nyckid is offline Junior Member

They Did It! Hatton-mayweather Signed The Contracts.

Ray Hatton confirmed today that contracts have been signed for Ricky Hatton’s December 8 super-fight against Floyd Mayweather.

http://www.fightbeat.com/news_details.php?NW=2172

Hatton is going to beat down Mayweather and retire as the best

bigboy003 is offline Junior Member
    I hope Hatton beats the hell out of him...i hate mayweather....

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    yeah...I am not a big hatton fan..but I have followed him over the years as he has maintained a record far better than that of maywether's. Though I am not a hatton fan...as a long time boxing fan and as a one time boxer myself...I must say I really can't stand Floyd Mayweather Jr. In my opinion he is all hype and he really isnt a good fighter in any way whatsoever..he has extrmemly good defense or "running" and he has fast hands when he strikes first or throws a single blow. Mayweather lacks a fighters heart though..he wins like a bitch and in exchanges lol....he gets straight murdered...just watch how EVERY time he and De La Hoya traded blows de la hoya was beatsing him every time. I don't want a bitch like mayweather to remain udnefeated and hit the record books...i wnat him to get ko'd. He is only lucky he never had to fight a real prizefighter in his prime like a Tyson, or Jones Jr. type person....because he would get KO'd in the first 2-3 rounds.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    should be a great fight carnt wait
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfaceb3
    yeah...I am not a big hatton fan..but I have followed him over the years as he has maintained a record far better than that of maywether's. Though I am not a hatton fan...as a long time boxing fan and as a one time boxer myself...I must say I really can't stand Floyd Mayweather Jr. In my opinion he is all hype and he really isnt a good fighter in any way whatsoever..he has extrmemly good defense or "running" and he has fast hands when he strikes first or throws a single blow. Mayweather lacks a fighters heart though..he wins like a bitch and in exchanges lol....he gets straight murdered...just watch how EVERY time he and De La Hoya traded blows de la hoya was beatsing him every time. I don't want a bitch like mayweather to remain udnefeated and hit the record books...i wnat him to get ko'd. He is only lucky he never had to fight a real prizefighter in his prime like a Tyson, or Jones Jr. type person....because he would get KO'd in the first 2-3 rounds.
    In bold, what are you talking about?

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    I have followed him over the years as he has maintained a record far better than that of maywether's.
    You MUST be high on something... Do you even watch boxing? Seriously??

Watch at 1:24 of this video. This is exactly what Hatton will look like trying to Swarm PBF... right before Floyd K.O's him. Floyds defense is ridiculous.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZBr-h2_h...elated&search=

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    You MUST be high on something... Do you even watch boxing? Seriously??

Watch at 1:24 of this video. This is exactly what Hatton will look like trying to Swarm PBF... right before Floyd K.O's him. Floyds defense is ridiculous.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZBr-h2_h...elated&search=
    TIght highlight reel.. Although I am a HUGE Mayweather Hater, I just cant see a Hatton win.. Hatton is going to fold under pressure ..

This will hopefully set up a Cotto fight in the near future!!! Well, that's obviously after another Mayweather "retirement"

Hatton is a hyped up barfly, who mugs and hugs whenever he fights anyone with even a LITTLE bit of credibility... but really, he has fought a bunch of has-been’s and nobodies...

Floyd is a WORLD CLASS ATHLETE, who stays in tip top shape YEAR ROUND.

This fight is not even going to be close. Hatton is WAYYYYY out of his league.

I’m sorry to upset our friends on the other side of the pond... but it's true. Hatton is just not on Floyd’s level.

