Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do you wish you would have stayed natural?

Bicep321 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amar7 View Post
    you are either young or very immature or both. for this "Steroids make you into a better version of your self" It also made **** a dead version of himself and many many ppl relying on TRT and other crap problems that roids caused them in the aftermath other than the sides you can get while on. I am lucky that my hpa came back on after it was dead and I felt so bad, so to your quote, no, just no.

@1 boisebeast well you're asking your question on the steroids.com forum...
    Hey bro, can you elaborate on your hpta being dead and having it come back? I’m going through that right now bro and I’m going through hell emotionally not knowing if my hpta will ever come back on.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I've been bodybuilding for just over 30yrs and been cycling on and off for around 24 yrs. I've done some serious cycles and I did put bodybuilding first before anything for many years which is something I do still have emotion pain to contend with to this day. AAS was a big part of my life and it would shock many the dosages and usage I've done. Was amounts I use to use needed? no I don't think they were but I was within a circle of training and aas use and getting bigger beyond belief was the main driving force.

I don't think I started to young I think I had a remarkable solid base and foundation before starting aas and I think this helped me a lot with the direction I went in, but I must admit once I started it all snow balled into a long period of using and coming off gear. I did go through low T and I really cant describe it in words because for me it was a living hell, every day and night was hell and the thoughts and feelings I had were horrendous. Low T isn't a nice thing to go though and it takes a lot of hard work to get yourself sorted and balanced so you feel good without any side effects.

I agree man. Low t is horrible. I’m going through it right now at 25. I feel like a 70 year old man. Can’t have sex, depression and no I feel like there’s no hope for me. I’m off of gear for 4 months now and I’m starting to get scared that I’ll never be adequate again. I would love to go on TRT but having kids is extremely important to me. It’s a double edge sword man. I think anyone considering taking steroids needs to really take all this into consideration.

If I could stop trt now would I ? well first thing is I cant stop trt its for life and to be honest it changed my life and it also stopped me cycling a lot, I could maintain with my training and diet with only 1 cycle per year.

I do have health issues and I do put them down to AAS and hgh usage, I have to donate blood every 12 weeks for life, I have enlarged bladder, kidneys, heart, prostate and recently they are thinking something is wrong with my spleen but I am still having this investigated. I have been under a hematologist for the last 12 months and hopefully will be discharged this Christmas.

One huge problem for me and I think many go through is if you have been cycling for a few years and you do quality pct and get down to a good normal natural level of T this doesn't feel right and you feel like you have low T because your so use to higher levels of T. This can create a circle of misuse due to your mind set and the feeling and emotions your feeling from normal T, which is all in your head. I know this for a fact with me because I had to go 16 weeks without trt because my T was out of control and other health problems at the time and I thought I was in the very low zone but infact even after 16 weeks I was still at the top end of the natural range of a 20yr old (my trt is nebido by the way) so this just goes to show you how our minds plays games with us.

With everything ive personally lost which can be replaced no matter what, the place were I am now and my life the way it is and how I look I wouldn't change a thing but I do try my best to steer the younger members away from anything what I've gone through unless your very serious.

I am 50yrs old next year and i'm 5ft 10" at 250lbs and not cycled for 2 yrs due to health issues. I maintain my size and mass via training and diet. When I get the all clear I will be doing one cycle per year which will be very small.
    In a nutshell, I would do things differently if I could go back.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I've been bodybuilding for just over 30yrs and been cycling on and off for around 24 yrs. I've done some serious cycles and I did put bodybuilding first before anything for many years which is something I do still have emotion pain to contend with to this day. AAS was a big part of my life and it would shock many the dosages and usage I've done. Was amounts I use to use needed? no I don't think they were but I was within a circle of training and aas use and getting bigger beyond belief was the main driving force.

I don't think I started to young I think I had a remarkable solid base and foundation before starting aas and I think this helped me a lot with the direction I went in, but I must admit once I started it all snow balled into a long period of using and coming off gear. I did go through low T and I really cant describe it in words because for me it was a living hell, every day and night was hell and the thoughts and feelings I had were horrendous. Low T isn't a nice thing to go though and it takes a lot of hard work to get yourself sorted and balanced so you feel good without any side effects.

I agree man. Low t is horrible. I’m going through it right now at 25. I feel like a 70 year old man. Can’t have sex, depression and no I feel like there’s no hope for me. I’m off of gear for 4 months now and I’m starting to get scared that I’ll never be adequate again. I would love to go on TRT but having kids is extremely important to me. It’s a double edge sword man. I think anyone considering taking steroids needs to really take all this into consideration.

If I could stop trt now would I ? well first thing is I cant stop trt its for life and to be honest it changed my life and it also stopped me cycling a lot, I could maintain with my training and diet with only 1 cycle per year.

I do have health issues and I do put them down to AAS and hgh usage, I have to donate blood every 12 weeks for life, I have enlarged bladder, kidneys, heart, prostate and recently they are thinking something is wrong with my spleen but I am still having this investigated. I have been under a hematologist for the last 12 months and hopefully will be discharged this Christmas.

