Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LBgymrat is offline New Member

Talking Affliction Card Is Final!

I can hardly contain myself!

Tom Attencio, a vice president at Affliction Clothing, on Friday officially confirmed the company’s new mixed martial arts promotion. He made the announcement on a preview of Friday night’s edition of HDNet’s Inside MMA program, which is currently available for public viewing on YouTube.com.

Fights between Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia, as well as Josh Barnett and Pedro Rizzo, have already been confirmed by the fighters and/or their camps for the July 19 event.

Matt Lindland also recently confirmed that he would be fighting on the event at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. Attencio noted on Inside MMA that Lindland’s opponent would be the previously speculated Fabio Negao.

He also announced the participation of Ben Rothwell, Mike Whitehead and Renato “Babalu” Sobral. Although Attencio did not mention the match-up, the Xtreme Couture web site lists Whitehead – an Xtreme Couture fighter – as facing Sobral at the Affliction event.

-from MMAWEEKLY.COM

cannot WAIT! a totally stacked card! dont fet me wrong, Fedor will win, as will barnett. ILL BE THERE! ANYONE ELSE?!

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    yup that is sick...
    Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia
    Josh Barnett and Pedro Rizzo
    Matt Lindland
    and free to watch also right?
    Last edited by Pooks; 05-11-2008 at 09:25 AM.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    yup that is sick...
    Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia
    Josh Barnett and Pedro Rizzo
    Matt Lindland
    and free to watch also right?

IM pretty sure its on PPV. I would definelty pay the money to see that card

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    yea its ppv the main promoter was on inside mma with josh barnett and dan severn

check sherdog 2 watch it

g0dsend is offline Member
    wooooo Sylvia, represent America

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    can't wait to see Fedor get back in there

Geordi LaForge is offline Junior Member
    If Barnett tries to punch it out with Rizzo (which he said he's going to do), I see him going to sleep.

I hate to say it, but I'm calling Sylvia via 5 rd Jabathon.

Castradomus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge View Post
    I hate to say it, but I'm calling Sylvia via 5 rd Jabathon.
    NEVER!!! I'm guessing it will be much like the randy fight except for it will end with a submission, but man would it blow if you were right

btw, LaForge what style grappling and how long you been at it?

Sylvia was injured for the Couture fight, and Couture is a bigger man than Fedor. I'm Fedor's height and at my best, I can force my way in on a guy who's 6'4" or 6'5", but 6'7"!? I don't think I could. Couture is also better than Fedor at all Fedor's favourite takedowns. AND Couture won that fight on striking. Fedor's reach disadvantage makes me think this fight will look more like Sylvia/Monson than Sylvia/Couture.

I've been doing catch wrestling (Shootfighting) for 7 years.

Sylvia was injured for the Couture fight, and Couture is a bigger man than Fedor. I'm Fedor's height and at my best, I can force my way in on a guy who's 6'4" or 6'5", but 6'7"!? I don't think I could. Couture is also better than Fedor at all Fedor's favourite takedowns. AND Couture won that fight on striking. Fedor's reach disadvantage makes me think this fight will look more like Sylvia/Monson than Sylvia/Couture.

Everyone always has a reason for their loss, regardless, i stand by my prediction. I know nothing of catch wrestling, and as such, should look into it.

jakk9011 is offline Junior Member
    This might be the first "non-UFC" event that I purchase. looks like a great card. Anyone know who will commentate?

roid_rage is offline Associate Member

not to desrespect you man, but... isnt it kind of stupid to compare your self with fedor... just 'cause you cant force your self in on big guys, it doesnt mean FEDOR cant, Didnt he just beat K-1 Fighter HMC?? who is about twice the size of Tim??? and probably HMC will ripe a part Tim... please make some sence...

By the way... In what is Couture better than fedor???

Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    and probably HMC will ripe a part Tim... please make some sence...
    ???
    lol u clearly have no idea what your talking about the man(HMC) is a chump compared 2 tim or ne other ufc/ex ufc fighter.