BTW: I’m still taking bets… for anyone who thinks otherwise. ( NO 's)

I said in Bold that i have followed ricky hatton over the years and he has a better record than mayweather. And you ask what am I talking about and ask do i even watch boxing. What are YOU talking about kid? Its not a complicated equation it is simple math. Mayweather record is : 38-0......Hattons record is 43-0. Both have the same amount of losses (0), but hatton has 5 more wins...making him the fighter w/ the better record. now do you understand? (43 is a larger number than 38)...(43>38)...etc. Anyways it should be a good a fight. I will not bet money on hatton because i do agree that amyweather is the better athlete/boxer....but i think hatton is an overall ebtter fighter and would really like to see hatton end mayweathers career. But this likely won't happen because: 1) Mayweather will run (avoiding serious exchanges) which will lead to only one thing for judges to go by "who evaded the best."
    2) If the going gets tough PBF will run and resort to his famous one....maybe if hes lucky...a whopping TWO punch combinations that lack andy merit whatseover.
    3)Mayweather has he homefeild advantage...the fame...and "suppoedly" more to offer to the sport....he will not "decisively" do anything but will win because of his name and because the sport of boxing finds it bad to lose an udnefeated record of a superstar (decreased intrest in that previously undefeeated athlete.)

And whoever said mayweather is a world class athlete..yes he is...but in the top 15 boxers/fighters of all time (as he claims)....hahahha...HELL NO. An Ali, Frasier, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Jones Jr., B-hop, Suagr Ray Robinson/Leonard, would straight EMABARRES PBF....he should be thankful he came up ina generation where his sport and weight class are not very compettive. PBF is all hype..let him go up like 3-4 weight classes like Jones Jr. did...shyt let him fight Jones Jr. now out of his prime and watch PBF get KO"d. his defense aint shyt compared to a Roy Jones...or Ali. He is good as EVADING his actual dfense/blockign is weak as shyt...good defsne is demonstarted when DLH blocked probbaly literally 80-85% of PBF punches w/ his glove and didn't have to run or duck and dodge to do it. Compubox said he landed like 75% of the punches that he obviously didn't. Compubox is bullshyt...shane mosley i thnik it was once counted in his head the number of punches he landed in a 2 round period and after the fight COMPUBOX had given him like 30 sumthing percent more than he had landed so for all of you PBF fanboys you cannget off of his nutts...yeah he did beat DLH...and its over..but those punches he was throwing that supposedly are the statistical proof he won are BS. wahtch the fight again...zoom in...slow-mo it...count 2-3 rounds yourself and compare it...it is not real.
    Last edited by yungfaceb3; 08-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.

I said in Bold that i have followed ricky hatton over the years and he has a better record than mayweather. And you ask what am I talking about and ask do i even watch boxing. What are YOU talking about kid? Its not a complicated equation it is simple math. Mayweather record is : 38-0......Hattons record is 43-0. Both have the same amount of losses (0), but hatton has 5 more wins...making him the fighter w/ the better record. now do you understand? (43 is a larger number than 38)...(43>38)...etc.
    More wins does NOT = A Better Record. It just means he fought 5 more BUMS.

Anyways it should be a good a fight.
    No it won’t. It will be lopsided. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I will not bet money on hatton because i do agree that amyweather is the better athlete/boxer....but i think hatton is an overall ebtter fighter and would really like to see hatton end mayweathers career.
    Unfortunately, Hatton is NOT good enough to end Floyd’s career. Actually, he may not even be good enough to win a round.

But this likely won't happen because: 1) Mayweather will run (avoiding serious exchanges) which will lead to only one thing for judges to go by "who evaded the best."
    Why would he run from Hatton?? (Except to avoid the dreaded “Hug and Mug”?)

2) If the going gets tough PBF will run and resort to his famous one....maybe if hes lucky...a whopping TWO punch combinations that lack andy merit whatseover.
    ... Or his 5, 6, 7 punch combinations, that come from every single different angle imaginable.

3)Mayweather has he homefeild advantage...the fame...and "suppoedly" more to offer to the sport....he will not "decisively" do anything but will win because of his name and because the sport of boxing finds it bad to lose an udnefeated record of a superstar (decreased intrest in that previously undefeeated athlete.)
    ...I would be surprised if it goes to the cards. Hatton will be lucky to survive past eight. My guess is ref Stoppage around rd. 7

And whoever said mayweather is a world class athlete..yes he is...
    So we agree...

but in the top 15 boxers/fighters of all time (as he claims)....hahahha...HELL NO. An Ali, Frasier, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Jones Jr., B-hop, Suagr Ray Robinson/Leonard, would straight EMABARRES PBF....
    I hope so... considering they all fought between MW-HW in their prime(s)...

shyt let him fight Jones Jr. now out of his prime and watch PBF get KO"d. his defense aint shyt compared to a Roy Jones...
    You do realize that RJJ is a LHW (175lbs) and PBF is a natural 147....right??

