Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got myself an abscess!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET

Got myself an abscess!

Hello gents. Need some help. Ok I shot 500mg test e on Friday and last night I noticed a hard lump forming on my glute. About a 3 inch area is a light red color and painful. Never had a problem before done several cycles all with the same protocol.

Is there anything I can do? I'm lost here and have zero experience with this. Any help would be appreciated.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985 View Post
    Hello gents. Need some help. Ok I shot 500mg test e on Friday and last night I noticed a hard lump forming on my glute. About a 3 inch area is a light red color and painful. Never had a problem before done several cycles all with the same protocol.

Is there anything I can do? I'm lost here and have zero experience with this. Any help would be appreciated.
    An abscess is an infection in the injection site, i think you'd have some swelling and inflamation around the injection site.

If its just a hard lump and soreness, it could just be that you injected too fast, or into scar tissue.Try massaging it to break it down, and see other responses here too!

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Did you shoot all the way in the muscle? I had a similar situation in which i did not and had the same prob your having, the oil accumulated between the muscle and fatty areas.if its an abscess ,and that size if your having fevers, hi temp, then a dr is probably what you need. Ive had a few smaller ones that ive toughed out.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Well I used 23g 1" into the glute like normal. I went a little lower this time than I normally dobc of the scar tissue built up. Definatly very painful and red and some minor swelling there. No fever that iI've noticed yet so good sign there. But it may be possible I did not inject deep enough not sure.

This time I'm just a little scared. Same ugl gear same vial I've used before. Went in very smooth with no pain thought it was a great injection. Not sure how I ended up in this mess. So possibly messaging the area would help break it down?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I have always used 1.5" into the glute unless I was out of them. I know this doesn't help you now, but you might consider switching to the 1.5" to get a little deeper in the future. Good luck and I hope it goes away soon.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Thanks man. That's what I used to use in the past was a 22 1.5 maybe ill go back to that in the future.

db11 is offline Junior Member
    If i where u i would go get it checked anyway for peace of mind I have had an abscess removed mate the doc wasnt happy i had left it so long as it grew I was sitting in hot water and giving it a hard rub hoping it would go away but it never
    The doc said if i had went to him sooner i wouldnt of had to have it surgically removed
    Get it checked hopefully its nothing mate
    Last edited by db11; 03-17-2014 at 11:35 AM.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn looking big chad!

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about the problem. If you don't have fever and / or the area is not really pretty hot and red, I'd give it a day or two. I had some serious PIP in my quad a few weeks back from not going deed enough and it felt like I had been hit with a bat for 3 or 4 days. Even had some swelling. Regardless, don't let it go too long. You know your body - if you really feel like something is wrong, especially with a spreading red place and / or fever, get it checked out.

Looking big, bro! Get better and good luck.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Thanks guys. Probably gonna see a doc tommorow. Been in bed all day. Losing mass I can feel it.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Thanks guys. Probably gonna see a doc tommorow. Been in bed all day. Losing mass I can feel it.
    If there's no fever wait. I walk around with lumps. Don't ignore but don't freak out either. Mine usually last 3-5 days.

If you go to the doc what happened? B12 injection ?
    JinNtonic likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    New gear? Warm to the touch?
    Used out of this vial before so no new gear there. Been usimg this gear for couple months now only had couple times where it had bad pip. Yes warm to the touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    If there's no fever wait. I walk around with lumps. Don't ignore but don't freak out either. Mine usually last 3-5 days.

If you go to the doc what happened? B12 injection ?
    Part of the worry is I just feel sick. Now I have had cold symptoms in which I went Thursday to doc and got an anti inflammatory shot there...I could just blame the injection on the that?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Used out of this vial before so no new gear there. Been usimg this gear for couple months now only had couple times where it had bad pip. Yes warm to the touch.

Part of the worry is I just feel sick. Now I have had cold symptoms in which I went Thursday to doc and got an anti inflammatory shot there...I could just blame the injection on the that?
    Test flu sick or sick sick? You got a shot in the same glute from the doc?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Test flu sick or sick sick? You got a shot in the same glute from the doc?
    No actually sick. No test flu I'm n week 10. And yeah same glute . Just my injection was lower than office visit injection. So if I am infected. I'm just gonna blame them lol.

And yeah Scottie that's a good point. Who knows at this point. But I'm way too scared to pull fluid out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985
    Used out of this vial before so no new gear there. Been usimg this gear for couple months now only had couple times where it had bad pip. Yes warm to the touch. Part of the worry is I just feel sick. Now I have had cold symptoms in which I went Thursday to doc and got an anti inflammatory shot there...I could just blame the injection on the that?
    With mine there was no feeling sick at all just large swelling , very sore to touch , bright red and shiny , and really hot
    Apart from this i felt well

Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985
    No probs good luck mate

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    New gear? Warm to the touch?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I had a lump like that in a delt injection once. After 2 days i got curious and stuck an 18g needle into the lump and aspirated as hard as i could. Nothing came out. 2 days later the lump was gone.