Fedor does not go for the doble take down, he always goes for the judo throws...

Well may be randy has better wrestling... but striking??? we are talking about fedor man, he has great strking, he hits hard as hell as well... and that's not me talking... look at his fights... and you'll know better. You are saying that randy has better striking and ground game, so pretty much youre saying his a better fighter... but that's your oppinion, to state something like that, we should look at something that's a fact... and 27-1-0, to 16-8 it's a pretty big difference... that's incluiding getting his ass kicked twice by a LHW, and fighting pretty offten in the LHW division, Fedor has always fight in the HW division and he is a pretty smal HW...Randy is a good fighter, lots of heart, but years away from fedor... He was consider a wash out fighter, before he got that victory over tim (who was hurt at that time), and then a victory over GG (who proved to be and absoluty fiasco) and then all the sudden randy has better ground game, better striking that fedor??? PLEASE... you are a catch wrestler, so you probably root for him... so I can understand your oppinion... I'm a BJJ fighter, so my style isnt in the game here, but fedor is light years away from randy...

And about HMC, did not know about those issues, but if he fights in k-1, he's probably ok to fight anyone, and HE WILL KILL TIM... tim's best weapon is his job, and his size, HMC is almost twice as big, so no jobing around, and PLEASE dont tell me tim is going to sub the guy, cause tim cant sub his grandma... if you wanna talk MMA, this is not the right forum... you can go to sherd***.com, and will talk much better about MMA there, my nick name is BJJ_Rage... I hope to see you there man...
    Last edited by roid_rage; 05-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny101 View Post
    lol u clearly have no idea what your talking about the man(HMC) is a chump compared 2 tim or ne other ufc/ex ufc fighter.
    Do you even know who HMC is???

Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    Do you even know who HMC is???
    lol yea a gd "K1" fighter oesnt mean he can fight in mma,evry critic expert mma fighter said that by fedor beating him means nothing,and it is a joke putting a fighter as good as fedor vs hmc
    fair enough he hadnt been in the ring for 2/3 years,but if you are as good as people say fedor STILL is he should at least get in against a decent HW with experience in mma
    Last edited by jonny101; 05-21-2008 at 06:25 PM.

buttercup is offline Banned
    good question, poor commentators can ruin a good fight, via the elitexc

mike954 is offline Member
    Sick!

Everyone always has a reason for their loss, regardless, i stand by my prediction. I know nothing of catch wrestling, and as such, should look into it.
    Ken Shamrock (for shame), Frank Shamrock, Sean Sherk, and Josh Barnett are a few catch wrestlers.

not to desrespect you man, but... isnt it kind of stupid to compare your self with fedor...
    It was a size comparison, not a skill comparison. Size matters.

just 'cause you cant force your self in on big guys, it doesnt mean FEDOR cant, Didnt he just beat K-1 Fighter HMC??
    Must you bring up the Walking Tumor? That guy wasn't allowed to fight in the US because his brain is ready to explode and his heart is ready to fail on a moment's notice. He's also a very bad grappler.

and probably HMC will ripe a part Tim...
    Utterly ridiculous.

By the way... In what is Couture better than fedor???
    He's a better wrestler and a better boxer. His takedowns, like the double-underhook dragdown that Fedor is so fond of, are WAY BETTER THAN FEDOR'S. His punching, which Fedor also likes to do, is WAY BETTER THAN FEDOR'S. Also, Couture was able to beat Sylvia and pass a drug/roid test. Fedor has never passed a roid test, but will have to for this fight with Sylvia.

Also, Couture was able to beat Sylvia and pass a drug/roid test. Fedor has never passed a roid test, but will have to for this fight with Sylvia.
    uhmmm forgot this... well... since you post in this forum... you sure know about roids... Does Fedor looks like a roid user to you???? come on man...

