Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeCbrooke
    No way, Tito would beat all 120 lbs of Bruce

IMO.........Bruce Lee was an actor, sure he had the moves, but could he really punch out a guy like Tito, or Vitor?

I dont think so!
    Hahahah your one dumb shit, hahah yeah bruce lee became an actor first famous martial artist, id like to see tito punch a solid block of ice 3ft thick and shatter it, it would break his ****in hand, tito is not even in the same leauge as bruce lee, WTF? kinda question is this anyways.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Slin
    Hahahah your one dumb shit, hahah yeah bruce lee became an actor first famous martial artist, id like to see tito punch a solid block of ice 3ft thick and shatter it, it would break his ****in hand, tito is not even in the same leauge as bruce lee, WTF? kinda question is this anyways.
    yea thats true tito will probably lose in street fight with bruce lee but Tito will kick Lee's ass in the octagon because kicks hurt more in the streets because your not allowed to wear boots in octagon.

yea true, there not in the same league and im pretty sure anyone in the UFC
    who knows kung fu or wing chun will get their ass handed to them becuase you cant kick Testicle,hurt peoples testicles.Poke out someone eyes with your fingers.Bite skin or bite testicle or bite fingers and thats the reason kung fu is the best style when going against a wrestler.Someone grapples you bite their nuts poke their eyes.Then you win but that disqualifies you in the UFC.

If someone like Tito grapples you wouldn't you bite is ear,Testicle,fingers,,shoulder arms,his whole body.and kick his nuts but thats not allowed in the UFC
    Yes thats why Bruce lee has a better in street fight because he has those type of training

Thats why no one in UFC knows kung fu or wing chun
    its too good/cheap to be in UFC

Have i cleared up the debate of Bruce Lee fighting any MMA fighters.
    If theirs are coachs and judges then the MMA fighter will win and if theres no coaches or judges the Kung Fu guy will have the advatages of biting ears biting bits and peices and poking eyes
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 05-27-2005 at 03:57 PM.

If kicking/squeezing/biting someones nuts and poking their eyes with fingers and other cheap styles were allowed in the UFC then the quickness of kung fu and wing chun will own in the sport.

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    bruce would still own without this....so called...nut biting, if indeed it does exists.

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    is there a school of nut chompin out there?

yung-priest is offline Associate Member
    muhamod ali wouldn even fight bruce lee, and ali would would rearrange tito, so its apparent tito would not hold up-end of story

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Considering Bruce lee is dead, my money would be on the alive Tito ortiz

icedudez is offline Member
    i hate bruce less, i dont see what every1s boner over him is anyway, yeh he was quick but hes obv not 1 of the greatest fighters he was a fcukin movie star, im sure many of his kind could set about him very easily, and tito would give him a pasting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by icedudez
    i hate bruce less, i dont see what every1s boner over him is anyway, yeh he was quick but hes obv not 1 of the greatest fighters he was a fcukin movie star, im sure many of his kind could set about him very easily, and tito would give him a pasting for sure.
    yea thats true Tito would win in reality and bruce would win in peoples fantasies.Bruce isn't a real fighter and all his fights were done in movies.Did bruce use stananzolol
    to get his great body because his death was caused from painkillers and the side effects are joint pain and joint problems from stananzolol.If he did use stananzolol then no wonder he was so fast and muscularly cut.Ben johnson
    Olympic gold medallist and the worlds fastest human used stananzolol.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    yea thats true Tito would win in reality and bruce would win in peoples fantasies.Bruce isn't a real fighter and all his fights were done in movies.Did bruce use stananzolol
    to get his great body because his death was caused from painkillers and the side effects are joint pain and joint problems from stananzolol.If he did use stananzolol then no wonder he was so fast and muscularly cut.Ben johnson
    Olympic gold medallist and the worlds fastest human used stananzolol.
    Are you serious with this thought? Bruce fought more people on the street than tito has fought in his life. People would break into his home to fight him, he knew how to fight. Not to mention that he created his own martial arts style. He was in movies because he was so good at his style of fighting. What basis would you possibly have of him using winstrol , he was always under 140 pounds. So it's easy to be fast and easy to look cut when your that weight.

One more time Bruce Lee would knock him out with a high kick that Tito wouldn't even see. Tito has been knocked out by todays fighters, who are much slower than Bruce Lee was...

i think bruce lee was on hgh not winny

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaus777
    i think bruce lee was on hgh not winny
    Yeah OK...

Because the only gH that existed back then was the hormone that had to be taken from the pituitary glands of cadavers. Which was dangerous and extremely expensive, even compared to todays gH prices.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    i actually wouldnt doubt it..bruce was into alot of innovative training/technology/nutrition..he was always willing to guinea pig himself etc...

keylock is offline Associate Member
    dosent matter how big? bull sh*t!! yes you cant work out your chin but you can work out your neck. whats you chin conected to?

