Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Rashad vs. Rampage

I guess the fight is going to happen.

Who takes it, what do you think?

I'm a Rampage fan, he's bigger, stronger, and has more power.

But I think Rashad might just take this one.....Greg Jackson.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good fight whoever makes the mistake will lose. I think Rampage has a slight stand up advantage though making him my pick to win. Its all about the left hand, havent really seen one from Rashad yet.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Good about time..I have not been calling them right, but would like to see rampage win this one. I really dont like either one but rampage is the lesser evil..

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    IMO Its a Coin toss

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Rashad seems to consistently prove everyone wrong but I will give him another shot to make me look stupid. I say Rampage and I think he will finish him. Great match up though

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i think rashad may actually experince some fear/intimidation ..though of course he wont show it. Dont forget rampage ko'd chuck multiple times a....and i know the match up makes the fight.and that should matter/enetr his mind but ......i have a feeling...so Ramapge (although i was 0 for 3 last time - but i picked with my heart not my head!)

Hell i was 0-3 and I thought i was picking with my head! I think you are right though

I actually just wrote a post and deleted it on why I thought Rampage would loose, he's my fighter and I want him to win.

Key Points I thought of:

---Rashad knocked out chuck, and now he's a knock out artist.
    Chucks style leaves that chin wide open. And he definatly did not knock out forrest that easy. I think Rampages chin can handle Rashads hands.

--- Rampages blocking, is the most impressive I've ever seen. Even back in Wand vs. Page 2. Look at round 1, it's almost like he predicts the punches

--- Rashad is too 'short', he does not have the length to utilize leg kicks, and not get caught in the process.
    Forrest can do that, he's a giant though

--- Rashads movment is really good in rounds 1 and 2. He slows down in the later rounds though.
    Look at the forrest fight, and how busy Rashad is. Around minute 2 in round 2, he slows down though.

It will be a good fight, intresting game plan. If Rampage looses, it's going 5 rounds.

With it being 5 rounds, I'm not sure who it favors though.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I actually just wrote a post and deleted it on why I thought Rampage would loose, he's my fighter and I want him to win.

Key Points I thought of:

---Rashad knocked out chuck, and now he's a knock out artist.
    Chucks style leaves that chin wide open. And he definatly did not knock out forrest that easy. I think Rampages chin can handle Rashads hands.

--- Rampages blocking, is the most impressive I've ever seen. Even back in Wand vs. Page 2. Look at round 1, it's almost like he predicts the punches

--- Rashad is too 'short', he does not have the length to utilize leg kicks, and not get caught in the process.
    Forrest can do that, he's a giant though

--- Rashads movment is really good in rounds 1 and 2. He slows down in the later rounds though.
    Look at the forrest fight, and how busy Rashad is. Around minute 2 in round 2, he slows down though.

It will be a good fight, intresting game plan. If Rampage looses, it's going 5 rounds.

With it being 5 rounds, I'm not sure who it favors though.

^^ think u meant to say why rashad would lose right??

Decent points but I think we all often make the mistake that just because once upon a time a fighter had suspect conditioning that he cannot fix that mistake. Rashad has come a long ways from his days of fighting Brad Imes at Heavyweight.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Decent points but I think we all often make the mistake that just because once upon a time a fighter had suspect conditioning that he cannot fix that mistake. Rashad has come a long ways from his days of fighting Brad Imes at Heavyweight.
    and we all know what carrying extra pounds of muscle does to your cardio. i dont see rashad getting a ko/tko or a sub on page, so that doesnt leave him much. rampage imo has more ways to win and i wouldnt bet against him these days the way he has been laying out mofos, lol.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i highly doubt rampage will get submitted. although i would love to see rashad try a triangle and get the slam.

i gotta go with my boy on this one. rampage by decision. i think evans is too tough to get KOed

i highly doubt rampage will get submitted. although i would love to see rashad try a triangle and get the slam.

i gotta go with my boy on this one. rampage by decision. i think evans is too tough to get KOed

I think Rampage does have enough power to KO evens but I also thing evens has enough power to KO Rampage. I dont think this giht will end in a decision....

Has Rashads chin ever really been tested? I've not seen a lot of his fights.

He wont' sub Rampage, I'll pretty much garantee that. Rampage is farm boy strong, it's just hard to sub the guy.

I think Rashad has a good gas tank, but it's not been tested in awhile. I'm sure under greg jackson, he's not going to lack the training to go 5 rounds.

I think Page would take it on the ground. Rashad is a good wresteler but I think Page is just stronger and equally as good in the wresteling game.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Really looking foward to this one, hope it last long, but I doubt it will. I think Rashad will be a little more timid then he was with Forrest, I mean guys really have no worries about griffin KO'ing them so you can take more chances. Page will put you to sleep. Cant wait !!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    [QUOTE=J-Dogg;4370505]Has Rashads chin ever really been tested? I've not seen a lot of his fights.

