Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Food for thought

It seems lately there have been more posts showing street fights and plain ignorant people attacking someone who has no chance to defend themselves. This makes me think, do you guys subscribe to this mentality? What i am asking is, when you walk around in public do you strut like you are a bad ass or do you walk like a mature adult and go on about your buisness? I hear alot of "stomp his head in", "bash his face in" etc... We all know the difference between training and street fighting and some of this "bashing faces and heads" happens, a street fight is everything a sanctioned fight is'nt. A street fight is ugly and sloppy and very unpredictable in most cases.

Training is supposed to allow me and you to never find ourselves in this situation, would you fight someone just because he calls you a name in front of people? I would hope not, you should be confident enough in yourself and your abilities that such childish behaviour should slide right off you. Now if someone lays their hands on you or your loved one, then this is the ONLY time you should put your training into effect. I can honestly say that i would not hesitate to stomp a head but is it neccesary i wonder? Even i wonder what kind of control i would have over my emotions in a situation like that? I think i could do what was neccesary to control the situation and leave it at that.

I have in the gym beaten many guys that were in better shape and more muscular than me and some alot bigger than me but it does not make me feel as if i can take anyone at anytime, even though i am more than confident that i can control a situation if need be. Why do some feel the need to show this attitude and walk around with their chest (small chests most of the time) stuck out like some billy bad ass?

I will admit when i see these types of people walking around in the mall at the store etc..i almost always have a smirk on my face because i do not understand why some feel to betray themselves like this? Is it cool? Is it to pick up chicks?

Someone help me with this if you can because i do not get it. I am the type of person that if you are walking toward a door at the same time as me i will shake my head with a smile and tell you to go ahead. I find alot of times that alot of guys will have that scowl on their face and just walk through the door and shut it right behind them when you are two inches from the handle. wtf?

Is it a weak thing to be courteous and kind to people, or am i not a bad ass because i try to be friendly to people? Sometimes i do think to myself, little does that person know..you just never know who you could be messing with. It is usually the quiet guys that is more dangerous than the shit talker...i am sure we have all seen that type of situation.

So which are you? The courteous/confident guy that does not hesitate to be courteous OR are you the billy bad ass that thinks everyone should get the **** out of your way?

I know this is the internet but try to be honest, because from some of the posts i see here, it leads me to believe that some of the guys on here act like the strutting bad ass. Am i wrong?
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 03-11-2006 at 01:22 PM.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i think ppl feel the need to act like a hard ass b/c they are insecure w/ themselves. i know what you mean about the door thing...something similar almost always happens to me when im at a party and guys think they are too cool or whatever to be friendly and say hi to ppl. im the guy to go out of my way to introduce myself and shake their hands. sometimes i dont know if its worth it.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Im the badass who waits for you to grab the door handle and right when you grab, I pull it closed. LOL J/K I always hold doors open for people, and shake hands if approached, but I like to stay to myself as much as possible. Not cause Im an ahole, Im just somewhat shy. You want to know the people I hate the most, the guys who may weigh 100lbs soaking wet, who act thugged out and think they can fuk any one up, and the people who are constantly cursing out loud in a conversation in public.

Monte Brogan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    It seems lately there have been more posts showing street fights and plain ignorant people attacking someone who has no chance to defend themselves. This makes me think, do you guys subscribe to this mentality? What i am asking is, when you walk around in public do you strut like you are a bad ass or do you walk like a mature adult and go on about your buisness? I hear alot of "stomp his head in", "bash his face in" etc... We all know the difference between training and street fighting and some of this "bashing faces and heads" happens, a street fight is everything a sanctioned fight is'nt. A street fight is ugly and sloppy and very unpredictable in most cases.

Training is supposed to allow me and you to never find ourselves in this situation, would you fight someone just because he calls you a name in front of people? I would hope not, you should be confident enough in yourself and your abilities that such childish behaviour should slide right off you. Now if someone lays their hands on you or your loved one, then this is the ONLY time you should put your training into effect. I can honestly say that i would not hesitate to stomp a head but is it neccesary i wonder? Even i wonder what kind of control i would have over my emotions in a situation like that? I think i could do what was neccesary to control the situation and leave it at that.