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Yeah OK...

Because the only gH that existed back then was the hormone that had to be taken from the pituitary glands of cadavers. Which was dangerous and extremely expensive, even compared to todays gH prices.

maybe thats how Bruce really died, he might have caught something from a cadaver

nsa
    maybe thats how Bruce really died, he might have caught something from a cadaver
    He didn't catch anything from a cadaver. The cause of his death was a cerebral edema, which simply means an excess of fluid surrounding the brain (i.e. swelling of the brain.) He wasn't using steroids or HgH, he was 140 pounds at his heaviest. And he lived in the 1950's through 1973 before steroids and HgH became even close to popular among athletes and bodybuilders.

He didn't catch anything from a cadaver. The cause of his death was a cerebral edema, which simply means an excess of fluid surrounding the brain (i.e. swelling of the brain.) He wasn't using steroids or HgH, he was 140 pounds at his heaviest. And he lived in the 1950's through 1973 before steroids and HgH became even close to popular among athletes and bodybuilders.

Is it that hard to tell when im joking?
    Maybe I need to use more smilies
    I still think your cool NSA, even though you love Bruce

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    TITO would devour bruce! no contest!

Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    Id like to see Tito do a Pushup with his thumbs.

nsa
    Is it that hard to tell when im joking?
    Maybe I need to use more smilies
    I still think your cool NSA, even though you love Bruce
    I was hoping you were joking. But you never know with some people on this board. Some idiot was arguing with me the other day that high school kids can take steroids to be better in HS sports and have no health issues to worry about from that. In this very forum. BTW, i don't love Bruce. I just think strongly that he would knock Tito out real quick. It's all hypothetical anyway.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I just think strongly that he would knock Tito out real quick. It's
    Me to and it wasnt his thumbs it was his index finger and thumb he could do two finger pushups on.

street or no street i still in my mind see Lee wearing boots to any fights.

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I just want it to be known that Tito will rock Bruce.....

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Actors will be actors, they are there cause they can make you beleive, Jean Claude Van Damme made use beleive he was one bad dude cause he could kick like a balerina but when he was a kickboxer he didnt win that much, he is now spreading rumors that he wants to start fighting again at 45 in K1 next year.

Jackie Chan has well, Jet Li and Steven Seagal.

Now my tae kwon do teacher was a 5 feet 6 coreen and weighted 117 pounds, he was damn fast but against a guy that is almost 6 feet tall and 200 pounds he couldnt do shit.

This is not movie nor acting its reality. MMA trained guys can take on any black belt of any traditional art, even if i respect bruce lee and am still a fan of is work, i have to say that he would have gotten beaten up has well with a good double leg takedown.

Now if i would have learned MMA and fought in is weight division its another story.

steroids were used pretty heavily from the 50s on..

nsa
    Pretty heavily? By who other than russian and german powerlifters?

umm pro athletes in general..u can look up tons of stories, including the NFL. they'd eat dbol tabs with breakfast..lol..verbatim..

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    umm pro athletes in general..u can look up tons of stories, including the NFL. they'd eat dbol tabs with breakfast..lol..verbatim..
    Bruce Lee was obviously not on Dianabol . HgH and winstrol were not popular back then...

alphaman is offline Member
    I'm back now, and I just wanted to reiterate what I said on page 2 a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman

Ortiz is a good wrestler, yes, but that's it. I saw a fight between Liddel and him the other night, and he got his asss beat with the quickness. If Liddel can knock him out that easily, Lee would knock his fukking head off in no time.

Based on that fight alone here's three FACTS for you:

1. Ortiz's only offense is wrestling. He would never be able to get a hold of Lee.(yeah, he may be able to knock a reg. guy out, but he would have no striking ability against Lee.) THAT IS A FACT.

2. Ortiz's only defense is wrestling.(yeah, he may be able to defend strikes from a reg. guy, but he can't defend himself against Liddel's 1st attempt to "flurry", so we know that he would have no chance of blocking Lee's lightning fast kicks/punches that a reel to reel camera couldn't even catch) THAT IS A FACT.

3. Since Ortiz's only form of offense and defence would be rendered completely useless, Bruce Lee would annihilate Tito Ortiz. Not only that, he would do it in record time. Wing Chun is one of, if not the fastest martial art because another principal of Wing Chun is defensive offense. One strike or attempt from Ortiz, and BLAMO, he would be out! THAT IS A FACT.

