Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gottibme is offline Associate Member

Dela hoya underrated coming into this fight

The fight is just about one week away and from watching dela hoya mayweather 247 on tv I really hope that delahoya knocks him,mayweather keeps talking mess he needs to know that delahoya has beaten good fighters like rafeal rualas,jesse james leija,arturo gatti ,javier castiejo,julio cesar chavez,pernell whitaker,Ike quartey,oba carr yory boy campas,fernando vargas,felix sturm,ricardo mayorga,and had a very very controversal loss to trinidad,and a controversal loss to mosley,both the trinidad fight and the second mosley fight he won,and I like mayweather but he has to respect someone that has beaten that many good fighters,mayweather hasnt beat close the compition that mayweather has,corrales,castillo,judah,and arturo gatti,so we could compare that he hasnt come close to the level of compitition so come may 5th I hope dela hoya gets the win,and teaches mayweather to respect greats,anyway I like mayweather but Im hoping dela hoya cracks him

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    The fight is just about one week away and from watching dela hoya mayweather 247 on tv I really hope that delahoya knocks him,mayweather keeps talking mess he needs to know that delahoya has beaten good fighters like rafeal rualas,jesse james leija,arturo gatti ,javier castiejo,julio cesar chavez,pernell whitaker,Ike quartey,oba carr yory boy campas,fernando vargas,felix sturm,ricardo mayorga,and had a very very controversal loss to trinidad,and a controversal loss to mosley,both the trinidad fight and the second mosley fight he won,and I like mayweather but he has to respect someone that has beaten that many good fighters,mayweather hasnt beat close the compition that mayweather has,corrales,castillo,judah,and arturo gatti,so we could compare that he hasnt come close to the level of compitition so come may 5th I hope dela hoya gets the win,and teaches mayweather to respect greats,anyway I like mayweather but Im hoping dela hoya cracks him
    I agree with this and I am chearing for delahoy too because family from same area, but the reason mayweather has been given the upper hand is delahoya's inactivity in the ring... that is a huge factor and shouldn't be taken lightly...

yeah I forgot about that,I just hope that dela hoya wont show any rust

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think anyone is underrating DLH. The odds in Vegas are Mayweather -190 to DLH +160.

No denying the fact that DLH is more experienced and has fought the better competition (you really shouldn't have mentioned sterm and whitaker because both fights were given to DLH), and even HBO's Max Kellerman stated that DLH is bigger, with more power, and a better left hand. BUT, Floyd's younger, faster, and at his prime. DLH's inactivity coupled with all those big fights have taken a toll on him physically.

As far as Mayweather not respecting greats, that's his motivation for fighting. He believes he's the best and his cockiness reflects his determination to fight like he's the greatest of all time. He may not be, but who are we to tell him not to convince himself otherwise. That whole DLH/Mayweather 24/7 is set up to make Mayweather look like the bad guy. It will sell more tickets. DLH has the larger fan base and has the squeaky clean image. It's all in the hype. Like Tito Ortiz, outside the ring, Mayweather is a really cool cat. But the fight game always needs a bad guy to sell fights. At one time is was Ali and we all know his legacy!

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    HBO has to sell a bad guy and you think they were going to spin this on DLH?
    the 24/7 is just marketing and DLH knows that and it benefits that PBF talks all this shit b/c it makes it that more interesting.

I'm so excited for this fight, i went out yesterday and bought a sony 60 inch LCD just for the fight! This money was supposed to go to remodeling the home , LOL

I'll tell you how it's going to be PBF is going to be so active and throw so many punches that DLH wn't know how to handle it. PBF might talk a lot of shit but he trains his ass off every single day, Did you see on the show in one of his training sessions he threw 6 k plus punches!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    I don't think anyone is underrating DLH. The odds in Vegas are Mayweather -190 to DLH +160.

No denying the fact that DLH is more experienced and has fought the better competition (you really shouldn't have mentioned sterm and whitaker because both fights were given to DLH), and even HBO's Max Kellerman stated that DLH is bigger, with more power, and a better left hand. BUT, Floyd's younger, faster, and at his prime. DLH's inactivity coupled with all those big fights have taken a toll on him physically.