One huge problem for me and I think many go through is if you have been cycling for a few years and you do quality pct and get down to a good normal natural level of T this doesn't feel right and you feel like you have low T because your so use to higher levels of T. This can create a circle of misuse due to your mind set and the feeling and emotions your feeling from normal T, which is all in your head. I know this for a fact with me because I had to go 16 weeks without trt because my T was out of control and other health problems at the time and I thought I was in the very low zone but infact even after 16 weeks I was still at the top end of the natural range of a 20yr old (my trt is nebido by the way) so this just goes to show you how our minds plays games with us.

With everything ive personally lost which can be replaced no matter what, the place were I am now and my life the way it is and how I look I wouldn't change a thing but I do try my best to steer the younger members away from anything what I've gone through unless your very serious.

I am 50yrs old next year and i'm 5ft 10" at 250lbs and not cycled for 2 yrs due to health issues. I maintain my size and mass via training and diet. When I get the all clear I will be doing one cycle per year which will be very small.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicep321 View Post
    A vast majority of men will recover by the six month period. Some may take a year and a small small percentage will take upto two years. Do some literature review based on male contraceptive therapies. That is what would be most relevant to a recreational user. I big Chinese study on testerone undecanate is probably the most definitive study to date. I suggest reading it if you can find or get access to it.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicep321 View Post
    Did you do a pct?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Did you do a pct?
    Yeah of course bro, started with hcg then clomid and nolva. Ran that for 2 months. I just started taking clomid 50mg a day a few days ago cause I definitely felt a drop off when the clomid wore off. During pct test was in the 700s, after pct I was at 342.

ThatGuy82 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Obviously there is a way to "responsibly use" steroids and there are those who dramatically abuse them. No matter which category you fall into, there is a risk associated with steroids-- especially associated with long term use. Now look, I get the everything in moderation argument, everything presents a risk when abused, alcohol can be more dangerous long term than steroids, yada yada yada. I agree with those points but that's not the point of this thread.

• I would like to ask the board, especially the vets: If you could go back in time knowing what you do now, would you stay natural or use gear all over again?

• If you're one of the many members on TRT and do blasts to supplement your TRT, I pose I similar question: If you could stop TRT/gear altogether and have completely normal T levels, would you?

I think it would be good for the younger members, myself included, to hear what the more experienced members have to say on this topic. Long term health is sometimes put on the back burners when you feel that you are young and have a long time to live, but it's something that is massively important to take into consideration. So please your opinions and reasoning for your answers to this question. Thanks everyone
    Nice try, ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    to be honest as much as I love this lifestyle and am in the best shape of my life...a big part of me wishes I never touched the stuff...
    Dude I couldn't agree more.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I wish I would have went onto TRT when I was in my early/mid 30's instead of PCT and time off. No, I wanna stay on TRT forever.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY View Post
    I wish I would have went onto TRT when I was in my early/mid 30's instead of PCT and time off. No, I wanna stay on TRT forever.
    Same here though what held me back is the lack of andrologists in this country and the public health care system which is anti testosterone ... had to go search for quite a long time until I found a private urologist who prescribed. Using AAS on top or not, I feel great and have the ability to do much more in life, and if I do AAS I don't have to worry about losing the strength gains I made. Regarding AAS, I guess you just have to accept that for every cycle and dosage there is some temporary and some permanent sides, you'll have to think thoroughly if you want the exchange of gains/sides.

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member
    I think I started at just the right time.

I'm currently 32. I did my first cycle a little over a year ago right after I knocked up my wife with our 2nd (and LAST) baby. I've now got two beautiful bundles of joy so I'm not worried not being able to have kids, and I'm honestly not too concerned over potentially having to go on TRT. (PCT really sucks)

However, I am concerned with finding a physician who isn't a raging d*ckbag that is anti-test/TRT and subscribes to the "your Testosterone may be low, but it's still within range" BS. The US has lowered their standards so much from the terrible lifestyles that our men live that they've actually lowered the Testosterone range over the years. That's kind of pathetic.

But I digress. Not for one second wish I stayed natty, very happy that I dabbled with my first cycle, very happy that I had a place like this to help me through my first couple cycles safely, very happy with the gains I've made.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    I waited till 34 to do a cycle.........no regret......

Tzan is offline New Member
    I did my first cycle(deca only) when I was 23 after lifting hard and dieting strict for the 5 years prior. Couldn't believe how well it worked and over the next 5-10 years learned more and more and continued to do around 1-2 cycles a year. My only issue was personal things came up which caused me to step away from the entire lifestyle for a handful of years(I'm just getting back in now really). Soooooo, in one respect I wish I was still a virgin and ready to pop my cherry, but in the other I had a blast for more than a decade years ago. Hard question to answer
    MuscleScience likes this.

zigzagzig is offline Junior Member
    I'm also 34 at this moment and I'm planning my first cycle soon. I'd appreciate if you could tell a bit about your gains and ability to recover natural production of T.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information