Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Pride Welterweight GP (spoilers)

First off, once again Pride Bushido just keeps getting better. Every single fight was good no matter how long or short it was. This WW GP is stacked and i was suprised how good the new comers were, they showed alot of heart.

Results:

- Jason Black def. Eoh Won Jin by corner stoppage (threw in the towel) in the first round.

- GP: Amar Suloev def. Murilo Bustamante by unanimous decision.

- GP: Paulo Filho def. Gregory Bouchelaghem by unanimous decision.

- GP: Ryo Chonan def. Joey Villasenor by split decision.

- GP: Gegard Mousasi def. Makoto Takimoto by doctor stoppage in the first round.

- Mitsuhiro Ishida def. Marcus Aurelio by unanimous decision.

- Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett by ankle lock submission in the first round.

- Hayato “Mach” Sakurai def. Olaf Alfonso by KO (right punch) in the first round.

- GP: Akihiro Gono def. Hector Lombard by unanimous decision.

- GP: Denis Kang def. Murilo "Ninja" Rua by KO in the first round.

- GP: Kazuo Misaki def. Phil Baroni by unanimous decision.

The next round will take place at the Nagoya Rainbow Hall on August 26th, and the final round will take place at the Yokohama Arena on November 5th.

Some of my thoughts:

Suloev looked greased up like a pig and Busta could not clinch with him to save his life and would slip off real easy, Suloev back peddled most of the fight as well. Very irritating Suloev was IMO.

Kawajiri and Sakurai did what they were supposed to but damn did Olaf get KTFO by Sakurai, we are talking falling like an Oak and then Sakuari gave him one more punch for good measure, you gotta remember that Olaf was just KTFO a few weeks back and left the cage on a stretcher, i suggest some time off for Olaf.

Ninja, well what can i say about him? This is just not his time, i am not sure if making 183lbs is to hard for him or what but he needs to get a win to stay in the game, Kang destroyed him. I will say that it was a 1/100 punch that Ninja took, notice it is the exact same punch and spot that Kharitonov hit Ninja and KOd him. Shogun was in Ninja's corner and his arm looked good with no cast etc.

Aurelio showed that his win over Gomi was nothing more than a fluke, they kept showing Gomi sitting ringside during this fight and he looked bored and after Aurelio lost they showed Gomi again and he looked as if he could give a shit. Not sure when we will see the rematch now?

Gono had one hell of an entrance and i hope they show it on the American PPV. He danced with his corner as he had a wig and a white suit on. Very funny. The fight was awesome with Lombardo coming out at 300 mles an hour but Gono survived the early onslaught to come back and pick Lombardo apart on the feet for the remainder of the fight and getting the UD.

Baroni looked ok but once again was unable to KO his opponent within the first 5 minutes and began to slow down and Misaki kept coming and put the presure on and got the UD win. Now people should have a better understanding why Hendo could only take Misaki to a Decision win.

IMO it is worth ordering.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 06-04-2006 at 08:15 AM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

j3374 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks!

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    here the MACH fight on youtube...huge right hand...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCgR6...ride%20Bushido

Thread Information