As far as Mayweather not respecting greats, that's his motivation for fighting. He believes he's the best and his cockiness reflects his determination to fight like he's the greatest of all time. He may not be, but who are we to tell him not to convince himself otherwise. That whole DLH/Mayweather 24/7 is set up to make Mayweather look like the bad guy. It will sell more tickets. DLH has the larger fan base and has the squeaky clean image. It's all in the hype. Like Tito Ortiz, outside the ring, Mayweather is a really cool cat. But the fight game always needs a bad guy to sell fights. At one time is was Ali and we all know his legacy!
    Thats a pretty good observation... I agree with the whitaker fight, but I don't recall the sterm fight. i think those and the first shane mosley fight were the only ones that Delohoya has ever lost... the rest he should have a clean record... One thing to consider is Delahoya has shown that he has a little trouble with guys that are faster than him... Everyone thought trinidad was the power hitter and would role him, but he did fine... it is the light hitters with speed that he has problems with.. shane mosley, whitaker... and now PBF is bringing the odds against him too with the styles... I wouldn't count delahoya out on any one, but he is rusty and going against a fast puncher... 6K punches is some serious business...

LOL on heavy hitter buying the 60 inch... sounds like something I would do...try and justify it with the fight to the wife...oh well, there is never a perfect time to buy those kind of entertainment toys...hahahhah

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    whatever dogg

RamyGras is offline Associate Member
    I'm watching the 24/7 special on HBO, and I can't help but want De La Hoya to knock this dude out. I don't watch too much boxing and the last fight I actually paid money to watch was Tarver/Jones III, but this is one I'm going to order.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Im rooting for DLH, just because it is so damn hard to root against Freddie Roach!!! Thats one GAME ass dude... fighting off Parkinsons. I havent been this excited for a fight in years!!

Last edited by Mogamedogz; 05-03-2007 at 01:21 AM.

I put it like this floyd lost the first 4 rounds against judah,and lost 7 or maybe 8 rounds in the first jose luis castillo fight,so there is a blueprint for dela hoya right there,this is anyones fight but all I know is dela hoya is a great and mayweather needs to grow up and show respect for him,I like floyd alot but you just dont disrespect someone that doesnt disrespect you

Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    I put it like this floyd lost the first 4 rounds against judah,and lost 7 or maybe 8 rounds in the first jose luis castillo fight,so there is a blueprint for dela hoya right there,this is anyones fight but all I know is dela hoya is a great and mayweather needs to grow up and show respect for him,I like floyd alot but you just dont disrespect someone that doesnt disrespect you

Bad anology!! According to your estimation there are 12 rounds that maybe DLH 'could' use to maybe beat Mayweather. Where as Mayweather has 6 whole fights that he could use to beat DLH (Whitaker even though the fight was given to Oscar, Sterm same as Whitaker, Mosely twice, Trinidad, and Hopkins).

Mayweather is a grown man who relishes in being the bad guy. He doesn't need to show respect if he doesn't want to. He's a greater fighter than DLH. Period!

DLH's a great fighter, but his only chance is Mayweather coming into this too confident like Judah did against Tsyzu. He was too cocky and Tsyzu caught him. That's DLH's only chance in my opinion.

And let's get off this respect bullshit. Respect is earned not given. I guarantee if DLH beats Mayweather, Mayweather will respect him. Until that time, why should Mayweather respect anyone, as long as he respects himself!

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred
    Thats a pretty good observation... I agree with the whitaker fight, but I don't recall the sterm fight. i think those and the first shane mosley fight were the only ones that Delohoya has ever lost... the rest he should have a clean record... One thing to consider is Delahoya has shown that he has a little trouble with guys that are faster than him... Everyone thought trinidad was the power hitter and would role him, but he did fine... it is the light hitters with speed that he has problems with.. shane mosley, whitaker... and now PBF is bringing the odds against him too with the styles... I wouldn't count delahoya out on any one, but he is rusty and going against a fast puncher... 6K punches is some serious business...

LOL on heavy hitter buying the 60 inch... sounds like something I would do...try and justify it with the fight to the wife...oh well, there is never a perfect time to buy those kind of entertainment toys...hahahhah

You forgot that Bernard Hopkins knocked DLH out! And if you watch the 2nd Mosely fight more closely, you will see that Mosely won. It was a close fight, but Mosely landed the most effective punches. DLH tried the Sugar Ray Leonard tactic of throwing a barrage of punches at the end of every round to try to steal the round. But it backfired because throughout the course of the fight Mosely stayed busy the entire round while landing the most effective punches.