The only argument that could be posed favoring Ortiz over Bruce Lee would be size. I'm not saying size doesn't matter, because it does. But the foundation of Lee's martial arts is Wing Chun, which was designed to utilize every last bit of energy from one's body. It was invented by a woman, for the purpose of being an equalizer in this respect(size). This is what allowed Lee to perform all the incredible things cited by others earlier in this thread. My point is that Orti

z would not be able to use his full power potential, as Bruce Lee would. Hence, size would not be a factor in this particular fight. I could write a book about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    Actors will be actors, they are there cause they can make you beleive, Jean Claude Van Damme made use beleive he was one bad dude cause he could kick like a balerina but when he was a kickboxer he didnt win that much, he is now spreading rumors that he wants to start fighting again at 45 in K1 next year.

Jackie Chan has well, Jet Li and Steven Seagal.

Now my tae kwon do teacher was a 5 feet 6 coreen and weighted 117 pounds, he was damn fast but against a guy that is almost 6 feet tall and 200 pounds he couldnt do shit.

This is not movie nor acting its reality. MMA trained guys can take on any black belt of any traditional art, even if i respect bruce lee and am still a fan of is work, i have to say that he would have gotten beaten up has well with a good double leg takedown.

Now if i would have learned MMA and fought in is weight division its another story.
    yea thats true and the #1 boxer in the world from contender.I think his name was rocky balbo or something like that did you see him knock out that huge russian guy and the russian guy could throw punches that were 2000lbs when measured by a machine.If that sylvester stallone went against Mike Tyson or any boxer you name it in the world,Rocky would win.
    Just like Bruce Lee would win against anyone in a movie.

well when its Bruce lee vs. Tito Ortiz(myth vs. reality)
    who would win in real life.

Tito has more reality wins in UFC
    Tito didn't make any famous movies

Bruce Lee has more fantasy wins in his movies
    Bruce lee never thought against a MMA fighter
    Bruce thought in movies and against people with no martial arts styles in real life.
    Is there any reality videos(not fantasy movie) showing him in a real street fight and not in sparring fights where everthing is acted out

Hey anyone have the issue of Time Magazine because it mentions Bruce Lee had only one testicle

I also read the same from Disovery Channel whe they were talking about Bruce

Are legit news sources telling lies........facts???
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 06-09-2005 at 10:09 PM.

Here you go again... speaking on something of which you have no knowledge.

The basis of MMA is to take what works from from several styles, and discard the rest. This was Bruce Lee's credo! Use what works! That is the basis of JKD(Bruce Lee's system)! Bruce Lee was the original MMA fighter!

And if you want to participate in a debate and have your points taken, then stop making stupid jokes, and presenting ridiculous ideas like the comparson of Bruce Lee and Sylvester Stallone.

nsa
    well when its Bruce lee vs. Tito Ortiz(myth vs. reality)
    who would win in real life.

Tito has more reality wins in UFC
    Tito didn't make any famous movies

Bruce Lee has more fantasy wins in his movies
    Bruce thought in movies and against people with no martial arts styles in real life.
    Is there any reality videos(not fantasy movie) showing him in a real street fight and not in sparring fights where everthing is acted out
    Bruce is not a myth, he was a talented martial artist. Who created his own martial art form. There are videos of him sparring with fighters not actors, not choreographed. No one has video of the street fights he was in. The fights were not planned, they were fights that people started with him at his home and on the streets. BTW, cameras were very expensive back then.

Your making a fool out of yourself with your statements.

Bruce Lee never fought against a MMA fighter?
    -Thats all he fought against, people with various martial arts styles. Since it doesn't seem like you know what it stands for MMA = mixed martial arts.

He never fought anyone with a martial arts style in real life?
    - Considering where he lived, I would imagine the people who started fights with him had some form of martial arts style and were most likely masters of that style.

Bruce only had one nut?

Now there nuttin funny about that!

t

Where are the videos of the "one inch punch" and "death touch" that have eluded us for hundreds of years?
    http://www.martial-arts-info.com/ma_dim_mak.php

The Death Touch is real. And as I said earlier, Yip Man passed the entire Wing Chun system on to very few people. Masters don't pass knowledge of this extent on to someone who would abuse it. You've got several people out there claiming to be "Grandmasters" of Wing Chun, but Yip Man was the last true Grandmaster, and he didn't name anyone else before he passed. I'm not referring to the passing on of Dim Mak(or even just Wing Chun and GM Yip Man), but to the degradtion of the name of Kung Fu in general. There are a lot of fakers out there who don't truly understand the systems, and have given it a bad name in the eyes of many. But don't be fooled, these arts were created to kill, and kill they did. Kung Fu was invented right around the same time as Chinese medicine, and many of those who influenced it in the early days were doctors, and the systems were created synergistically w/ medicine, and the science of the anatomy.

