Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Holmbrah is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20

    Lifting after having blood drawn?

    Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question. But, today i had my blood drawn to find out my free and total test at the doc. I know a lot of you have these tests frequently. When should i be able to lift again without having to worry? Its quite swollen around the part where she pinned, hurts as well

  2. #2
    thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    386
    I wait about 3 hours, then carry on lifting as normal.

  3. #3
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmbrah View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question. But, today i had my blood drawn to find out my free and total test at the doc. I know a lot of you have these tests frequently. When should i be able to lift again without having to worry? Its quite swollen around the part where she pinned, hurts as well
    Either a bad job or you got bad veins?

    If it hurts dont lift, do leg workout maybe?

  4. #4
    fit2bOld's Avatar
    fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    grillin chicken
    Posts
    4,475
    Not unusual to get some bruising from a blood draw its blood that has collected under the skin outside the vein and will dissipate. You can workout in as stated above in a few hours but be sure to eat.
    If you had given a full pint wait till the next day to exercise.

  5. #5
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmbrah View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question. But, today i had my blood drawn to find out my free and total test at the doc. I know a lot of you have these tests frequently. When should i be able to lift again without having to worry? Its quite swollen around the part where she pinned, hurts as well
    I've done this a few times. I've noticed cramping that was out of the ordinary. Possibly due to fluid loss. 2x RBC (haven't done it yet) may have a milder effect on me. But it is a pattern (the cramping) so I avoid lifting within 24 hours of donating.

  6. #6
    magic32's Avatar
    magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I've done this a few times. I've noticed cramping that was out of the ordinary. Possibly due to fluid loss. 2x RBC (haven't done it yet) may have a milder effect on me. But it is a pattern (the cramping) so I avoid lifting within 24 hours of donating.
    Similarly, and due mostly to curiosity...I gave around 1pm, then lifted around 7pm (permitting plenty of time for the injection spot to clot and seal - the primary reason they gave me for not lifting). I noticed markedly reduced energy and strength, along with slight lightheadedness. Needlesstosay, I knocked off early...but gained some valuable perspective...which was after all, what I sought. I agree with Roman, give it a day.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan



    My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

    I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!


    Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700


    Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life


    DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144


    BE CAREFUL!

  7. #7
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    I lift after giving a pint about 4 hours and I usually get winded more easily

  8. #8
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    You can lift anytime after a blood draw for just test and free test. That's barely any volume. 1 pint + and you can start considering waiting 4 to 6 hours to train. Even then, it's not that bad. Personally, I just train the next day after a pint+ is drawn. But blood tests? Even the most extensive tests that require several tubes drawn do little to no impact. The volume is negligible.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  9. #9
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    You can lift anytime after a blood draw for just test and free test. That's barely any volume. 1 pint + and you can start considering waiting 4 to 6 hours to train. Even then, it's not that bad. Personally, I just train the next day after a pint+ is drawn. But blood tests? Even the most extensive tests that require several tubes drawn do little to no impact. The volume is negligible.
    was thinking the same thing

  10. #10
    lzicc's Avatar
    lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    1,203
    I have blood test done regularly and lift that same day. When I have a pint taken out, I usually wait for about 8 hours before working out just so the draw site can heal up. They use a big needle when taking a pint out. I do get winded easy for the next few days after having a pint taken out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •