Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: sore nipples

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Can you list today's workout, seems waaaaay too long.
    ^^^ this how can you lift that long(not very intensely that's for sure) My weight sessions are usually no more than 45-50 min and 50min is pushing it... You can't possibly sustain the type of intensity it takes if your lifting for 90min - meaning your taking lots of time in between sets cery low intensity and definitely not recruiting any type 2b muscle fibers if you are lifting...

Check out our diet/& workout & training sections

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    ^ x2
    The best workouts I ever have are in the 30-45 minute range, I never exceed an hour of resistance training.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    ^ x2
    The best workouts I ever have are in the 30-45 minute range, I never exceed an hour of resistance training.
    Drew, I ususlly avg say 36-44 min(HIT)... Yours Sounds very similar / & just as intense

dubrovin1012 is offline Associate Member
    Cable lats
    Free weight machine lats
    Free weight machine upper back
    X4 each
    Cable upper back
    Bent over bar pull up
    Wide grip pull ups
    Dumbell curls
    Cable curls
    Cable hammer curls
    Dumbbell hammer curls
    X2 each

Traps X4

During my workout I'm sweating so is pretty intense.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    Cable lats
    Free weight machine lats
    Free weight machine upper back
    X4 each
    Cable upper back
    Bent over bar pull up
    Wide grip pull ups
    Dumbell curls
    Cable curls
    Cable hammer curls
    Dumbbell hammer curls
    X2 each

Traps X4

During my workout I'm sweating so is pretty intense.
    Wayyy to many sets - I can achieve the same thing w/4 exercises in half the sets(1 balls out set into failure then drop sets for beyond failure protocol-force reps negs Rest pauses - I'm still new to this but it's been the best training I've ever did and will only do...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ
    ^ x2 The best workouts I ever have are in the 30-45 minute range, I never exceed an hour of resistance training.
    That's debatable guys and by no means written in stone. HIT is effective and a PL style routine requiring more rest can and has for me packed on plenty of size. I think OP has jumped the gun with cycling before he has built a solid base however .

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Wayyy to many sets - I can achieve the same thing w/4 exercises in half the sets(1 balls out set into failure then drop sets for beyond failure protocol-force reps negs Rest pauses - I'm still new to this but it's been the best training I've ever did and will only do...
    I do drop sets also. My workout is a mixture of all. From what I get more is better when you on roids.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    That's debatable guys and by no means written in stone. HIT is effective and a PL style routine requiring more rest can and has for me packed on plenty of size. I think OP has jumped the gun with cycling before he has built a solid base however .
    Buster, no one said PL training doesn't work well... Everyone's different and PL routines(although I wasn't at my best) made me very strong as well as to be able to hold more mass(but that's just not my thing now) however I would love to try a real PL routine out and I'm all ears if you want to explain it to me!

OP - all I can say is your program/& diet will dictate your gains whether your doing periodization training, HIT, whatever but I think getting a routine and sticking w/it for 6-9(at most)wks and if the results aren't there it's time to switch it up...

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Buster, no one said PL training doesn't work well... Everyone's different and PL routines(although I wasn't at my best) made me very strong as well as to be able to hold more mass(but that's just not my thing now) however I would love to try a real PL routine out and I'm all ears if you want to explain it to me! OP - all I can say is your program/& diet will dictate your gains whether your doing periodization training, HIT, whatever but I think getting a routine and sticking w/it for 6-9(at most)wks and if the results aren't there it's time to switch it up...
    I wasn't implying that anyone said they didn't work. My point was more in reference to the amount of time spent in the gym....that's all which a style that's more PL based would require. Me personally.......I like being a stronger bodybuilder and train in both styles. I also feel that training in that fashion forces you to develop better.......but that's me.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I wasn't implying that anyone said they didn't work. My point was more in reference to the amount of time spent in the gym....that's all which a style that's more PL based would require. Me personally.......I like being a stronger bodybuilder and train in both styles. I also feel that training in that fashion forces you to develop better.......but that's me.
    I agree w/you... i just didn't want you to think that it's the only way b/c clearly yhere is a great balance between the two... I just was never fortunate enough to train w/or even know a true PL until I came to this site lol! I would love to implement this type of training(or a combo) in the winter time moreso for true bulking! Thx for sharing and like I said I would love to hear from you sometime regarding a good PL routine

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrovin1012 View Post
    I'm thin boned. I used to be 115 with Lil bit of muscle. I got up to 145 naturally.
    No, he's not my dealer.
    You know I have to LOL every time I see a statement like this. Sorry to say but for the most part skeleton bones are pretty much the same size/thickness dependent on age and no bone disease. In all this time only one (1) big boned skeleton has ever been found.
    First "Big-Boned" skeleton discovered | Surreal Scoop

Bone size/diameter is based on your overall size/height and has nothing or VERY little to do with weight, fat or muscle mass

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember watching one of those celebrity shows about fatties having to lose weight. Some fat fuk was using the big boned excuse. Well they did a bone density measurement against the trainer and fat boy, the trainer was in good shape, not huge but fit. The trainer had significantly more bone density and size compared to fatty, so his excuse went straight out the window. Big boned is no excuse for being fat, laziness and poor self control are.
    lovbyts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

You know I have to LOL every time I see a statement like this. Sorry to say but for the most part skeleton bones are pretty much the same size/thickness dependent on age and no bone disease. In all this time only one (1) big boned skeleton has ever been found.
    First "Big-Boned" skeleton discovered | Surreal Scoop

Bone size/diameter is based on your overall size/height and has nothing or VERY little to do with weight, fat or muscle mass
    Well I have a small overall size.
    My wrist, ankles, everything (except for my dick of course) is allot thinner than average guy.
    Last edited by dubrovin1012; 06-08-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information