Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: how important is diet really??

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet View Post
    I am far more educated than you, far more intelligent than you and will argue you under the table any day of the week.
    really

AD
    I'm not hijacking lol... im refuting the idiots that are telling the OP misinformation. Though ironically a few of the posts completely ripping into whey on the first page have now conveniently disappeared...perhaps out of shame due to the sheer idiocy contained in them.
    but you'll agree that it can only be used as a supplement, and not as a replacement?

toilet is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    but you'll agree that it can only be used as a supplement, and not as a replacement?
    This really depends how you define "supplement" and "replacement" as the distinction between the two is quite tenuous.

I would summarise my position loosely as follows; "Chicken breast, steak, fish, eggs, low fat milk, protein powder, and lean cuts of meat (i.e turkey) are all effective sources of protein and a balanced diet should include an array of these sources. No single source is better than any other per se, it all depends on your daily macro/micronutrients as to what is most suitable for you at any given time."

Chx beach 79 is offline Senior Member
    Toilet, all kidding aside. Are you practicing for a debate meet or something?

toilet is offline Banned
    no lol i don't do debating. Too long in law school results in you automatically arguing in a certain way.

Ah! Gotcha... So you debate for a living?

toilet is offline Banned
    noo not exactly lol. Still in uni... (or college as you call it). gonna be there 6 yrs :/ nearly done thank god

Well you are obviously going to be one hell of a lawyer!!! You can argue anything...(even if its BS) It is entertaining to say the least. I feel bad for the poor kid who started this thread.

skaz915 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSpread0 View Post
    Im just plying i know it is lol but it should be easy cuz im moving to a unversity so tons more buffet food lol
    University buffet food will get you the cals for. Sure but most of them will come from low grade foods and just junk in general, at least from my experience

toilet is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chx beach 79 View Post
    Well you are obviously going to be one hell of a lawyer!!! You can argue anything...(even if its BS) It is entertaining to say the least. I feel bad for the poor kid who started this thread.
    haha not really brah. There are so many out there better than me. I'm average at best. Don't even want to be a lawyer it is shit boring and they get worked so hard. It is just a useful major to have so I was like meh

I have a FCC attorney who works for me and he does quite well. But he is always just sitting in his office, with tons of paperwork. Definitely not for me, a lot of schematics...

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    I do too. As supplemental protein AFTER I already ate a meal. I'm not saying protein powder is total junk, I don't think anyone here is.. Just that if I got one meal power day and my choice was protein shake or chicken breast I will eat the chicken breast. Fortunately none of is are facing such a choice I hope not!

I hate to say yes some of us do have to decide ! I would be happy to show a before and after pic of me 8 mths ago . When I was drinking 24 "Diet Mountain Dews" a week and eating standard southern fried foods and a 12 pac of beer a week. I am 100% disabled and a single dad. Try living paying Ins, Dr. bills, Rent, Ins, and TRT + Maxiumize my food budget for smart food . So I have had to take a different approach !

I started by cutting out the bad foods ie. No fried food, no Dairy products, little bread just whole wheat or splruge and buy oat, no sodas , no red meat unless I can find a way to buy 98% lean, no Pork due to sodium , ! Hey anyone with a food budget of $400.00 for 2 grown men that have ideas I welcome them !

Whey Protein is a staple for me 6 35 grams a day with water, a Gal of water a day, Wholesale warehouse buy 6 dozen eggs for the whites, 40 lbs Chicken breast, 5 gal. of Almond Milk, 25 lbs Black beans as needed, un processed squash, unprocessed geen beans, un processed Brocilli, celery, lettus, 50 cans of tuna, Tiurkey different types when on sale, 1 box of Lipton tea a mth, 6 lbs oatmeal, when needed 25 lb bag of brown rice, afew misl, . Advise is welcome

I started on Oct 29 2012 at 260 and 6 ft tall I am now at 232. and have dropped 3 pants sizes and from a 2XL to an XL shirt. Goal = loose fat matain as much muscle as possible the guy in my AVATAR looks a lot like me could be my twin and he is 54 well will be in 2 mths and past that I agree diet is important but healthy food on a budget is a chore to purchase. I work a part time job and that money goes for food and supplements .

Please I welcome any positive comments and if you feel the need negative comments will be tsaken into consideration , as well as the source

Have fun guys rip me apart for sharing the truth . I for one would like more size but taking into consideration 54 and weight loose as much a goal as size I am not what I would call pleased with my size but I can live with it until I stop having this bloated belly everytime I eat anything ? Eating every 3 hours . I ride a bike many places because I spend money on food over fuel ? Decissions ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 07-05-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper

I hate to say yes some of us do have to decide ! I would be happy to show a before and after pic of me 8 mths ago . WhenI was drinking 24 "Diet Mountain Dews" a week and eating standard southern fried foods. I am 100% disabled and have a single dad. Try livingm paying Ins, Dr. bills, Rent, Ins, and TRT + Maximuize my food budget for smart food . So I have had to take a different approach !

I started by cutting out the bad foods ie. No fried food, no Dairy products, little bread just whole wheat or splruge and buy oat, no sodas , no red meat unless I can find a way to buy 98% lean, no Pork due to sodium , ! Hey anyone with a food budget of $400.00 for 2 grown men that have ideas I welcome them !

Whey Protein is a staple for me 6 35 grams a day with water, a Gal of water a day, Wholesale warehouse buy 6 dozen eggs for the whites, 40 lbs Chicken breast, 5 gal. of Almond Milk, 25 lbs Black beans as needed, un processed squash, unprocessed geen beans, un processed Brocilli, celery, lettus, 50 cans of tuna, Tiurkey different types when on sale, 1 box of Lipton tea a mth, 6 lbs oatmeal, 6when needed 25 lb bag of brown rice, afew misl, . Advise is welcome

I stared on Oct 29 2012 at 250 and 6 ft tall I am now at 232. and have dropped 3 pants sizes and from a 2XL to an XL shirt. Goal = loose fat matain as much muscle as possible the giuy in my AVATAR looks a lot like me could be my twin and he is 54 well will be in 2 mths and past that I agree diet is important but healthy food on a budget is a chore to purchase. I work a part time job and that money goes for food and supplements .

Please I welcome any positive comments and if you feel the need negative comments will be tsaken into consideration , as well as the source

Have fun guys rip me apart for sharing the truth . I for one would like more size but taking into consideration 54 and weight loose as much a goal as size I am not what I would call pleased with my size but I can live with it until I stop having this bloated belly everytime I eat anything ? Eating every 3 hours . I ride a bike many places because I spend money on food over fuel ? Decissions ?
    I just posted this in a other section, it might help!

Groceries:

2x grilled chicken breast 4.5lbs total: $8.67. (Marked down slightly because of new stock) this will last me 3 days.

1 bag mixed beans: $0.67 (store brand)

1 can asparagus heads: $0.89 (store brand) I like asparagus sometimes if I feel slightly watery as it is a natural diuretic..

1 bag yellow potatoes: $1.99. (2.5 lbs, so it will last me about 3 days)

1 can pork gravy: $0.99 (store brand) I get the cheap gravy because it is only 20 calories per serving and .5 g of fat

Remember the beans and potato's will last multiple days so I will divide the price in 3. Just to be conservative

As far as the chicken breast I always buy non frozen... I also usually buy the packs on sale, because their sold by date is coming up... It doesn't matter because I usually eat them within 24-36 hours...

Also if you are bulking you just add more rice and potato's, if cutting just lower rice and potato's...

Total for 8 meals: $11.65 Total per meal: $1.46.

There really is no reason to not be able to get the proper nutrition! I know people that spend more money at Starbucks every morning!!!

This is what it looked like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3212935042.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	619.8 KB 
ID:	141450

toilet is offline Banned
    I have a FCC attorney who works for me and he does quite well. But he is always just sitting in his office, with tons of paperwork. Definitely not for me, a lot of schematics...
    What do you do for a living?

@buzzard; good job dude. This is just my personal opinion but; I think diet sodas are one of the worst things on the planet and should be avoided like the plague at all times.

toilet is offline Banned
    This is what it looked like:

Name:	image-3212935042.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	619.8 KB 
ID:	141450
    looks good. did you happen to calculate the macros ?

I way out the rice and chicken: I have been doing this for a while...

Protein: 40-50g
    Carbs: 35-50g
    Fats: around 5

About 350 cals.

The gravy is fake so it is only 20 cals...

If I don't need the carbs depending on the time of day I just don't eat them, but they are there if I need them...

Quote Originally Posted by toilet

What do you do for a living?