QUOTE]

Man when he fought Griffin, Griffin nailed him with a hook, sounded sic !!!! So Solid, Rashad didnt even flinch.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

[QUOTE=BG;4370570]
    Has Rashads chin ever really been tested? I've not seen a lot of his fights.

QUOTE]

Man when he fought Griffin, Griffin nailed him with a hook, sounded sic !!!! So Solid, Rashad didnt even flinch.
    If his chin's best test has been Griffin.....Rampage is in luck!

My ex caught me with a good shot one time, with a iron candle stick. Did not even flinch either

She actually caught me one time, with a good shot when I was dead ass asleep too. Just woke me up.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    rampage wins if he can get something done in the first two rounds, he never seems to have the gas in the later rounds ... so, he has to either hurt or dominate sugar in the first half of the fight

rashad(sugar) can hit, he showed that with chuck, popped him right on the chin and chucky went splat - i dont know a lot about sugar, but i do know chuck and him looked farily even, slight nod to chuck.

i put my money on rampage - but, any give day

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    rampage wins if he can get something done in the first two rounds, he never seems to have the gas in the later rounds ... so, he has to either hurt or dominate sugar in the first half of the fight

rashad(sugar) can hit, he showed that with chuck, popped him right on the chin and chucky went splat - i dont know a lot about sugar, but i do know chuck and him looked farily even, slight nod to chuck.

i put my money on rampage - but, any give day
    rampage also KOed chuck real quick. as far as him getting tired, i think after losing his belt so soon he'll really put in the work to be able to go for 5. him vs hendo went all 5 and that was a lot of wrestling, which imo is more tiring than boxing.

prone2rage, i know they both have power, but they can both take a hit. if rashad is watching out for rampages big strikes, that means rashad won't be looking to land one of his, and its a lot harder to catch someone when they are only waiting on one big punch. maybe not a decision, but i can't see it getting stopped early either

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    rampage also KOed chuck real quick. as far as him getting tired, i think after losing his belt so soon he'll really put in the work to be able to go for 5. him vs hendo went all 5 and that was a lot of wrestling, which imo is more tiring than boxing.

prone2rage, i know they both have power, but they can both take a hit. if rashad is watching out for rampages big strikes, that means rashad won't be looking to land one of his, and its a lot harder to catch someone when they are only waiting on one big punch. maybe not a decision, but i can't see it getting stopped early either
    remember, big chuck was taking a heft swat at sugar when he got ko'd... yes, rampage rocked chuck with a lucky punch,

... my personal opinion is that chuck has a glass chin when hit with a hay maker (wouldnt we all), but, at that level you have to take one or two of those and keep on your feet or at least hide well enough to recover

rampage wins if it is first two rounds

is there really such thing as a lucky punch? half the knockouts in all sports would be counted as lucky punches so i don't buy that at all. rampage was going backwards and chuck left it wide open

also i'm sure chuck could take a hit (and i'm sure he has) but he's also like 38. he's just riding out his legacy now, its to be expected that he's not the same fighter he used to be (like when rampage beat him the first time)
    Last edited by T_Own; 01-11-2009 at 12:50 AM.

rampage threw a punch and landed it ... as for a lucky punch believe in them - rampage was as supprised as all fighters are when they land a punch early on and end the fight... thus that is what is ment as lucky punch - the punch is ment and is desired to land ... but so is ever punch

o by the way - rampage wins -

so you're calling it lucky because the KO wasn't expected? thats only true to a very small extent. do you think most fighters plan which punch will be the KO? i know they load up on some, but a lot of those miss, and a lot of little punches catch the other guy off guard.

i just don't think you can call any punch lucky when they obv meant to hit the person. KO or not

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    roflmfao@lucky punch. chuck didnt even have his hands up as usual. thats not luck, thats inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    roflmfao@lucky punch. chuck didnt even have his hands up as usual. thats not luck, thats inevitable.
    good point

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    so you're calling it lucky because the KO wasn't expected? thats only true to a very small extent. do you think most fighters plan which punch will be the KO? i know they load up on some, but a lot of those miss, and a lot of little punches catch the other guy off guard.

i just don't think you can call any punch lucky when they obv meant to hit the person. KO or not
    you are so funny argue a point that is exactly the point... ok i go with it -

we are saying the same thing (i think you just want to argue)

so, under that light, here we go... have you ever been a fight? hit some one and watch them drop? then the realization hits you... YOU WON!!! you felt it was the same as every other punch, you swang as hard as you ever did, but this time it was the exact spot... the spot that turned the lights out. here is the point every punch is aimed or at least thrown with intent... however, they call it "lucky" cause it hit the exact spot you aimed for(again have you ever been in a fight?) ... cause the other guy is trying every thing he (or she, depending) can to change angels, levels, and block your pre-thought puch or kick... the exception of being mike tyson who would just hit anything you owned and you would want to drop... but seriously, pee wee herman took a swing at mike tyson and hit him in the "just perfect" spot, and dropped him pee wee herman now has mikes titles (if mike still had any) wouldnt it be a lucky punch????

even if pee wee ment that puch it was lucky cause it was perfect...

ok, so at this point i think rampage wins(most likely), i agree that every punch is pre thought or at least aimed with intent of dropping the other person ... but very very very (did i say very) few punches land perfect to "one punch" some one out... night oxox

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Rampage by tko late 3rd

I don't think it's luck.