I would look like Fedor if I did what he does. Steroids didn't make me ripped, they just made me bigger and stronger. I didn't do any weight training, and it seems Fedor doesn't really either, he just lifts heavy crap and throws it around. That's what I did, and my physique started to resemble his. I made sure I ate lots of protein, but I also ate lots in general.

I'm no expert, but my training was similar and I think anyone in Pride NOT using steroids would have to be an idiot.

Also, as for Fedor's record, his last impressive victory (against a truly top tier opponent) was over Nog, IMO. His record is padded by a lot of less-than-stellar competition.

As for Sherdog...I'm sorry but I find it ridiculous.

man... he fought the best of the best at that time... may be they are not now, but at that time, he beat nog twice, he beat CC at his prime, semmy shilt (semmy is huge, even bigger than tim, 6'11 vs. 6'8, and he is 100000 times better striker that tim, he's one of the the best K-1 fighter ever... if you say, tim is a better striker, it just does not make sense to discuss anything with you) he beat Randleman, Coleman, Fujita, Ogawa, Hunt (by the way that was his last "truly" fight .. unless you consider Hunt a joke) may you tell me who were the tops at that time???? Tim Sylvia?? Tito Ortiz?? Vitor Velfort???? ('cause when fedor was fighting nog, CC, the tops dogs in the HW division...Randy was fighting Tito and Vitor, at the LHW division) any MMA fan knows that the Best HW were at PRIDE, the UFC HW was a fricking joke, AA and Tim fought like 300 times, there was nothing, for what you say, it looks like you've been watching MMA for only a couple of years, not much, or at least you've been watching only UFC...

I agree that fedor hasnt fought top competition in the past 2 (eventhough I think HMC is no joke).. but lindland was weighting 212 when he fought fedor, and dont forget that lindland is a olimpic wrestler, so he is mooooore than used to cut weight, so he probably just did not cut anyweight for that fight... he walks normally around that weight... but still, fedor was bigger hevier that him...

As for sherdog, you may find it stupid, of course, theres a lot of stupidity at that forum, but is the mayor in MMA world... so you'll find good post as well stupid post...

man... he fought the best of the best at that time
    I remember when Fedor was in RINGS and I remember when he came to Pride. He fought Nog and Crocop when they were at the top of the Pride HW division. But we all saw what happened when CC came to the UFC, so I think either a lack of roids or a lack of promoter backing caused CC to be less than stellar outside Japan. His victories over Nog do make Fedor one of the top HWs, but only ONE OF, not the Greatest of All Time.

semmy shilt (semmy is huge, even bigger than tim, 6'11 vs. 6'8, and he is 100000 times better striker that tim, he's one of the the best K-1 fighter ever... if you say, tim is a better striker, it just does not make sense to discuss anything with you)
    Schilt is a fantastic striker who is good at MMA but not great. He got famous beating up little Japanese guys but had a hard time when he jumped into the deep end of the MMA pool.

he beat Randleman, Coleman, Fujita, Ogawa, Hunt
    Out of those, I would say that only Hunt is a legit top 10 HW, and probably closer to #10 than #1. I also think Hunt would've won under UFC rules. The Randleman victory was rather impressive, but only in the sense that it showed how tough he is getting suplexed onto his head and not dying. Randleman and Coleman have perhaps the most wasted potential of any fighters ever, having never taken the time to learn BJJ. Fujita is good, but is like the Randleman of Japan.

I remember when Fedor was in RINGS and I remember when he came to Pride. He fought Nog and Crocop when they were at the top of the Pride HW division. But we all saw what happened when CC came to the UFC, so I think either a lack of roids or a lack of promoter backing caused CC to be less than stellar outside Japan. His victories over Nog do make Fedor one of the top HWs, but only ONE OF, not the Greatest of All Time.
    I did not even metioned Rings, 'cause it sucked... no hiting in the face to a down opponent... bullshit..

Man, he fought CC at his prime, clearly, CC wanst at his prime when he went to the UFC... and either if it was the lack of roids in the UFC, when they fought probably, CC was full of roids, so what's the point? he was at the top of the food chain a that time, and he lost to fedor. (by the way, may you tell me who's the best if not Fedor?)

