Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jbran23 is offline Senior Member

Brocks Reign is Over

Great fight by Cain. He took it to Brock from the opening bell.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn Brock always fights like a damn tank... almost never uses his brain. Goes in charging like a damn bull tries to overpower the opponent. If shit goes down, he doesn't know what to do...

Also, what the hell is up with that beard? He looks like he is 100 years old... and he performed like it.

Tony Stacks is offline Associate Member
    Indeed. Great performance by Cain! We all know he's an amazing fighter, but I didn't expect such an early finish. His endurance is phenomenal. However, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Minnesota boy.
    Also enjoyed the Diego Sanchez fight! Sanchez is such an entertaining fighter.

Did anyone else see that moment in the replay where Brock was bent over, leaning up against the fence, not even attempting to block, and looking at Cain like... "Are you gonna hit me or what?"

Kinda weird

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stacks View Post
    Did anyone else see that moment in the replay where Brock was bent over, leaning up against the fence, not even attempting to block, and looking at Cain like... "Are you gonna hit me or what?"

Kinda weird
    Yeah he had his feet up on the cage kinda lying there lounging waiting for Cain to tee off on him. I thought that was strange as well.

I couldnt tell if he was exhuasted or hurt really bad after that first flurry because he just could not stay on his feet.

It was really strange. I mean even if you're exhausted, most fighters will at least put their arms up. At least make an attempt to block. He was wide open, just waiting to get blasted.

Kinda suspicious actually

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could be it for Brock. He may have to fight Carwin now to get a shot at JDS/Cain winner. I don't think he'll ever beat Carwin again. I think he loses to either JDS or Velasquez every time as well.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I would like to be the first to apologize to Cane for thinking he didnt have a chance in this fight. Would never have saw this outcome in a dozen guesses. Congrats the Cane for executing a flawless gameplan and not getting rattled in the first couple mins.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone have a video link to the fight?

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Great fight by Cain. He took it to Brock from the opening bell.
    yEH I cried just a little 2nite.As much as I
    wanted to believe it, I knew that he would not be able to beat Cain..
    All respect to Cain, He whooped Lesnar ass good!!!!

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    JDSvCain will see a new champ.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was really glad to see it. While I would be the first to admit that Lesnar has an impressive physique, his fighting style ( I have always called it slobbing the opponent) where he charges tackles and smothers the fighter is less than exciting to watch. Congratulations to Cain for an excellent performance against the most boring man in MMA save for making an ass out of himself speaking from time to time.

Sorry didn't mean to hold back so much some day I will really tell you how I feel.....

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    He totally destroyed him, well deserved victory. I honestly did not expect brock to be dealt with so easily

V-ROID is offline Member
    That was one hell of a cut...

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOPHILE View Post
    That was one hell of a cut...
    anyone got a pic of this cut? I only watched a bell to bell replay of the fight so I didnt see Lesnars condition afterwards.. Looked like he was leaking pretty good by his left eye

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    anyone got a pic of this cut? I only watched a bell to bell replay of the fight so I didnt see Lesnars condition afterwards.. Looked like he was leaking pretty good by his left eye
    The link I posted has Lesnar afterwards, that cut is pretty savage.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately Lessnar reign was destined to be short simply because he was/is an outstanding wrestler with crazy strength.However in the new world (mma) this is not enought to carry yourself very long.To maintaign rule one must be well rounded in all aspects of the sport.
    Lesnar will never in my opinion regain the title he was not that good of a fighter to begin with and now that he has been humbled I dont see him recovering and improving enough to compete at the championship level.
    So I say goodbye to yet another GREAT WHITE HOPE!!! You failed me...

It looks like Brock isnt completely done with the WWE either. This looks like an obvious hype job after the fight as Brock was leaving. Lost a little of its effectiveness with Brock losing though. lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...er-velasques-b

heres the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtx...layer_embedded

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    wonder if the brock undertaker thing is a work. b/c the undertaker does not like to be seen out of his gimmick and he was caught on camera

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Here is a picture of Lesner's cut & article

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2010/10/...asquez-ufc-121

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Brock got his ass handed to him on this one, Cain is the man and Brock is ain't going to have any success any time soon. He will most likely be facing Carwin again and i highly doubt he will beat him again.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A lot of people have been saying Brock got exposed last night, but I disagree. Brock doesn't like getting punched, and that has been evident even in his match with Mir. I've never trained MMA, so I don't know if that is something that can be worked on or if it's just something you're born with (being able to stay in the pocket and fight vs fleeing when you get hit). I think Brock is a great gatekeeper for the HW division. Anyone who can get past him should be a title contender. I don't think he's even top 3 in the UFC HW though. Smaller guys who can't wrestle are gonna have a hard time with him. Guys like Carwin, Velasquez, and JDS should be able to beat him every time so long as they can weather the initial rush.

