Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    chadstud is offline Associate Member

Lesnar vs. Carwin

Shane carwin in looking good after that first round destruction of frank Mir. He mimicked lesnars tactic and just swarming Mir and it worked for hiM too. Lesnar hasn't fought in months. These are both huge men but lesnar is a mountain who dwarfed carwin in the ring at the post fight interview. There seems to be no bad blood between these two unlike the Mir lesnar fights. So who do you see winning?

Also this weekends fight between silva and Maya is a disgrace to ufc fans. This is so one sided it's not even funny

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by chadstud View Post
    Also this weekends fight between silva and Maya is a disgrace to ufc fans. This is so one sided it's not even funny
    It couldnt be worse than the Leites fight, but who else do you put in their right now. Sad story, got to wait for belfort to return

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    leites took him all five rounds tho, gotta give em credit for that

JamesHowlett is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotimus View Post
    leites took him all five rounds tho, gotta give em credit for that
    He took him all five rounds because he danced around the outside of silvas reach for five rounds. Silva doesnt have any competition in the middleweight division right now. The only person id say maybe, is Sonnen because he might be able to out wrestle him for 5 rounds in an extremely boring win.

Carwin vs Lesnar is the first real heavyweight fight ive looked forward to since who knows, although ive never seen Carwin on his back which is highly likely where he might end up.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlett View Post
    He took him all five rounds because he danced around the outside of silvas reach for five rounds. Silva doesnt have any competition in the middleweight division right now. The only person id say maybe, is Sonnen because he might be able to out wrestle him for 5 rounds in an extremely boring win.

Carwin vs Lesnar is the first real heavyweight fight ive looked forward to since who knows, although ive never seen Carwin on his back which is highly likely where he might end up.
    Dont forget about Mirko VS Barry. That one is sure to please too.

Nate marquadt deserves another shot. He brutally ko'd Maya and is a stud. Yea he just lost but Maya has no chance. Also wanderlei has a chance. I'm just glad bj and Frankie are fighting although Penns stand up is stupid good and his jj is legendary.

icepick27 is offline Member
    I think the lesnar vs carwin fight is dead even I think that lesnar has the strength ,size wrestling and athleticism over carwin ,and I think cawin has better hands ,foot work and one shot knock out power over lesnar.I can see lesanr out wrestling him and conrolling him for 5 rounds or even pound him out on the ground ,and I can alson see carwin knock him out too .so with that said I think its pretty even I really can't pick .so who ever has a better game plam and sticks too it ??? I really am stumped on this one I like them both .

ya definitely pretty even. hate to see that one go 5 rounds tho lol. they would be two tired dogs by the end

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i really don't know enough about carwin to say one way or another... but i don't think lesner is all that great, I think his pure size is the only thing that has gotten him this far.

I would say carwin just because of pure knock out power, lesner this fair has shown nothing more than size difference in my mind to beat people. carwin and him will walk into the ring at the same weight. carwin probably stronger.

gunslinger2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    i really don't know enough about carwin to say one way or another... but i don't think lesner is all that great, I think his pure size is the only thing that has gotten him this far.

I would say carwin just because of pure knock out power, lesner this fair has shown nothing more than size difference in my mind to beat people. carwin and him will walk into the ring at the same weight. carwin probably stronger.

You are kidding right? Lesnar came in and beat two of the all time greatest fighters in UFC history and did so with ease and you say he only has size? Dude WTF? Carwin and him will not be the same weight on fight day. Lesnar walks around at around 290 and barely makes 265. He hits the cage at close to 280 and much stronger than anyone I have ever seen in UFC.

With herring it was pretty clear he could have beaten him anytime he wanted to and was just playing with him to prove a point.

The only thing Carwin will have going for him is better boxing skills and a punchers chance. I think to stand and trade with either one of these guys is insane.

Lesnar has shown great hands are u kidding? He dropped Mir his first match. He broke Heath herrings face and rode Him like a bitch. He has shown he is all around. But carwin has twelve first round knockouts and no losses. I can't choose I like both fighters.

