TR'05 is offline Member

Sherk & Franca Test Positive!

www.mmaweekly.com

How do these guys make this mistake? Do they forget they are going to be tested before and after the fight?

All this breaks, while the big two sites are discussing whether steroids are an "epidemic" (as one put it) in mma.

...I almost don't believe it.
    Last edited by TR'05; 07-19-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Sepsis is offline Member
    sean sherk is on steriods ? NO SHIT!!!

alot of mma guys juice, just most of them are pretty good at not getting cought. anyone that knows anything about aas could have told them sherk was on the shit at one time or the other.

m8intl is offline Associate Member
    I like how right below the Sherk story there's a link to an article entitled, "Just Say No: The Growing Drug Problem In MMA."
    Who actually believes such a lame campaign works?

TR'05 is offline Member
    Sepsis, if you think I'm surprised at him using steroid , think again.

I am amazed at how STUPID these guys are! There are plenty of ways around the tests...they haven't figured that part out yet!

Sepsis is offline Member
    you are completely correct man. they stand to loose a career over stupid shit like that. especially because the masses dont know dick about training and supplementing and frown on steroid use .

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Damn!

Whats odd to me is that both combatants were popped.

The CSAC is out to destroy MMA, i swear. They seem to bust everybody and have the dumbest ****ing moron running the show. I would not be suprised to find corruption there.
    ***No source checks!!!***

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Sherk's was def a false positive. He was what, only 2 nanograms over the legal limit. You can achieve that with a hardcore training routine. We shall see, but I remember Gracie's levels were in the 50's while Sherk's was 12. Something has to be up.

Quote Originally Posted by testisbest
    Sherk's was def a false positive. He was what, only 2 nanograms over the legal limit. You can achieve that with a hardcore training routine. We shall see, but I remember Gracie's levels were in the 50's while Sherk's was 12. Something has to be up.

Normal range is 6ng

I think Sherk's will be over turned.

orton4 is offline Member
    yeah sherks will be overturned i have a feeling theres some studies ssaying high competitive athletes with heavy training and good diet can have levels of 10ng... sherks was 12ng.... also im suprised these guys havent been using HGH since its nearly undetectable with these tests... they are using long lasting esters like nandrolone which last so long in the body...

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    It's odd that pro athletes are getting busted for the same substance. Shawn Merriman, Sherk, Gracie. Many get busted for nandrolone and this intrigues me. You gotta think at some point, that these top athletes know that nandrolone stays in your body for such a long time. Which brings up this question.

You take a company that creates whey protein, nox, creatine, etc. Give the technology in creating pro-hormones, that somehow cross contamination takes place. It's like when you buy a product that states "warning, manufactured in a plant that also produces peanuts". They have to state this for allergy purposes, and I'm wondering if some of these tests could be because of this? Now, I'm not naive, but you have to think at some point.. Why are so many top notch guys, who make a living by their body do not know what to take and when to take it. They have top notch, trainers who know this stuff.

Thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by test_cyp
    It's odd that pro athletes are getting busted for the same substance. Shawn Merriman, Sherk, Gracie. Many get busted for nandrolone and this intrigues me. You gotta think at some point, that these top athletes know that nandrolone stays in your body for such a long time. Which brings up this question.

You take a company that creates whey protein, nox, creatine, etc. Give the technology in creating pro-hormones, that somehow cross contamination takes place. It's like when you buy a product that states "warning, manufactured in a plant that also produces peanuts". They have to state this for allergy purposes, and I'm wondering if some of these tests could be because of this? Now, I'm not naive, but you have to think at some point.. Why are so many top notch guys, who make a living by their body do not know what to take and when to take it. They have top notch, trainers who know this stuff.

Thoughts anyone?

I agree, with all the money floating around you'd figure they'd have the resources to figure out what would be best to not flunk a wizz quiz. I just don't understand it. Millions of dollars on the line for most of these athletes and they are all getting popped for a compound that shouldn't be considered using.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree, with all the money floating around you'd figure they'd have the resources to figure out what would be best to not flunk a wizz quiz. I just don't understand it. Millions of dollars on the line for most of these athletes and they are all getting popped for a compound that shouldn't be considered using.
    according to one of the articles on that website Franca got $30,000 for that fight.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    The UFC and it's fighters are screwed. Since the UFC is so popular now i'm sure many in sports journalism will demand randomized testing year round of any fighter under UFC contract.