He is good as EVADING his actual dfense/blockign is weak as shyt...
    Yeah. Floyd has a HORRIBLE defense. You’re right. Nearly EVERY SINGLE BOXING EXPERT IN THE WORLD must be watching something different.

yeah he did beat DLH...
    So if you admit this, everything else you said about the fight really is irrelevant. HE BEAT HIM. DLH abandoned the jab... Wanna know why?? Floyd was WAYYY too fast and Oscar realized it. He stopped throwing it, because he knew Floyd's counter shots were TOO FAST for him to deal with. Why else would he go away from it?? It was the KEY to his early effectiveness. It’s the only thing that got him close enough to use his size advantage!

DieselDP11 is offline New Member
    Hatton by split decision..Mayweather cries that the judges were wrong...guaranteed!

well you exactly right...IF it is a split decision...PBF will cry..its just his character. Anyways in regards to people who take things too damn literally...I know Tyson-jones Jr. and all of those others are/ were MW-HW fighters...what i was saying was not that if tyson foguht PBF...lol...which would be like a Tiger vs a rabbit in cage....I meant a Tyson CALIBER fighter in the welterweight/ super welterweight weight class...or Jones Jr. weltwerweight version...and so on. A fighter like that would KO PBF if not in the first than in the 3rd round. as far as Hatton ahving the better record..YES he does. You can use the "oh only 5 more bums " excuse but at the same time your on the fence about this. Let me explain....if PBF beat DLH ...because..and ONLY because he "statistcally" defeated him not taking into consideration DLH was the chmapion who pressed the otherwise (dancing match) of a fight and was not defeated decisvely or even had a red face at end of fight..then STATISTICALLY Hatton has a better record..not taking into account the "questionable" quality of his opponents. And as far as Mayweather running..he may not..he isnt scared of hatton..i will give you that...but at the same time he called DLH abitch and promised to KO DLH but he was obviously on the back track throuout the 12 rounds of that fight. I will agree with you though..and I will disregard my comments about him running..ithink he will be very offensive against hatton. But as far as him throwing 5-6 punch combinations....ahhhh...thats pretty doubtful unless hatton is either winded in later rounds or he is caught and shows signs of being suscebtable to a knockout, but in the duration of the early-mid rounds i wouldn't hold my breathe for that..PBF isn't really a puncher. And from every angle imaginable...ahhh....imma have to disagree with that one two...he may throw a quick set up straight that doesnt do anything but set him up fro a quick hook but besides a low/ high shot combination he doesnt really bring much to the table for throwing crazy good punches like a Tyson or someone who would do bolo punches and was extremely good at uppercuts (another PBF weakness), timing punches, and creating devastating and pinpoint accurate power shots that leveled opponents even with great defense. And about Floyd's defesne..i said it was good..i jsut his blocking was weak. He is good at evading..good as hell i take my hat off too him...but you must also understand that the boxing experts and announcers are only so pro-PBF and overexaggerate about him because...hes the only "popular" undefeated american champion in boxing..who else can they talk about? and If you wanna talk about the experts they also said he was way better than Ali ever was..they said that while wtahcing the DLH fight and analyzing it..I didn't see a DAMN thing anywhere close to being on the same PAGE as Ali in that fight...so do you agree with them on that?