Lesnar has shown great hands are u kidding? He dropped Mir his first match. He broke Heath herrings face and rode Him like a bitch. He has shown he is all around. But carwin has twelve first round knockouts and no losses. I can't choose I like both fighters.
    mir yes got dropped, but mir is not what he use to be. and it took him pounding on mir for about 70 punches to get him the second time

lesner is not garbage, i never said that. all i believe is he has not had one fight yet to show he has any skills.. he has only fought guys so far that "use" to be great... even a very very under sized corture took him to the ground and stopped his attempts once or twice. . . against herring, yes his first punch did break a bone on him. but even with a broken bone in the face he went the distance and the fight was Unanimous Decision, so lets not pretend everybody thought it was a blow out.

lesner is a good fighter, I just do not believe he is the top heavy weight in the UFC, and surely not the top Heavy weight in the world. he is 4-1 with nothing just special happening in any of the fights.

You are mistaken he ko'd herring. And I do believe he needs to be tested more. But Mir did knock check kongo clean out who has really good standup. I just can't wait for this fight. I think Cain vasquez should fight carwin before lesnar then that winner fight Brock. Vasquez will end up fighting junior dos Santos hopefully

You are mistaken he ko'd herring.
    are we talking about the same fight???

lesner did not KO herring, Lesner has not KO'ed anybody. yes TKO's.. he has not beaten down anybody in the first round or clearly besides a 3-7 min soo kim.....mir he is 1-1 with, couture he struggled to take down even though was much much larger than, and herring he went a full 3 rounds with a man with a broken bone in his face.

lesner and herring went 3 five min rounds and went to the cards where he one 2 of 3 judges... look at the records yourself
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesner
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522

But Mir did knock check kongo clean out who has really good standup
    mir won by Technical Submission (Guillotine Choke) so what does stand up have to do with anything? it was a shaking punch and then as most submission artist he went for a choke instead of letting it go to stand up
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-08-2010 at 12:04 AM.

You underestimate lesnar. He is the Champ

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    If Lesnar didnt bring that WWE shittalk to the UFC I would be able to like him a bit more... I dont know how this will end, but here is what Im hoping for... Lesnar laying face down, arms limp on the canvas with carwin softening Lesnars skull with each swing. I dont normally wish a nasty beating on fighters, but I think Brock needs a little ego crusher at this point. Nothing against his skill, just his attitude.

carwin has way more than a punchers chance.....

now i never said lesner was garbage only that he is over hyped for fighting one former legends way past his prime, and he did not dominate.. but to say he is some ungodly talent is alittle far fetched.

my real point is if lesnar is as good as you think, he has not proven it just by fighting a fighter like herring who padded his record with nobodies, and loses most of fights against ranked oppents, mir, tho good at submissions, has never had any impressive wins except nog... yes couture is a great fighter, but he is about to turn 47..

cowboy94 is offline New Member
    Sorry to get off of the Lesnar vs. Carwin topic but does anybody know when silva is gonna fight in light heavyweight again?

yes couture is a great fighter, but he is about to turn 47..
    So what does that say about all the guys couture beat? They were not good enough to be an old man?

Brandon Vera
    Gonzaga
    Vitor Belfort
    Tito Ortiz
    Chuck Liddell
    Jeremy Horn

I could go on but I think I have made my point. Randy beat all those guys and Brock beat him with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger2 View Post
    Carwin and him will not be the same weight on fight day. Lesnar walks around at around 290 and barely makes 265.
    both walk around at or about 300 and have to cut down not just lesnar, Carwin was 301 when he started cutting for the fight against Mir.

