Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two questions!.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Two questions!.

Answer yes or no, and then just a short statement to each question.

1. If you knew without a doubt that you would be attacked in 3 months time, you don't know how many will attack you or where. Would you change your method of training?.

2. If you absolutely knew for certain you'd never be attacked for the rest of your life, would you change your training, or train at all?.

-BOUNCER

(I took these questions from an Irish martial arts forum)

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    1.Yes, i would train on a few senarios just so i dont have to improvise as much. Fight improvising is hard in an attack situation.

2.Yes/NO? I would still train because fighting is a great skill to have, and i like competing , i never get into real life trouble i stay away from it, i do martial arts cause i like to compete and be in shape.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    As Kaew44 said I would train for different scenarios, i.e. practice against multiple people, train for weapons, train for size and strength. Basically my whole overall training method would change. I'd prolly work on A LOT more stand up techniques.

#2 is a good question. I would train just to keep competing. That's all.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I would join the closest Shotokan Karate school and practice has many katas has i could.

Engage in has many point system fighting has i could and of course never strike my opponants to hard cause i would be discalifed.

Sorry bad dream, i guess i would focus more on sparring, and moving around.

TKD might be worthless to many of you guys but it tought me how to fight a bigger opponant, with short steps and moves and tones of feints.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    I would join the closest Shotokan Karate school and practice has many katas has i could.

Engage in has many point system fighting has i could and of course never strike my opponants to hard cause i would be discalifed.

Sorry bad dream, i guess i would focus more on sparring, and moving around.

TKD might be worthless to many of you guys but it tought me how to fight a bigger opponant, with short steps and moves and tones of feints.
    You couldn't just answer the questions could you?.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

1. If you knew without a doubt that you would be attacked in 3 months time, you don't know how many will attack you or where. Would you change your method of training?.

2. If you absolutely knew for certain you'd never be attacked for the rest of your life, would you change your training, or train at all?.

-BOUNCER
    1. Yes, no good training to fight one person if you are going to be attacked by more.

2. No, i enjoy my training far to much to give up, i train because i want too not because i have too.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Too tempting Bro, but admit is was funny.

If everything goes well i should be back in training by summer, at least thats what the kinestlologist told me.

I lost a good amount of weight am now at 188 pounds and still going, make it easier for posture.

Lets hope for the best.

simm is offline Senior Member

-BOUNCER
    1....No...I always incorporate the same mma training and running/fitness..Example if i knew i would be attacked for certain then i would carry a knife if it were by multiple attackers in the street! They maybe armed too!

2....Would stick to the same training as i love it and it will always benefit you!

Saying that tho..I never carry any kind of weapon..Just that in this scenario you would know it is going to be multiple attackers..Why take the chance of being killed! I have fought 5 guys at once before and it is hard work,as they try sucker punching you and kicking you as you square off with 1 of their buddies..What i done in this fight was ko 1 guy and football kick his head when down and throw another into oncoming traffic then ran like the wind!!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired

-BOUNCER

ps Im a girl

(I took these questions from an Irish martial arts forum)

1) I would train more, much emphasis on conditioning, multiple opponents, dirty tricks, and weapons. I would work more on stand up, and keep the ground to the simple moves (not like the technical stuff, just submission, mainly chokes and breaks). Either that or Id really work on my sprinting! (Im also avoiding answers like get a machine gun)

2) Id train about the exact same as I do now. I dont train to fight, just fun and cardio mostly. Ok and a little bragging rights.
    Last edited by Billy_Bathgate; 04-09-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Quil is offline Member
    [QUOTE=BOUNCER]Answer yes or no, and then just a short statement to each question.

-BOUNCER

1. No. Even though I'm not currently training because of my recent move, I would still stick to Muay Thai and BJJ as before. Not to mention the fact that as part of my job, I am always armed with at least one sidearm.

2. No. There's a certain release I get from training. Even though I still haven't found a place to train yet, I still go in and work the heavy bag to remain somewhat sharp.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    1. Stay with the same training style but emphesis more on Muay thai and less on bjj. I have a CHL... in a situation like that...i'm pretty sure i'd just keep to tactical training

2. No...i love training and sparring.

GUys I dont think he wants to know if you'd shoot the guy or pull a knife and stab the fvcker. He's asking if you had to learn new methods of hand to hand what would you do.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    id probably start training some krav maga stuff.

i dont really train for self defense. i train more to keep in shape and for a personal release.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    1. i'd start packin my gun on my person at all times
    2. i'd still keep the gun around like i do anyway

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    Another one who obviously hasn't read the thread

Royal_Marine_taz is offline New Member
    guns are no good if you havent the botle to use them

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Marine_taz
    guns are no good if you havent the botle to use them
    It's not about bottle mate,it's about doin 15-25+ yrs time over 2 or 3 little pricks who want to fight/attack you in the street!
    In this day and age 1 on 1 streetfights are a thing of the past!

Ok here's my answer.

1. I'd go back to full time kickboxing, I'd train as I do for a competition. I'd bring my fitness/stamina up to its highest and I'd concentrate on sprint training. Or I'd train fulltime Vale Tudo, which I just tap away at at the moment.

