Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gottibme is offline Associate Member

Im so sick of Roy Jones Jr

ok listen since being kod by tarver he fights johnson and doesnt even look motivated gets kod again then fights tarver where he doesnt look motivated again losses a decision then he fights prince ajamu,whoops him and now he thinks his nabo belt is really something,he needs to get back in the ring and evenge that johnson loss and go at tarver again and this time fight motivated like he did with ajamu and stop being lazy,I mean dam hes 37 its not like he has time left so anyway roy if your so great then sign for good fight and show us you are

gottibme is offline Associate Member
    Is roy is something good?

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    IMO , hes not.... simple as that..you pretty much broke it down nicelly..

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    ok listen since being kod by tarver he fights johnson and doesnt even look motivated gets kod again then fights tarver where he doesnt look motivated again losses a decision then he fights prince ajamu,whoops him and now he thinks his nabo belt is really something,he needs to get back in the ring and evenge that johnson loss and go at tarver again and this time fight motivated like he did with ajamu and stop being lazy,I mean dam hes 37 its not like he has time left so anyway roy if your so great then sign for good fight and show us you are

HeHe RJJ doesnt do competetive fights ... Hes a one track pony ... thing is he was Sused out along time ago.

rooster101 is offline Associate Member
    some guys just dont ever recover from knockouts. some guys do.

4runner is offline Banned
    Roy is one of the best 175 lb fighters of all time.

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    ^ correction, Roy is one of the best of all time.

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    roy got comfotable, he laid back on his laurels and wasn't hungry, by the time he realized he had to get his ass in gear again, its just too late, he is too old

roy one of the best...hahah that is funny!

IMO right now the most exided boxer to watch is Winky Wright, just for his tremendous Defensive postions....

Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    IMO right now the most exided boxer to watch is Winky Wright, just for his tremendous Defensive postions....
    Old news, Winky is great but if you were not watchiing him 5 years ago you missed it all.

Roy was great, if you disagree then you do not know boxing.

dude I have been watching boxing to say more than 10 years that I can rememeber... he WAS a great fighter..never one of the best...hes just a model who can box...to much acting in the ring.... btw that is my opinion... winky old news?..hahah you must be quite the up to dated boxer analyst..

roy one of the best...hahah that is funny!
    what, did you just start watching boxing in the last 5 years? Roy had a great career and a couple of losses at the end of it doesn't tarnish YEARS of out classing EVERY challenger, in every weight class.

posted too soon.

Big Drez is offline Banned
    Bernard Hopkins > Roy......

Floyd Maythweather > Roy....

lb for lb...screw the weight classes...they are BOTH better overall fighters IMO....

dude I have been watching boxing to say more than 10 years that I can rememeber... he WAS a great fighter..never one of the best...hes just a model who can box...to much acting in the ring.... btw that is my opinion... winky old news?..hahah you must be quite the up to dated boxer analyst..
    He kicked Toney and Hopkins ass and both are future HOF fighters....not something any other man at 160-175 can say. Wow you really do not know much about boxing.

Winkey is 35 and if you are just getting to know him now you missed the boat.

let me just put it again, .. III , MEEEEEEE....i dont like his style...and that is my opinion....you think I dont know about boxing?..anywayss I have nothing to proof to any of you... arguing on the internet is just like a special olympics match, if you win..your still a retard...no reason to argue if I know about boxing or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drez
    Bernard Hopkins > Roy......

Floyd Maythweather > Roy....

lb for lb...screw the weight classes...they are BOTH better overall fighters IMO....
    A prime Roy beats a prime Hopkins and lb for lb Floyd is better than Roy. Floyd has a damn good chance to be remembered as one of the best lb for lb. IMO

Big Drez is offline Banned
    I think if prime Roy and prime Hopkins fought ten times they'd probably do a 50/50 or 60/40....I don't feel that statistically one is better then the other or anything I just happen to like Hopkins better....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drez
    I think if prime Roy and prime Hopkins fought ten times they'd probably do a 50/50 or 60/40....I don't feel that statistically one is better then the other or anything I just happen to like Hopkins better....
    Can't argue with that. I like both, 2 proud champs.

me 2..

