Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: weight gain?

Marcos1997 is offline New Member

Question weight gain?

Im 5'10 currently 184lbs. Im doing 600mg test E a week with 40mg anavar a day. Ive been lifting daily as well as doing about 30 minute cardio every day and eating clean as well as at a caloric deficit, yet i seem to be going up in weight? Could it be fluid retention? when i started my cycle last week i was weighing 179

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Steroids tend to make you gain weight. Who knew?
    Ribbing aside, increased glycogen storage will cause you to hold onto a few extra pounds (it's all in your muscles and helps a lot with performance and looks) while you're on. Estrogen from the test will contribute to weight gain as well, but this can be mostly prevented by using an AI.
    Also, you seem a little light to be cutting on steroids...

As Bonaparte said but above but simpler...

simply water weight or fluid retention as you called it.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos1997 View Post
    Im 5'10 currently 184lbs. Im doing 600mg test E a week with 40mg anavar a day. Ive been lifting daily as well as doing about 30 minute cardio every day and eating clean as well as at a caloric deficit, yet i seem to be going up in weight? Could it be fluid retention? when i started my cycle last week i was weighing 179
    Imo your test is too high, id lower it to a trt dose and use another compound for cutting like tren and also watch your sodium intake. As said most likely you have water retention and estrogen is high which equals more weight gain

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I can't believe you're on not one but two anabolic steroids , and lifting weights, but are somehow curious about weight gain.

What's up Bona, man you still have all that hair?!?!

Forget the water, the estro, and all the other ancillary factors...steroids increase weight period. Even if you weren't lifting you'd gain...it's unavoidable.

Now it sounds like you're attempting a cutting cycle. As the fellas said tweak your diet as you go, reduce sodium and simple sugars (even hidden ones like sauces). Also, you said your diet is clean, that's not definitive, it can't be maintenance or bulking clean, it needs to be cutting clean (at a caloric deficit, with specific foods), you might want to visit the Diet Forum to have them look it over for you.

30 minutes of cardio a day? That's what's recommended for the human body from toddlers to seniors. You should certainly increase that, and make sure it's intense.

You didn't state where you are in this cycle which is also important, but eventually your weight gain will plateau and you can dial in on cutting components.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Super User 4 is offline Associate Member
    Bro, steroids will increase your weight yes or yes. Are you asking more why are you gaining weight but not being super cut or what?

Thread Information