So what does that say about all the guys couture beat? They were not good enough to be (be or beat) an old man? well since you are taking one part of my whole list of reasons of why i think brock beating randy doesn't make him the greatest, to make your arguement on why he is, maybe you shouldn't use fights form 7-10 years ago

Brandon Vera <--- who is this to make the list, he only has one win worth even talking about. he is not close to being a top ten fighter
    Gonzaga <--- besides Mirko Filipović, has lost to every person worth talking about
    Vitor Belfort <--- went 1-1 with 6 years ago.. belfort is a middleweight was light heavy back then for short time, we are talking about HW
    Tito Ortiz <---- 7 years ago, light heavy weight not HW
    Chuck Liddell <--beat him 7 years ago, before losing twice to him, also LHW
    Jeremy Horn<--- he fought him ten years ago..also LHW/middle weight not HW,

I could go on but I think I have made my point. Randy beat all those guys and Brock beat him with ease.
    Randy couture at one time was somebody many wouldn't want to fight, and he helped bring UFC to main stream.. but he is not a top ten HW, in fact at present time is only 10th in light heavyweight on rankings

once again not saying randy sucks, but don't use randy as your whole reason why brock is the greatest

gunslinger, i realize you are a big brock fan, but you are mis-quoting, and taking things out of context trying to win.. don't take one line out and argue that if you can't argue for the whole point start to finish.
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.

carwin has way more than a punchers chance.....

now i never said lesner was garbage only that he is over hyped for fighting one former legends way past his prime, and he did not dominate.. but to say he is some ungodly talent is alittle far fetched.

my real point is if lesnar is as good as you think, he has not proven it just by fighting a fighter like herring who padded his record with nobodies, and loses most of fights against ranked oppents, mir, tho good at submissions, has never had any impressive wins except nog... yes couture is a great fighter, but he is about to turn 47..
    Never an impresive win by Mir?! He beat check Kongo silly and the submitted him and check has one of the top standup in the game!

And no I don't know when silva will fight l-h again.

None of the fights really matter until vitor is back in that class..

wow u really are making stupid arguements.... what does him being 44 when he fought brock, have anything to do with with his past fights?..

your are so dead set on trying to make brock look ungodly that you over look the simple fact that he came into the HW class when it had a lack of talent. a out of prime couture came up from 205 just to fight brock, and brock did not beat him with ease. it went two rounds, he was stopped on take downs and rocked on a few punches, it was a good fight, and yes brock clearly won

you are so dead set on saying brock is so so great that you are over looking that even if he is great, he has yet to prove it.
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.

current HW rankings, I beleive this is pretty close to correct, i think we all will see what brock can do with carwin this summer. and to say for the about 4th time this thread, I never said lesnar was terrible, just un-proven because of a weak HW division in 2008 when he made his title run.

HEAVYWEIGHT (over 205 pounds)
    1. Fedor Emelianenko
    2. Brock Lesnar
    3. Shane Carwin
    4. Cain Velasquez
    5. Junior Dos Santos
    6. Frank Mir
    7. Brett Rogers
    8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    9. Alistair Overeem
    10. Fabricio Werdum
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-08-2010 at 11:21 PM.

current HW rankings, I beleive this is pretty close to correct, i think we all will see what brock can do with carwin this summer. and to say for the about 4th time this thread, I never said lesnar was terrible, just un-proven because of a weak HW division in 2008 when he made his title run.

1. Fedor Emelianenko
    2. Brock Lesnar
    3. Shane Carwin
    4. Cain Velasquez
    5. Junior Dos Santos
    6. Frank Mir
    7. Brett Rogers
    9. Alistair Overeem
    10. Fabricio Werdum
    i agree 100% with this list with shifts soon to happen.

Smile

1. Fedor Emelianenko
    2. Brock Lesnar
    3. Shane Carwin
    4. Cain Velasquez
    5. Junior Dos Santos
    6. Frank Mir
    7. Brett Rogers
    9. Alistair Overeem
    10. Fabricio Werdum

I also agree with this list. I disagree with the way you went down the line to discredit every single fighter that Randy ever beat to try to lend credit to your argument.

you are over looking that even if he is great, he has yet to prove it
    Randy was considered to be one of the top fighters in the world at the time. Also Mir is number 6 on your list of top fighters and Brock damn near killed him in their last fight. I think what it comes down to is that you don't like the fact that Brock did not have to fight 10-15 times to get the title shot. He was a pro wrestler who was brought in to be a joke and turned out to be dangerous. Don't feel bad, it pissed lots of people off.