@buzzard; good job dude. This is just my personal opinion but; I think diet sodas are one of the worst things on the planet and should be avoided like the plague at all times.
    Me and my family own a chain of radio stations in the U.S. 21 stations total.

toilet is offline Banned
    It looks quite filling for only 300 cals! At the moment I have like no appetite so I'm sticking to calorie dense foods. I eat nearly a pound of oats a day now that Im back bulking. I just pour water on them and eat them straight. probably not the best idea...

and wow that should bring in a lot of money^

What's so bad about diet soda? I don't drink many but I might quit all together. I have always heard differing stories...

It looks quite filling for only 300 cals! At the moment I have like no appetite so I'm sticking to calorie dense foods. I eat nearly a pound of oats a day now that Im back bulking. I just pour water on them and eat them straight. probably not the best idea...

and wow that should bring in a lot of money^
    Yeah we are in a good spot now, paid of the last station 3 months ago and we are about to purchase a new one in NYC!!! It is very exciting, the #1 market in America!... Just waiting on the damn FCC attorney to get everything approved! Haha

toilet is offline Banned
    Well I don't have any scientific evidence against it, so sadly I can just say it is my opinion but; I've heard horror stories of people who have consumed a few litres of it a day collapsing with heart attacks and having a heap of problems. Same with energy drinks; will not touch the stuff - had like 1 red bull in my life that is it.

Well I don't have any scientific evidence against it, so sadly I can just say it is my opinion but; I've heard horror stories of people who have consumed a few litres of it a day collapsing with heart attacks and having a heap of problems. Same with energy drinks; will not touch the stuff - had like 1 red bull in my life that is it.
    I figured it was garbage, just never knew why...

toilet is offline Banned
    I'm sure if we spent some time on google we could find some shit on the specific chemicals that are in it. But not much point really. It serves no nutritional benefit anyway so meh

Unless someone wants to argue it! Lol

Sorry OP, got of track for a bit... My apologies!
    toilet likes this.

AD
    What's so bad about diet soda? I don't drink many but I might quit all together. I have always heard differing stories...
    simple bro, just google "diet soda exposed", you'll get a ton of hits.

same goes for the whey debate. google "whey protein supplement exposed" and you'll find all the arguments you need

I am scared of what I might read! Haha

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    I use ON gold standard Whey powder because I need to take in 500+ grams of protein while on aas and 250 -300 just to maintain. But I tell ya after years of doing this is does not fill me up and make me feel anywhere near has good has when I eat one my my 5 huge meals everyday. I have made the mistake of over using whey and not feeling very energised when I hit the gym. I took some great advice from vets years ago and now eat pretty much the same different 5 meals everyday and I feel a millions times better and stronger. Whey has its place but it is no substitution for quality foods.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master
    I use ON gold standard Whey powder because I need to take in 500+ grams of protein while on aas and 250 -300 just to maintain. But I tell ya after years of doing this is does not fill me up and make me feel anywhere near has good has when I eat one my my 5 huge meals everyday. I have made the mistake of over using whey and not feeling very energised when I hit the gym. I took some great advice from vets years ago and now eat pretty much the same different 5 meals everyday and I feel a millions times better and stronger. Whey has its place but it is no substitution for quality foods.
    That's a lot of protein!!

toilet is offline Banned
    I'm sorry but you don't need 500 grams of protein lol. Unless you weigh like 400lbs or something...

The excess will just convert to glucose (or however it works)... expensive carbs brah.

Blog Entries
    Oh when I say $400.00 for a mth food budget that does mean pic and choose when to purchase my bulk items which are everything except Veggies and a few other misl stapels . I have lost about 30 lbs in 8 mths and I am nothing like the big guys Fit2bold, kel and Marcus but under all that fat were the muscles from many years ago and 10 year of non stop juicing in the 80's so the need for TRT. I probably need to change my % around I have been so focused on loosing fat and mataing lean muscle I have been at 75% Protein 10% Carbs and 15% fats and I am low on energy so I think I will change the Fat to lowest possible because IMO I am going to get 10% even if I try not to ?

I just have this strange issue of belly bloating when I eat carbs , or does anyone care to offer a reason for my bloating I eat 4 meals a day and 2 decent snacks and 2 small snacks pre and post w/o ? WHY DO I BLOAT AND THE NEXT DAY FLAT AGAIN ? Makes me not want to eat but I still force myself to eat ! Proteins do not cause any gas issues for me and I am leaning out very good and I have a goal of loosing down to 205 and be TRT balanced and then when under control do a couple of blast and get my size back because even now at my size I am noticed as bigger than average ! Dose that sound like a doable goal ?