Hopefully Brock will take this loss as a lesson, move to a real training camp with people who will push him, and help him get over his "fight or flight" panic every time he gets hit in the face. He's still got a lot of potential and is young enough to continue to develop and get better.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Didn't he say he wanted to go back in pro wrestling or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Unfortunately Lessnar reign was destined to be short simply because he was/is an outstanding wrestler with crazy strength.However in the new world (mma) this is not enought to carry yourself very long.To maintaign rule one must be well rounded in all aspects of the sport.
    Lesnar will never in my opinion regain the title he was not that good of a fighter to begin with and now that he has been humbled I dont see him recovering and improving enough to compete at the championship level.
    So I say goodbye to yet another GREAT WHITE HOPE!!! You failed me...
    I really couldn't have said it better myself. Brock Lessnar is a wrestler. Great size, and great strength. He also has the attitude & personality for that particular sport. However, in the world of MMA this really holds no water. An MMA fighter as you say needs to be well rounded and strategic. Shane Carwin is a beast no doubt, but in my opinion is simply a smaller version of Brock. Then a fighter like Cain steps up for the title... well rounded, strategic, focused, and able to put emotions, ego & cockiness aside. Not to mention his endurance / cardio game. As much as everyone loves the big Brock Lessnar.... his career was as you said destined to be short.

I really couldn't have said it better myself. Brock Lessnar is a wrestler. Great size, and great strength. He also has the attitude & personality for that particular sport. However, in the world of MMA this really holds no water. An MMA fighter as you say needs to be well rounded and strategic. Shane Carwin is a beast no doubt, but in my opinion is simply a smaller version of Brock. Then a fighter like Cain steps up for the title... well rounded, strategic, focused, and able to put emotions, ego & cockiness aside. Not to mention his endurance / cardio game. As much as everyone loves the big Brock Lessnar.... his career was as you said destined to be short.
    Carwin has what Lesner will never have, good striking and knockout power. Don't get me wrong i don't believe Carwin is a top 5 heavyweight but he is a fighter unlike Brock which just was a ticket sale.
    Last edited by bodybuilder; 10-25-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Im not a huge fan of Lesnar, but we are forgetting he dispatched a lot of very good fighters. Heath is no push over. Randy Has beaten a lot of top level fighters, Carwin (whether top rated or not) is not someone a lot of the HW's want to fight and Mir is very skilled.

Its nice to shake up the HW division a little and this set up some great fights for 2011. Cain/JDS will be amazing.

-KP

Yup cant wait to see that fight they are both really great strikers should be a very short fight.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    bout time...I knew it would go down like this the second he fought someone who he couldnt' just out muscle...

p.s. They reallllllyyyy like to let him get beat before they call it....if they called it right during the last fight when he wasn't defending...then he would have just got his 2nd loss tonight...seriously how long can the refs let things go without stopping it when they let themselves get beat in the face.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed Zimmy,

If it had been anyone other than Dana's hero of the month, I think it would have been called, when a guy wraps his arms around his head when mounted they should not let it continue nearly as long as the did in the Carwin fight. The fact that someone can cover up well enough to gas another fighter does not make for great sport.

Big red one is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stacks View Post
    It was really strange. I mean even if you're exhausted, most fighters will at least put their arms up. At least make an attempt to block. He was wide open, just waiting to get blasted.

Kinda suspicious actually
    I was telling my wife the same thing as it was happening. I think he was affraid of Cains power. His left hook was calculated at 2300 LBS per square inch on sports science, just to give you an idea how hard that is James Toney only scored 1200.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    No matter what kind of athlete you are or how big and strong you are, you CANNOT TEACH HOW TO TAKE A PUNCH!! Either you can or can't and that's what separates fighters from athletes. How many other strength athletes, football players, etc., have tried their hand at MMA or boxing and failed because they cannot take a punch. Brock has never been able to take a punch. Take a look at his fight with Couture. But he has always been able to rush someone, take em down and pistol whip them into submission. He doesn't have knockout power, nor can he take a punch.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Great Fight!!!! Velasquez with clean effective punching. Once Lesnar couldn't over power him, he was done. Couldn't stand up with Cain. Great night!!!!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I must say,,, I was suprised,,,but fight well deserved by CAIN.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I love the outcome...awesome fight...

trike is offline New Member
    I can't stand Brock Lesnar but I was rooting for him for the first time in this fight because Cain is a racist SOB... I hope Carwin KO's Cain... He is going to have to get WAY better cardio though!

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Im not a huge fan of Lesnar, but we are forgetting he dispatched a lot of very good fighters. Heath is no push over. Randy Has beaten a lot of top level fighters, Carwin (whether top rated or not) is not someone a lot of the HW's want to fight and Mir is very skilled.

Its nice to shake up the HW division a little and this set up some great fights for 2011. Cain/JDS will be amazing.

-KP
    *actually heath is way past his prime when he fought brock..4-5-1 in last ten fights
    *randy has a terrible heavy weight record, his only major HW win is to tim silvia.
    *carwin lost the fight himself by out doing himself, he was destorying brock.

brock is somebody that at anytime could probably beat any heavy weight because of his size and speed. but he is not a great HW, he has a very 1-sided fight game. it just happens to be one that works very well because once he is on top, he pretty much has total control.

brock has no punching power, and can't take a punch... and striking is a part of fighting.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually I do have to say that brock can DEFINATELY take a punch....but he just can't think while getting punched. Promise you some of those shots he took would have knocked out some people completely. I think he just lacks the quick thinking to be able to react to getting punched.

trike is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    Actually I do have to say that brock can DEFINATELY take a punch....but he just can't think while getting punched. Promise you some of those shots he took would have knocked out some people completely. I think he just lacks the quick thinking to be able to react to getting punched.
    I think you are right, he is very inexperienced especially to be holding the title.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    This is no surpirse. I have said that Cain Velasquez is the man to beat before the fight, not Brock. Brock can only fight on the basis of strength it seems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information