I disagree with the way you went down the line to discredit every single fighter that Randy ever beat to try to lend credit to your argument.
    did not discredit him, merely pointed out that success with 185-205 pounders 6-10 years ago, does not equal fighting a guy who walked into the ring at 280 not too long ago..

Randy is a great fighter, never said anything against him, but you can't use his record of long ago against much smaller guys to lesnar..

you saying that i used his record to discredit him, is no different then me saying you took his record out of context to say how great he is.

you shouldn't point fingers you are the one mis-quoting, and have had facts about fights wrong.

PS.. they aren't my rankings those were MMAweekly

did not discredit him, merely pointed out that success with 185-205 pounders 6-10 years ago, does not equal fighting a guy who walked into the ring at 280 not too long ago..
    He beat Tim in his prime at around 285-290

tudodude is offline New Member
    Assuming both have exactly the same Wrestling they had at college, which can't possibly be true, Lesner has that edge. He was Div 1 and Carwin Div 2...... I think, but i could be wrong. I haven't seen Carwin on the ground much dude to his blasting skills standing. A Div 1 SHOULD be able to out do a Div 2 guy. I am sure Brock is stronger.
    But has Brock lost something in WWE???
    I don't think inactivity will be a factor as Brock had been out of competitive sports for years before starting MMA.... I think.
    I think Carwin's seems to have better stand up, but he has 8 or so fights against ok but still soso opposition to pad the record where as Brock has fought top notch from his second pro match, this may explain less regular ko's.

From Brock's sake I hope he can take Carwin down and control him some, and for Caewin's sake I hope he can stuff Brock's take-downs and land hard shots VERY quickly.

icepick27 is offline Member
    This is how I see it cal me Crazy but I think the new mma are just more skilled then the old school they were one dementional "not all of the but most of them"

1.brock
    2.carwin
    3.dosontos
    4.cain
    5.mirr
    6.fedor
    7.todd duffe..I know this guy is green but I think he's going to the top fast
    8.minitoro
    9.josh barnett
    10.overeem

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    First off Carwin will destroy Lesner, ko in the first round. Second Anderson Silva needs to fight some legit light heavy weights to make it even interesting, like Evens, Shogun, Rampage, or Machida. Icepick I totally dissagree with your top ten. Do you even watch mma?

Heres my top 5 in the heavyweight division:

1 Fedor
    2 Carwin
    3 Brock
    4 Dos Santos
    5 Cain

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Heres my top 5 in the heavyweight division:

1 Fedor
    2 Carwin
    3 Brock
    4 Dos Santos
    5 Cain
    i like your top three, and even though I debated about lesnar's "greatness" i do believe he is one of the best out of active heavy weights..

the good news is White said he started talking to Fedors camp again about coming to the UFC. I would really like to see both Fedor and Rogers come to the UFC. I believe Rogers is one sided, but still a very good fighter, maybe even top 5. Fedor I think needs to start fighting the top HW's in the world again, and strike-force doesn't have them. . .

I believe Fedor is the best HW of all time in MMA, but i will say both carwin and lesnar have the best striking power in the HW's right now, so I would like to see Fedor fight them. but because of his of his BJJ Carwin is more well rounded than Lesnar. Carwin and Lesnar are the same size and strength, so I think the BJJ does give Carwin an edge. . I would love to see Fedor come and fight in the UFC.

the one thing about MMA that sucks is that two fighters can't fight if they are in different companies. which really puts the sport back alot. because you have lots of fighters that could either take some of the UFC champs, or at least make them better fighters for fighting the best in the world.

speaking of strikeforce there is a free fight on CBS on the 17th,this saturday

First off Carwin will destroy Lesner, ko in the first round.
    You mean if he can stay off of his back? Its real hard to KO someone when you are flat on your back you know.

I believe Fedor is the best HW of all time in MMA, but i will say both carwin and lesnar have the best striking power in the HW's right now, so I would like to see Fedor fight them. but because of his of his BJJ Carwin is more well rounded than Lesnar. Carwin and Lesnar are the same size and strength, so I think the BJJ does give Carwin an edge. . I would love to see Fedor come and fight in the UFC.
    I agree that Fedor is the best of all time. I disagree that Carwin and Lesnar are the same size and strength. Brock is bigger and stronger no matter what the "tale of the tape" says on fight night.