DLH has problems with two types of fighters, fast fighters (Whitaker and Mosely), and defensive fighters (Sterm and BHop). Floyd is faster than either Whitaker and Mosely and probably the best defensive fighter ever.

cbc5010 is offline Junior Member
    I would love to see DLH knock mayweather out b/c of all the shit that mayweather is talking but he is just way to good....he has some of the quickest hand I have ever seen...he's the onbly boxer I watch that can slip a right cross without setting it up.....his hand are lighting fast and hes smart in the ring....unfortunately DLH will be TKO'ed in 6

I have never seen people so pumped up for a fight in a long time. I mean i'm hearing people at work who have no idea about boxing that has probably never bought an event saying "i can't wait till saturday for the fight"...

So all that smack talking and disrespecting is straight marketing. PBF is a cocky person but he is not the evil person people are making him out to be. DLH and PBF already making a fortune and they both know they can make more by marketing this event! SO stop giving me this crap about i hope PBF gets knocked out b/c of the shit talking, this is the type of fight boxing needs to be ressurrected.

I'm totally excited about this fight, not so much about the fighters but b/c i love this sport and it's good to see it back on top dominating all the ratings. Even if its for one night!

By the way i'm still with PBF-12 rounds. anyone want to take a $100 bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    Im rooting for DLH, just because it is so damn hard to root against Freddie Roach!!! Thats one GAME ass dude... fighting off Parkinsons. I havent been this excited for a fight in years!!

Agreed, the man has a undenying love for the sport. He is a true champion

resurect boxing???? are you kidding this is the first and last huge fight there has been and will be for a long time....one fight WILL not ressurect the sport....a great fight yes...turn boxing around absolutely not....the premis of boxing is great but the goings on around boxings are nto and one super fight is not gonna change it....and i still hope dlh kicks the **** out of him somehow.

I think the olny fight thatn can possibly top this in the near future would to have the hlitschko borther fight each other....howveer it will never happen b/c they vowed never to do so.......i hope it will, but boxing seems a long way from being RESURECTED

klitschko brothers*

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbc5010
    resurect boxing???? are you kidding this is the first and last huge fight there has been and will be for a long time....one fight WILL not ressurect the sport....a great fight yes...turn boxing around absolutely not....the premis of boxing is great but the goings on around boxings are nto and one super fight is not gonna change it....and i still hope dlh kicks the **** out of him somehow.
    agreed.. in order to be resurected again, boxing either needs another young "good-guy" fighter like Oscar de La Hoya, or a new "bad-ass" fighter like Mike Tyson.. till then, UFC will continue to gain more fans and control the ppv sales..

yea unfortuantely that is true.....im waitin for the next mahhamad ali haha i think i am going to be waiting for a long time.....and not only that....the sport is going to need heavy competition for the "good-guy" fighter like Oscar de La Hoya, or a new "bad-ass" fighter like Mike Tyson" to really resurect the sport.....if these guys are just destroying ppl stil noone is going to watch.....and it need to come back off of paper view junk that ruined the ****in sport.....the best was when there was friday night fight, and they were actually good.

[QUOTE=D-Bo Dre]agreed.. in order to be resurected again, boxing either needs another young "good-guy" fighter like Oscar de La Hoya, or a new "bad-ass" fighter like Mike Tyson.. till then, UFC will continue to gain more fans and control the ppv sales..[/QUOTE]

Is Oscar and PBF the only people on boxing?

UFC is gaining more fans but it has centurys before it even comes close to boxing. What is UFC's sale record for PPV buys, like 700,000 or something like that. De la hoya vs Mayorga ate that for lunch. What would happen if boxing had UFC type of events on PPV? imagine a PBF vs DLH, Calzaghe vs Taylor, Barrera vs Pacman, Hatton vs Castillo on one card, i'm sure they would rank in much more than 700,000

Maybe i should have rephrased myself boxing is not dead, look around there are multiple boxing events happening everyday, every w/e. Boxing right now has a slew of young stars and yes one fight can spark this up... Regardless of whoever wins there is nothing but blockbuster fights lined up... Cotto, Hatton, Taylor, Margarito etc....

The flaw with boxing is they need to have better match ups. Have the best fight the best!

yea unfortuantely that is true.....im waitin for the next mahhamad ali haha i think i am going to be waiting for a long time.....and not only that....the sport is going to need heavy competition for the "good-guy" fighter like Oscar de La Hoya, or a new "bad-ass" fighter like Mike Tyson" to really resurect the sport.....if these guys are just destroying ppl stil noone is going to watch.....and it need to come back off of paper view junk that ruined the ****in sport.....the best was when there was friday night fight, and they were actually good.

There are athletes that come once in a lifetime. When are we going to see another Michael Jordan or Lance Armstrong ? Never....