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=001758

Some of you might want to take 5 minutes out and actualy look at who,when,where,points victory,how many fights his appoinent had before fighting him what the circumstances were.

If you do look closely you will see what i mean.

You need to look at the boxers he fought and the boxers they fought in order to get to fight him , How many fights they had weather it was points , KO.

How long his appoinents had to prepare for the fight.

My assumption is he was given fights at the right time on his conditions.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Roy beat Hopkins with a broken hand. Watch a replay of the fight and you will notice he beat him one handed and beat him convincingly. Roy was the only fighter to knock down Toney (until Toney's last fight) and he beat him convincingly. Roy beat Paz to a bloody pulp and for the first time in recorded history Paz didn't land a single punch in two of those rounds. Watching Roy in his prime was a thing of beauty. Completely unorthodox. One of the very few effective fighters in history to not use a jab to set up punches and used angles other fighters could only dream of. Even Ali said Roy Jones was one of the greatest fighters he'd ever seen.

Wishmaster, you've only been watching boxing for 10 years, that means you missed most of Roy Jones greatness.

look im nor arguing that hes not great, I personally dont like Roy Jones...simple...I may been watching 10 years..but I know about older fighters than R.J...

BTW for everybody else....take a look at the name of the thread...IM SO SICK OF ROY JONES...not HOW GREAT IS HE...if you guys want to remeber him, open a new thread..atleast thats the respond I git when I opend a WWE thread...so you guys do the same..."for love of roy jones"..sound good, wouldnt you say/>

He was a great fighter but like most made millions of dollars and lost the hunger and fell off its a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runner
    1989-2004....and only one loss...a loss by DQ that he avenged by KO 5 months later. How long exactly do you expect a man to be the king???

Another person who knows nothing about boxing.

In that case this record your about to view will make RJJ'S record look a little bit pants.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=005364

Quote Originally Posted by 4runner
    1989-2004....and only one loss...a loss by DQ that he avenged by KO 5 months later. How long exactly do you expect a man to be the king???

Another person who knows nothing about boxing.
    Harold Lederman..hhahah

Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    In that case this record your about to view will make RJJ'S record look a little bit pants.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=005364
    looks like a golden gloves record. I could go .500 with those bums.

Quote Originally Posted by testisbest
    looks like a golden gloves record. I could go .500 with those bums.
    Held the WBO FOR 10 years very impressive

you're right, I was just talking sh*t. I'm just not impressed with many of todays boxers.

What you think of the manfredo fight ?
    Last edited by Box This*; 03-23-2007 at 04:01 AM.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    What you think of the manfredo fight ?
    that joe c can punch. i dont know much about some of those dudes he fought across the big pond but 42-0 is still impressive. i know a guy who sparred with him before a fight in germany like 2 years ago and he told me he was beat to hell. he said joe was no one to mess with.

i meant to add that manfredo will probably get smoked. i was always a little leary about joe though. he's been champ from like 97 or so and has never attempted to move up in weight. i dont like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    i meant to add that manfredo will probably get smoked. i was always a little leary about joe though. he's been champ from like 97 or so and has never attempted to move up in weight. i dont like that.

I live in cardiff wales only about 20 mins from newbridge i used to train and spa with him as a youngster.As we grew up he turned into a different breed alot of credit to his father.

As for moving up a wieght hes tried but the fights just aint there..he said hes willing to move up lightheavy and fight iether Jones or Hopkins .. hes not so interested in fighting jones so much no more because he thinks jones has passed it and wont get the credit he deserves.But if he was to fight Hopkins or if Taylor was to move up a wieght then that would be more beneficial Kessler or clinton woods. In all honesty i cant believe hes even taken the manfredo fight because manfredo isnt exactly a 12 round boxer.. i think joe will use him as a project and slap him around a little before knocking him out.

Then you got little winky wright coming up also maybe he will fancy his chances of hopkins or Joe.

I live in cardiff wales only about 20 mins from newbridge i used to train and spa with him as a youngster.As we grew up he turned into a different breed alot of credit to his father.

