BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Shogun/Jones Spoiler

Great fight by Jones, real solid game plan. He dismantled Shogun, not sure if the planned on taking him down and wearing him out on the ground first it worked out well. I think Jones would be a great match up for Anderson, that would probably be one of the most exciting fights of all time. I hope Shogun keeps fighting, sure he will, he's still a great fighter and fun to watch. I watched it online, so I could see by the timer that the fight was about to end, Shogun was on his back and I was still hoping he was going to grab a leg for the win......didn't happen . Thing is, you could tell Shogun knew he couldnt beat him on his feet or on the ground after a while, he was going for the leg lock out of desperation. Great fight by Jones and another champion trained by Jackson.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    While it was a great performance by Jones, I also thought it was quite appauling how he wanted to embarrass shogun. The fight should have been ended by Jones after the kick to the face and subsequent punch, Jones just backed up and had his way with him to prove that he was superior and could end it when he wanted.

Not sure who noticed, but after the final knee and punch Shogun hit the ground and was tapping.

I atually came into this section about to start a thread about AS vs Jones, GSP has made it very clear that he wont move up in weight cause he doesnt want to lose and hides behind the guise of being "friends" with AS.

LETS SEE a fvcken Superfight, oldschool UFC style

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I lost my money watching the fight.
    Shogun Rua was drunk. unbelieved.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    While it was a great performance by Jones, I also thought it was quite appauling how he wanted to embarrass shogun. The fight should have been ended by Jones after the kick to the face and subsequent punch, Jones just backed up and had his way with him to prove that he was superior and could end it when he wanted.

Not sure who noticed, but after the final knee and punch Shogun hit the ground and was tapping.

I atually came into this section about to start a thread about AS vs Jones, GSP has made it very clear that he wont move up in weight cause he doesnt want to lose and hides behind the guise of being "friends" with AS.

I have to watch it again I didnt notice the tap....

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Great fight by Jones, real solid game plan. He dismantled Shogun, not sure if the planned on taking him down and wearing him out on the ground first it worked out well. I think Jones would be a great match up for Anderson, that would probably be one of the most exciting fights of all time. I hope Shogun keeps fighting, sure he will, he's still a great fighter and fun to watch. I watched it online, so I could see by the timer that the fight was about to end, Shogun was on his back and I was still hoping he was going to grab a leg for the win......didn't happen . Thing is, you could tell Shogun knew he couldnt beat him on his feet or on the ground after a while, he was going for the leg lock out of desperation. Great fight by Jones and another champion trained by Jackson.
    Shogun's conditioning or lack of always shows in his losses (ie:griffen). Although in this case...dont see it mattering all that much. Its a shame though..i wish guys like him and bj penn took their conditioning more seriously.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    whats with Shoguns right bicep? Looks like it was torn at some point, much smaller where it inserts into the delt than his left

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Shogun's conditioning or lack of always shows in his losses (ie:griffen). Its a shame though..i wish guys like him and bj penn took their conditioning more seriously.
    I totally agree.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    any links to the actual fight?

nevergiveup is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Knockout_Power;5575190]While it was a great performance by Jones, I also thought it was quite appauling how he wanted to embarrass shogun. The fight should have been ended by Jones after the kick to the face and subsequent punch, Jones just backed up and had his way with him to prove that he was superior and could end it when he wanted.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I was watching on PPV. I can't believe how easily he won over Shogun. It was like he was lost.

kenton is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post

YES! finally i read someone else saying it too. I definitly did see him tapping I watched it live with some friends and I was the only one who noticed the submission to strikes.

I on the other hand was not appaled by his performance (jones') even though it was slightly disrespectful, isn't the point of fighting someone to totally dominate in all aspects (see GSP vs koscheck 2 for a recent example)

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    jones is pound for pound probebly the best fighter in mma today. and has a good shot at taking down anderson silva.got to love a solid wrestling base...

Thread Information