Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need some good advice from seasoned lifters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armyranger516862006
    Anyone below 25 years of age should not even consider AAS!!
    Stop parroting this shit. Or show me a study. I feel that there's a big difference between someone who is 18-19 wanting to cycle vs 22-23.
    songdog likes this.

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    Stop parroting this shit. Or show me a study. I feel that there's a big difference between someone who is 18-19 wanting to cycle vs 22-23.
    I don't agree it's all about the endocrine system not being fully devolved.
    There are studies on this subject also.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Good solid advice
    Last edited by tigerspawn; 05-30-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Plenty of info available citing the fact that the human brain is not considered fully developed till an average of age 25. The same info explains the role of the brain and the endocrine system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

Plenty of info available citing the fact that the human brain is not considered fully developed till an average of age 25. The same info explains the role of the brain and the endocrine system.
    I know the role of the brain in the endocrine system. Where are the studies that say the hypothalamus and pituitary glands are not fully developed until 25? I tried running a quick search but couldn't find anything on the hypo and pit gland specifically. If you can post some the ill totally eat my words.

I realize that some parts of the brain are still developing into the mid 20s but does that include the hypothalamus and pituitary gland?

I know the role of the brain in the endocrine system. Where are the studies that say the hypothalamus and pituitary glands are not fully developed until 25? I tried running a quick search but couldn't find anything on the hypo and pit gland specifically. If you can post some the ill totally eat my words.

I realize that some parts of the brain are still developing into the mid 20s but does that include the hypothalamus and pituitary gland?
    No...in most cases the HPTA is fully developed during by the late teens I men. My concern would be less about the individual glands and more about the over all system development. The endocrine system works directly with the nervous system and releases hormones that effect every cell in the body. Excess levels of hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in the human body can have an adverse effect on the overall system.

For 1 huge example: GROWTH can be effected when increased levels of test are introduced into the system causing skeletal maturation.

Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth. [Endocr Dev. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Again..it's best to look at the entire system as well as how it relates to the other systems in the body, instead of just looking at the HPTA alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    No...in most cases the HPTA is fully developed during by the late teens I men. My concern would be less about the individual glands and more about the over all system development. The endocrine system works directly with the nervous system and releases hormones that effect every cell in the body. Excess levels of hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in the human body can have an adverse effect on the overall system.

For 1 huge example: GROWTH can be effected when increased levels of test are introduced into the system causing skeletal maturation.

Endocrine regulation of longitudinal bone growth. [Endocr Dev. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Again..it's best to look at the entire system as well as how it relates to the other systems in the body, instead of just looking at the HPTA alone.
    Thanks for taking the time to post this, Lunk. So obviously the introduction of exogenous testosterone is going to stop a young person from growing if taken at a younger age... I know from personal experience.

When we talk about waiting to run gear until 24-25, the main reason that is usually thrown around on the board is that you will damage your hpta's development and risk being on trt the rest of your life. What other systems are damaged other than the endo and skeletal system? You mention the nervous system; what type of complications arise within the nervous system?

Lunk - These are all just honest questions. You are a well of knowledge so I take advantage of learning as much as I can from you.

OP - Sorry to run off with your thread here! If I have any more questions, I'll just pm Lunk.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Lunk. So obviously the introduction of exogenous testosterone is going to stop a young person from growing if taken at a younger age... I know from personal experience.

When we talk about waiting to run gear until 24-25, the main reason that is usually thrown around on the board is that you will damage your hpta's development and risk being on trt the rest of your life. What other systems are damaged other than the endo and skeletal system? You mention the nervous system; what type of complications arise within the nervous system?

Lunk - These are all just honest questions. You are a well of knowledge so I take advantage of learning as much as I can from you.

OP - Sorry to run off with your thread here! If I have any more questions, I'll just pm Lunk.
    I sense sarcasm in the bold statement I'll do my best though.

I agree that I shake my head when I see ppl speak specifically of the HPTA when advising on cycle age. (Hell I used to say the same BS). I've come to learn that (like you mentioned) the HPTA is no more at risk for someone at age 20 than it is for someone at my age (40). In fact someone my age is less likely to recover full HPTA function than someone in their 20's.

Considering that the endocrine provides hormones via the blood stream to the CNS and the PNS one can easily surmise that any damage to the endocrine system could have negative impact on the nervous system. I would be specifically concerned about the CNS considering the nervous system coordinates rapid and precise responses to stimuli using action potentials. The endocrine system maintains homeostasis and long-term control using chemical signals. The endocrine system works in parallel with the nervous system to control growth and maturation along with homeostasis.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I sense sarcasm in the bold statement I'll do my best though.

I agree that I shake my head when I see ppl speak specifically of the HPTA when advising on cycle age. (Hell I used to say the same BS). I've come to learn that (like you mentioned) the HPTA is no more at risk for someone at age 20 than it is for someone at my age (40). In fact someone my age is less likely to recover full HPTA function than someone in their 20's.

Considering that the endocrine provides hormones via the blood stream to the CNS and the PNS one can easily surmise that any damage to the endocrine system could have negative impact on the nervous system. I would be specifically concerned about the CNS considering the nervous system coordinates rapid and precise responses to stimuli using action potentials. The endocrine system maintains homeostasis and long-term control using chemical signals. The endocrine system works in parallel with the nervous system to control growth and maturation along with homeostasis.
    So you are saying that over 20, the risk of not recover are weak. the biggest danger of it is to stop the growth? (Just want to be sure I understood)

If yes, I would REALLY like to have the source where you get that information. I really would enjoy that read. Thanks

alexistheboss15 is offline Junior Member
    This is what i'm thinking.
    All the studies i've seen point to the fact that 18 is fine to use AAS

Quote Originally Posted by alexistheboss15 View Post
    This is exactly what I would say if I was 18 too!
    Can you show me even ONE of these studies that say 18 is a good age to use AAS?
    Dougiefresh7707 likes this.

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexistheboss15 View Post
    Shouldn't you be in class right now?

Thread Information