As for moving up a wieght hes tried but the fights just aint there..he said hes willing to move up lightheavy and fight iether Jones or Hopkins .. hes not so interested in fighting jones so much no more because he thinks jones has passed it and wont get the credit he deserves.But if he was to fight Hopkins or if Taylor was to move up a wieght then that would be more beneficial Kessler or clinton woods. In all honesty i cant believe hes even taken the manfredo fight because manfredo isnt exactly a 12 round boxer.. i think joe will use him as a project and slap him around a little before knocking him out.

Then you got little winky wright coming up also maybe he will fancy his chances of hopkins or Joe.
    yea i see your point. the time to move up probably has passed for him to get credit where it's due to fight a roy jones. ya think joe is in that class? like i said i really dont know all that much about him.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Held the WBO FOR 10 years very impressive
    When you fight cans...not really

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    yea i see your point. the time to move up probably has passed for him to get credit where it's due to fight a roy jones. ya think joe is in that class? like i said i really dont know all that much about him.

If his hands stay injury free then hes got the class to beat any of them.

rock357 is offline Junior Member
    RJJ was always media creation and a superb athlete who knew how to box. He never was a fighter and never hadto fight until his last couple.. He really never fought any tough guys. Bhop and Toney? He totally got into their head with his flash. They were dumb enough to think they could out speed him in the middle of the ring. Other than those guys, the rest of his competition couldn't carry Billy Conn's jockstrap. RJJ could never have handled any of the older Lhvy pressure fighters even when he was young. Ever noticed what he did time and time again when some bum staggered into him and forced him to the ropes? He would smile at the HBO cameras and goof off. He could not fight going backwards, al la Sugar Ray. I always said if a man could put pressure on him and keep his *ss on the ropes and work from there it would be an easy KO. Look who did it, a sorry, old, slow, Antonio tarver and Geriatic Glen Johnson. I can't believe people today actually think he was one of the best ever? He ain't even in the top 25 supermiddle's or lightheavy's. Just a few that would have handed him his butt at lghthvy. Conn, Bob foster, Spinks, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, The Rock could have made lthvy with todays rules, all bad news for the cockfighter from Pensecola. Not to mention Hagler, Lamata, and Dick Tiger @ middle, Ray Robinson wouldn't have broken a sweat knocking that goofy smile off his face. When Ray was done with him, RJJ would have had a real excuse to talk in the 3rd person other than stupidity. Sorry guys, total media creation in a weak division.

Quote Originally Posted by rock357
    RJJ was always media creation and a superb athlete who knew how to box. He never was a fighter and never hadto fight until his last couple.. He really never fought any tough guys. Bhop and Toney? He totally got into their head with his flash. They were dumb enough to think they could out speed him in the middle of the ring. Other than those guys, the rest of his competition couldn't carry Billy Conn's jockstrap. RJJ could never have handled any of the older Lhvy pressure fighters even when he was young. Ever noticed what he did time and time again when some bum staggered into him and forced him to the ropes? He would smile at the HBO cameras and goof off. He could not fight going backwards, al la Sugar Ray. I always said if a man could put pressure on him and keep his *ss on the ropes and work from there it would be an easy KO. Look who did it, a sorry, old, slow, Antonio tarver and Geriatic Glen Johnson. I can't believe people today actually think he was one of the best ever? He ain't even in the top 25 supermiddle's or lightheavy's. Just a few that would have handed him his butt at lghthvy. Conn, Bob foster, Spinks, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, The Rock could have made lthvy with todays rules, all bad news for the cockfighter from Pensecola. Not to mention Hagler, Lamata, and Dick Tiger @ middle, Ray Robinson wouldn't have broken a sweat knocking that goofy smile off his face. When Ray was done with him, RJJ would have had a real excuse to talk in the 3rd person other than stupidity. Sorry guys, total media creation in a weak division.

Its sad to see that boxing is at a low in regards to money hunters.Ive said it for a few years now if youve got the right promoter then glory is in your hands.

The likes of don king and frank warren shouldnt be aloud to do some of the crap they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information