Lumps don't necessarily mean infection. I got a shot of penicillin in my glutes once that left a lump for 2 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Post back on how it goes bro

These fvckers always scare the shit out of me

Captncavematt is offline Junior Member
    I am familiar with a similar experience where the lump lasted almost a week. Ibuprofen worked wonders. So did 1.5" pins.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    might need some antibiotics and some NSAIDs. good luck

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    might need some antibiotics and some NSAIDs. good luck
    Thanks bro. Nsaids I got. Are u familiar with ciprolaxin. I'm also taking that

AD
    ciprofloxacin? yes, that should work.

not saying that its definitely an infection/abscess, but when in doubt, i always like treating it asap.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are going to take Cipro make sure you take 10 days worth it. IDK if it would be what a doctor would RX but if you have it make sure you take a complete cycle of the drug.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Uggg. I hate cypro for an AB. Kills my joints. It's well known to weaken ligaments so be careful lifting heavy while using Cypro

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hot compresses, get a wash cloth and a bowl of water, microwave the water then wet wash cloth and apply redipping the wash cloth every two min, make sure the water is as hot as you can take it!! do this for 10-15 min twice a day for two-three days if no improvement and it gets worse go see your PCP.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Thanks guys. Yep that drug kills tendons lol I read on the info. I'm gonna take it a couple days see how I do. If it continues to worsen then med treatment is inevitable. Thanks for everyone's help!

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I know one thing.. throwin this fckin gear as far as I can throw it lol.

AD
    how are you now, buddy? getting better?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    how are you now, buddy? getting better?
    Thanks man. Yes I think I'm gonna b ok. Actually went in to see a doc. Fllow up appt in morning. No incisions were made thus far I am on two antibiotics in which are giving me more sides than what I had but it is healing. Guess I will stop this cycle. Scared of my gear now don't really know what to do. Just part of the game I guess. Still unsure of what to do about cycle but I do think it will heal up. Just weird having a big ass knot on my glute. So we shall see what the future holds.

AD
    some of the guys with brewing experience may be able to help you with how to sterilise the leftover gear. would be a waste to just stop your cycle now. but health is definitely more important.

so your doc stopped the cipro and gave you 2 others? what are they?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    some of the guys with brewing experience may be able to help you with how to sterilise the leftover gear. would be a waste to just stop your cycle now. but health is definitely more important.

so your doc stopped the cipro and gave you 2 others? what are they?
    Wel I'm already 10 weeks in almost 11. Still on cipro also taking mitotocin. Honestly can't remember spelling. Don't have it with now but will soon check. I know I don't like them lol.

Sucks to bc I have A lot of gear left but if I ain't healthy then doesn't matter. I think I get better results with shorter blasts than long cycles albeit I'm not on trt yet.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Also having some severe chronic headaches that's concerning me.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Strange that it hit you so late in the cycle if it is your gear that is contaminated. Maybe some chemistry wizard can chime in.

Hope you continue to get better and the antibiotics take care of it.
    Last edited by Black; 03-21-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    You know - infections can easily be related to the bacteria presently on your skin - make sure you always do an adequate prep...and let that alcohol DRY before shooting.
    I know in the doctors office they usually swab it on and stick in the needle, but alcohol works by denaturing the proteins, and it has to be fully dry.
    Your gear could be good unless the bottle got contaminated along the way.

Is it better today?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Thanks guys. Yeah I'm much better today. First day I feel halfway normal again in quite some time. Doc wants to treat me an additional 10 days since my abscess is sorta in the fatty area. Its deep he said but not directly in the tissue. I don't know. Use same techniqe every time. Shit happens I guess. Def not using that vial again.

I know my source would say it was on my end if I confronted him. I'm not gonna bother. I'm glad I dodged a bullet and didn't set up staff or sepsis.

I believe I'm gonna be ok. Just gonna try and lean bulk and maybe drop some bf this summer. Just not gonna try and put in any more mass. Just keep a clean symmetrical look with some decent size and ill be happy.

Appreciate all responses and help in my time of need.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Glad to hear you're betting better. Smart move going to the doc before it got out of hand. Happy training!

Blog Entries
    Dang bro - Hope you're good

Still what a mind fvck - out of nowhere like that

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    If you still have vials from the same batch left over and are gonna use them, looking into getting a pressure cooker.

Thread Information