Never????? hmmm sounds like a strong statement....and I highly doubt that we will never see someone like them again.

athletes are getting better and better someday there will be a breakthrough athlete that does astonishing things.....however i agree with u that it probably won't be in boxing due to the extreme loss of interest in the sport.

in all reality we are in the era of two of the most dominant sports figures of all time roger federer and tiger woods....so to say there won't be more amazing athletes like mj and lance and ali ever again is a strong and unture statement, but i see where ur comin from.

MMA will never hold a candle to Boxing. NEVER.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    yea unfortuantely that is true.....im waitin for the next mahhamad ali
    Why wait? He's here right now in pretty boy floyd. Who cares if you don't like the guy's personality.. I've never seen a better boxer, and i've watched literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of film from the 1930's on.

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    Why wait? He's here right now in pretty boy floyd. Who cares if you don't like the guy's personality.. I've never seen a better boxer, and i've watched literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of film from the 1930's on.
    Agreed, I don't care for the guy's personality but he is a GREAT boxer and could possibly go down as a top 3 p4p of all time. But IMO boxing is dying and nothing will save it but more fights on free tv. Nobody knows any of the champs right now except for true boxing fans so why would hbo or shotime sell over 1 mil ppv's? Chuck/Rampage will sell more than DLH/PBF and just watch when these superfights take place 'between Pride/UFC. I'm not saying that there aren't any exciting fights in boxing, just bad promotions.

[QUOTE=heavyhitter08]
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre
    agreed.. in order to be resurected again, boxing either needs another young "good-guy" fighter like Oscar de La Hoya, or a new "bad-ass" fighter like Mike Tyson.. till then, UFC will continue to gain more fans and control the ppv sales..[/QUOTE]

Is Oscar and PBF the only people on boxing?

UFC is gaining more fans but it has centurys before it even comes close to boxing. What is UFC's sale record for PPV buys, like 700,000 or something like that. De la hoya vs Mayorga ate that for lunch. What would happen if boxing had UFC type of events on PPV? imagine a PBF vs DLH, Calzaghe vs Taylor, Barrera vs Pacman, Hatton vs Castillo on one card, i'm sure they would rank in much more than 700,000

Maybe i should have rephrased myself boxing is not dead, look around there are multiple boxing events happening everyday, every w/e. Boxing right now has a slew of young stars and yes one fight can spark this up... Regardless of whoever wins there is nothing but blockbuster fights lined up... Cotto, Hatton, Taylor, Margarito etc....

The flaw with boxing is they need to have better match ups. Have the best fight the best!

Bro,, when you compare the longevity of boxing and the longevity of the UFC this should not even be a debate! The truth is, boxing needs a serious resurection, and soon.. MMA is growing at a staggering rate! Actually I will make a predication,, There will be a pro boxer, if not boxers in the near future who will take on MMA fighters, in the cage, to gain more exposure and perhaps more $$$.. It may seem far fetched, but hey stranger shit has happened..

[QUOTE] What would happen if boxing had UFC type of events on PPV? imagine a PBF vs DLH, Calzaghe vs Taylor, Barrera vs Pacman, Hatton vs Castillo on one card, i'm sure they would rank in much more than 700,000[QUOTE] Let's be serious here,, will that ever happen?? I dont think so.. These fighters fight once, at most twice a year! Are they going to waste it on one card?! No.. THe public has turned into a blood-hungry crowd.. They want to see fights every month or so... A great boxing match comes what, maybe once or twice a year?!?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3240&zoneid=3

Live Gate Sales (United States)

1. Boxing's Biggest Event of 2006: $7,636,000 (De la Hoya vs. Mayorga)

2. MMA's Biggest Event of 2006: $5,397,300 (UFC 66)

3. Pro Wrestling's Biggest Event of 2006: $2,500,000 (WWE WrestleMania)

Pay-Per-View Revenue (United States)

1. MMA's Biggest Event of 2006: $47.94 million (UFC 66, according to Zuffa's publicly stated projections)

2. Boxing's Biggest Event of 2006: $46.20 million (De la Hoya vs. Mayorga)

3. Pro Wrestling's Biggest Event of 2006: $31.77 million (WWE WrestleMania, according to WWE's latest claimed figures)

[QUOTE=D-Bo Dre][QUOTE=heavyhitter08]

Bro,, when you compare the longevity of boxing and the longevity of the UFC this should not even be a debate! The truth is, boxing needs a serious resurection, and soon.. MMA is growing at a staggering rate! Actually I will make a predication,, There will be a pro boxer, if not boxers in the near future who will take on MMA fighters, in the cage, to gain more exposure and perhaps more $$$.. It may seem far fetched, but hey stranger shit has happened..