DieselDP11 is offline New Member
    Ali is in a class all by himself Floyd aint even close...c'mon now

EXACTLY that is what I am trying to say, but the so called "boxing experts" and "ring announcers" that have been involved with the sport for decades and decades say these things almost word for word....why?...to hype PBF's bitch ass up. and some ppl (including ppl on this forum) buy that BS...if PBF keeps fighting and takes on some real contenders he will knocked out...after that...all this "hyping up" will be focused on some other fighter...and you will NEVER hear any overexaggerated BS like this again about PBF. I mean look at Tyson...a year or two after he became the champ the first time..after KOing Spinks in 90 seconds and defeating EVERY available contender from past champions to hopeful up and comers..and not just decisions and bore fest fights like PBF but comepltely humiliating and devastating his opponents in early rounds...after his early years of this supposedly "invincible" status..the experts and announcers hailed him the best ever and placed his punches as hardest and most devastaing ever...his speed as one of the fastest heavyweights ever and his defense as an underated and amazing cgaracteristic as well. But at the same time...look ahead 5-10 years..his career is pretty much over..he still draws a big crowd so they hype him up..but you NEVER hear ANYTHING about him being the best..or even one of the best...you NEVER hear about his speed..combinations..or defense..only that he is a hard puncher...not a great puncher but ahrd puncher.... Just goes to show you the hype is only on the current athlete making the boxing comission and the sport money....you can't take it literally. And even in the hype of PBF...you know the majority of ppl were going for DLH when they foguht? because they didn't know who the **** PBF was until then and he is almos the same age as DLH..lol..if hes so great why is he so obscure to those who don't pay close attention to boxing?
    Last edited by yungfaceb3; 08-10-2007 at 12:34 PM.

EXACTLY that is what I am trying to say, but the so called "boxing experts" and "ring announcers" that have been involved with the sport for decades and decades say these things almost word for word....why?...to hype PBF's bitch ass up. and some ppl (including ppl on this forum) buy that BS...if PBF keeps fighting and takes on some real contenders he will knocked out...after that...all this "hyping up" will be focused on some other fighter...and you will NEVER hear any overexaggerated BS like this again about PBF. I mean look at Tyson...a year or two after he became the champ the first time..after KOing Spinks in 90 seconds and defeating EVERY available contender from past champions to hopeful up and comers..and not just decisions and bore fest fights like PBF but comepltely humiliating and devastating his opponents in early rounds...after his early years of this supposedly "invincible" status..the experts and announcers hailed him the best ever and placed his punches as hardest and most devastaing ever...his speed as one of the fastest heavyweights ever and his defense as an underated and amazing cgaracteristic as well. But at the same time...look ahead 5-10 years..his career is pretty much over..he still draws a big crowd so they hype him up..but you NEVER hear ANYTHING about him being the best..or even one of the best...you NEVER hear about his speed..combinations..or defense..only that he is a hard puncher...not a great puncher but ahrd puncher.... Just goes to show you the hype is only on the current athlete making the boxing comission and the sport money....you can't take it literally. And even in the hype of PBF...you know the majority of ppl were going for DLH when they foguht? because they didn't know who the **** PBF was until then and he is almos the same age as DLH..lol..if hes so great why is he so obscure to those who don't pay close attention to boxing?

You make less sense with every post. Seriously... You are all over the place.

Why do you keep comparing Floyd to HW's?

Why not compare him to other 147lbers... Name one fighter at 147, who Floyd doesnt stack up to. EVER.

And PLEASE get off the Tyson thing... Tyson fought a bunch of bums. In his prime, he was FUN to watch. But when you really think about it, who was the best fighter that he ever beat? Spinks? Burbick? Frank Bruno?

When he fought the only guys who mattered (Holyfield and Lewis), he lost BADLY.

If ANYONE was a product of media hype, it was Iron Mike.

And Obviously NOBODY will ever stack up to a prime Ali. But not just for his Boxing ability. Ali was/is a LEGEND. He had an impact on the world that reached further than sports. Men like him can never be duplicated. They come along once in a life time.

You are the only person comparing Ali to PBF. Nobody else in this thread has, and no writer and/or commentator that I have ever heard/read has even hinted at it. It is a self-made argument that you created (in attempt to discredit Maywether). Just because Ali was the GOAT, does not mean that Floyd isn't one of the all time great welterweights.

If you want to watch BRAWLING... tune into MMA. This sport is called "BOXING". And (right now) Floyd is the BEST "Boxer" in the world, until someone can prove otherwise.
    Last edited by Mogamedogz; 08-10-2007 at 01:10 PM.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Don't even waste your time Mog...Mayweather will finish the Job that Collazo didn't.