And the one-inch punch hasn't eluded us! It's common knowledge. As I said before, Wing Chun is based on the centerline of the body. I don't have time to explain it thoroughly, but the website the link takes you to probably explians it in detail.

PS- Ever seen the famous clip when Muhammad Ali knocks out Sonny Liston? That punch was damn close to a one incher!
    Last edited by alphaman; 06-09-2005 at 11:30 PM.

Alfamale is offline Associate Member
    Im just curious, how many of you are competing in any kind of fighting(martial art)? Im not talking about noobi comps i kung-fu etc im talking competing on national level.
    I cant understand if a real fighter dont see that Bruce Lee, legend or not wouldent stand a chans against a much more heavy MMA topfighter. And ofcourse Bruce was an actor but he was an awsome fighter also but still he would be easyprey.

Peace

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfamale
    Im just curious, how many of you are competing in any kind of fighting(martial art)? Im not talking about noobi comps i kung-fu etc im talking competing on national level.
    I cant understand if a real fighter dont see that Bruce Lee, legend or not wouldent stand a chans against a much more heavy MMA topfighter. And ofcourse Bruce was an actor but he was an awsome fighter also but still he would be easyprey.
    All it would take is a single high kick and Tito would be knocked out. Bruce Lee was one of the fastest in the business, if not the fastest. Tito has been knocked out by guys far slower than Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee's strikes were too fast for cameras to catch in motion on a standard reel, they have to be put in slow motion to catch them. So IMO Tito would not be able to defend the strikes that a camera couldn't even catch.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    http://www.martial-arts-info.com/ma_dim_mak.php

And the one-inch punch hasn't eluded us! It's common knowledge. As I said before, Wing Chun is based on the centerline of the body. I don't have time to explain it thoroughly, but the website the link takes you to probably explians it in detail.

Yeah , I get the idea, but where is the video?

Fact of fiction alright he then.

The aikido guy in the game of death, sadly Bruce Lee died when shooting this movie, was reported to have beaten Bruce Lee in friendly competition.

Jeet Kun Do is very effective no doubt but anyone that has experience fighting and has sparred in martial arts will tell you that bodyweight will win over speed.

I did tae kwon do for 7 years and fought against all weight class, smaller guys are faster, they might stund you but you will get at them.

Chuck Norris competed in Full contact karate in the 70 and he didn't lose once in all thoses 5 years, but no one knows he did lose against Billy Superfoot Wallace, very sad that this guy never got the credit he deserved.

I am taking no credit away from thoses guys, they train a lot and are all black belts, they sure could kick the regular joe ass anytime, but what would have Bruce Lee done against a double leg takedown?

Remember Royce Gracie small 176 pound magged that won most of the UFC he has been in?, he never beat the guys in stand up.

Now lets talk about Bruce Lee against say Bang Ludwig or Jens Pulver? that could be fair.

But Bruce Lee against Bob Sapp would not.

That said i have the ultimate respect toward Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and of course Sho Kusugi and Jean Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal.

When i was groing up i idolized them and still do to some point today, i have all there movies on DVD expect a few really bad ones that Van Damme and Seagal did.

They where the driving force that got me interested in martial arts in the first place, to see on the screen what theses guys could do.

Bruce Lee might have a chance against Tito cause lets face it he is done, is last fights did suck and he stood up with Liddel which is very dumb considering Liddel has killer knockout power. He is not a brilliant fighter and is win against SHamrock is a fluke cause Ken add a torn ACL and he was pushing 40, with all the steroid abuse he did and all the rest, and Ken is known to gas out real kick.

So in my book when Tito fought real tought fighters he never one and is last fight against Vitor Belfort, he knew he was leaving UFC so he challenged Chuck and Ken to a rematch.

But what about a great techicien like Noguera, or a sticker like Cro Cop, Sakuraba and wandy perhaps.

I would have love to see some real footage of Bruce Lee sparring and see what he could do for real.

To be quit honest this post is going no where, it reminds me a lot of the bodybuilding mags in the early 90 when Lee Haney was winning Mr O after Mr O, every mag was comparing him to Arnold S, who is better, would have Arnold beat Lee.

Not taking in consideration that it was not the same generation, that Lee took a lot more steroids then Arnold, and a lot of other stuff like that.

Bruce Lee was a great product of the 60-70 Tito is a not so great product of the 90-2000.

kahoona32 is offline New Member
    Ultimate Fighting has evolved so much even in recent years. They went from people like TANK Abbot without skillz to people like Chuck Liddel. Bruce was cool back in the day when Americans didn't know much about martial arts, but he wouldn't stand a chance at all with Tito and his all around fighting skillz. I would say Tito could kill him with bare hands, but we will never know.
    Just my 0.2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information