.

Thank you in advance everyone.

History
    Age 26
    5'7
    191lbs 13% bodyfat
    I've been cycling for 2 years
    Played in organized sports(football & baseball) from 14 - 20yrs old. Bodybuilding training for 6 years.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Here's an eye opening article on Myostatin: http://www.jappl.org/content/103/5/1488.full

You can thank "Jimmyinkedup" for the "enlightenment"..............

I'm sorry, i read a couple of paragraphs & have no idea what's going on. I did notice this study was conducted on people not being treated with exogenous compounds that influence muscle mass...

What does this all mean?

Thank you

C'mon man, you have to try harder than that. Do you really want to understand what your doing inside out or do you just want people to tell you what to do to look pretty & win your next comp...................

Here's the summary of the article:
    "In summary, it is abundantly clear from the literature that myostatin is perhaps the single most powerful negative regulator of muscle mass during mammalian development. Homozygous mutant animals (31) and humans (41) realize marked increases in both myofiber number and size early in the postnatal period, resulting in adult muscle masses considered extreme. Based on the early seminal findings in myostatin discovery and characterization, investigators have feverishly pursued myostatin blockade or inhibition as a potential therapeutic in adult conditions of muscle wasting or atrophy. We report herein that myostatin protein levels quantified in serum and muscle, along with muscle myostatin transcript levels, do little to determine individual responsiveness to a resistance training stimulus for muscle growth in adult humans, including a relatively large cohort of sarcopenic elderly."

Allaaro is offline Associate Member
    I suggest you read some more of Ronnie Rowland's Slingshot training thread since you aren't understanding how to even setup the basics.
    Here is what I would do....IF I was going to compete and blast/cruise and use Ronnie's slingshot setup.
    Week 1-8 250 test-c per week
    Week 1-8 Tren -A 75 ED (525 per week or more) Dosage depends on how you take the sides.
    Week 1-8 Dbol 50mg daily
    Week 9-10, 250 test-c
    Week 11-start something else

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I dont think these dose levels count as a "blast". Seems like theres a complete misunderstanding on this topic, best to not venture into this world till completely understood.

stpete is offline Banned
    ^^^^ Agreed

I apologize man i see what you're saying.

This study would completely put the slingshot training system down to nothing though. Something that's been beat into us bodybuilders for the last few years that this myostatin is what keeps us from experiencing any new growth. As a result we have to increase dosages or come off completely, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Allaaro View Post
    I suggest you read some more of Ronnie Rowland's Slingshot training thread since you aren't understanding how to even setup the basics.
    Here is what I would do....IF I was going to compete and blast/cruise and use Ronnie's slingshot setup.
    Week 1-8 250 test-c per week
    Week 1-8 Tren -A 75 ED (525 per week or more) Dosage depends on how you take the sides.
    Week 1-8 Dbol 50mg daily
    Week 9-10, 250 test-c
    Week 11-start something else
    75mgs of tren A ed seems like a lot even for me. I gained fine off 50mgs ed my last cycle. I'm not one to rush into upping dosages, i like the lowest possible dose that gives a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithTren View Post
    I apologize man i see what you're saying.

This study would completely put the slingshot training system down to nothing though. Something that's been beat into us bodybuilders for the last few years that this myostatin is what keeps us from experiencing any new growth. As a result we have to increase dosages or come off completely, no?
    I know exactly what you're saying & how you feel, up until about a week or so ago, I too believed Myostatin was an evil nemesis until Jimmy posted the study I re-posted here. Like I said, It's an eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    I know exactly what you're saying & how you feel, up until about a week or so ago, I too believed Myostatin was an evil nemesis until Jimmy posted the study I re-posted here. Like I said, It's an eye opener.
    So has this changed your cycle design? Can i cycle past eight weeks & continue gaining?

Emerald is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=The Bear 79;6307545]C'mon man, you have to try harder than that. Do you really want to understand what your doing inside out or do you just want people to tell you what to do to look pretty....
    wise words I needed to hear, thks

Quote Originally Posted by DancesWithTren View Post
    So has this changed your cycle design? Can i cycle past eight weeks & continue gaining?
    Like I said, I just discovered this myself, but as of right now I'm staying the coarse, 8 -10 weeks Blast followed by 2 - 3 weeks Cruise then blast then cruise & so on & so on. I have followed this regime since March & made substantial gains month after month after month.

Keep in mind, the body still needs a break, regardless of Myostatin, it's not wise to just continuously cycle, that cruise is imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    wise words I needed to hear, thks
    Sarcasm???

Thread Information