1) Tyson (as a HW) was a hell of a lot better fighter at his best than PBF as a WW will and ever has been.
    2) Making up the Ali thing?...nopei am afraid not..watch Mayweather vs De La HOya and listen to the commentators if you wanna hear them say he is better and/or invest in some books by boxing historians wirtten in the last few years to see them say the same type thing.
    3) WW boxers in history that PBF does not only fail to compare to, but is not in the same category as: Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mickey Walker, Joe Walcott

4)I will agree that Floyd is a great WW and is in the top 10 welterweight fighters of all time, I beleive Floyd will defeat ricky hatton..he may even KO him...Floyd is the better fighter...say what you will about hatton he isnt 43-0 and for nothing. He does hold a lot and that is his technique which is kind of whack..but at the same time floyd is a running away/ counter puncher. Simply put..both Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather are EXTREMELY boring fighters and (though there are exeptions) they both usually fight like pusies. ( reason why i dislike PBF. Hatton isnt any better but at least he doesnt talk like he is) This can explain why they both lack the fame and draw of non-undefeated fighters and non-champions. It will be interesting to see who will win. Both are undefeated and wish to retire this way...I am curious to see whose career highlight and years of hard work (spotless record) will be lost. Likely Mayweather will crsuh hatton...big deal....he is the favorite.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Mog.. I feel like I lost a lot of IQ points reading this thread.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've learned on all these Mayweather threads that too many people judge him on his personality and not his boxing ability. There is no denying that PBF is one of the best ever. I remember going to barber shops as a youngster in Philly and hearing people talk about Ali and Leonard the same way they talk about Mayweather today. People need to seperate their emotions and look at the facts which are the hard core truth. Mayweather has very few flaws in his game. His hand speed is unmatched, his defense is unmatched, and his is probably the smartest (not IQ wise but boxing wise) boxer out there. He knows how to defeat his opponents and sticks to reliable game plans. He knows he's a prize fighter, not a tough man. He knows that points win boxing matches as well as knockouts, so if he can get a knockout he will but he's just as satisfied to dissect an opponent. Ali, Robinson, and Leonard all fought the same way, as did Roy Jones Jr.

Mayweather may be a loud mouth, but he loves and takes care of his kids, does tremendous amount of community work here in Vegas, and dominates people in the ring. Definately one of the greatest, can't deny the facts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    I've learned on all these Mayweather threads that too many people judge him on his personality and not his boxing ability. There is no denying that PBF is one of the best ever. I remember going to barber shops as a youngster in Philly and hearing people talk about Ali and Leonard the same way they talk about Mayweather today. People need to seperate their emotions and look at the facts which are the hard core truth. Mayweather has very few flaws in his game. His hand speed is unmatched, his defense is unmatched, and his is probably the smartest (not IQ wise but boxing wise) boxer out there. He knows how to defeat his opponents and sticks to reliable game plans. He knows he's a prize fighter, not a tough man. He knows that points win boxing matches as well as knockouts, so if he can get a knockout he will but he's just as satisfied to dissect an opponent. Ali, Robinson, and Leonard all fought the same way, as did Roy Jones Jr.

Mayweather may be a loud mouth, but he loves and takes care of his kids, does tremendous amount of community work here in Vegas, and dominates people in the ring. Definately one of the greatest, can't deny the facts!!!
    It really is THAT simple... It's easy to hate an obnoxious loud mouth like Floyd. But to try and diminish his accomplishments because of it, is just silly.

Agreed. He has had a career worthy of the history books and a place in history his very own ( as long as he remains undefeated)...but as an individual ppl dislike him and at the same time attempt to overlook and even challenge the successes and accomplishments of him as an athlete. I agree with you on this one. I personally am not one of these ppl...I can care less about his personal life, I simply do not really like PBF for the simple fact that I have spent money 3 times to watch him in an attempt to see this "AMAZING" spectacle of a fighter....and all three times (though I was impressed) I was also greatly dissapointed and felt like I had waisted my money. That doesn't mean he isn't a great fighter and I didn't mean to take anything away from PBF...but he simply fights like a pusie and I personally generally do not like fighters like that. Anyways..i never attempted to discredit PBF I simply stated facts and when they were discredited I defended them. PBF is 50% hype 30% mouth and 20% fight..but at the same time..that 20% fight is beating everyone else's ass so I guess he knows what he is doing. Let us end the debating about PBF and look forward to the Maywaether Hatton fight.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    It is the boxers with the "he's a *****, I'm gonna go in there, n just charge him like a moron" type of mentallity against Mayweather who are the ones that would actually end up getting knocked out by him.