You mean if he can stay off of his back? Its real hard to KO someone when you are flat on your back you know.

I agree that Fedor is the best of all time. I disagree that Carwin and Lesnar are the same size and strength. Brock is bigger and stronger no matter what the "tale of the tape" says on fight night.
    Brock wont bully Carwin like he did Mir. Brock will go for the take down and Carwin will have Brock against the Cage and as Brock tries to take him down he will take Carwin's fkn jackhammers to the dome. Brock is not stronger than Carwin you moron, look how much faster Carwin put Mir out than Brock did, dont you even watch mma? Isnt even close. I fkn hate people like you who hang from that cocky pricks shrunken testicles.

And to top it off Mir put on 30 pounds of muscle since the last Lesnar fight and Carwin still put Mir out in the first round and made Mir look like a fkn weak amatour.

And to top it off Mir put on 30 pounds of muscle since the last Lesnar fight and Carwin still put Mir out in the first round and made Mir look like a fkn weak amatour.
    chill out. both are excellent fighters. this is long awaited as many have known more carwins last few fights he is legit and needs a title shot. but dont look past cain vasquez because anyone who eats one of his shots cleanly is going down for good. but that can be said for all three.

i used to be on fedors nuts but im startin to see that he is a coward and is not the greatest, the last legit fight he had wqas arlovski and lets face it arlovski was handin him those hands. granted thats how most of fedors fights go. it looks dismal for him and he pulls it out everytime. there is just no way being only 6'1 or so that he can handle, dos santos cain carwin or lesnar.
    i hope he signs with ufc and proves me wrong but until then im convinced hes evading the ufc because he knows defeat will be quick immenant

chill out. both are excellent fighters. this is long awaited as many have known more carwins last few fights he is legit and needs a title shot. but dont look past cain vasquez because anyone who eats one of his shots cleanly is going down for good. but that can be said for all three.

i used to be on fedors nuts but im startin to see that he is a coward and is not the greatest, the last legit fight he had wqas arlovski and lets face it arlovski was handin him those hands. granted thats how most of fedors fights go. it looks dismal for him and he pulls it out everytime. there is just no way being only 6'1 or so that he can handle, dos santos cain carwin or lesnar.
    i hope he signs with ufc and proves me wrong but until then im convinced hes evading the ufc because he knows defeat will be quick immenant

Excuse me dummy but Fedor's last legit fight was against Rogers who Ko'd Arlovski in the first round. Do you even watch mma??

Brock wont bully Carwin like he did Mir. Brock will go for the take down and Carwin will have Brock against the Cage and as Brock tries to take him down he will take Carwin's fkn jackhammers to the dome. Brock is not stronger than Carwin you moron, look how much faster Carwin put Mir out than Brock did, dont you even watch mma? Isnt even close. I fkn hate people like you who hang from that cocky pricks shrunken testicles.
    Not only do I watch MMA I'm the grappling coach at the local MMA school and you are more than welcome to come spar with me you little bitch. Sign the papers and we will put it on youtube.

Put up or shut up you punk ass mother ****er.

man settle down alittle, breath and give more fact or back ground than just name calling... nobody grows learns or can have even debates if we just go to name calling

Not only do I watch MMA I'm the grappling coach at the local MMA school and you are more than welcome to come spar with me you little bitch. Sign the papers and we will put it on youtube.

Put up or shut up you punk ass mother ****er.

though we have dis-agreed about if we can call lesnar "great" or not yet... because I do agree he is a really good fighter.

i will say lets keep the debates to facts or opinions that are based on something. . . this is a fun forum even if people dis-agree, you don't see peoples points unless you have friendly debates...

to everybody, if you can't debate friendly, take a breath and think before you type.. MMA is no different than rock, paper, scissors lets not forget that. for every fighter that wins 10 strait there is a nobody there to beat him with no reason why. . and until any of these fights actually happen, everything is just opinion so lets all settle down and debate friendly.
    Last edited by quarry206; 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information