Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up Vintage Bruce Lee Nunchaku Footage

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    haha good ol bruce

layeazy is offline Banned
    lol gotta put it out there Bruce lee is a poser..

Find his fight record who did he fight pick out some names for us.....

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why is he a poser? He never claimed to be the greatest fighter of all time, nor did he ever brag about his record. Bruce, however, IS responsible for a generation of martial arts enthusiast and probably, indirectly, responsible for the popularity of MMA and other combat spots (sans boxing and wrestling). So what would make him a poser?

clemont51 is offline Banned
    When a BL film called the "Chinese Connection" opened at a small movie house in Arlington, VA., I was
    one of the few people to see the film. The next day I called the Washington Post's film critic and
    told him about what I had seen. The next week BL and the film got a 1/2 page spread. (This was in the
    very early 70's.) Enter the Dragon came next.

Why is he a poser?

exactly why? Its like taking advice to climb mount Everest from someone that has never done it!

I mean atleast van damme fought some ppl atleast chuck norris fought guys in competition..

Im not saying hes a bad guy its just i dont take him seriously in the martial arts i think he was a great hollywood martial artist and thats as far as it goes...

The guy has had influence for sure but as long as you believe in the hype well then....

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by layeazy View Post
    Why is he a poser?

exactly why? Its like taking advice to climb mount Everest from someone that has never done it!

I mean atleast van damme fought some ppl atleast chuck norris fought guys in competition..

Im not saying hes a bad guy its just i dont take him seriously in the martial arts i think he was a great hollywood martial artist and thats as far as it goes...

The guy has had influence for sure but as long as you believe in the hype well then....
    Your argument is flawed. How many of the greatest fighters are trained by former world champion fighters? Freddy Roach trains Manny Pacquiao. Freddy Roach never won a world championship. Manny Stewart has trained the best heavyweights of the last generation and he, too, was never a good fighter either. The list goes on and on. And the same holds true other sports as well.

Agree but they still fought didn't they?

The point i was making that to me Bruce Lee would be more legit if he had some sort of record in competion thats all.

I mean Jackie Chan and jump around and look awesome but can Jackie Chan and if you didn't know him you would think he was some special ass kicking machine but he is just an awesome stunt man...

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Go brucey

Thread Information