Agreed. Without these kind fighters out there myaweather wouldn't have so many wins. At the same time...you don't have to fight like a pusie..to fight smart..that is not the same thing.

Agreed. Without these kind fighters out there myaweather wouldn't have so many wins. At the same time...you don't have to fight like a pusie..to fight smart..that is not the same thing.

Please explain how "exactly", (you think) he fights like a pussie? Last time I checked... Pissies dont become prize fighters. Especially not WORLD CHAMPION prize fighters.

Fights like a pusie because:

1) He isn't agressive.
    2) He fights vast majority of fights while back stepping
    3) Not offensive fighter. Relies on counter punching and mistakes by opponents to defeat them..which is I admit smart fighting..but still pusified.
    4) Has weak hands. Punches lack payload. (which is why he is defensive fighter..smart...working with what he has...very very smart. But i must say what he lacks in power he doubles in speed.
    5) He plays it safe. He fights almost as if he is more concerned with keeping a spotless record and being "the best" than he is with giving the fans a show and going all out. With his talent..(and do not get me wrong I think he has extrmeme talent) ...he could way more victories by KO or earlier KO's if he just went for it. He is damn good I must admit it...but I jsut think he lacks heart. ( my personal opinion)
    6) Prizefighter? Prizefighter's are those that make MADD $$$$$$$ for themselves, the boxing comission, the sport, and the channel on whcih their fight is shown. Prizefighter's are usually just as if not more popular than world champions (unless of course the prizefighter IS a world champion) becuase they are exciting to watch..you never what to expect. Mayweather is a great world champion..the best there is right now, but he is not a prizefighter by any means. He defeats his opponents ...yes..but he is not exciting to watch. Yeah his fight w/ DLH was record brekaing in profits but he was fighting DE LA HOYA...in a fight promotoed by DE LA HOYA..getting paid by DE LA HOYA. De La Hoya is..."somewhat" of a prizefighter himself..and he is the only reason PBF was in such a famous fight. But a true prizefighter doesnt sell out PPV audiences because of his opponent as was the case in PBF's single large grossing PPV fight ever..but becuase of himself. Look at Tyson..even after he wasn't champion material he STILL broke records with his PPV fights..if he wasn't anything he was lucrative..he would fight ppl that boxing fans had never heard of from places they didn';t know existed but everyone would tune in...why? because he was exciting ..because he was a prizefighter.

okay now can we just talk about Mayweather vs Hatton now?

Fights like a pusie because:

1) He isn't agressive.
    2) He fights vast majority of fights while back stepping
    3) Not offensive fighter. Relies on counter punching and mistakes by opponents to defeat them..which is I admit smart fighting..but still pusified.
    4) Has weak hands. Punches lack payload. (which is why he is defensive fighter..smart...working with what he has...very very smart. But i must say what he lacks in power he doubles in speed.
    5) He plays it safe. He fights almost as if he is more concerned with keeping a spotless record and being "the best" than he is with giving the fans a show and going all out. With his talent..(and do not get me wrong I think he has extrmeme talent) ...he could way more victories by KO or earlier KO's if he just went for it. He is damn good I must admit it...but I jsut think he lacks heart. ( my personal opinion)
    6) Prizefighter? Prizefighter's are those that make MADD $$$$$$$ for themselves, the boxing comission, the sport, and the channel on whcih their fight is shown. Prizefighter's are usually just as if not more popular than world champions (unless of course the prizefighter IS a world champion) becuase they are exciting to watch..you never what to expect. Mayweather is a great world champion..the best there is right now, but he is not a prizefighter by any means. He defeats his opponents ...yes..but he is not exciting to watch. Yeah his fight w/ DLH was record brekaing in profits but he was fighting DE LA HOYA...in a fight promotoed by DE LA HOYA..getting paid by DE LA HOYA. De La Hoya is..."somewhat" of a prizefighter himself..and he is the only reason PBF was in such a famous fight. But a true prizefighter doesnt sell out PPV audiences because of his opponent as was the case in PBF's single large grossing PPV fight ever..but becuase of himself. Look at Tyson..even after he wasn't champion material he STILL broke records with his PPV fights..if he wasn't anything he was lucrative..he would fight ppl that boxing fans had never heard of from places they didn';t know existed but everyone would tune in...why? because he was exciting ..because he was a prizefighter.