I have in the gym beaten many guys that were in better shape and more muscular than me and some alot bigger than me but it does not make me feel as if i can take anyone at anytime, even though i am more than confident that i can control a situation if need be. Why do some feel the need to show this attitude and walk around with their chest (small chests most of the time) stuck out like some billy bad ass?

I will admit when i see these types of people walking around in the mall at the store etc..i almost always have a smirk on my face because i do not understand why some feel to betray themselves like this? Is it cool? Is it to pick up chicks?

Someone help me with this if you can because i do not get it. I am the type of person that if you are walking toward a door at the same time as me i will shake my head with a smile and tell you to go ahead. I find alot of times that alot of guys will have that scowl on their face and just walk through the door and shut it right behind them when you are two inches from the handle. wtf?

Is it a weak thing to be courteous and kind to people, or am i not a bad ass because i try to be friendly to people? Sometimes i do think to myself, little does that person know..you just never know who you could be messing with. It is usually the quiet guys that is more dangerous than the shit talker...i am sure we have all seen that type of situation.

So which are you? The courteous/confident guy that does not hesitate to be courteous OR are you the billy bad ass that thinks everyone should get the **** out of your way?

I know this is the internet but try to be honest, because from some of the posts i see here, it leads me to believe that some of the guys on here act like the strutting bad ass. Am i wrong?

Muriloninja, great post. I don't care for many of the vids that have been posted lately. Stomping someone when they on the ground, out cold, takes no skill. I will not fight unless my life or the lives of those closest to me are threatened. Call me any names you like; it won't rile me up. Nice to know you're on the same page.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    The courteous/confident guy that does not hesitate to be courteous.

Street fights lead to nothing positive. Even in the right situation where you will not be caught, I couldn't blind side someone to knock them out for anything that they said.

I will however defend myself and especially any females that are in my company from physical threats or attacks. If my so called friends want to start something, against my better judgement, than...well - I will be there to make sure they get to the emergency room if they mess with the wrong person.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Well thought out, great post without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    The courteous/confident guy that does not hesitate to be courteous.

Street fights lead to nothing positive. Even in the right situation where you will not be caught, I couldn't blind side someone to knock them out for anything that they said.

I will however defend myself and especially any females that are in my company from physical threats or attacks. If my so called friends want to start something, against my better judgement, than...well - I will be there to make sure they get to the emergency room if they mess with the wrong person.

You make a good point and i have told friends before no to start any shot just because i am with them and if they do, they are on thier own.

Now if they were attacked i would step up.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good post, well said.

simm is offline Senior Member
    The guys who walk round with chest stickin out usually have no balls and no respect 4 anybody..I hold doors 4 man,woman and child...No reason 2 act a twat as 'almost' everybody deserves respect..I am 6'5 250lbs and 'very' fit yet i will not fight unless anybody i know ie family are in danger..If on my own in a situation 'in the street' i may sound a pussy (which i guarantee i am not) but i will do almost anything to avoid street fighting as i know my abilities,whereas the ignorant showoff who thinks he's the dogs bolocks doesn't,and i'm not prepared to spend 15-20 years behind bars cause of sum dick!!!

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    You make a good point and i have told friends before no to start any shot just because i am with them and if they do, they are on thier own.

Now if they were attacked i would step up.
    Absolutely....If they start crap for bad reasons. Usually they run their mouth about it before starting something so I try to convince them to let it go. After that, I am not getting pulled into it.

I am not risking a conviction for anything on my record for bad judgement call by my so called friend, who puts me in a bad position because they are not thinking.

They can bleed all over my car on the way to the hospital and I will help them find their teeth.

I'm not going to stand by and watch someone kill one of my friends but most drunk street fights don't go too far.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Unfortunetely not all martial artists are so well disciplined.

I was working last night and seen a little guy getting pulled around by the collar by a 50(ish) looking guy, a big fvcker!.

