Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GridIronDevil is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    The only guys who tried to use Kung Fu in UFC were an absolute joke.
    lmao hes got a point

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah but they where in UFC 1 and 2, you can compete in MMA now a days with only a stand up and no ground techics or at least a good takedown defense

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    Yeah but they where in UFC 1 and 2, you can compete in MMA now a days with only a stand up and no ground techics or at least a good takedown defense

You mean can't? Well there are take down defences in Wing Chun, but here is a good Wing Chun system that integrates grappling.

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com/whatiswc2.html

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Enter the dragon
    anyone seen it,i just watched it and there was a part where bruce lee goes against a huge white man that also was black belt in kung fu.Bruce Lee kept striking this dude down and then near the end of the fight the white dude grabs a beer bottle and goes after lee but the outcome ends after bruce strikes the dude down.When the huge white dude was on the ground Lee cracks the guys neck.Then the judges check the white dudes neck for heart beat and confirms he's dead

several guys died in the movie not to mention Bruce Lee was the star in all his movies and im wondering did anyone go to jail for killing all those people.
    NO! because it was all acting.And when ever someone got punched or kicked there were fake sound effects to similate the punches,dooosh,whooosh,baam.To sum things up no one went to jail in real life for killing those men in that movie

If bruce lee went against modern day entire United States Army and Air Force.Bruce Lee would win if he was the star of that movie.

movie movie movie
    some people think movie is reality

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    maybe u should join a michael jackson board by the looks of yours!
    alphaman and radar thats some funny things you guys wrote.Someone needs to change his avatar also ...errrrr...that disturbing man in that picture..

What do Micheal Jackson and McDonalds have in common? They both have their meat slapped between 10 year old buns

Michael Jackson does an OJ...
    http://www.jokefile.co.uk/rich/micha...on_the_run.jpg
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 06-15-2005 at 07:37 PM.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Lol movies.

He was a physical freak in his time, win or loose and a cracked skull wont win fights for anyone.

He was punched in his head minutes before. R.I.P.

Alaphman lots of martial arts now a days the one that evolve integrate a groud game and groud techics.

I have visited a couple of Kyo Kushin karate schools that have some base jiu jistsu added in there training.

What i am talking about is traditionnal martial arts.

MTLMAN is offline New Member
    As once Mohammd ALi said : "i float like a butter fly and sting like a bee, your hands cant hit what your eyes cant see".

Bruce will win:

1- Bruce is a philosopher, he mixed different branhces of kung fou to invent jit kun do

2- He is super fast and his 1 inch punch could knock a guy down several feets and it was fast even for the camera, for those of you who think that was BS, he used to do it in MA conventions with hunderdes of people watching him live on stage

3-He has balls and he is smart, nice combo

4-He was acting not for fame or money, but to spread the Kung fou culture

5-He was a great fighter

6- juice free

but then some of you will say but if he was on the floor and will be taken by BJJ locks....

Quote Originally Posted by MTLMAN
    6- juice free

but then some of you will say but if he was on the floor and will be taken by BJJ locks....
    I dont think BJJ was the same as it was then i think youd more than likely see someone get hit with a tire iron before youd see a take down, all aside anyone could learn if they try.

Im done just having fun here LOL 130 lb man lots of know all of MA running around like a 170lb man vs a 220lb streetwrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by MTLMAN
    As once Mohammd ALi said : "i float like a butter fly and sting like a bee, your hands cant hit what your eyes cant see".

Bruce will win:

3-He has balls and he is smart, nice combo

4-He was acting not for fame or money, but to spread the Kung fou culture

5-He was a great fighter

6- juice free

3-False
    Time Magazine The Most Important People Of The Century
    http://www.time.com/time/time100/her...ile/lee02.html

Bruce lee would be burdened with two stigmas that don't become an action hero: an undescended testicle and a female name, Li Jun Fan, which his mother gave him to ward off the evil spirits out to snatch valuable male children. She even pierced one of his ears, because evil spirits always fall for the pierced-ear trick

ALIVE AND KICKING
    25 years after his death, Bruce Lee still hypnotizes movie fans
    http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/98/0731/feat_3.html

(Bruce Lee)He was just 1.7 meters tall; he weighed under 64 kg; one of his legs was shorter than the other - and he had only one testicle

6-Juice Freely

Wanna know more about Bruce Lee
    go visit the official homepage www.BruceLee.com

Bruce Lee is survived by his wife Linda Lee, and his
    daughter Shannon, sister Phoebe, Robert and Peter.
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 06-24-2005 at 02:32 AM.

Please close this thread.

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    naw, this is too good

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    bruce lee by groin shot 0:35 RD1

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    I think Tito is a bitch

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    --- PLEASE ! why make these threads ?! Kimbo Slice would make both of these guys his hoes ! --

On a serious note... I think Tito is washed up and Bruce lee's rep is a lot of bs hype that his die hard fans have created. I bet if you went back in time and asked him what he thought of himself he'd not claim to be the best billy bad ass around.