Sherk and Franca are such dumbasses they get all that time where they can train and juice and not get tested, but they don't bother making sure it's out of there system when they KNOW they will be tested.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Do u guys think Sherk will get his titled stripped from him....I bet he will there not gonna let him be off 4 a year with out defendin it

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    according to one of the articles on that website Franca got $30,000 for that fight.
    Nah, Sherk and Franca both got the maximum fine of $2,500.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Normal range is 6ng

6 is actually considered the absolute top of the normal range, 1-2 is normal. i'm reading conflicting studies on this, but how come none the other hard working athletes (Olympians and NFL players) never score even half as much as he did?

more likely he was slightly off on his taper, and got bagged

Conservative is offline Banned
    I heard they are both suspended for a year, is that correct?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by orton4
    yeah sherks will be overturned i have a feeling theres some studies ssaying high competitive athletes with heavy training and good diet can have levels of 10ng... sherks was 12ng.... also im suprised these guys havent been using HGH since its nearly undetectable with these tests... they are using long lasting esters like nandrolone which last so long in the body...
    nandrolone is not an ester, the ester is attached to the nandrolone to make it last longer. the ester is also easily detectable, so it it couldn't be the decanoate or the phenylpropionate versions (they would be a blatantly obvious fail). the most likely answer is he used nandrolone base (easily available as powder for homebrew). this would be an excellent choice for an athlete recovering from the injuries sherk was. he just tapered off a few days too late.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by orton4
    .... also im suprised these guys havent been using HGH since its nearly undetectable with these tests...
    who says they aren't? most of those that can afford it do. it's just that GH plus AS is a MUCH bigger edge than GH alone. it's just hard to detect, so you don't hear about it.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$
    Do u guys think Sherk will get his titled stripped from him....I bet he will there not gonna let him be off 4 a year with out defendin it

hey, it was a fair fight - both fighters were juiced!

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    hey, it was a fair fight - both fighters were juiced!
    I agree it was completly fair but i mean there gonna have all the lightweight contenders fightin 4 pretty much nuthin this year cuz theres no chance of them getting a title shot within that period of a time and if i was a lightweight contender, id be pissed...

Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$
    I agree it was completly fair but i mean there gonna have all the lightweight contenders fightin 4 pretty much nuthin this year cuz theres no chance of them getting a title shot within that period of a time and if i was a lightweight contender, id be pissed...
    Not sure.. they way they do it with injuries..(example Tim Sylvia)

they had 2 top contenders fight for the interim championship.

and than later on the old champ fights the interim champ..

or it it takes to long they'd prolly just strip him.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    6 is actually considered the absolute top of the normal range, 1-2 is normal. i'm reading conflicting studies on this, but how come none the other hard working athletes (Olympians and NFL players) never score even half as much as he did?

more likely he was slightly off on his taper, and got bagged

You are correct, 6ng is considered possible range for a high endurance athlete after intense training.

So 12ng is gonna be tough to explain and I agree, he either got some contamination from other supps or missed the right time to come off.

Alot of these guys do this for injuries etc...can you blame them?

Sylvia came out and said he did AAS because he wanted to look better physically. Franca came out and said it was to speed up recovery on an injury.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=muriloninja]You are correct, 6ng is considered possible range for a high endurance athlete after intense training.

So 12ng is gonna be tough to explain and I agree, he either got some contamination from other supps or missed the right time to come off.

Alot of these guys do this for injuries etc...can you blame them?

Sylvia came out and said he did AAS because he wanted to look better physically. Franca came out and said it was to speed up recovery on an injury./QUOTE]

James Toney said something similar when he was busted.

Nah, Sherk and Franca both got the maximum fine of $2,500.
    Haha no u miss understood me... Franca's purse for the fight was 30,000..

it was a response to the guy that mentioned they make millions.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I think the million dollar comment was in reference to my comment about other sports as well. Merriman makes millions when its all said and done. Look at all sports that juice and for some reason many get busted for nandrolone .

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    Haha no u miss understood me... Franca's purse for the fight was 30,000..

it was a response to the guy that mentioned they make millions.
    Yea, that was me that made the comment on getting millions being an athlete. I was referring to pro football and baseball players as well as boxers. It just doesn't sit well that these guys take $hit that lingers in your system as long as deca despite all of the resources available to them. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thread Information