I jumped in the middle and had things sorted when the big lad turned his aggression towards me. His buddy warned me that "Eugene" was three times British nations champion at Judo and a second degree blackbelt.

"Excellent" I thought, a workout!. "Eugen, your fvcking Judo doesn't impress me buddy so drop the fvcking attitude". When I had him calmed down I found out he was 47 years old, tried chatting to him about that attitude at his age and that he shouldn't try that shit and brag about Judo. He got aggressive again and raised a fist, "Eugene I'm talking to you like your a man of your age and not a fvcking idiot, now if you use that fist I swear to good god you'll know you were in a fvcking fight" (says I). He threw it, I ducked and came up with a left hook to his chin, dropped him in a bundle, a quick kick in the face and it was game over.

That might make me sound like a scumbag, but that fvcking '2nd dan judo blackbelt' pushed me into lowering my standards to raise his.

When everything was sorted I walked him to the corner and got him a cab.

Other than that I'm like most other guys. I mind my own damn business, at 40yrs old myself I hardly walk around with an attitude. But the attitude I do carry, and one I don't show is that I'm more than able for anyone on the street. This confidence usually carries over and I believe people sense it.

sp9
    Bouncer, great story. There is definitley a different aspect to fighting when you are working instead of in a position where you can just walk out and go to the next place.

I have not gotten violent in a bar in maybe 12 years. A guy starting a fight with the lead band member, started flailing around and hit the female I was with, which happened to be my boss at the time. I grabbed him by his shirt with one hand, pushed him back and tripped him, then when I saw he wanted to get up and keep going, I took the beer bottle in my other hand and hit him in the temple (on his way up) and he collapsed on the floor (the bottle didn't break, which is a good thing). I reached for a chair and the bartender and owner grabbed the chair from behind, I set the chair down, calmed down, and left. The whole thing took maybe 20 seconds.

When it's a bar fight any and every object can be your friend. I loved Bas Rutten's dvd on the subject
    Last edited by sp9; 03-12-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Too much aggression in the wrong people in this world 'can' be a seriously dangerous thing for the average working guy!! The aggressors are bullies!!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    people who refuse to act like civilized human beings and show basic decency piss me off. Like if i'm walking down the sidewalk and some other dude is to, i will move aside a bit, just enough to let him move asiade abit so we don't clolide, but some of these ****ers refuse to budge an inch. TOUGH GUYS.
    No offense but theyre usually the ones that don't speak english either.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I really don't understand how big guys get in fights really. I'm pretty big and I can count the number of times that some one has tried to fight me in my adult life on 1 hand. And they were drunk a$$ holes who i could cool down with the offer of a free drink. I mean i seen some big guys who pick fight with everyone with there attitude / talking... why... what's the point? Who does it impress to pick a fight with someone?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    people who refuse to act like civilized human beings and show basic decency piss me off. Like if i'm walking down the sidewalk and some other dude is to, i will move aside a bit, just enough to let him move asiade abit so we don't clolide, but some of these ****ers refuse to budge an inch. TOUGH GUYS.

i'm offended by that! let's fight! jk

Got the exact same problem here..I even treat the 'Asylum seekers/immigrants' here wiv respect and yet they still act like they are 'big men.' If so big then why not stay in their own country and fight the wars...lmao

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Fighting to me is a sport, not to be done outside the ring unless my family and I are in danger..

This is absolutely the most common thing to happen, once in awhile i play that game right back and refuse to move. Very rare but i have done it a few times. Most of the time though, i simply move my shoulder a bit to let the wannabe tough guy through.

I am sure that there is a direct relationship between intelligence and people who behave this way. In other words, it is usually the dumbasses who act like what you all have described above.

Sharky72 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    I am sure that there is a direct relationship between intelligence and people who behave this way. In other words, it is usually the dumbasses who act like what you all have described above.
    Ditto..Couldnt agree more! And Ninja I can tell by your avatar that you would never act like a badass..JK bro That avatar is priceless

Thread Information