2. I'd still train, I love the competition. But if I wasn't competing I honestly can't say what I'd be doing.

USfighterFC everytime I see your signature I fall off my chair holding my chin!.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I would deffiantly work on scenerio's as brought up. I would work my wrestling/Bjj a little less unless it was a 1 on 1 and work my standup alot more becouse of the chance of multiple attackers.
    I would deff keep training I love it and props to bouncer for a well thought out post and not a link to kimbo

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    1. No, as working at a nightclub there is certainly chances of violence being intentionally directed towards me, i feel the training i am currently w/ now would suffice. However, that being said, had I known specifically that i was going to be attacked, i would put much more seriousness into training than i do now (martial arts for me is recreational for the most part)

2. No

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    1. Id train muay tai and vale tudo instead of bjj, judo and kung fu (dont dis the kung fu lmao).

2. I would still train but probably tone down the training, just to try and keep my current ability, wouldn't feel the need to keep improving.

i do train with my gun. i did read the thread

i do train with my gun. i did read the thread

This is not a shooting forum, if you want one please PM system admin.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    1. No. i would buy a gun

2. No. i would buy a gun

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    1. No. i would buy a gun

2. No. i would buy a gun

This is not a shooting forum, if you want one please PM system admin.

Jeeze guys, how hard can this be?.

I took this question from a martial arts forum I use, and EVERYONE there has stayed on topic, whats up with some of you people?.

Forum Mods, Vets & the people who know I'd include them as Vets here (if I could), lets try keep these guys on topic in this forum. This is not a martial arts chat lounge

For the people who displayed the obvious ability to answer, has the thread caused you to question your training or the style you do?.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    1. already part of my training to fight more than one opponent.

2. no, i luv to fight and compete.

Yes agreed stay on topic, this thread is about MMA, martial arts and other HAND TO HAND combat tech's......I dont wanna hear anything about guns.

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Yes agreed stay on topic, this thread is about MMA, martial arts and other HAND TO HAND combat tech's......I dont wanna hear anything about guns.
    Hey, my bad on the gun thing. I guess I missed the specifics of the topic. I would still not change anything about my training, except for possibly working scenarios against multiple assailants.

sorry about the gun thingy,

1. Yes i would change my training, would start something like brazilian jui juitsu or vale tudo.

2. No i would keep lift wheights

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    1) I would concentrate more on stand up; ie Muay thai AND I would focus on awareness. IMHO training in the gym is great for clearly defined fights however, when one appears muscular and formidable, people often will not openly display their intent if it is of a negative form. Being aware of your surroundings and properly assessing the motives of others. I prefer a preemptive attack and do not care to wait for one to strike first before I respond with force. I feel awareness and verbal de-escalation can often play a vital role in preparedness.

2) No, train for fitness, fun, comaraderie, and peace of mind.

Bouncer, I have trained stand up and ground skills in sport type fighting, however, I have never trained offense/defense against multiple attackers. Have you found any training style that you feel helps prepare you for multiple persons?

Quote Originally Posted by gymnutt
    Bouncer, I have trained stand up and ground skills in sport type fighting, however, I have never trained offense/defense against multiple attackers. Have you found any training style that you feel helps prepare you for multiple persons?

Not to any great extent. In kickboxing we often used up to three attackers in our self defence classes which I found where great value. I used to believe that backing into a corner and fighting from there against multiple attackers would be best, it was the worse. Its best to hit and run, hit with big hay makers and wild swinging hooks, but without doing it blindly (if that makes sense).

I've also said this many times. I don't think the club house or gym can ever hope to replicate even a fraction of the violence your going to encounter in a street situation. But what it can do is keep you a couple of steps ahead of the scumbag on the street.

newbie82 is offline Female Member
    1) yes - i would run alot harder, and push myself to be as quick and longwinded as i could. i would also switch to training BJJ 85% of the time vs 15% of the time.

2) yes - , but i would never train on the ground again. it would just be competition muay thai.

bouncer-what made you come up with this thread? very interesting responses from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie82
    bouncer-what made you come up with this thread? very interesting responses from everyone.
    I wish it was my idea, but its not. I took it from another forum I use, an Irish martial arts one, where it was posted by Johan Kavanagh of Straight Blast Gym (Ireland).

Why would you concentrate on BJJ?. Most people with some thought would consider that alone alittle dangerous for the street. Without turning this into a debate about BJJ, would you not prefer a style more suited to fighting more than one assailant and making good your escape?. BJJ or any type of ground fighting is extremly dangerous IMHO.

Why would you concentrate on BJJ?. Most people with some thought would consider that alone alittle dangerous for the street. Without turning this into a debate about BJJ, would you not prefer a style more suited to fighting more than one assailant and making good your escape?. BJJ or any type of ground fighting is extremly dangerous IMHO.
    hm i thought that i wouldnt have a chance against multiple attackers if im alone so atleast i could break a leg or two or maybe necks. and bjj/vale tudo ive heard n seen is very good, my cousin is training vale tudo ive seen him take out guys 2-3 times bigger than him.

one of the places i trained M A did include hand gun training which is wise imo in todays world, especially in the bay area nor cal. maybe more schools should incorporate it, at least the ones targeting self defense. i know some are targeting comp and thats all good too. i have done both

one of the places i trained M A did include hand gun training which is wise imo in todays world, especially in the bay area nor cal. maybe more schools should incorporate it, at least the ones targeting self defense. i know some are targeting comp and thats all good too. i have done both
    arent u the guy shooting up a bar j/k

goose is offline Banned
    If I knew this...I would just pack a gat..READY...

skinnyhb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    If I knew this...I would just pack a gat..READY...

i'd put batman on speed dial.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i so hope you are f*cking kidding with the calling it a "gat"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information