Schilt is a fantastic striker who is good at MMA but not great. He got famous beating up little Japanese guys but had a hard time when he jumped into the deep end of the MMA pool.
    I brought up the schilt for 2 reasons, 1) he was coming of 12 victories and only one lost (to josh barnett) and 2) Because what you said about Tim size giving problems to fedor, he beat a much bigger guy, who is much better at what tim does better, striking...

Out of those, I would say that only Hunt is a legit top 10 HW, and probably closer to #10 than #1. I also think Hunt would've won under UFC rules. The Randleman victory was rather impressive, but only in the sense that it showed how tough he is getting suplexed onto his head and not dying. Randleman and Coleman have perhaps the most wasted potential of any fighters ever, having never taken the time to learn BJJ. Fujita is good, but is like the Randleman of Japan.
    You are totatly right... IS top 10, but at that time... they were consider if not all of them top five, at least top 10... and the most important... THEY WERE ALL HW... He, being a small HW, always stayed in the HWd, not like Randy, that was fighting LHW, HW, LHW, HW, etc... and I compare so much Fedor to randy, cause if Fedor is not the best of all time for you, I assume you think is Randy... who else could it be.. well, for me.. Nog is much better than randy... and the second best of all time...

Agree with you about Randleman and Coleman, if they've learned some Bjj, they would of have done muche better...
    Last edited by roid_rage; 05-21-2008 at 09:27 AM.

I brought up the schilt for 2 reasons, 1) he was coming of 12 victories and only one lost (to josh barnett) and 2) Because what you said about Tim size giving problems to fedor, he beat a much bigger guy, who is much better at what tim does better, striking...
    However, Tim can defend takedowns.

and Semmy couldnt? semmy, before the Fedor Fight was fighting in pancreas already, and had lots of fight (no sure how many, but around 15 or something) and also a couple of bouts in Pride and UFC... By the way, I think tim's takedown defense isnt all that great, after all, he ended up in the floor agains pretty much all his opponents, AA, Randy, Nog... it's nothing like Chuck's TDD...
    Last edited by roid_rage; 05-22-2008 at 09:33 AM.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    However, Tim can defend takedowns.
    Apparently not good enough to keep from being choked out by NOG. I like this fight but I do think Fedor will find a way to get it done. His striking is just at good if not better than Tim's and Fedor's submissions are better than Tim's.

lol fair enough we will agree to disagree,but i personaly fink tim would beat him easy n id bet my life 2

and Semmy couldnt?
    Bingo.

whats not true? for example Bas rutten said it was a pointless fight on inside mma,and you cant call him a hater.
    Bas is a good commentator, but most of his fights were works and he advocates a lot of silly tactics. Liver Shot, LOL.

Holy shit.. the added some more huge fights to the card....

Under card..

Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Vernon White

PRELIMINARY CARD (MAY NOT BE BROADCAST)

Vitor Belfort vs. Terry Martin

This card is got to be THE BEST EVER!!!!!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why Vitor and Martin not aired???? Vitor pulls all kinds of viewers... he is like mike tyson.... nobody wants to miss an old knock out artist's come back.

southmadejd is offline Member
    Hey guys is it true that all of the under cards are going to be on cable tv but the main event is going to be the only pay per view?

And I am amped up about Alexsander fighting also. This card is also going to be awesome.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    awesome fights

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    I share your exitement. I got fador and barnet too.

papaaj is offline New Member
    There is so many big names. Affliction is going to be just as good as elite xc wec and ufc no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by papaaj View Post
    There is so many big names. Affliction is going to be just as good as elite xc wec and ufc no doubt.
    Elite so far is a pice of shit...

hey Geordi LaForge jhonyy101... looove to see your comments now... HAHAHHAHAHAH 7 yers of catch wrestling my ass....

g0dsend is offline Member
    Cant wait for Fedor and Tim, Iam taking off of work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information