UFC and Pride are fun to watch and all , but those dudes aren't the baddest guys around. You cannot use moves to kill your opponent in ultimate fighting - so a lot of old styles are at a clear disadvantage.

Kimbo Slice is the brawler that MMA needs right now, i really hope that UFC is gonna pick this big guy up.

I would love to see a fight between him and Cabbage, or Sylva or any other brawler out there.

may0r420 is offline Junior Member
    i am a marital artist i fight all the time... 6 years i am 5 11'' 164 .. just started first cycle 1 week ago

i train shaolin eagle claw fist(grappling and gymnastics, pressure points)
    and
    wing chun (Striking / the use the the center line and angles regardless of the opponents strentgh)

SIZE DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!
    Speed and how u use ur power does!!!!!!!!
    when a big guy trys to grab me its his worst mistake i am way to fast and accurate and i ain't bruce lee. and if he did grab me i am expert grappler..
    if u don't think bruce lee knew all these things u r DUMB as hell, he could do a flipover a person standing up.. u think some roid head or some guy that has not trained to the extent Bruce did is flexiable enough or even half the speed of him ur nuts.. this guy WOULD RUN UPHILL WITH 50LBs total attached to his ankles and fists and run hours daily ..HAH no roid head is doing that or UFC guy for that matter.and that is a chip of the block of his training

Bruce Lee's palm fist alone can cause internal bleeding just wit his palm..
    can anyone say broken ribs with one half ass punch.

This Post Should REALLY be deleted its POINTLESS
    people just don't understand unless u see really where these guys are at in
    training

may0r420 is offline Junior Member
    One more thing bruce's fingers were are sharp as knives..LOL no joke
    he could pull a organ if he wanted to..
    FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT THINK BRUCE IS ALL HYPE/MOVIES
    DO SOME F@!&IN RESEARCH YOU ARE IGNORANT AS HELL

i am starting to do big tournaments myself and really just a grappler got no chance against me..undefeated.. anyone one that lives in NY / NJ wanna test i am here always down for a good respectful martial brawl

may0r420 cool to ear you say that, i am on a diet right now and have to lose 20-30 pounds for damn back pain and posture, i am current 203 lost 14 pounds to date.

I competed in tae kwon do younger at 160 pounds and was very fast and add kockout power.

Its good to ear that you can bang at 164 pounds, i wanna get back down to around 170-180 and start Kyo Kushin karate.

Being too big does make you in great shape and being fast you can beat big guys easy cause they gas out real quick.

If everything goes well i should be cleared to go in a month or so.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by may0r420
    One more thing bruce's fingers were are sharp as knives..LOL no joke
    he could pull a organ if he wanted to..
    FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT THINK BRUCE IS ALL HYPE/MOVIES
    DO SOME F@!&IN RESEARCH YOU ARE IGNORANT AS HELL

i am starting to do big tournaments myself and really just a grappler got no chance against me..undefeated.. anyone one that lives in NY / NJ wanna test i am here always down for a good respectful martial brawl
    Nice! Good post Bro. Most of the bro's on here really don't understand Bruce Lee. He was just a man to, but if there was anyone close to being superman, it was him. MMA fighters are tough, quality guys whom I respect, just learn about Bruce before you assume he was just some small, fast guy whom you could overpower.

One thing Tito did is when he fought Guy Medzger the first time has an alternate in UFC 13 and lost to a Guillotine chock, i turned into a cardio machine.

Most big guys done have cardio, they might look impressive but gas out real fast.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big tu
    You are all crazy,

Its like asking if father christmas would beat the easter bunny ha ha. lmfao...ha ha ha ha.

But I get the idea. Fighting is a unique set ot variables including LUCK. You can beat a guy one day but dont let it go to your head cos theres no law says he wont beat up on you the next time you meet. Any1 can be beat. Every1 can be knocked out. And if your unlucky enougth to get caught flush on the chin by any decent fighter who can punch.( for example tito or lee) Then no matter who you are Lennox lewis, tito, tyson ,lee, rickson Im hard gracy or the big guy in the gym you stand the chance of being Knocked out and kicked to death.

On the other hand if you were to trip and lose your footing for a minute and the punch missed you and you countered then things could go a different way.

Ive had many street fights. Won some lost some knocked people out almost killed people.

Had my nose broke face split. Beat guys who I was lucky to beat and lost to guys I should have wooped. How many times you come out uf the gym feeling shit good days and bad days. Rougth and smooth.

Obviously the two fighters in question were different in there styles and uniquely talented. And obviously technique strenght skill and abillity come into fighting but you can never say wholl beat who untill thewy get it on. Life has to many upsets in it for that.

And size doesnt really matter, Or else we wouldnt need to fight just see who was the biggest and leave it at that.