okay now can we just talk about Mayweather vs Hatton now?
    I could pick this thread apart... but obviously it's pointless.

Im not trying to be rude, but you come off as someone who does not know very much about boxing. Sorry.

OKay then let me come off that way..don't be sorry about it. I mean I don't know how the hell your going to try and argue about something like that..I mean look at every thing I said and watch every single mayweather fight...amateur ..professional whatever and THERE it is. Exactly what the hell I am saying. It has nothing to do with how much somebody knows about boxing...I do know alot...whter or not you beleive me...really doesn't matter to me. But based on what I just said...somebody that has watched lets say 75% of PBF's fights and know's absolutely nothing about boxing could surmise similar statements...its not boxing anaylsis..its simply basic math, 20-20 vision, common sense, and watching the same lil fighter do the same things over and over again. Its that damn simple. If you want to call wjhat I know about boxing into it..especially the mechanics of boxing and history of the sport...it just makes PBF look worse by comparison to better fighters. But its whatever for some reason you cannot understand simple things that I try and explain to you so here it is for the last time. "Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a great fighter. He is one of the great top 10 welterweight fighters of all time and is known for having evasive defensive skills second only to those but on par with Ali and Roy Jones Jr. He has fast hands...just as fast as anyone in his weight class has ever had. He is undefeated and will probably retire that way. But at the same time is a boring fighter (to watch), he lacks agression, powerful hands, and fights defensivley (most often on the the backstep counter offensive.) By his style I personally believe him to fight like a pusie, but his style is what makes him great at the same time. There is nothing wrong with his style as evidenced by his record and acheivements and I just think the way he fights is whack and doesnt' come close to anything dazzling enough to supposedly 'save the sport' as was hoped. He is great..right now he is the best...I just think he lacks heart and is more worried about his legacy than his love for the sport which is why he plays fights safe rather than giving the fans what they want and going all out. If he can smile every time somebody lands a shot on him to show how dman great and better he is..why can't he jump in there and knock the guy down again and again? the talent is there...but the heart..."I" think not." So if it is possible for you to step off of his nutts for a minute and actually "read" what I am writing you may understand I am not debating I am simply stating facts that are proven over and over and over and over again in almost every single one of his fights. It only takes 2 eyes and a decent short term memory to realize this..as sucha PBF lover you should have actaully seen at leasta few of his fights right? If so..then...you realize I am not attacking him I am just stating obvious fact that I developed from simple observation. Do you understand now? Let us get back to the original topic of the thread now damn.
    Last edited by yungfaceb3; 08-11-2007 at 06:54 PM.

So is anybody confident enough in Hatton to bet money on him? ( I am not betting just curious)

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    I cant wait for this fight but Hatton is going to be outclassed and get a boxing lesson here. Mayweather is among the best defensive fighters of all-time. Hes in the class of wilfredo benitez, willie pep, pernell whitaker. Mayweather is a force at 147 and only Cotto, Mosley and Paul Williams can give him a good fight. Hatton does not have a very impressive resume. He beat Tsyzu and Castillo who are BIG NAMES but at the time of these fights both fighters were well past their prime. However, Mayweather has beat a bunch of tomato cans in Baldomir and Gatti, beat a skilled but mentally unstable fighter in Judah and had an impressive win over a bigger, more experienced but PART-TIME fighter in Oscar De La Hoya.

Dont get me wrong, id love if Hatton could win this fight but I just think Mayweather is too good, too fast and too smart. I see this fight ending late or going UD in favour of Mayweather.

Thread Information