[QUOTE] What would happen if boxing had UFC type of events on PPV? imagine a PBF vs DLH, Calzaghe vs Taylor, Barrera vs Pacman, Hatton vs Castillo on one card, i'm sure they would rank in much more than 700,000
    Let's be serious here,, will that ever happen?? I dont think so.. These fighters fight once, at most twice a year! Are they going to waste it on one card?! No.. THe public has turned into a blood-hungry crowd.. They want to see fights every month or so... A great boxing match comes what, maybe once or twice a year?!?
    You are basing your views on the american crowd. Yes us Americans are turing into blood thirsty fans, that's why in the US people are turning to MMA. But in the world Boxing is a far more popular than MMA will ever be.It's like when people say american football is more popular than soccer... maybe here but in the world american footbal will never come close to futbol

There are great boxing matches multiple times a year just because you know nothing about boxing doesn't mean you can make that assumption. Weren't you the person that compared vargas being better than mayweather in the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by testisbest
    Chuck/Rampage will sell more than DLH/PBF
    You are OUT OF YOUR MIND! You have just lost ALL credibility in this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    You are OUT OF YOUR MIND! You have just lost ALL credibility in this debate.

For real! does he really think that more people know rampage jackson and chuck lidell than Oscar De La Hoya or Pretty Boy Floyd. I don't see chuck and rampage getting their own 4 series show on HBO!

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter08
    For real! does he really think that more people know rampage jackson and chuck lidell than Oscar De La Hoya or Pretty Boy Floyd. I don't see chuck and rampage getting their own 4 series show on HBO!

I think alot more americans know and want to see the ice man more than Oscar or Floyd. And it isn't just America BTW.

[/QUOTE]You are basing your views on the american crowd. Yes us Americans are turing into blood thirsty fans, that's why in the US people are turning to MMA. But in the world Boxing is a far more popular than MMA will ever be. It's like when people say american football is more popular than soccer... maybe here but in the world american footbal will never come close to futbol

There are great boxing matches multiple times a year just because you know nothing about boxing doesn't mean you can make that assumption. Weren't you the person that compared vargas being better than mayweather in the other thread?[/QUOTE]

Has "american football" ever been played on forein land?? Umm, no.. has an MMA event ever been held on foreign land?? Yes, many times.. So you really cant compare the two.. In actuallity where was the last UFC held?? England remember.. And believe me, that wont be the last time.. I know it hurts, but MMA is going global..

btw, I never said vargas was better than mayweather, I said he was a stronger puncher to piss u nut huggin mayweather fans!

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    The thing I don't like about boxing is that, the fights people want to see the most or think is the most difficult for boxers, they opt out because of ego. Example the Hopkins vs. Jones Jr. II that didn't happen. These boxers get these egos about money and status saying "I won't fight him based on percentage, I want 60/40 blah blah blah. Now Mayweather states he won't fight Mosley if he beats DLH. States he dosen't fight sparring partners. **** Mayweather, you got the money, go beat his F'n ass like the badass you state u are. That is the difference between boxing and MMA. Mayweather is a great boxer, but is a chump if u ask me. He ain't a fighter, he a business man

Although this will be a great fight, it will not save boxing. The reason being is 15-20+ yrs ago, many saw boxing as a way out. That doesn't happen anymore. The best athletes play other sports, that are much better on the body. Boxing biggest stars are actually the biggest cautionary tales. No one wants to be like Ali, broke like Frazier, Joe Louis, or Sugar Ray Robinson. Plus no one wants to end up like Mike Tyson. So the better athletes are no longer boxers. Yesteryear, we could argue that some of the best athletes were boxers but not anymore. Yesteryear, the baddest man on the planet was the heavyweight champion of the world. Not anymore. Is there any reason to mention the rampant corruption in boxing? No, because boxing has always been corrupt. The multiple feds, champions, and weight classes have also sullied boxing to the point of no return.

A Klichko(sp?) brothers fight would be completely boring because both are boring fighters and both would rather fight in Germany. The American public just won't completely back a foreign fighter. And for boxing to be as successful as ever, it must be popular here in the states. And there are no longer any other boxers out there that could bring the polish back to boxing. Boxing will always be one of the most purest of sports, but it's popularity will never be what it was. The only real way to bring boxing back... a truly great white American heavyweight!

