Thread: who would win??

orton4 is offline Member

who would win??

who do you guys think would win if they were to ever fight wanderlei silva or shogun?? i know they are both chute boxe but ive been thinking bout this fight a lot the past few weeks and i cant come to a conclusion

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Well punching power Silva, Speed:silva, Techinical striking:shogun. Cardio:equal, strength:silva, experiance:silva, Wrestling:shogun, Submissions slight edge to shogun, chin:silva. I would say silva by tko or UD

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    id go with shogun ..... he's on top of his game right now

simm is offline Senior Member
    Shogun imo....I think shogun would have more stamina too!

orton4 is offline Member
    i think silva's chin is awful

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Shogun

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Look at it this way, Shogun once had some dog's and Wanderlei said he wanted one but Shogun said he could have one for $250US and Wanderlei said, how about we fight for it, if i win i get the dog for free.

Needless to say Wanderlei still has the dog to this day.

This is a true story but they would never fight in the ring against each other but this is how i see their skills:

Wrestling - Shogun

"Technical" Striking - Wanderlei as he has shown he can be a "thinking" striker (IE: CroCop I, Rampage II)

Striking Power - Wanderlei

BJJ - Shogun

Cardio - Both

Stomps - Shogun (he just seems to be the best at them)

When i met Wanderlei, the first thing i thought was holy shit he is like a bulldog, meaning he was not the tallest guy but goddamn he sure was solid as a piece of iron, just patting him on the back was crazy. I shook his hand and let's just say it would not be nice to take his punch.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by orton4
    Please, explain to us why his chin is so awful, merely stating 'i think his chin is awful" is ignorant.

orton4 is offline Member
    there has been a few fights where he gets knocked on the jaw and stumbles back trust me hes my favorite fighter i know hes tuff as hell but i think hes weakest part is his jaw...

orton4 is offline Member
    two fights i can think of are befort and tito... tito dropped him to a knee in one punch and how great of a striker is tito?? yes it was awhile ago and silva has gotten much much better, but how does one really get his chin and preventive KO conditioning better??? but my statement was a bit ignorant so ill give you that his chin isnt awful, i put my own thought of his weakness to an extreme he has prove to have a good chin in some fights as well, i.e. mark hunt a much bigger fighter who also dropped fedor.... but i guess i should have said i think silva's weakness is his chin...so my bad

tito dropped him to a knee in one punch and how great of a striker is tito??
    So this makes his jaw weak? Using your logic, Fedor has a weak chin because Fujita blasted him with a haymaker and made him do a dance.

A weak chin insinuates that he is KO'd easily..nothing more nothing less. Getting hit and rocked or knocked down has nothing to do with a weak chin, Noguiera has been knocked down from punch and he has one of the strongest chins in the buisness.

If you will notice when Wanderlei has been dropped he was moving forward and off balance, he has one foot on the ground when Tito wacked him and you don't have to be Mirko CroCop to throw a heavy punch, if it connects you could go down ala Wand vs Tito but the way he was moving only helped him go down.

Same with Sakuraba, notice Wanderlei was moving forward and his feet were not planted hence him being knocked down to one knee.

A good example of him taking a solid punch on the chin was against Kondo, Wand has both feet planted and is covering up and Kondo hits him square on the chin and it makes a loud thud, Wand stands there and takes it unaffected.

Bad base = easy to takedown, knockdown etc.

orton4 is offline Member
    some did critisize fedor from that hit from fujita.... also i believe kondo was a weight class below wand....

orton4 is offline Member
    also so you are saying if wand was moving backward and blasted and knocked down he would have been inblanance for that punch??? dude im not saying wand isnt tuff hes my fav fighter and i took back my comment for saying he has an awful chin... hes a bad ass all im saying is ive seen him been rocked by not so good of fighters and what "i" am sayin that "i " believe his chin might not be his strongest point in his fighting... everyone has a weak point..

orton4 is offline Member
    also how many ppl have you seen saku knock down to the ground with a punch????

BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hunt blew him off his feet with shot and Wandy got right up. His chin is stone.

orton4 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Hunt blew him off his feet with shot and Wandy got right up. His chin is stone.

did you not read any other parts of my posts after that?

BG
    did you not read any other parts of my posts after that?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Nope.

I don't blame you either...i want my ****ing time back from reading this shit pile of a thread.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I don't blame you either...i want my ****ing time back from reading this shit pile of a thread.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    So this makes his jaw weak? Using your logic, Fedor has a weak chin because Fujita blasted him with a haymaker and made him do a dance.
    some did critisize fedor from that hit from fujita.... also i believe kondo was a weight class below wand....
    Guys...that punch was to the temple, not to the jaw. If you've ever been hit in the temple, you'll know what it does to your balance and equilibrium. Just ask Jeremy Horn when he fought Chuck Liddell for the 2nd time. Anybody would have done the fish dance.

Minimart is offline Junior Member
    i like shogun in this match up because i see shogun winning the ground game and i think hes better striker than wand because wandi fluries and shogun lands combos and is vicious with the kicks but then agin so is wandi but i like shogun in the fight if they were to fight i think it would deff be a candiate for fight of the year.

Thread Information