1wheelr1 is offline Member

Synthroid T4 & fat loss

I've been on synthroid for about 13 years. Just wondering if synthroid (t4) can be used like t3 to boost the metabolism?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes. But larger doses won't be as effective as T3, since the conversion rate will no doubt decrease as the doses increase.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    Yes. But larger doses won't be as effective as T3, since the conversion rate will no doubt decrease as the doses increase.
    That's because ur thyroid converts t4 to t3 depending on the amount in ur system, similar to testosterone product, right?

-Chomp Chomp Chomp-Clink Clink Clink-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    That's because ur thyroid converts t4 to t3 depending on the amount in ur system, similar to testosterone product, right?

Pretty much.

Ok, I currently take 150 micrograms per day what would one pump that up to in order to boost his or her metabolism?

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1
    Ok, I currently take 150 micrograms per day what would one pump that up to in order to boost his or her metabolism?
    I don't think ur quite understanding...
    I'm sure bona will come in with a more detailed answer, but ur body converts t4 into t3 in ur thyroid. It will only convert as much is needed. So if ur body needs x amount of t4 to get y amount of t3, then it doesn't matter if u take 150 or 150,000mcg of t4, it's only going to convert to the amount of y. That's why taking t3 is more effective (if not taking gH), it skips the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

I'm sure bona will come in with a more detailed answer, but ur body converts t4 into t3 in ur thyroid. It will only convert as much is needed. So if ur body needs x amount of t4 to get y amount of t3, then it doesn't matter if u take 150 or 150,000mcg of t4, it's only going to convert to the amount of y. That's why taking t3 is more effective (if not taking gH), it skips the conversion.

I see said the blind man!! Thanks bro.... So, as for t3 what would a good dose be?

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1

I see said the blind man!! Thanks bro.... So, as for t3 what would a good dose be?
    Well ur body produces about 30mcg naturally, so I wouldn't do less then 50. It's really up to u to find ur sweet spot. I've played around with mine and I'm running 150mcg while bulking, shown good gains and helped keep lean in a 1000cal surplus. Work ur way up from 50mcg to assess ur tolerance. Once you've found the dose that works for you then u don't need to ramp up or down. Also, you don't wanna take it without aas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post

I said that the conversion rate may decrease at higher doses, but the thyroid is not sophisticated enough to convert only what it needs.

snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Stupid unsophisticated thyroid!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

Well ur body produces about 30mcg naturally, so I wouldn't do less then 50. It's really up to u to find ur sweet spot. I've played around with mine and I'm running 150mcg while bulking, shown good gains and helped keep lean in a 1000cal surplus. Work ur way up from 50mcg to assess ur tolerance. Once you've found the dose that works for you then u don't need to ramp up or down. Also, you don't wanna take it without aas.

Interesting.. Why is it that T3 should only be run while on aas?
    I'm thinking the answer is because your body will begin to metabolize muscle, is this correct?

Think ill stay away from T3 until my next cycle since I'm not running any aas currently. I just came off tren -a test-p and Winnie.
    I think I'll order some albuteral and keto this weekend, just so I can stay as shredded as possible all summer.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1 View Post
    Interesting.. Why is it that T3 should only be run while on aas?
    I'm thinking the answer is because your body will begin to metabolize muscle, is this correct?
    Yes, Cytomel is indiscriminate - doesn't care where it gets stored energy, and will do so from both fat and muscle reserves. Only run it with gear.
    With regard to Synthroid (T4), most of what is posted above is true. However, I and many bb'ers/athletes have successfully run it (T4) for fat loss, and it is also marketed for this purpose at numerous research chem labs. Although T4 is in fact a precursor of T3, this does not preclude its effectiveness at metabolic mitigation. The theory above is sound but false, because when run with respect to the proper ratio T4 becomes just as effective at metabolic optimization as T3. Thus, the metabolism (not the thyroid, which isn't producing this exogenous synthetic hormone) actually doesn't discriminate between the two, as postulated above. Remember T3 is 4-5x more potent than T4, thus the dosage should be multiplied by these figures, i.e. if you'd typically run traditionally safe T3 dosages of 50-75 mcg/ed, you'd run 200/250-300/375 mcg/ed of T4 to receive comparable metabolic effects.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32

With regard to Synthroid (T4), most of what is posted above is true. However, I and many bb'ers/athletes have successfully run it (T4) for fat loss, and it is also marketed for this purpose at numerous research chem labs. Although T4 is in fact a precursor of T3, this does not preclude its effectiveness at metabolic mitigation. The theory above is sound but false, because when run with respect to the proper ratio T4 becomes just as effective at metabolic optimization as T3. Thus, the metabolism (not the thyroid, which isn't producing this exogenous synthetic hormone) actually doesn't discriminate between the two, as postulated above. Remember T3 is 4-5x more potent than T4, thus the dosage should be multiplied by these figures, i.e. if you'd typically run traditionally safe T3 dosages of 50-75 mcg/ed, you'd run 200/250-300/375 mcg/ed of T4 to receive comparable metabolic effects.
    Very nice! Thank you for the detailed information. I'm constantly learning new things here.

Thread Information