One thing I do know is Diet sodas are posion for anyone attempting to eat smart ! Diet is a joke they just replace the sugar with chems and they really are posion to your body I went cold turkey on sodas and had 1 beer last mth

Blog Entries

PS . I have bad eye site . . . lol old man and I can't read the normal font if this is offensive to members I will srink it back ? Not intented to offend !

Oh an after thought I can't afford Greek low fat low Carb Yougart, but cottage cheese , and I think it was Marcus earlier who mentioned a couple of other dairy products as opposed to my o dairy approach ; sure would make some boring meals better

See I can't read this small of a font ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 07-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.

toilet is offline Banned
    Losing fat does not mean you cut fat out of your diet. You need healthy fats to regulate your metabolism. That ratio is totally whack imo... need more carbs more fat less protein. Excess protein gets converted to carbs anyway if my memory serves me correctly. Bloating would depend on what you eat really... sodium content of meals? Perhaps a lot of carbonation from certain drinks?

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    I weigh 250 now and this is my maintenance weight. When I start aas I use 2 grams of protein per pound. Works for me. And yes its a lot I agree but in maintenance I use 250-300 for 1 gram per pound . This is the diet program laid out for my by a man who is 320 HUGE and has given me a lot of good advice over the years. Since I started listening to him I made better gains then ever before. I also do a lot of cardio, probably too much for maximum muscle gain. I play hockey so I burn tons of calories.

Blog Entries
    Losing fat does not mean you cut fat out of your diet. You need healthy fats to regulate your metabolism. That ratio is totally whack imo... need more carbs more fat less protein. Excess protein gets converted to carbs anyway if my memory serves me correctly. Bloating would depend on what you eat really... sodium content of meals? Perhaps a lot of carbonation from certain drinks?
    No drink issue ; water Protein shakes, Ice tea, almond milkvery little processed food and I add no NACL , Protein does not convert to anything except Protein. Lack of enough Carbs would account for low energy level ? Very basic and boring meals chicken, tuna, brown rice, nuts , small amout of freash fruit in season possible a cup in a snack + portions of veggies ? I am probably off on my fat intake due to all the hidden fat even in tuna and chicken and turkey + the fat in nuts Almonds and spanish peanuts and oh I forgot some peanut butter say a table spoon with a snack ? So I am getting enough fat it is the carbs I am short of and carbs = energy I do eat am carbs and post and pre w/o ?

Keep in mind also I am only on 100 mgs of Testosterone a week and I have the metabolism of a 54 year old not a 27 or 30 year old and age does make a difference Oh one minor detail I am on prescription pain meds of 60 mgs of Oxycodone a day . I do have sever pain issues to deal with in addition to the opiates and my metabolisim !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 07-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    I weigh 250 now and this is my maintenance weight. When I start aas I use 2 grams of protein per pound. Works for me. And yes its a lot I agree but in maintenance I use 250-300 for 1 gram per pound . This is the diet program laid out for my by a man who is 320 HUGE and has given me a lot of good advice over the years. Since I started listening to him I made better gains then ever before. I also do a lot of cardio, probably too much for maximum muscle gain. I play hockey so I burn tons of calories.
    How tall are you and how old are you and do you take any opiates ?

swazte2004 is offline New Member
    I know that toilet has been trying to hide his pictures in hopes of hiding his stats, but I finally found it:

Name:	toilet.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	141466

Now we can all agree to disagree, laugh and move on... And toilet, so that you know, many scientific studies out there can be easily manipulated, which ends up with a biased theory. In the end, I suggest that you try eating healthy (just natural meals full of protein) for a couple of weeks and see the difference, not only outside but inside (feeling of well-being).
    Last edited by swazte2004; 07-06-2013 at 10:29 AM.

ChestNBack is offline Associate Member
    @ Chx is that all your meals for the day? or is that spread over three days? I'm just saying eating the same exact meal in one day, well.... Also I use to buy a lot of canned vegs and things but when my sexy roommate moved in she put me on to freash veggies. Yea cost more but you will get more nutritional value out of fresh foods use those processed canned and bagged foods.

I usually do fresh vegs also, but this last run I just did it as cheap as possible, so people would see there is no excuse for not being able to eat what is needed. I always here people say the don't have the money, so that was a example of how cheap it can be. I eat four of those meals a day and 3 other meals of my choosing...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information