MMAs popularity will slow down. It still has the shock and awe momentum. But eventually, because of the lack of superior athletes (I know I'll get flamed for that), it will never be as big as boxing. The baddest man on the planet will never be the UFC heavyweight champion. Everyone knows the best athletes are playing in the NBA or the NFL.

But instead of trying to save boxing (which will never happen because of reasons I listed above). Let's just enjoy the fight for what it is... it's been a long time that people are excited about boxing. So I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by test_cyp
    The thing I don't like about boxing is that, the fights people want to see the most or think is the most difficult for boxers, they opt out because of ego. Example the Hopkins vs. Jones Jr. II that didn't happen. These boxers get these egos about money and status saying "I won't fight him based on percentage, I want 60/40 blah blah blah. Now Mayweather states he won't fight Mosley if he beats DLH. States he dosen't fight sparring partners. **** Mayweather, you got the money, go beat his F'n ass like the badass you state u are. That is the difference between boxing and MMA. Mayweather is a great boxer, but is a chump if u ask me. He ain't a fighter, he a business man
    Thats an ridiculous statement! If Mayweather beats DLH what does he have to prove? Every great fighter has said the same thing. DLH just recently showed interest in fighting Mayweather because before, according to DLH, Mayweather didn't bring anything to the table. Now that Mayweather is considered the P4P best, only now will DLH fight him because he knows, win or lose, it will be his greatest payday. Most, if not all, great fighters have been business men first. If they weren't they would be fools and just fight in the street with every tough guy that challenges him. DLH even stated he's never been in a street fight because, why should I give for free what I get paid to do? Sound like a good business man to me!!!!

Some of you guys need to get a clue. Great fighters could care less about whether or not you think they are tough guys. They know that they make their living fighting so choosing the best fights for them is a way they make their money. It makes no sense to fight someone for pride. Pride doesn't pay the bills. And who is gonna take care of these athletes at the end of their careers? I would rather fight 50 fight for money and retire well than have a stupid claim to fame that I fought 100 fights for free and now I'm 80yr olds working security at the colessium.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Has "american football" ever been played on forein land?? Umm, no.. has an MMA event ever been held on foreign land?? Yes, many times.. So you really cant compare the two.. In actuallity where was the last UFC held?? England remember.. And believe me, that wont be the last time.. I know it hurts, but MMA is going global..

Um there is a pro league for american football in europe..

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Although this will be a great fight, it will not save boxing. The reason being is 15-20+ yrs ago, many saw boxing as a way out. That doesn't happen anymore. The best athletes play other sports, that are much better on the body. Boxing biggest stars are actually the biggest cautionary tales. No one wants to be like Ali, broke like Frazier, Joe Louis, or Sugar Ray Robinson. Plus no one wants to end up like Mike Tyson. So the better athletes are no longer boxers. Yesteryear, we could argue that some of the best athletes were boxers but not anymore. Yesteryear, the baddest man on the planet was the heavyweight champion of the world. Not anymore. Is there any reason to mention the rampant corruption in boxing? No, because boxing has always been corrupt. The multiple feds, champions, and weight classes have also sullied boxing to the point of no return.
    While that may be true for the HW division, that doesnt apply to the smaller weight classes. A guy that is 5'9 154lbs, is not going to succeed in many other Pro sports. So the lighter weight classes HAVE and will continue to thrive. YES. This fight does have a chance to help salvage boxing. All eyes will be on Vegas Saturday night. Attention has not been paid to boxing like this in a looonnnggg time. if they put on a classic fight, it will no doubt reel in many old and new fans.

MMAs popularity will slow down. It still has the shock and awe momentum. But eventually, because of the lack of superior athletes (I know I'll get flamed for that), it will never be as big as boxing. The baddest man on the planet will never be the UFC heavyweight champion. Everyone knows the best athletes are playing in the NBA or the NFL.
    I agree. MMA will NEVER, NEVR, EVER, EVER, EVER... Reach the heights Boxing has. It takes MUCH less talent and skill to win a MMA contest, than it does a World Class boxing match. It isnt even close. And I dont care who flames me for it. That is the flat out truth. (BTW: I enjoy both sports)

Let's just enjoy the fight for what it is... it's been a long time that people are excited about boxing. So I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is!!!!
    Heir, Heir!! It's going to be awesome. MMA can not provide the kind of Drama that surrounds a fight of this magnatude. There is too much LUCK involved in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information