sonar1234 is offline Banned

Improve striking power (Kicks and punches)

I am having a hard time beleiving that all you need is a punching bag and of course correct forms.

Do you guys beleive that a serious weight training regiment based on Bench press, leg press (in my case cause i cant squat anymore), bent rows, chins, military press, dips, would also improve a lot the power of a kick or a punch.

I remember when i was 21 i decided to work that training program 3 times a week with my TKD classes and when sparring people said that i was hitting a lot harder.

Kyokushin karate uses a lot of push up variations and bodyweight squats and more to improve striking.

Knowing 'how' to punch is much more important than just developing big muscles.

In fact, punching with rippled muscles tightened is one of the worst ways to punch. Tightening your muscles will slow you down. You should only tense right before impact.

Punching fast with a lot of power is really a question of technique. Punching is a science, a discipline you can master.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    no one said you can't lift too...just try not to over work yourself. Most fighters do lots of general explosive exercises.. clings , jerks...etc.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    quick twitch muscle..

more muscle without speed is not worth anything to me...

genetics comes into play here as well. but someone that can bench 375 and strike fast.. now you have some skill..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    ^^^i agree x10

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    George St-Pierre uses a combination of both, he does giant sets of 4 exercises with 1 minute rest between and he says he lifts has heavy has he can.

Thread Information