Just because the person throws the punch, and maybe they are not expecting it to be right on the money. Their speed, power, and style all take into account and make it unlucky.

I have fought several times and you are right it is not luck even though it looks like it on
    TV.....It takes skill to land a punch so even if it looks like a lucky shot it is years of hard training.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_604 View Post
    Rampage by tko late 3rd
    Interesting, I think the longer it goes the more it favors Rashad. This is going to be good !!!!

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Interesting, I think the longer it goes the more it favors Rashad. This is going to be good !!!!
    If he comes in the same shape as the Forrest fight than it may favor Rashad. But he looked pretty good when he fought Hendo.

Mad HaTTer is offline New Member
    Rashad has better movement and better game planning....butttt Rampage is tougher, bigger and stronger...Rampage takes this one. First person to knock Rashad out.

[QUOTE=J-Dogg;4370639]
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post

If his chin's best test has been Griffin.....Rampage is in luck!

My ex caught me with a good shot one time, with a iron candle stick. Did not even flinch either

She actually caught me one time, with a good shot when I was dead ass asleep too. Just woke me up.

Dude your ex sounds like a real bitch

Rampage by hit and run

[QUOTE=Brown Ninja;4372143]

Dude your ex sounds like a real bitch
    Her new girl friend is too!

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    you are so funny argue a point that is exactly the point... ok i go with it -

we are saying the same thing (i think you just want to argue)

so, under that light, here we go... have you ever been a fight? hit some one and watch them drop? then the realization hits you... YOU WON!!! you felt it was the same as every other punch, you swang as hard as you ever did, but this time it was the exact spot... the spot that turned the lights out. here is the point every punch is aimed or at least thrown with intent... however, they call it "lucky" cause it hit the exact spot you aimed for(again have you ever been in a fight?) ... cause the other guy is trying every thing he (or she, depending) can to change angels, levels, and block your pre-thought puch or kick... the exception of being mike tyson who would just hit anything you owned and you would want to drop... but seriously, pee wee herman took a swing at mike tyson and hit him in the "just perfect" spot, and dropped him pee wee herman now has mikes titles (if mike still had any) wouldnt it be a lucky punch????

even if pee wee ment that puch it was lucky cause it was perfect...

ok, so at this point i think rampage wins(most likely), i agree that every punch is pre thought or at least aimed with intent of dropping the other person ... but very very very (did i say very) few punches land perfect to "one punch" some one out... night oxox
    I guess the surprise that you won is an indivdual thing. I have a right hand that will put an end to just about any fight. I know immediatly when it lands. I have only been surpised on the few times that I have landed it ands had to actually throw another one behind it. It isn't luck. I am trying to utilize that tool to end the fight before I loose. I cannot imagine how amplified that is for pro's with one hitter quitters. This my opinion based off of my personal experiences.

Griffin has no stopping power BTW so Rashad wasn;t tested there. Rashad wins the fight against rampage.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Page is a fairly technical striker but he looks stiff, Evans is much looser and has way better foot work which keeps him out of trouble and creates good angles to attach from. I recon Page hits harder though.

They are both good counter punchers so I think its going to come down to whoever can draw the other one in and catch him. I think it’ll be Evans footwork that is the deciding factor.

They are probably the two most closely match fighters I’ve seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    I guess the surprise that you won is an indivdual thing. I have a right hand that will put an end to just about any fight. I know immediatly when it lands. I have only been surpised on the few times that I have landed it ands had to actually throw another one behind it. It isn't luck. I am trying to utilize that tool to end the fight before I loose. I cannot imagine how amplified that is for pro's with one hitter quitters. This my opinion based off of my personal experiences.

Griffin has no stopping power BTW so Rashad wasn;t tested there. Rashad wins the fight against rampage.
    how many of those punches have you landed? cant knock me out btw... if cars cant and trees cant and dash boards cant - you cant... smile

Amcon vs HigherDesire @ UFC 96! I put my money on the good chin rather than the Heavy Right Hand. Let's make this happen.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

I guess the fight is going to happen.

Who takes it, what do you think?

I'm a Rampage fan, he's bigger, stronger, and has more power.

But I think Rashad might just take this one.....Greg Jackson.
    This will be a great fight if it does happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information