Shit man think Im crazy ive wrote a ****ing essay about nothing.... wonder who would win out of father christmas and the easter bunny
    5 pages of posts and this is the most intelligent thing I've read. No offense to the other guys but this makes all the sense in the world to me.

MT

TwoCoins is offline New Member
    I thought i would add something all the haters are saying why bruce will lose because of evolution of the game well... Look at it this way.....

Tito back then will lose to Bruce Lee lack there of modern fighting evolution..... Bruce Lee would win today. BC he'd take Modern fighting to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL like he did in the 70's but in todays generation...

Bruce lee's life was training. He pretty much died training. Do you people not think that in todays world he would not even try to perfect it even more?

nalbano34 is offline Member
    bruce lee would be friggin' dogmeat against just about ALL decent MMA fighters.......period!

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Isnt this tread dead already amazing cockmeat batman

Skull Mason is offline Junior Member
    tito wouldnt even be able to land a punch on bruce hes too quick. But if he grabs a hold of him it might be over. Still say Bruce.

JAMIE720 is offline Junior Member
    Depends on what type of "fight" your talking about.People often forget UFC fights while often brutal are within the confines of rules in a sport.Many of the most dangerous fighters in various arts are trained to maim and kill if need be.In a street situation no rules Bruce wins imo in that he could inflict lethal damage at close range tito imo is way overrated by UFC fans,looked scared against Lidell.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Having a takedown in your arsenal changes everything, even at close range.

Tito did beat Wandy Silva, and a lot of the best. I sort of gave up i guess or maybe sat on is big wins and did not evolve has the rest of the fighters did.

He was also very stupid to stand with Chuck, when a guy hits that hard and he is so good in stand up you just dont go and stand with him when your stand up is average.

Tito and Pride are now in negotiation to sign him for some fights

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    You guys forget that Bruce Lee studied numerous styles, including a grappling style. He was well versed in all walks of martial arts. This ground fighting technique that the MMA fighters are experts at has been around long before Tito Ortiz was born. Bruce used movies to make money and practice his martial arts. In his movies he would bring in the number one instructor in the world of several different martial arts, including a ground fighting. He would train with them and then include them in his movies. Bruce Lee was a master at all walks of martial arts not just jeet ku do. Bruce wins no problem. Too many of you go back to movies, find a biography done after his death and watch it. The people who trained with Bruce, the ones who started or taught martial arts to the people who taught the MMA fighters will tell you Bruce wins.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    You guys forget that Bruce Lee studied numerous styles, including a grappling style. He was well versed in all walks of martial arts. This ground fighting technique that the MMA fighters are experts at has been around long before Tito Ortiz was born. Bruce used movies to make money and practice his martial arts. In his movies he would bring in the number one instructor in the world of several different martial arts, including a ground fighting. He would train with them and then include them in his movies. Bruce Lee was a master at all walks of martial arts not just jeet ku do. Bruce wins no problem. Too many of you go back to movies, find a biography done after his death and watch it. The people who trained with Bruce, the ones who started or taught martial arts to the people who taught the MMA fighters will tell you Bruce wins.

Well Said! I totally agree.

JAMIE720 is offline Junior Member
    Exactly what im saying.If Bruce was allowed to fight with no restrictions Tito would be in alot of trouble,especially his eyes as he tried to lock up with Bruce.

tortuga is offline Banned
    oh thats very complicated. both are very good.
    but I think that Bruce was the best ever!
    he was so quick that no one had a chance.
    his fighting style was perfect...

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    interesting thread...

I'd have to say Bruce Lee

tortuga is offline Banned
    and another thing...
    Bruce was so small but was only muscle that he had...

@ Red Monster: nice picture ;-)

panasonicbike is offline Junior Member
    Bruce Lee

fighter0728 is offline Junior Member
    I didnt have time to read all 195 responses so this might have allready been mentioned but bruce lee didn't have any bjj, and it has pretty much been proven that with absolutely no bjj or some kind of submission grappling (besides the few submissions that some eastern ma's have) anyone will be defeated by someone who does train in bjj or some kind of submission grappling.

Well, first of all, I appologize for skipping all the posts, let's say it like it is....

Tito Ortiz is GOD... TITO HANDS DOWN.

TestyBlend is offline Junior Member
    Tito via lay n' pray 2 round.

Tito is back though, shall be interesting. 3 fight contract: 1st, fight Forrest Griffin. 2nd, fight Ken Shamrock. If he wins those, he gets a shot at the belt.

Someones advatar gave me the ideal to show this .
    btw Some of the bruises in GameOfDeath where the real deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bruce Lee vs Tito Ortiz-0af7d270.jpg   Bruce Lee vs Tito Ortiz-0bef08d0.jpg   Bruce Lee vs Tito Ortiz-game_of_death2.jpg   Bruce Lee vs Tito Ortiz-0abf08d0.jpg  
    Last edited by dingobite; 12-02-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information