Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Flexyourpecs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4

    DBOL - abdominal pain?

    Three weeks into a cycle here - 2cc of test and 1 of deca a week, with 30mgs of dbol a day. Since yesterday afternoon, I've had some discomfort in my upper right abdomen. Nothing dehabilitating but it's my first time on dbol and I'm wondering if anyone's had a similar experience? I was thinking about stopping it even though I was supposed to be on it for another three weeks.

  2. #2
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    Right upper abdomen is predominantly liver, I would rule out that as an issue first. Blood work showing liver enzymes might be helpful as well. It may not be the liver, but it's a possibility I want to rule out.

  3. #3
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Liver or gallblader, like Ranger already said

  4. #4
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Liver or gallblader, like Ranger already said
    My gallbladder goes out of wack when i jump on tren ... wierd.. then returns to normal after lol

  5. #5
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Superdrol gave me some discomfort similair to what the OP is describing

  6. #6
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Gallbladder issues are much more likely than liver problems this soon into a cycle. The liver doesn't feel pain until it is thoroughly inflamed (hepatitis), which takes a lot of abuse.

  7. #7
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Sorry for hijacking your thread OP

    Is gallbladder pain something to worry about?

  8. #8
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Sorry for hijacking your thread OP

    Is gallbladder pain something to worry about?
    Well, you need pay attention to it, but if you get acute cholecystitis you will need to go to hospital immediately.
    I have gallbladder stones, and probably discovered it cause of steroid use , the stones were probably building up for a few years but the steroids thickens the bile and makes the ducts partly obstructed, the bile doesnt run freely to small intestine.
    Besides the dull pain/disconfort in the area another symptom is light clay colour stool.
    An abdominal ultrasound would be advised to check for stones and liver enlargement.
    To help the bile flow use ursofalk (udca).

  9. #9
    Flexyourpecs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Well, you need pay attention to it, but if you get acute cholecystitis you will need to go to hospital immediately.
    I have gallbladder stones, and probably discovered it cause of steroid use , the stones were probably building up for a few years but the steroids thickens the bile and makes the ducts partly obstructed, the bile doesnt run freely to small intestine.
    Besides the dull pain/disconfort in the area another symptom is light clay colour stool.
    An abdominal ultrasound would be advised to check for stones and liver enlargement.
    To help the bile flow use ursofalk (udca).
    Would the test and deca thicken the bile as well, or is it just the dbol ? I have the clay colored stool so I'm gonna get checked out. I stopped the dbol and started taking milk thistle. Feeling a little better today, hoping I even out and get back to growing

  10. #10
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    As far as I know all hormones can mess with the bile, this affects mostly women cause of the bc pill, so test and deca will affect it. From my experience the test and deca doesnt affect a lot, and yes, dbol affects my gallbladder a lot.

    Milk thistle is almost useless here, you need ursofalk. You should already be taking NAC as well.

  11. #11
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    If you're getting cholecystitis symptoms, you need to drop the Dbol right now and get on UDCA. Cholecystitis pain is often described as "Help me, I'm dying!!"

  12. #12
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexyourpecs View Post
    Three weeks into a cycle here - 2cc of test and 1 of deca a week, with 30mgs of dbol a day. Since yesterday afternoon, I've had some discomfort in my upper right abdomen. Nothing dehabilitating but it's my first time on dbol and I'm wondering if anyone's had a similar experience? I was thinking about stopping it even though I was supposed to be on it for another three weeks.
    I would imagine its just a coincidence,,,,but then again you never know.
    See a doctor if it persist or stop the DBOL and see if it goes away.

  13. #13
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I would imagine its just a coincidence,,,,but then again you never know.
    See a doctor if it persist or stop the DBOL and see if it goes away.
    If he's never experienced these symptoms before, that would be an unlikely coincidence.

  14. #14
    Flexyourpecs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    I stopped the dbol last Thursday and I did get better, until I ate some carne asada tacos. The pain came back worse then before for about an hour. That being said, I'm thinking it's just gallstones because the only time the pains been bad is when I've eaten fatty foods or red meats. The pains never been "help me, I'm dying!" level. So I started the dbol again today and am trying to get an abdominal ultra sound. If I need surgery, fingers crossed I can keep it off till the end of this cycle.

  15. #15
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Just gallstones?? If the pain is not in the "help me, I'm dying!" level its because the ducts are only partially blocked, you dont want'em to be completely obstructed!
    Bad decision on restarting the dbol , unless the pain is really dull and you are medicated taking ursofalk.

  16. #16
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexyourpecs View Post
    I stopped the dbol last Thursday and I did get better, until I ate some carne asada tacos. The pain came back worse then before for about an hour. That being said, I'm thinking it's just gallstones because the only time the pains been bad is when I've eaten fatty foods or red meats. The pains never been "help me, I'm dying!" level. So I started the dbol again today and am trying to get an abdominal ultra sound. If I need surgery, fingers crossed I can keep it off till the end of this cycle.
    That's like saying: "My engine is making this horrible sound because I forgot to put enough oil back in it. But I'll keep driving because it hasn't thrown a rod through the oil pan yet. Maybe I'll take it by the shop next week..."

    BB is on point. If you don't reverse the condition, the gallstone will grow and fully block whatever duct it is occupying. Once this happens, the duct/organ in question will become inflamed and then you have cholecystitis, ascending cholangitis, etc.



    And then you'll be screaming for your mommy.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 03-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

  17. #17
    Armykid93's Avatar
    Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where they take my ass
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexyourpecs
    I stopped the dbol last Thursday and I did get better, until I ate some carne asada tacos. The pain came back worse then before for about an hour. That being said, I'm thinking it's just gallstones because the only time the pains been bad is when I've eaten fatty foods or red meats. The pains never been "help me, I'm dying!" level. So I started the dbol again today and am trying to get an abdominal ultra sound. If I need surgery, fingers crossed I can keep it off till the end of this cycle.
    Dude, re read this post and consider what your saying. Your literally risking your health over gains in muscle mass. Cmon man. This is absurd.

  18. #18
    FONZY007's Avatar
    FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

    Well, you need pay attention to it, but if you get acute cholecystitis you will need to go to hospital immediately.
    I have gallbladder stones, and probably discovered it cause of steroid use , the stones were probably building up for a few years but the steroids thickens the bile and makes the ducts partly obstructed, the bile doesnt run freely to small intestine.
    Besides the dull pain/disconfort in the area another symptom is light clay colour stool.
    An abdominal ultrasound would be advised to check for stones and liver enlargement.
    To help the bile flow use ursofalk (udca).
    Thats what im doing next time I see doctor. My liver numbers are good, but the last time I used tren my gallbladder was killing me, now im left with a dule pain and plus if i eat fatty foods it acts up. Time for an ultrasound

  19. #19
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    12,046
    Blog Entries
    2
    Get a ultrasound asap

    I passed gallbladder stones when I was only 21. And wow - I mean wow. That's what happens when you don't drink water & live off burritos & soda. No joke, I never drank water.

    I got lucky and was able to pass them without surgery.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •